test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Something else I'd like to see, in addition to my other wishes, is a system like SWtoR's Legacy system. Something better though. Basically in SWtoR, it is a system that you're able to link all your characters together through "ally," "rival," "spouse," "child," "adopted child," and "sibling." You can then set to have them share a surname or a "Legacy Title." Then, as you play any character, you earn Legacy XP which levels up your Legacy and as you gain more levels, you unlock account-wide perks and bonuses that apply to all your characters or even unlock new races.

I think WotC and Cryptic could come up with a really intuitive and in-depth system like this that would relate more to multiple characters, multiple families, and such that compliments a D&D feel. Especially with Drow and Elves who have "Houses" and "Clans."

I have to be honest I despised the legacy system mostly because of the surname issue. In my opinion naming needs to be the way it has been in recent Cryptic games like CO and STO, where you can have a first name and surname combination that needs to be unique to you @handle, but other characters can use that sure name. So let's say I wanted a character named Drizzt Do'urden (names have been changed to protect the innocent) and then I made a character that is his wife Dahlia, I can give her the Do'urden surname if I like or I can give her her own surname - Sin'felle. I'm fine with a system that let's me mark these characters as related in whatever fashion I choose (oddly SWTOR didn't make this information visible to anyone, but the player), but don't give me one surname for all of my characters, that's what the @handle name is for.

The other side of the legacy system was hit or miss as many of the "cool" unlocks about the system were server wide and not account wide, this is a problem that shouldn't be an issue for NW as it will only have one server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    I have to be honest I despised the legacy system mostly because of the surname issue. In my opinion naming needs to be the way it has been in recent Cryptic games like CO and STO, where you can have a first name and surname combination that needs to be unique to you @handle, but other characters can use that sure name. So let's say I wanted a character named Drizzt Do'urden (names have been changed to protect the innocent) and then I made a character that is his wife Dahlia, I can give her the Do'urden surname if I like or I can give her her own surname - Sin'felle. I'm fine with a system that let's me mark these characters as related in whatever fashion I choose (oddly SWTOR didn't make this information visible to anyone, but the player), but don't give me one surname for all of my characters, that's what the @handle name is for.

The other side of the legacy system was hit or miss as many of the "cool" unlocks about the system were server wide and not account wide, this is a problem that shouldn't be an issue for NW as it will only have one server.

Yeah, that's why I think WotC and Cryptic could take this and really do something better, as I said in the last paragraph. ;)

I think WotC and Cryptic could come up with a really intuitive and in-depth system like this that would relate more to multiple characters, multiple families, and such that compliments a D&D feel. Especially with Drow and Elves who have "Houses" and "Clans."
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ventrillo and teamspeak are great if you regularly party with the same group, but everyone has to be on the same server. The DDO model does Party Chat. When you have 6 people in a party who all dont know each other, who is going to be the one to give out thier vent server password? I like in game voice chat because I can meet new people and not have to change my vent server passowrd when I run into an a-hole.

It seems we have completely different experiences. I really do NOT want this game to be some mandatory(must do) voice communication! Hell most random groups in WOW European servers never use any voice communication! People learn to use abbrevations(shorter words) also in chat like cu = customer in typical log that customer support use in databases.

I suspect voice communication can be lovely if you live in USA where most people speak decent English at least. I am from northern Europe and I have been in international European Guilds and I really do not like to hear voice chat at all unless it is a very hard Dungeon/Raid run and tactics need to be explained real time.

If you play on Europen servers you will meet plenty of people with really bad English skills for example Italians, French or whatever that have the attitude English is not important to learn well. I still think it is ok to see their poor written English, but to hear lots of multinational "English" talk no thanks.

My mother tongue is not English and quite frankly I really do not love to hear some eager teenager from UK screaming either... playing in a controlled Guild Chat(not free for all speech) or with few friends(real life and later on good Guild member "player friends") can be nice.

