test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plz bring back our magical musician

Comments

• remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There should definitely be multiple ways to excel as a bard, whether its through cc, massive swashbuckling dps, or side healing and support there is one way that I will cry if its not in the game.

Whether its boring or stupid or whatever, I WANT TO BE A POWERHOUSE BUFFBOT.

People can mock me for being a free party slot, or lazy, or whatever. Being a bard to me is at its core being the guy thats the life of the party. Sure he doesn't do a lot himself but when everyone is way more effective and having a blast I get all warm and fuzzy inside.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And dancing. Bards cause more dancing. It's just good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runeskaldruneskald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You must include the Swashbuckling Archer of Musical Mischief... ASAP after release if it is not initially included. Bards are a staple for epic adventures, besides who would you eat durring the cold winter (and rejoice about eating them).

"Bravely bold Sir Robin road forth from camelot, he was not afraid to die in many nasty ways..." ;)
    Player of many games, Master of none...
  • ironykxironykx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Count me in as a proud bard class supporter!
    Every hamster has his day!
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know that this is entirely different game from nwn but there is one role that is left out from the other classes. That my friend would be the support casting role, the wizard lacks this role and is primarily that cannon in the back blasting everything while you distract them.

But there is someone that can fulfill that role, our musical friend in the back with his flute and crossbow the bard. Who was there when we needed strength? Who was there when we needed weaker enemies? Who was there when we needed a leader to inspire us to press on through the dungeons of despair? Who was there to entertain us in the tavern?

Our magically talented musician was there to pick locks and pockets when the rogue
    wasn't there, he was able to defend himself when everyone else was swarmed, and he had the clever togue that no one else had.

I missed the bard in other fantasy RPG'S but I'm hoping for him to be brought back in this game and I think others are too. I am willing to wait for an expansion if your adding him later but if it hasn't been considered think of the fans and look into your heart.

Post a like if you want the bard!

As long as no bards sing songs like this... or this may happen.

Seriously though Im all for getting the bard in the game as long as we get the ranger and druid
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As long as they go auto PVP with modifiers null resist to backstab I'm all for it.

What?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As long as no bards sing songs like this... or this may happen.

Seriously though Im all for getting the bard in the game as long as we get the ranger and druid

bards are in direct response to people's indifference.

"At least we get a reaction!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIkc1_zqaC8
    edited January 2013
    As long as they go auto PVP with modifiers null resist to backstab I'm all for it.

What?

Bring two of something.

I accept your challenge.
  • voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited January 2013
    Count me in!
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
    edited January 2013
    voxx75 wrote: »
    Count me in!

hmm.. now we need five... I mean three handkerchief.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Bring two of something.

I accept your challenge.

Love that vid LOL
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • crashodditycrashoddity Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The bard class sounds interesting! Never played one in PnP, but from the looks of the combat we've seen in the class videos, the music part would need to be predetermined instead of played on the fly. I'm thinking like gem slots on your weapon that represent different instrument tracks which you can edit. A fully gemmed weapon would play the best, most complex music.

You companion might also be able to add to the music too... Although that might be getting a little too Monty Python... lol
  • amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While I could not have as much fun with a bard in an MMO as I could in a pen and paper game (mechanic restrictions and no bonus exp for actually writing songs and poems .-.), I very much agree that they should put the bard class in the game sooner rather than later.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Depends on how Cryptic handles it. If the Bard is like the Minstrel in LotRO, where your best response to a goblin swinging an axe at you is whipping out your lute and playing a chord, then no. If it's like the Bards in DDO (and PnP D&D) that give unique team buffs and can fill a "jack-of-all-trades" role, then yes.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • bloodsuckingparasitebloodsuckingparasite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    therealted wrote: »
    Depends on how Cryptic handles it. If the Bard is like the Minstrel in LotRO, where your best response to a goblin swinging an axe at you is whipping out your lute and playing a chord, then no. If it's like the Bards in DDO (and PnP D&D) that give unique team buffs and can fill a "jack-of-all-trades" role, then yes.
    /signed

and /signed to OP to getting bards in the game.
  • gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    |^|^| This
    Bard has neither been confirmed nor denied in launch. So technically, they are neither in nor out.

Bard will have to be in eventually, no fantasy genre is complete w/o bard. The question is when.

OMG the Bard is "Schrodinger's cat", he exists and dosnt exist all at the same time..aaahhhhh!
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • andysdead1andysdead1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    definitely hope to see all of the core D&D classes in this game, bard included.
  • thragg11thragg11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have never played a bard either, but I think such a class would be an awesome addition to the game. I support this as well.
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    a bard would be great for that niche buffer role between the cleric's mostly heals, some control and some buffs and the control wizard's mostly control and probably some buffs
  • fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited February 2013
    Bard is my favorite class to play in D&D, perhaps because I'm a musician in the real world. I would pay for the bard class.
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bard is the last class this barebones game needs right now
  • hundredhandslaphundredhandslap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    Would play a Bard in a heart beat. With Neverwinter's combat give me a machine gun lute!
  • lostromlostrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Didn't read the whole thread yet, but while I'm pretty sure it was a companion in the vid, the dungeon crawl with Andy Velasquez several months back (showing off the rogue) did have some musical notes going off in the background.. which means at the very least this has been contemplated. Bard should be a strong contender for one of the next classes to come out along with ranger. Ranger makes a second striker, Bard makes a second Leader, aka, healer. The thing that makes me hopeful for ranger is the number of "Nature" skill items scattered around the dungeons. You don't put that in unless you are planning for some classes with Nature skill.
  • aevicaevic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • thefantasticbardthefantasticbard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /signed I love bards. I have played one in PnP and it was my very first charicter. Ive played one for the better part of 5 years in DDO. I think they are teh equivalent of every class rolled into one, and then those classes diluted with pure win to make it a balanced class.
    The Spellsinger of Semarkan~Grimmgnaw
    I love Bards. Wisconsin, birthplace of DnD.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    But what do we do when they show us this bard?

(Besides hide behind the pile of dead bodies? :) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sure do love me some bard.... nice big hug spilling me ale all over em.... to have em tale a wonderful tale
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I kind of expect Cryptic to roll out one or two builds for each Players Handbook 1 Class before we see the Bard.

We have two for Fighters
    One for Rogue
    One For Cleric
    One For Wizard

One for Ranger likely to be at release
    And one for Warlock likley to be at release

The way the Neverwitner Online gameplay works, Bard would fit in great. The only buffs you get in this game are temporary ones from potions or prayer and one or two feats or powers. It's a fantastic system that takes one of the more clogging factors of MMO's out of the game: Buffing. The Bard could grant temporary (Example, thirty seconds) buffs and this alone would make him unique, besides the flavor of the class has, and always will, make him stand out among the rest.

Warlord kind of shares this role too. But I think most DND fans like the Bard over the Warlord. The Bard has been a familiar archetype for this genre for ages and he's always the fifth party member you expect to see in the classic tavern setting :)

Also: I've got one friend who is playing a Cleric until he can re-roll to Bard if and, whenever that day comes.
  • castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel that so much of what makes bards great for table top play is always lost when translated to MMOs. It's kind of sad, really, because I've had a lot of fun playing them in the past.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I know people who would play this game just to have fun playing as a bard.