test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want HORROR adventures both created by Cryptic and players through the FOUNDRY. I want also as much "nude" content that the age rating allows bikinis or whatever for succubus.

As an inspiration I recommend movies Ginger Snaps(2000), The Descent(2005) and Aliens(1986). In addition to them I recommend 3 TV series for those who want horror theme: The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and Lost Girl.

My reviews:

Well now I have seen whole first season of Lost Girl. I have also seen almost seen 3 first seasons of The Vampire Diaries and all 5 seasons of True Blood. All of these series get more seasons.

The Vampire Diaries:
    The Vampire Diaries. Absolutely best seasons 1 and 2, with 9/10 score! Ok/good actors if you can get past the unrealistic all good beautiful/handsome. My favorite character is Damon Salvatore the not so good vampire and the main female actor is very beautiful.

Unfortunately the more I see of Vampire Diaries in season 3 it becomes less good. It seems they roll with same thing and it gets repetitive and the series lacks new ideas. The Vampire Diaries was 9/10 in season 1 and 2, but it gets less good in season 3.

Most human characters in The Vampire Diaries are economically upper middle class and at least one family are clearly millionaries.

True Blood:
    Good season 1, 7/10. Lots of ugly and annoying characters. It gets better though if you can watch past first 2 seasons. The ugly people either die(in the series) or move away. Particular annoying was one mom that had alcohol and mental issues and her daughter is really not my favorite either. Really messed up family.

The main actress is beautiful and I guess her brother is handsome for females. My favorite actor is the Swedish star actor Alexander Skarsgard one of the Vampires in the series. I am not saying all are ugly on the contrary it gets better in later seasons. The series has more of less nudity and lots of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> scenes. My verdict: first two seasons: 7-7.5/10 good/very good. From third season forward it is 9/10 as classic entertainment to me.

True Blood population are mostly lower middle class in wealth workers but not highly educated. Later seasons has also bikers slightly. The vampires though usually are wealthy and yeah there is one fairly wealthy innkeeper.

Lost Girl(Succubus note have seen only season 1)
    + Main character Bo the Succbus is very attractive. I personally find Bo more atractive then the main character Sulky in True Blood... though in True Blood more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>/nudity is shown. I cannot judge who is more attractive Vampire Diaries main actress or Bo. Vampires Diaries actress looks younger, but Bo is the perfect strong woman(25+) in my eyes.
    + Well I liked Dyson the main male character I would guess... it is a bit confusing though
    and there are lots of actors and the only clear thing is that Bo(Succubus) is the main character.
    + It is entertaining and interesting.
    + I liked the mysterious innkeeper. The female doctor was also ok and fairly interesting.
    Neutral:
    Kenzie character I neither like or dislike her. The good female friend to Bo but she is not legally
    speaking perfect in morals and she is a thief.
    - I don't like all actors.
    - I think the stories are a little to much cliche.
    - For having Succubus theme it seems way to good series. Don't expect to see nasty Demons or such stuff. Though I liked one villain in particular... that villain was called Vex and he is certainly very dangerous and a little bit sadistic.

My vote: 7.5/10 good/very good entertainment.

I am certainly interested to see more of all these series. Remember my rating are 1-10 so 7 is already good and I really do not give 10 rating easily! As a spoiler... the very ending of True Blood season 5 had a 10/10 rating to me, but the whole season 5 was roughly 9/10.

Since Vampire Diaries series interest is going slighly down I would say the Succubus series earns my current second place. True Blood has currently my highest interest and I would like nothing more then "sink my teeth" into season 6 of True Blood.

NOTE! True blood seasons have like 12 episodes/season while Vampire Diaries and Lost Girl have 22 episodes. Which series is best is of course subjective taste.

Please note that True Blood in particular has lot of different creatures. If you think True Blood is only about humans and vampires you are mistaken. Please remember that some humans can also be dangerous and evil.
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    If this becomes Counter Stirke "pictures" on every wall, I'll kill someone.
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    If this becomes Counter Stirke "pictures" on every wall, I'll kill someone.