The idea is to use voice chat when it is really needed i.e very hard encounter I really dislike to use voice chat everywhere. If there would be some guild that would say that voice chat is mandatory at all times then I would never join that Guild.

DDO was not a free game originally. This is a free game and please do not waste resources on some stupid voice chat when professional MMO players still use TeamSpeak3 or Ventrilo with their guild easily(when needed). Some people use more voice chat, but I really use it only when needed or in small restricted groups.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    It seems we have completely different experiences. I really do NOT want this game to be some mandatory(must do) voice communication! Hell most random groups in WOW European servers never use any voice communication! People learn to use abbrevations(shorter words) also in chat like cu = customer in typical log that customer support use in databases.

I suspect voice communication can be lovely if you live in USA where most people speak decent English at least. I am from northern Europe and I have been in international European Guilds and I really do not like to hear voice chat at all unless it is a very hard Dungeon/Raid run and tactics need to be explained real time.

If you play on Europen servers you will meet plenty of people with really bad English skills for example Italians, French or whatever that have the attitude English is not important to learn well. I still think it is ok to see their poor written English, but to hear lots of multinational "English" talk no thanks.

My mother tongue is not English and quite frankly I really do not love to hear some eager teenager from UK screaming either... playing in a controlled Guild Chat(not free for all speech) or with few friends(real life and later on good Guild member "player friends") can be nice.

The idea is to use voice chat when it is really needed i.e very hard encounter I really dislike to use voice chat everywhere. If there would be some guild that would say that voice chat is mandatory at all times then I would never join that Guild.

DDO was not a free game originally. This is a free game and please do not waste resources on some stupid voice chat when professional MMO players still use TeamSpeak3 or Ventrilo with their guild easily(when needed). Some people use more voice chat, but I really use it only when needed or in small restricted groups.

This is a Cryptic game built on a modified and enhanced version of the Cryptic Engine. I'm sorry to have to tell you but in light of this, I whole-heatedly expect there to be built-in voice chat features for party, seeing how both STO and CO have it already also. The nice thing is that, like ventrillo and teamspeak, its use is optional and you can choose to mute any party members you wish, so that only you cannot hear them. You may even disable it completely in the audio settings in those games.
  • uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    This is D&D, the idea of your class is that you can't do everything and sometimes there are restrictions. Even when there aren't, you aren't a master of every weapon that you pick up. And as to ESO, they don't have any set classes. So comparing the two is almost ridiculous.
    u do make some sense in character cant be a master in all weapons but looking at the lvling system in skyrim you choose which spec to go more indepth in but having more customization is always good
    looking at the dev keep saying guardian fighter trickster rouge control mage you have a good idea what the role is about even abilities are limited so making it looks less interesting looking at how vivid the FR is
    crytic is making NWO very narrow
    edited November 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I think what he saying is he like the idea of taking a character and playing it the way you want and you get better at what you do as you become more proficient at it.

I don't see this as ridiculous, people like to have options for builds etc and basically it's looking limited as of now so that could make peeps say meh and go play ESO.
    i think we are along the same line crytic is not including alignment that make it even less interesting coz there are distinct good and evil in Fr and DD but with no alignment every is neutral and seems a bit dull
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    uniquevil wrote: »
    i think we are along the same line crytic is not including alignment that make it even less interesting coz there are distinct good and evil in Fr and DD but with no alignment every is neutral and seems a bit dull

I agree with this. I like the idea of unaligned in theory, but in reality it's just kind of boring. Everyone's suddenly unaligned? So you're saying you can be anything you want. Do something evil, then something good, then whatever you want..anyone else think it sounds like True Neutral? I'll give em, it's could be hard to implement alignment, but it would make the game much more interesting. If they were to add deities, it'd be that much better. You could do so much with added deities, it almost makes me sad they don't have them.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Alignment is so secret in this game, you can't even publicly list it! So there! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    If you are truly into the RP aspect, alignment can severely hinder your character's questing and/or group joining options. Is the purpose of this quest to stop the bad guy? All Evil alignments can't do it. Is a quest based on helping an Evil character to accomplish a greater result? Good guys are exempt. Then there's the conflict of morals within the party.

