test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic/PWE about Neverwinter

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    StormShade wrote:
    I can't say anything about Bards right now.

In the memorable words of "Dr. David Banner":

Mr. McGee. Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
    edited April 2012
    Here my Questions:

1.Do you have any intentions to add blog like post on the site or to refreshing the official site in any way?

2.Are critical hit present in th game?

3.Are save throw gone away?

4.How many encounter and daily powers can y have equipped at the same time?

5.When you say "later" or "soon" what means in temporal unity of measure?

6.What are the 2 green icon at the left of the UI bar that we can see in the video?

P.S. sorry for my english
    edited April 2012
    Q.What weapons will be available? Will I be able to use a mancatcher like in 2nd or 4e's Adventurer's Vault?
    edited April 2012
    Q: Can Foundry use recorded speech for dialogues? I mean, can be use recorded voice for map creation/NPC's?
    edited April 2012
    Great, take ONE day off from the boards and THAT'S the day he responds.

But thanks SS for answering the questions even when to respond you couldn't answer that (right now.)

Originally Posted by grummush
    OK i got one more question,

1. When are you going to start answering questions ? haha

Tomorrow!

Great G set up SS to answer that way causing a paradox and the upcoming black hole sucking everything into non-existence from the rip in quantum reality.

I hope you're happy! :p

But before we all cease to exist:

Will we have mini-games in NW?

What is the name of the "cash shop" and the item(s) used for it in the NW genre?

Thanks so much!
    edited April 2012
    granmazzo wrote:
    Here my Questions:

1.Do you have any intentions to add blog like post on the site or to refreshing the official site in any way?

2.Are critical hit present in th game?

3.Are save throw gone away?

Going to save Stormy some time.... they aren't ready to talk about combat mechanics yet.

Maybe he can say something about # of active powers though... you could pretty much guess as-is from the video.
    edited April 2012
    In the memorable words of "Dr. David Banner":

Mr. McGee. Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Aandre and Aavarius, I just take his answer to mean he cannot talk about the Bard ( much like the Ranger ) :)

Oh and I suspect the tentative name for neverwinter's version of Dilithium is Residuum. ;)
    edited April 2012
    Aandre and Aavarius, I just take his answer to mean he cannot talk about the Bard ( much like the Ranger ) :)

You mean, he cannot sing about the bard, right? :)
    But I do hope when the bard comes up, it is a class with unique audio skills and unique playstyle, and not just, "sing terribly so that the enemy takes damage".
    edited April 2012

Oh and I suspect the tentative name for neverwinter's version of Dilithium is Residuum. ;)

I'm guessing Astral Diamonds, as Residumm might really be used in some rituals. But continue your humor :p
    edited April 2012
    I'm guessing Astral Diamonds, as Residumm might really be used in some rituals. But continue your humor :p

Honestly forgot about Astral Diamonds :eek:
    edited April 2012
    Let's keep this topic clean of page-long offtopic, can we ;-) ?
    edited April 2012
    Q. Can players and/or NPC's hide within objects? Like say a Trojan Horse or say dead hookers?
    edited April 2012
    One of the biggest impacts a game can have for me is audio. Specifically, environmental audio. In games like Everquest, it seemed to me this was a big consideration. I don't notice it nearly as much in World of Warcraft, but it's not bad. It's my hope that in a game like Neverwinter, where PvE is, or I hope will be, the primary focus, will environmental audio get it's due?
    Can there be anything like really hearing the drip of water in an underground cave or the shuffle of feet as you move along the stone floor of a subterranean complex in the near pitch dark? Or what about the sounds of an outdoor environment as your ranger trailblazes his/her way through the forest at night? Or hearing wild animals in the distance as you set up camp in the dark, to rest and let your wizard renew his spells?

Q: So will environmental audio get much attention in Neverwinter?

It has such a large impact on the feel of a game. IMHO, more so even than the visuals. Although, so far the visuals do look delicious!
    edited April 2012
    Question: Is durability implemented to weapons/armor/equipments in game?

Question: Will rust monster eat iron and wood weapon would be good idea to fight them?

Question: Is the crafting being designed is immersive and better than other games in your opinion?

Thanks a lot :p
    edited April 2012
    Q. Will there be aging? Will there be different effects for forced aging or for a player choosing an age at character creation?

Q. Will cosmetic items have multiple ways they can be worn if applicable? For instance say I have a scarf. Can I wear it down around my neck or around my face?