I am sure many forum members including developers do not understand what do you mean? Do you mean old graphics or what???

I did try Counter Strike and Halflife briefly, but neither of them was my cup of tea. Personally I liked much more Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal Tournament 2004.

The newest Unreal game(UT 2004 was the last good IMO) was bad with annoying dynamic music(music changes depending on what happens) which basically made the music bad except maybe in the main menu.

If you are worried that the game will only be cave exploring with bad wall textures then you do not need to be worried. There will be plenty of outdoor adventures also and graphics will maybe not be top of the art, but still excellent if you consider this is a free game. Usually free games have SH*T graphics, but I think Neverwinter graphics seem generally good enough.

However there will be plenty of cave exploring. In time people create much more adventures. Maybe in future it is possible to become max level doing content that is not in caves. That said traditionally the best loot is taken from Dungeons or Raids. At this point we do not know if this game will have raids. Only Dungeons have been confirmed.
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like to see a wide selection of tiles for creating dungeons. In another fairly popular D&D mmo, the dungeons are done very well. I play that game regularly myself. But what I notice is that almost every dungeon I enter, it looks just like the one before it. Sure it is layed out differently, and maybe the monsters are different, but probably not. But what is highly visible is the lack of creativity when it comes to walls and flooring. Did everybody in all the realm hire the same fellow to build each dungeon? Cuz they all look the same!

Caverns are caverns, there is only so much you can do to spruce up a place when you are just digging caves/mines. So it's understandable to an extent that most all caves or mines will have a similar look. But dungeons? There should be narrow & wide, cavernous and low ceilings. Large block and small block walls, stone archways and wood/timbers (in places).

I think there needs to be a bit of a personal feel to a dungeon. And hey, maybe that other mmo could be doing it too but chooses not to. I just hope Neverwinter Online will be filled with dungeons that all feel & look different from one another, not just laid out differently.
    edited November 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I want HORROR adventures both created by Cryptic and players through the FOUNDRY. I want also as much "nude" content that the age rating allows bikinis or whatever for succubus.

As an inspiration I recommend movies Ginger Snaps(2000), The Descent(2005) and Aliens(1986). In addition to them I recommend 3 TV series for those who want horror theme: The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and Lost Girl.

My reviews:

Well now I have seen whole first season of Lost Girl. I have also seen almost seen 3 first seasons of The Vampire Diaries and all 5 seasons of True Blood. All of these series get more seasons.

The Vampire Diaries:
    The Vampire Diaries. Absolutely best seasons 1 and 2, with 9/10 score! Ok/good actors if you can get past the unrealistic all good beautiful/handsome. My favorite character is Damon Salvatore the not so good vampire and the main female actor is very beautiful.

Unfortunately the more I see of Vampire Diaries in season 3 it becomes less good. It seems they roll with same thing and it gets repetitive and the series lacks new ideas. The Vampire Diaries was 9/10 in season 1 and 2, but it gets less good in season 3.

Most human characters in The Vampire Diaries are economically upper middle class and at least one family are clearly millionaries.

True Blood:
    Good season 1, 7/10. Lots of ugly and annoying characters. It gets better though if you can watch past first 2 seasons. The ugly people either die(in the series) or move away. Particular annoying was one mom that had alcohol and mental issues and her daughter is really not my favorite either. Really messed up family.

The main actress is beautiful and I guess her brother is handsome for females. My favorite actor is the Swedish star actor Alexander Skarsgard one of the Vampires in the series. I am not saying all are ugly on the contrary it gets better in later seasons. The series has more of less nudity and lots of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> scenes. My verdict: first two seasons: 7-7.5/10 good/very good. From third season forward it is 9/10 as classic entertainment to me.