In short, despite alignment possibilities, actions and options are very black and white. Being unaligned gives your character your own motives and reasons, though, and the possibility of changing them without making it "official".

UGC will be endlessly creative and plot-twisty, I'm sure. You don't want to have to "drop out" because the story is conflicting with your alignment. Then there's the issue of aligned-equipment....

Alignment is fun for pnp in my opinion, but cumbersome when gaming, especially when you have to explain to numerous people online that may or may not understand your position.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi All,

Hmmmmm.... just like to reply on the leveling of charaters, I hope that it will be done in levels 1=1 and not 3=1??? Argh!!!! I think that is a bad idea. I like things that have to be done solwly at first, it brings a sense of realism to the game. And starting out at level 1 as a level 1 just makes sense to me. If it is done any other way your going to "Plant " that gun-ho attitude from the get-go, this can best be discribed from transititioning from a high level toon to a beginner toon again, in any game, for a little while you think your playing the powerful charater until you die because you just ran into a group of 6 Bugbears, opps....oh...yeah.... I'm level one again.

I don't like the thought of having levels, " Free " or " virtual " in any game.
    When I was a little tike and started to walk, I fell in the process because I was learning.

The same could be said for people who shunned the Sorc or Wizzy class, most of the time the reason was because they were too squishy at the start, but for those who stuck with it became one of the most powerful and helpful classes in RPG

Don't take that much needed learning factor out of the game, I don't like the thought of getting my first group and some Bone-head runs into a fight without a care because 1 level equals 3 Ergo the thought is " Well I'm really 3 levels higher in this game, I'm gonna own this battle "

Geesh!!! I wish designers would leave game systems alone when it works well, If you designed PnP rules for that then don't keep making newer rules and changing it into ( Or trying ) a board game.

My mind-set on levels and what I feel they should be, someone can correct me if I'm wrong,

Levels ( gained 1 at a time )

1-20 = normal game play
    21-25 = primer for Demi-God/Epic
    26-30+ = Epic/God Like

I don't want to be walking down the street and see some toon that has level 96 and trips over their own feet I don't want to see level 96 at all because in the rule book it may only state that there are only 35 or 40 levels.

If I feel that inferior that I need to have a high number for my level then I guess I should go play one of those other dumb MMO's Like............. WOW. Yikes!!!

Cheers! All
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    galahad01 wrote: »
    1-20 = normal game play
    26-30+ = Epic/God Like...

Something is wrong here ...

Officially in pnp
    1-10: Heroic tier
    11-20: Paragon tier
    21-30: Epic tier

Officially in game
    1-30: Heroic tier
    31-60: Paragon tier
    <No epic level at launch>

It is possible to become immortal/demi-god in epic level.

@elewyndyl I think best thing about MMO is it brings people with diversity together and helps us understand and appreciate the differences between each other. I would love to have a person with french accent oice on mic. However, "annoying voices"/"people who talk trash" always exist in in all languages and in all cultures. We have to learn to ignore them. It has nothing to do with skills with english. I believe as long as person is motivated to communicate - it is not a problem to communicate with them.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi All,

Hmmmmm.... just like to reply on the leveling of charaters, I hope that it will be done in levels 1=1 and not 3=1??? Argh!!!! I think that is a bad idea. I like things that have to be done solwly at first, it brings a sense of realism to the game. And starting out at level 1 as a level 1 just makes sense to me. If it is done any other way your going to "Plant " that gun-ho attitude from the get-go, this can best be discribed from transititioning from a high level toon to a beginner toon again, in any game, for a little while you think your playing the powerful charater until you die because you just ran into a group of 6 Bugbears, opps....oh...yeah.... I'm level one again.