Q. Will rules for encumbrance be present?
    edited April 2012
    Okay i might start of with saying sorry if my bad english might ofend enyone, enyways back too what i wanted too ask, i want too start of saying that the game seams very promising and ive beta tested alot of games from the begining of them dota 2, starcraft 2, etc, and im hoping that ill be abel too test this one too :). enyways my question goes like this will there be worlds for rprs like me that want too create a world together like a world that you can change together. for example a big group of dwarfs gets together (100) and they all support this person witch then creates a clan witch leads too them starting the creation of a city. this would also be very great since it would create a great atmosphere and a general great rp'feeling. i dont know the word for what am talking about but i think you probebly will understand me. im basicly saying will there be servers witch is for rprs and players are allowed too create player content that efects the map. now if your answer would be how would you support such a system lets put it simple you have a rack of GMs witch you need too get in contact with one of them and talk with them about youre idear witch they will maby talk about/answer yes or no if your allowed too do it. thanks -julius
    edited April 2012
    Just one thing I've been wanting to know:

Is the whole world going to be just one giant map or are they going to be separated map per map by portals?
    edited April 2012
    Just one thing I've been wanting to know:

Is the whole world going to be just one giant map or are they going to be separated map per map by portals?

The devs have said that Neverwinter is an open world game. It won't be portal based or hub based.
    edited April 2012
    A couple more questions:

1. Key mapping and movement. I trust the game will have wasd movement, but how customizable are the keys? Can we also re-map our at wills and encounters from the mouse? Yes, I'd very much like that too. I'm not a fan of third party programs and only at times I realize how important the ability to key map is..

2. What kind of tools will we have in foundry concerning lore? Items, wall scripts, npc scripts etc..

3. Will crafting contain mini-games or will it be a straight-forward success or failure thing?
    edited April 2012
    nimloh wrote:
    The devs have said that Neverwinter is an open world game. It won't be portal based or hub based.

Can you post that quote? Because from what I've read and watched, open world has been slightly twisted to mean that while you will be able to travel from town to town in an open world sense, you will still have loading screens as you travel from area to area.

Has this been cleared up? And if so, can somebody post this so it's clearly understood?

Thanks!
    edited April 2012
    The main city of Neverwinter and possibly the surrounding country side will be open. However specific dungeons will be instanced for players.

That being said, the game will be one server, and Cryptic will have it sharded off. In STO and CO it's 100 players per shard but you can freely transfer around each shard as much as you like.
    edited April 2012
    Aescleal wrote: »
    Can you post that quote? Because from what I've read and watched, open world has been slightly twisted to mean that while you will be able to travel from town to town in an open world sense, you will still have loading screens as you travel from area to area.

Has this been cleared up? And if so, can somebody post this so it's clearly understood?

Thanks!

The reference I'm thinking of is in this Pokket interview. I don't know any more then that. I suppose it doesn't really clear up any confusion. We don't have details.
    edited April 2012
    nimloh wrote:

I know it's an open world game, but some open world games have maps separated by portals like RaiderZ.
    edited April 2012
    Aescleal wrote: »
    Can you post that quote?

A big brown Bear I see on forums is collecting all the information in a thread about what devs have said and a sumary of all the interviews.

You can get/add/edit all info in that thread and get the quotes. :)

just a heads up.
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for clearing that up as much as can be. At this point it's wait and see. Either way, it's an open world to run and play in! How awesome will all this be?

Cheers!
    edited April 2012
    Will it be possible to purchase a lifetime subscription like in CO and STO?
    edited April 2012
    Sky-Ranger wrote:
    Will it be possible to purchase a lifetime subscription like in CO and STO?

if they don't "freemium" certain classes or limit access to certain things it's a moot point as this is a free game NOT a convert from a subscription model. We'd have to be told more about what is or isn't in the FtP model which WAS said they aren't ready to talk about it yet.
    edited April 2012
    Sorry in advance if some of these questions have been asked before. I did read the whole thread but I may have missed some things.

- Will the world be all instanced or will it be open? I would hate to see hundreds of tiny zones. Everything should be open except for dungeons and foundry content.

- Is swimming implemented?

- Is the drow race unlocked and playable at launch?

- Will there be PC housing, or guild housing?

- Anything on crafting?

- We know from your other games that character creation will be long hard work for some players that want their character just right. Is there any way we can save our character presets at beta, so as to save time at launch?

Thanks ! :)
    edited April 2012
    Colm wrote: »

- Is the drow race unlocked and playable at launch?

Well in one video at PAX East dev (i think its dev) plays as Tricster Rogue whos drow so at least i think that they will be! :P
    edited April 2012
    Anglomyr wrote:
    Well in one video at PAX East dev (i think its dev) plays as Tricster Rogue whos drow so at least i think that they will be! :P

*takes Anglomyr to one side of a room and whispers in ear*
    Shh... we will trick StromShade into saying it, thus it will be official!
    *Laughs with evil face*
This discussion has been closed.