True Blood population are mostly lower middle class in wealth workers but not highly educated. Later seasons has also bikers slightly. The vampires though usually are wealthy and yeah there is one fairly wealthy innkeeper.

Lost Girl(Succubus note have seen only season 1)
    + Main character Bo the Succbus is very attractive. I personally find Bo more atractive then the main character Sulky in True Blood... though in True Blood more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>/nudity is shown. I cannot judge who is more attractive Vampire Diaries main actress or Bo. Vampires Diaries actress looks younger, but Bo is the perfect strong woman(25+) in my eyes.
    + Well I liked Dyson the main male character I would guess... it is a bit confusing though
    and there are lots of actors and the only clear thing is that Bo(Succubus) is the main character.
    + It is entertaining and interesting.
    + I liked the mysterious innkeeper. The female doctor was also ok and fairly interesting.
    Neutral:
    Kenzie character I neither like or dislike her. The good female friend to Bo but she is not legally
    speaking perfect in morals and she is a thief.
    - I don't like all actors.
    - I think the stories are a little to much cliche.
    - For having Succubus theme it seems way to good series. Don't expect to see nasty Demons or such stuff. Though I liked one villain in particular... that villain was called Vex and he is certainly very dangerous and a little bit sadistic.

My vote: 7.5/10 good/very good entertainment.

I am certainly interested to see more of all these series. Remember my rating are 1-10 so 7 is already good and I really do not give 10 rating easily! As a spoiler... the very ending of True Blood season 5 had a 10/10 rating to me, but the whole season 5 was roughly 9/10.

Since Vampire Diaries series interest is going slighly down I would say the Succubus series earns my current second place. True Blood has currently my highest interest and I would like nothing more then "sink my teeth" into season 6 of True Blood.

NOTE! True blood seasons have like 12 episodes/season while Vampire Diaries and Lost Girl have 22 episodes. Which series is best is of course subjective taste.

Please note that True Blood in particular has lot of different creatures. If you think True Blood is only about humans and vampires you are mistaken. Please remember that some humans can also be dangerous and evil.

The above with nudity(as much age ratings allow)+
    That said story alone can not be endgame for me. A powerplateau should not be fast reached though game does not need to be so ultra hardcore as WOW.

As for PvP I hope and dream there would be also Capture The Flag game mode supported. Of all WOW battlegrounds I liked Capture The Flag maps most and I also loved CTF in FPS Unreal Tournament 2004.

Please also charismatic Evil Leaders that are very dangerous. I really liked the charismatic Evil Leader that appears in third Season of True Blood TV series. True Blood did have a fun(very raw not for children!) TV newscasting scene in episode 9 of Season 3, unforgettable newscasting scene lol. "This is the true face of..."

In season 3, 4 and 5 True Blood really grows to classic good 9/10. The very ending of Season 5 was 10/10 according to my taste!
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BIG PHAT PVE and dungeons.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    The problem is Foundry actions are linear. Meaning to get to another objective, you have to finish the previous one. So if you want to "talk your way out of something," if can be logged as a success, and so can a combat branch. But you don't have "alternate path options" where you can "skip a combat if diplomatic and get that xp." If I set up a talk "maze" that has a lot of "failure" branches, you'll be able to repeat it until you hit a "success" branch. but the next event happens in the story. If that previous event is dialog and puzzle only, you get no XP. If you're in the middle of a combat event, you can't continue until all combat monsters are killed. Technically, you can have unassigned mobs in the map and if you kill all assigned mobsters, you can go to the next event, but that means spawning and going to the NPC or item in the map while still avoiding the mobs on said map. So if you're looking for "parlay while you speak" the monsters won't do it, plus those who don't want to MUST talk to advance the quest, if you "chose to continue fighting."

And if you add them to the combat step (attached to the objective not free running) then you have to kill it before it progresses once again.

And all my actors are 18 or over if there is any question on "mature content." Their deaths are completely...ummm, special effects...yeah, that's it.