I don't like the thought of having levels, " Free " or " virtual " in any game.
    When I was a little tike and started to walk, I fell in the process because I was learning.

The same could be said for people who shunned the Sorc or Wizzy class, most of the time the reason was because they were too squishy at the start, but for those who stuck with it became one of the most powerful and helpful classes in RPG

Don't take that much needed learning factor out of the game, I don't like the thought of getting my first group and some Bone-head runs into a fight without a care because 1 level equals 3 Ergo the thought is " Well I'm really 3 levels higher in this game, I'm gonna own this battle "

Geesh!!! I wish designers would leave game systems alone when it works well, If you designed PnP rules for that then don't keep making newer rules and changing it into ( Or trying ) a board game.

My mind-set on levels and what I feel they should be, someone can correct me if I'm wrong,

Levels ( gained 1 at a time )

1-20 = normal game play
    26-30+ = Epic/God Like

I don't want to be walking down the street and see some toon that has level 96 and trips over their own feet I don't want to see level 96 at all because in the rule book it may only state that there are only 35 or 40 levels.

If I feel that inferior that I need to have a high number for my level then I guess I should go play one of those other dumb MMO's Like............. WOW. Yikes!!!

Cheers! All

What I saw is based on demos and could change, including the possibility the levels were "dumbed down" for player demos.

4E is a game on balance. Right or wrong, gone is the day where a wizard or even a rogue/thief could die simply because it's starting out or a fighter loses its purpose compared to other classes at high levels. They all bring something to the table (err make that MMO game now,) in their roles. This is further "specialized" allegedly with "builds" but we have yet to see anything beyond the first builds of the classes, and none of the cleric class or builds, whatever they may be (guessing the base one from Templar core cleric class would be devoted since it's the middle of the three [battle devoted and shielding cleric builds] for offense and defense options.)

The D&D Tabletop edition has three tiers of adventure "levels" from levels 1 to 30. 1-10 is Heroic, 11-20 is Paragon and 21-30 is Epic.

At the time of release, the game will support the Heroic and Paragon tiers, but with three times the levels. So we start at level 1, and (at the time of launch currently,) "cap" at level 60. Games are both instanced to scale to level in instanced adventures and appear capped for level ranges with open area zones for both single and multi-player involvement. But the videos we see are few showing those multi-player involvement. At the time of release the open zone and instanced areas were said to be 50-50.

Paragon paths have been shown to be a "feat tree" path like many MMOs where it's likely we supply points per level advancement or some other benchmark and "invest" them based on specialy options from our classes. These specialties are later called "paragon paths," but that's all I saw. I don't know exactly when we get these paths but I'm guessing it's sometime after L20 or more likely after L 30. (Anybody who has a good eye can watch the quickly shown character shots in multiple videos and even the streamlined or possibly full character creation in the specific Gamescon video.) Things like how "Background" work in game (seen in Gamescon but could not get a good read with my monitor) are still unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    If you are truly into the RP aspect, alignment can severely hinder your character's questing and/or group joining options. Is the purpose of this quest to stop the bad guy? All Evil alignments can't do it. Is a quest based on helping an Evil character to accomplish a greater result? Good guys are exempt. Then there's the conflict of morals within the party.

In short, despite alignment possibilities, actions and options are very black and white. Being unaligned gives your character your own motives and reasons, though, and the possibility of changing them without making it "official".

UGC will be endlessly creative and plot-twisty, I'm sure. You don't want to have to "drop out" because the story is conflicting with your alignment. Then there's the issue of aligned-equipment....

Alignment is fun for pnp in my opinion, but cumbersome when gaming, especially when you have to explain to numerous people online that may or may not understand your position.

well evil will always be evil nothing stopping them to kill evil character as long its in their benefits
    that is what being evil is all abt that is y alignment is chosen at the beginning maybe crytic can have an option to switch alighment as people do change from evil to good good to evil etc
    its much more unique if depending on your action your alignment change making neverwinter game more robust imo
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    I agree with this. I like the idea of unaligned in theory, but in reality it's just kind of boring. Everyone's suddenly unaligned? So you're saying you can be anything you want. Do something evil, then something good, then whatever you want..anyone else think it sounds like True Neutral? I'll give em, it's could be hard to implement alignment, but it would make the game much more interesting. If they were to add deities, it'd be that much better. You could do so much with added deities, it almost makes me sad they don't have them.
    oh yes deities without them no FR elements imagine a daily skill due to you worshipping diff deities e.g mystra you get one free spell shar you get to be invisible at night etc it will make neverwinter so much fun and interesting
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    uniquevil wrote: »
    well evil will always be evil nothing stopping them to kill evil character as long its in their benefits
    that is what being evil is all abt that is y alignment is chosen at the beginning maybe crytic can have an option to switch alighment as people do change from evil to good good to evil etc
    its much more unique if depending on your action your alignment change making neverwinter game more robust imo

How about this: In game terms, I can only see it as a way to restrict content and limits your questing options, if not also dialog options (if it were possible). Maybe I'm thinking too old-school or something, but when someone in my original group of D&D players got an alignment change, it was treated as a punishment with penalties and everything.

You may be right about the evilness shtick, but then what's stopping EVERYONE from simply being greedy and killing the next guy for the thing he's carrying (i.e. choosing and sticking with an evil alignment)? If some great loot was at stake in a random quest, are you really going to be motivated enough by the pureness of your LG heart to leave it and not to just steal it from someone?
    On the other hand, if your alignment is always switching on the fly, then what's the point of having it? Obviously not rping, and your powers and skills seem to be based on your character class build.
    edited November 2012
    How about this: In game terms, I can only see it as a way to restrict content and limits your questing options, if not also dialog options (if it were possible). Maybe I'm thinking too old-school or something, but when someone in my original group of D&D players got an alignment change, it was treated as a punishment with penalties and everything.

You may be right about the evilness shtick, but then what's stopping EVERYONE from simply being greedy and killing the next guy for the thing he's carrying (i.e. choosing and sticking with an evil alignment)? If some great loot was at stake in a random quest, are you really going to be motivated enough by the pureness of your LG heart to leave it and not to just steal it from someone?
    On the other hand, if your alignment is always switching on the fly, then what's the point of having it? Obviously not rping, and your powers and skills seem to be based on your character class build.

hmm you may be right abt the alignment switching the penalties and debuff should come in for DnD
    but without alignment the game will seem slightly muted
    edited November 2012
    This is a Cryptic game built on a modified and enhanced version of the Cryptic Engine.
    I'm sorry to have to tell you but in light of this, I whole-heatedly expect there to be built-in voice chat features for party,
    seeing how both STO and CO have it already also. The nice thing is that, like ventrillo and teamspeak, its use is optional
    and you can choose to mute any party members you wish, so that only you cannot hear them. You may even disable it completely
    in the audio settings in those games.
    If the Voice communication can be imported from existing Cryptic games with minimum effort then I could see some logic in having game inbuilt voice communication.
    gillrmn wrote: »
    @elewyndyl I think best thing about MMO is it brings people with diversity together and helps us understand and appreciate the differences between each other. I would love to have a person with french accent oice on mic. However, "annoying voices"/"people who talk trash" always exist in in all languages and in all cultures. We have to learn to ignore them. It has nothing to do with skills with english. I believe as long as person is motivated to communicate - it is not a problem to communicate with them.
    I work with voice computer support with multiple languages. You do understand that when I come home my first thought is not lets start a "wonderful" voice communication? For me Guild Voice chat sounds like stress. If it is written chat then I do NOT need to read it real time I can check it relaxing when I want.