And Lost girl is a nice series. Worth a look on Demand, online or at the syfy.com site since they just finished season Two and are picked up for season three (yay!)
    That sound like a VERY nasty flaw in Foundry quest creation. It needs to be more dynamic. So that will be something I want to see.
    edited November 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    That sound like a VERY nasty flaw in Foundry quest creation. It needs to be more dynamic. So that will be something I want to see.

Dynamic? Sounds slightly like Guild Wars 2 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PvE that was total failure with "Dynamic" Events and the last critical part was the annoying fact that you reach a powerplateau(character can not get more powerful) in less then 2 weeks in that casual game! Guild Wars 2 dynamic events right confusing mess and what is so good with no clear quest objective and a stupid feeling something should MAYBE be done even though your character can not get any more powerful?

There are little bit Events in this game outside. However I am pretty sure the Harpers or from other sources players will be clearly told what to do at least as in quest objective. I am confident Cryptic will do it better though do not expect huge Events like in Guild Wars 2, but on the other hand system requirements will be more friendlier.

Of course it does not need to be static or one line linear quest. What I would suspect is like a tree with different branches and choices at least sometimes.
    As for what I would like to see is simple:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEOHWpO6an0&feature=related

Example of horror with good story that I want to see then I recommend True Blood TV series season 3,4 and 5. If developers do not have patience to see all of it then I recommend see at least the newscast that was in Season 3 episode 9. That is evil in all its sweet glory! Listen to that newscast and I really liked the charismatic Evil leader in that series.
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol i see that everyone here has had good experience with guild wars 2... disappointment is strong in this community.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Dynamic? Sounds slightly like Guild Wars 2 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PvE that was total failure with "Dynamic" Events and the last critical part was the annoying fact that you reach a powerplateau(character can not get more powerful) in less then 2 weeks in that casual game! Guild Wars 2 dynamic events right confusing mess and what is so good with no clear quest objective and a stupid feeling something should MAYBE be done even though your character can not get any more powerful?

There are little bit Events in this game outside. However I am pretty sure the Harpers or from other sources players will be clearly told what to do at least as in quest objective. I am confident Cryptic will do it better though do not expect huge Events like in Guild Wars 2, but on the other hand system requirements will be more friendlier.

lol Who was talking about Guild Wars 2?

Don't even know how dynamic quests somehow equated to not knowing what the objective is. There should always be a clear objective. There just needs to be more ways of achieving that objective,. Ways that can even be altered by the players choices.

Also what does a powerplateau have anything to do with anything? I never played GW2. Hell never even played the first one.
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dynamic events was one of the best points of GW2. Much better than most of mmo games. Gw2 is good game but it fails at end game content. It's okay for pve but if someone want to stay for longer, game gets boring and lack of end game pvp kills it.

Even if I have created thread with pvp outside of pve world after playing gw2 i must say it didn't work out at some point. PvP & PvE must exist together if you want to create game that keep players longer than campaign quests.

Gw2 changed my view a bit and put my view of pvp to test. I failed but i've learnd my lesson. Pvp inside and outside of pve world should exist and that include PK. The problem with this game is it should be same way as previous neverwinter games, single player story + foundry but we have a mmo which have it own rules that many people on this forum hate.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    syfylis wrote: »
    Dynamic events was one of the best points of GW2. Much better than most of mmo games. Gw2 is good game but it fails at end game content. It's okay for pve but if someone want to stay for longer, game gets boring and lack of end game pvp kills it.

Even if I have created thread with pvp outside of pve world after playing gw2 i must say it didn't work out at some point. PvP & PvE must exist together if you want to create game that keep players longer than campaign quests.

Gw2 changed my view a bit and put my view of pvp to test. I failed but i've learnd my lesson. Pvp inside and outside of pve world should exist and that include PK. The problem with this game is it should be same way as previous neverwinter games, single player story + foundry but we have a mmo which have it own rules that man people on this forum hate.