As multinational acceptance I do like to hear music in different languages. Though my Russian language skills are very poor I do like to hear music in other languages then English also.
    Example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf9Eb3HqW8o
    While I do not understand 100 % of the words I do suspect that FBI falsely suspect and accuses the girl, while in reality she is not guilty.

Well anyway I sure can accept other languages, but for me voice communication= stress so I prefer to use as little as possible in computer games. I am less stressed on holidays and each year I travel abroad and I do enjoy to speak with other Europeans on my travels. Previous summer I travelled to Kiev Ukraine.

While I love horror movies and TV series True Blood and The Vampire Diaries I like also good deeds. See this lovely video and it is from Sweden:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpdmKELE1k

Of course I love videos with Babes also and this music is from Finland:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzGNWayhrZw

Yeah thats what I want for Neverwinter. Horror and sexy Babes. Of course there should be Paladin Heroes also and well should not Paladins have high Charisma i.e Paladin Babe:). Finally I must mention Capture The Flag my favorite gaming mode type of PvP.
  • shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited November 2012
    It seems that RP doesn't really have a place in modern mmo's so perhaps being a real life sleezy loot ninja will get you a DM approved bounty if you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enough people off, or maybe contract killings assuming parties are on a roll/pass rule. I don't really see a whole lot of options to be a bad guy.
  • murdoc1983murdoc1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For the love of god. I want this game to succeed. Please make more than 4 classes. Please!!!!
    edited November 2012
    murdoc1983 wrote: »
    For the love of god. I want this game to succeed. Please make more than 4 classes. Please!!!!
    It is unknown how many classes will be available at release. I would guess more then 4 though certainly not every class. This is a free game so keep expectations a bit down please they will likely release more after release also. For example halfling race will not be available at release according to my knowledge. It would be very wise to have at least 5 classes so a 5 people Dungeon could be run with 5 completely different classes.
    It seems that RP doesn't really have a place in modern mmo's so perhaps being a real life sleezy loot ninja will get you a DM approved bounty if you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enough people off, or maybe contract killings assuming parties are on a roll/pass rule. I don't really see a whole lot of options to be a bad guy.
    There is no support for player driven servers or a DM client. Forget about that. The only way they can restrict it through that some items can be taken with certain classes, but even that would not prevent ninja looting completely.

There is reputation in the server. For example in WOW a guild enforced a ninja looter to afterwards give an item to me me. Guild and player bases can enforce certain good behaviour. There should be available to play an Evil character though and I do not like the idea of ninja looting.

I absolutely love horror movies and I hope this game gets lots of horror theme.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello Again All,

This last post makes me think about " Community Content "

How is that going to work for items one finds in " C.C. " or in the " O.C. " I just had an ugly thought " Exploite "

I could create my own quest put awesome gear in it, and have it for the O.C. after-wards will this be at all possible or are items tagged somehow, to show an C.C. item found and/or O.C. item found?

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
    edited November 2012
    Hello Again All,

This last post makes me think about " Community Content "

How is that going to work for items one finds in " C.C. " or in the " O.C. " I just had an ugly thought " Exploite "

I could create my own quest put awesome gear in it, and have it for the O.C. after-wards will this be at all possible or are items tagged somehow, to show an C.C. item found and/or O.C. item found?

Cheers!
    As stated any times over and over, you can not modify the stats on monsters or items in user generated content. Even that content will not exist outside quests and will unuseable out of the quest.
    And what is OC? official content? How is that even relevant here?
  • shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited November 2012
    One thing I would like to see go bye bye are stupid looking weapons the size of flag poles and emo haircuts that you had to choose from in nwn 1&2. And the dwarf beards were a disgrace. I just want a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> looking character I don't think that's too much to ask.....and no skinny jeans either.
    edited November 2012
    ...and emo haircuts that you had to ...and no skinny jeans ...

Sorry, that is the standard uniform for drow and shadovar. So they have to be in all games.
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One thing I would like to see go bye bye are stupid looking weapons the size of flag poles and emo haircuts that you had to choose from in nwn 1&2. And the dwarf beards were a disgrace. I just want a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> looking character I don't think that's too much to ask.....and no skinny jeans either.

Ummm,.. look at my sig pic, I would'nt call that an "emo" hair cut.
    But i also hope that PWE will let Cryptic make and use more "Western" style artwork instead of what they use for PW and FW and their many other games. And from what i have seen from screen shots and vids, it all looks passable so far.
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, that is the standard uniform for drow and shadovar. So they have to be in all games.

You forgot all vampires must now sparkle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Yeah that should be supported also. Sexy females and yeah some eyecandy for females also.
    Well I like the idea of attractive Vampires. For example TV series The Vampire Diaries has very attractive vampires. Handsome males and beautiful females.

While personally I think Werewolves look more scary, Vampires can also look pretty nasty in theory:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUUZe9yy-8
    At the 57th second in the above videolink you can see a blonde female Vampire. Actually I believe I have seen her in the movie Vampires(1998):
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120877/

Yeah either very attractive or both attractive and slightly scary Vampires please.
    edited November 2012

*In driftwood tavern camera pans to old man sitting in corner*
    I was there. I was there when were-bats had a threesome great war over vampire title with were-leeches and were-mosquitoes.
    All three sucked blood. Were-bats swooped down the skies and ate all were-mosquitoes.

Were leeches were scared and remained in the twilight so were-bats couldn't attack them. In the end, were-bats were defeated because the skin of leeches sparkled and the light fell on were-bats.

Hence were-leeches won, the title of vampire. And ever since vampires are sparkly substances that stick to you suck your life dry like a parasite slowly.

I was there then, ...

EDIT: p.s. For people wondering what would have happened if were-mosquitoes were to win, the vampires would have all been females who would have wanted blood of humans for laying eggs - while being noisy. Male vampires would have ben smaller who would drink flower juices instead(basically drow like society with males being fey). I would still say it would have been better than were-leeches winning that name.
    edited November 2012
    *In driftwood tavern camera pans to old man sitting in corner*
    I was there. I was there when were-bats had a threesome great war over vampire title with were-leeches and were-mosquitoes.
    All three sucked blood. Were-bats swooped down the skies and ate all were-mosquitoes.

Were leeches were scared and remained in the twilight so were-bats couldn't attack them. In the end, were-bats were defeated because the skin of leeches sparkled and the light fell on were-bats.

Hence were-leeches won, the title of vampire. And ever since vampires are sparkly substances that stick to you suck your life dry like a parasite slowly.

I was there then, ...

EDIT: p.s. For people wondering what would have happened if were-mosquitoes were to win, the vampires would have all been females who would have wanted blood of humans for laying eggs - while being noisy. Male vampires would have ben smaller who would drink flower juices instead(basically drow like society with males being fey). I would still say it would have been better than were-leeches winning that name.

I'm not sure which of us needs therapy more right now: you for writing this or me for reading this! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012

Hey for your information I finished watching Lost Girl(the Succubus TV series) season 2. Here is my verdict about Lost Girl. Oddly first season had like 13 episodes and season 2 had over 20 episodes.

Anyway I rate season 1 and first half of season 2 of Lost Girl(Succubus) as 7/10 as good entertainment! The latter part of season 2 was better when it slowly becomes more serious and you understand that it is uncertain which characters if any may survive the coming storm of danger and thus I rate season 2 to even 8/10 very good!I still prefer True Blood the vampire tv series and it has full nudity for adults while Lost Girl nude scenes could be rated for Teens.

That said I warmly recommend to see episode 7 of season 2 of Lost Girl(Succubus Tv series) which has good music and some females witch look sparkly:).
    True Blood first 2 seasons I rate as 7/10, but season 3, 4 and 5 I rate a 9/10 classic entertainment. Yeah horror and nudity for Neverwinter please:cool:!
This discussion has been closed.