The problem is your " pve and pvp must exist together theory" is simply false. DDO has no pvp to speak of and it's hardly a failure and has long term players.

Thing is these are "games" and as you play over the years things will get old and boring doesn't matter if it has pvp or pve or both. Some will quit, some will take breaks and come back after getting bored with another game etc etc.

I mean take a look at how some games have pvp and pve only servers, many of them have higher pops in the pve servers.

Tbh GW2 fails at end game because there is no goal at end game but then it's not really a fail as that is what they wanted, A casual game for casual players that can get bored, quit for x amount of time and come back at some later date for an xpack they will have to pay for.

Think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    The problem is your " pve and pvp must exist together theory" is simply false. DDO has no pvp to speak of and it's hardly a failure and has long term players.

Thing is these are "games" and as you play over the years things will get old and boring doesn't matter if it has pvp or pve or both. Some will quit, some will take breaks and come back after getting bored with another game etc etc.

I mean take a look at how some games have pvp and pve only servers, many of them have higher pops in the pve servers.

As for PvP I hope and dream there would be also Capture The Flag game mode supported. Of all WOW battlegrounds I liked Capture The Flag maps most and I also loved CTF in FPS Unreal Tournament 2004.

Please also charismatic Evil Leaders that are very dangerous. I really liked the charismatic Evil Leader that appears in third Season of True Blood TV series. True Blood did have a fun(very raw not for children!) TV newscasting scene in episode 9 of Season 3, unforgettable newscasting scene lol. "This is the true face of..."

I'm betting they will handle PvP like they do in Star Trek Online. Queues, sides and possibly multiple objective quests like defending a "side" in capture the flag being possible.

As for the request to have a charismatic evil villain, I promise to have them in my foundry campaign, but not like you'd stereotypically expect (well, maybe once but chapter 3 is a secret!)

Of course it does not need to be static or one line linear quest. What I would suspect is like a tree with different branches and choices at least sometimes.
    As for what I would like to see is simple:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEOHWpO6an0&feature=related

Example of horror with good story that I want to see then I recommend True Blood TV series season 3,4 and 5. If developers do not have patience to see all of it then I recommend see at least the newscast that was in Season 3 episode 9. That is evil in all its sweet glory! Listen to that newscast and I really liked the charismatic Evil leader in that series.

Did somebody mention Events?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Do you think that DDO would have so many people playing if it didn't have name ddo ?

Our difference may come from the people we play with. I had my own guild with 100+ and i did play other guild 200+. Both of them was teamspeak guilds with same players moving from game to game not just anyone invited with no reason and these people have own views based on i do my ideas.

Most of them didn't play dnd games since it was not that popular in europe and they aim for game where they can compete with other guild in pvp, territory wars etc.

33kel5d.jpg

edited November 2012
    I'm betting they will handle PvP like they do in Star Trek Online. Queues, sides and possibly multiple objective quests like defending a "side" in capture the flag being possible.

*snip*

Aye is what I think too but I think Syfylis is talking more about open world pvp where you can run around and randomly pk people that are questing, killing mobs etc.

Do you think that DDO would have so many people playing if it didn't have name ddo ?

Sure DDO has a good following because it is based on DnD no doubt about it and that only supports my point

Our difference may come from the people we play with. I had my own guild with 100+ and i did play other guild 200+. Both of them was teamspeak guilds with same players moving from game to game not just anyone invited with no reason and these people have own views based on i do my ideas.

I have no doubt the people you were in a guild with were of like mind as you, a pvp type game doesn't really target pve player does it and so will attract pvp type players, the same is true for pve type games.

You were speaking of longevity but here say you whole guild moved from game to game, I will presume you didn't play the same pvp game for 5 years +, doesn't that kind of defeat your idea and prove my point ?

Most of them didn't play dnd games since it was not that popular in europe and they aim for game where they can compete with other guild in pvp, territory wars etc.

Again you are speaking of a game play preference which is competitive VS pvp type gameplay where as I believe DnD targets a more cooperative gameplay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Aye is what I think too but I think Syfylis is talking more about open world pvp where you can run around and randomly pk people that are questing killing mobs etc.

Yes but that is real game, that make gaming experience real. I'm gamer that playd mainly fps games and when i say fps i mean quake,counter-strike and unreal turnament not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like new "call of duty" series or medal of honour so i have my view on each type of games and for mmo I don't expect any great story from dnd world because there is none. I'm someone that "READ BOOKS FOR FUN" and dnd stories are to be honest cheap and good for 8 years old boys even R A Salvatore says in one his interview that this is not great literature (well at least he's honest about it).

Only thing I want from nvn is creating world that bring back memories from games like "Planescape Torment" or "Baldurs Gate".
    If this game would be single player or co-op then i would say yes you are right but not in case of mmo. I said it many times before that nvn should never become mmo game but we have to play with what we have...

33kel5d.jpg

edited November 2012
    Yes but that is real game, that make gaming experience real. I'm gamer that playd mainly fps games and when i say fps i mean quake,counter-strike and unreal turnament not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like new "call of duty" series or medal of honour. I don't expect any great story from dnd world because there is none. I'm someone that "READ BOOKS FOR FUN" and dnd stories are to be honest cheap and good for 8 years old boys even R A Salvatore says in one his interview that this is not great literature (well atleast he's honest about it).

Only thing I want from nvn is creating world that bring back memories from games like "Planescape Torment" or "Baldurs Gate".
    If this game would be single player or co-op then i would say yes you are right but not in case of mmo. I said it many times before that nvn should never become mmo game but we have to play with what we have...

Again you are saying your preference is fps games, mine isn't I don't really care about such games and get bored quick with them that doesn't make my preference or yours "a real game", it is just different. Different strokes for different folks and all.

DnD is all about story, now will that translate well in this game I dunno but I know most foundry authors will be very insulted if you tell them their stories suck and is for 8 year olds lol. There's some very good stories in the DnD world, now some authors are of various skills just like any other authors from any other genre.

Again you keep saying MMO are only good if they are "fps pvp vs types" which isn't true, it's just your opinion because that happens to be the genre you like.

Now maybe for you for a mmo to be good and real it has to have open world pvp and that's ok but it's not true for everyone. I myself prefer no open world pvp so I can grind in peace without hassle or without being griefed etc.

That doesn't mean occasionally I don't enjoy pvp but then I want to be able to enter an instanced area for that.

If I was after true open world pvp I would go play some nice sandbox game with full on pvp with perma death and full looting like Mortal Online or Darkfall revamp coming soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Well what's the story ?

Evi jump out of hole, orcs atacked village with a help of dragon you take heroes on journey to kill it.

And about world where no one can atack you is same real as world where all people walk with condoms on and taking children from a cabbage. Mmo is simulation of a world with different laws of nature and everything that limits your actions make game worse.

33kel5d.jpg

edited November 2012
    Well what's the story ?

Evi jump out of hole, orcs atacked village with a help of dragon you take heroes on jurney to kill it.

And about world where no one can atack you is same real as world where all people walk with condoms on and taking children from a cabbage. Mmo is simulation of a world with different laws of nature and everything that limits your actions make game worse.

Start by reading this which sets the stage. Now as to the main storyline cryptic has for us I dunno what it is as I haven't played it yet, we only know that we will be helping Lord Neverember retake/ or rebuild Neverwinter or some such.

What is really good is that players will be able to make their own stories for others to enjoy via the foundry. Now some stories might be good some not so good but we have a good group of people that know the lore pretty darn well some I am guessing we shall see some really good ones.

It's something that's good about FR is that the lore grows and expands with each new FR book that is published.

To counter, what's so great about pvp? My guild and I are killing some big bad boss baddy and some zerg pvp guild comes in from behind and kills us for giggles. I don't see any great story there either?

A mmo is what it is designed to be, they have stopped trying to be a simulation of the real world a long time ago. There a few like Second Life that try to do what you are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well what's the story ?

Evi jump out of hole, orcs atacked village with a help of dragon you take heroes on journey to kill it.

Start by reading this which sets the stage. Now as to the main storyline cryptic has for us I dunno what it is as I haven't played it yet, we only know that we will be helping Lord Neverember retake/ or rebuild Neverwinter or some such.

What is really good is that players will be able to make their own stories for others to enjoy via the foundry. Now some stories might be good some not so good but we have a good group of people that know the lore pretty darn well some I am guessing we shall see some really good ones.

It's something that's good about FR is that the lore grows and expands with each new FR book that is published.

To counter, what's so great about pvp? My guild and I are killing some big bad boss baddy and some zerg pvp guild comes in from behind and kills us for giggles. I don't see any great story there either?

A mmo is what it is designed to be, they have stopped trying to be a simulation of the real world a long time ago. There a few like Second Life that try to do what you are talking about.

Speaking as a Future Foundry Author, I'd be insulted if any of you said my story was going to be hashed out this way. While I'm going to be limited by the Engine's abilities as much as any other Author, I plan to have a running theme amid multiple "chapters" or quests in my overall story campaign. No nerd to pop up again River Song, that's all I'll say, no Spoilers here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Speaking as a Future Foundry Author, I'd be insulted if any of you said my story was going to be hashed out this way. While I'm going to be limited by the Engine's abilities as much as any other Author, I plan to have a running theme amid multiple "chapters" or quests in my overall story campaign. No nerd to pop up again River Song, that's all I'll say, no Spoilers here!
    Same... or something like that :p
  • lorddevilkunlorddevilkun Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2012
    Easy to use, highly customizable foundry is all I ask for- if I can jump in and find the tools as easy to use as playing the game itself, that'll probably keep me entertained far longer than anything else.
    edited November 2012
    As for the request to have a charismatic evil villain, I promise to have them in my foundry campaign, but not like you'd stereotypically expect (well, maybe once but chapter 3 is a secret!)
    Did somebody mention Events?
    Well sorry about the very small spoiler about True Blood TV Series, but I certainly did not tell how the series end and that was only a small portion of the episode 9 of season 3. The seasons have 12 episodes so neither was it even the season 3 ending. There has been 5 seasons of True Blood series released and they still continue with more seasons.

I like your vision about PvP. Yeah Capture the Flag would be a favorite gaming mode of PvP and a dream come true to me. I can confirm one thing about PvP with 100 % certainity. There will be no support for full Open World PvP servers with no limits! All servers have same rules that was confirmed in a separate PvP thread. That is the only thing we know about PvP.

Guild Wars 2 did not support Capture The Flag gaming mode at all and I am slightly worried that this game might not support CTF.

Events are more or less included in Neverwinter source:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=690871
    Anyway they will be more small scale then Guild Wars 2 and you will be directed by Harper Agents or other sources what to do. I hated in GW2 when some Events you were confused what to do and generally there was no reward that made you maxed character more powerful.
    vangald wrote: »
    lol Who was talking about Guild Wars 2?

Don't even know how dynamic quests somehow equated to not knowing what the objective is. There should always be a clear objective. There just needs to be more ways of achieving that objective,. Ways that can even be altered by the players choices.

Also what does a powerplateau have anything to do with anything? I never played GW2. Hell never even played the first one.
    Well for your information Guild Wars 2 did have Dynamic Events and even my casual brother dislikes Guild Wars 2. Powerplateau has a LOT to do with good PvE!

Lets forget WOW everlasting loot mill for a moment. Even NeverwinterNights 1 and 2 you did have to explore like 90% of the world before you maxed your character. In GW2 you max your character long time before you have even had chance to explore even a big portion of the world. In every game I have become bored on PvE with that character that I have maxed.
    Tbh GW2 fails at end game because there is no goal at end game but then it's not really a fail as that is what they wanted, A casual game for casual players that can get bored, quit for x amount of time and come back at some later date for an xpack they will have to pay for.
    Correct. However I have agreed with my casual brother to bury the thought of casual game Guild Wars 2 and to not buy any expansions.
    Yeah I am sure you and other authors can create great adventures. Good luck and thumbs up for your created adventures.
  • uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited November 2012
    Hi not sure if i got the right thread here but i happen along this upcoming mmo call elder scroll online i believe everyone knows this series esp skyrim version
    what i want to point out is that how much customization this game have as characters can carry whatever weapon they want, n e.g i can be a mage wielding 2 handed weapons
    comparing this to neverwinter makes it seems so much more restricted
    i hope to see more options open to players
    edited November 2012
    I know it will never happen in a F2P MMO, but Voice Chat, Voice Chat and Voice Chat. Text communication slows down the game and makes it less fun for me. Its one of the few things DDO got right IMHO.
    For your information there are plenty of free voice communication softwares that people use. Both Teamspeak 3(or newer have not checked) and Ventrilo are good free to use softwares for personal users at least.

In WOW guild people rarely use Voice Chat when needed! Example very hard Dungeon run or Raid. It is also good that you can create sub channels so you don't need to listen to a big Guild chat. My mother tongue is not English and after listening to a big UK guild chat I can say that big chat groups can be very annoying! I only used voice chat in WOW when it was really needed.

As for using resources to create voice communication is really a waste since Team Speak 3 and Ventrilo exist.
    edited November 2012
    Ventrillo and teamspeak are great if you regularly party with the same group, but everyone has to be on the same server. The DDO model does Party Chat. When you have 6 people in a party who all dont know each other, who is going to be the one to give out thier vent server password? I like in game voice chat because I can meet new people and not have to change my vent server passowrd when I run into an a-hole.

I like ddo voice chat too, it eliminates the need to mess around with another program just to talk to teammates and your sure everyhas has it "installed" all they need it a working mic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    uniquevil wrote: »
    Hi not sure if i got the right thread here but i happen along this upcoming mmo call elder scroll online i believe everyone knows this series esp skyrim version
    what i want to point out is that how much customization this game have as characters can carry whatever weapon they want, n e.g i can be a mage wielding 2 handed weapons
    comparing this to neverwinter makes it seems so much more restricted
    i hope to see more options open to players

This is D&D, the idea of your class is that you can't do everything and sometimes there are restrictions. Even when there aren't, you aren't a master of every weapon that you pick up. And as to ESO, they don't have any set classes. So comparing the two is almost ridiculous.
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    This is D&D, the idea of your class is that you can't do everything and sometimes there are restrictions. Even when there aren't, you aren't a master of every weapon that you pick up. And as to ESO, they don't have any set classes. So comparing the two is almost ridiculous.

I think what he saying is he like the idea of taking a character and playing it the way you want and you get better at what you do as you become more proficient at it.

I don't see this as ridiculous, people like to have options for builds etc and basically it's looking limited as of now so that could make peeps say meh and go play ESO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Something else I'd like to see, in addition to my other wishes, is a system like SWtoR's Legacy system. Something better though. Basically in SWtoR, it is a system that you're able to link all your characters together through "ally," "rival," "spouse," "child," "adopted child," and "sibling." You can then set to have them share a surname or a "Legacy Title." Then, as you play any character, you earn Legacy XP which levels up your Legacy and as you gain more levels, you unlock account-wide perks and bonuses that apply to all your characters or even unlock new races.

I think WotC and Cryptic could come up with a really intuitive and in-depth system like this that would relate more to multiple characters, multiple families, and such that compliments a D&D feel. Especially with Drow and Elves who have "Houses" and "Clans."
    edited November 2012
    I would like to see corruption.

33kel5d.jpg

This discussion has been closed.