test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• lightmaster83lightmaster83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited November 2012
    I really wish to see the same characterization variety of D&D about characters and places!!! And i hope to play paladin :)
    Araldi_Derna_Lightmaster.jpg
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not sure which of us needs therapy more right now: you for writing this or me for reading this! :p
    As the saying goes, "it is still a better story than twil..."
    *A brick hits him in the head for saying oft repeated quote*
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    As the saying goes, "it is still a better story than twil..."
    *A brick hits him in the head for saying oft repeated quote*

*Whistles innocently as he leaves the brickyard.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathfang2333deathfang2333 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, here is my opinion: First no pay to play races/classes,I hated that in ddo.A Ranger class would be good with sub-classes like Archer and Dual Wielder (Yes, I'm talking about a Drizzt Do'Urden themed character.) Races are good but I wouldn't mind an Aasimar or Yuan-Ti race. A warlock like Wizard sub-class. Versatile deitiesor(Bane,Kelemvor,Sune,Lolth,Loviatar,Mielikki,Chauntea etc). And of course, a fixed release date ;) , or at least an Open Beta. Well that's it.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm, Yuan-ti, haven't played that in a while...could be fun!

And I'm sure they are working on ranger and warlock along with the other core classes, the question is when....

And let's work on a fixed closed beta before we know when open beta is first :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, here is my opinion: First no pay to play races/classes,I hated that in ddo.A Ranger class would be good with sub-classes like Archer and Dual Wielder (Yes, I'm talking about a Drizzt Do'Urden themed character.) Races are good but I wouldn't mind an Aasimar or Yuan-Ti race. A warlock like Wizard sub-class. Versatile deitiesor(Bane,Kelemvor,Sune,Lolth,Loviatar,Mielikki,Chauntea etc). And of course, a fixed release date ;) , or at least an Open Beta. Well that's it.
    I can accept no pay to play/races:). Ranger yes please that and some other option then dual wielding... I would love to play a Beastmaster Hunter like in WOW. Beastmaster is a mix between Archer and very dangerous pet at the cost of less effective ranged dps. A beastmaster is not melee dual wielding fighter.

Yuan ti Race? In what game has Yuan Ti been allowed as playable race? Yuan Ti do make excellent stuff for an adventure though. Powerful shapeshifter snakepeople that are not stuff for low level adventures. Maybe some FOUNDRY creator could also create an option to be Evil and actually help the Yuan Ti in an adventure.

We got Werewolves and I absolutely support the idea to add more shapeshifters into the game. Well I have nothing against making Yuan Ti as playable race, but then I would wish also that Werewolves could be playable race. That would be interesting you can get lycantrophy, but if you wish so you can cure it(within a time limit example one month).
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Yuan ti Race? In what game has Yuan Ti been allowed as playable race? Yuan Ti do make excellent stuff for an adventure though. Powerful shapeshifter snakepeople that are not stuff for low level adventures. Maybe some FOUNDRY creator could also create an option to be Evil and actually help the Yuan Ti in an adventure.

As a DM (2ed mostly), I guess I never ruled out ANYthing from the MM as unplayable race. Back in AD&D2nd, I gave my group a taste of the Rakshasa and Neogi races (defending against the "good guys?"). So, Cryptic, when can I play my Beholder character? XD

http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00247.htm
    http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00225.htm
    edited November 2012
    I can accept no pay to play/races:). Ranger yes please that and some other option then dual wielding... I would love to play a Beastmaster Hunter like in WOW. Beastmaster is a mix between Archer and very dangerous pet at the cost of less effective ranged dps. A beastmaster is not melee dual wielding fighter.

We got Werewolves and I absolutely support the idea to add more shapeshifters into the game. Well I have nothing against making Yuan Ti as playable race, but then I would wish also that Werewolves could be playable race. That would be interesting you can get lycantrophy, but if you wish so you can cure it(within a time limit example one month).

4th edition supports both Shifter and Changling races so Yuan-Ti isn't too far fetched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    4th edition supports both Shifter and Changling races so Yuan-Ti isn't too far fetched.
    Ok this confirms I have not evolved a lot from newbie status of 4th edition knowledge:). Well thanks for the information.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012

But changling is Eberron right? Though in FR we have lycans and shifters as supporting cast for normal races.
    edited November 2012
    But changling is Eberron right? Though in FR we have lycans and shifters as supporting cast for normal races.

Yes, it came originally from Eberron.

Changeling

Anyone, anywhere, hidden in plain sight
    RACIAL TRAITS
    Average Height: 5'7" - 6'0"
    Average Weight: 120 - 160

Ability scores: +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity or +2 Intelligence
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares.
    Vision: Normal

Languages: Common
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Insight.
    Change Shape: You have the changeling disguise power.
    Changeling Trick: You have the changeling trick power.
    Mental Defense: You have a +1 racial bonus to Will.
    Shapechanger: You have the shapechanger subtype; you can alter your appearance. As such, you are subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.
    Changeling Racial PowerChangeling Disguise

You alter your form to look like another person.
    At-Will Polymorph
    Minor Action Personal

Effect: You alter your physical form to take on the appearance of any Medium humanoid. You retain your statistics in your new form, and your clothing, armor, and possessions do not change. The new form lasts until you change form again.
    Any creature that attempts to see through your ruse makes an Insight check opposed by your Bluff check, and you gain a +5 bonus to your check.

Changeling Racial PowerChangeling Trick

Your feint tricks a foe into giving you an advantage.
    Encounter
    Minor Action Melee 1
    Target: One creature
    Effect: You make a Bluff check opposed by the target
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012

Yes, it came originally from Eberron.

Changeling

Anyone, anywhere, hidden in plain sight
    RACIAL TRAITS
    Average Height: 5'7" - 6'0"
    Average Weight: 120 - 160

Ability scores: +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity or +2 Intelligence
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares.
    Vision: Normal

Languages: Common
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Insight.
    Change Shape: You have the changeling disguise power.
    Changeling Trick: You have the changeling trick power.
    Mental Defense: You have a +1 racial bonus to Will.
    Shapechanger: You have the shapechanger subtype; you can alter your appearance. As such, you are subject to effects and conditions that affect shapechangers.
    Changeling Racial PowerChangeling Disguise

You alter your form to look like another person.
    At-Will Polymorph
    Minor Action Personal

Effect: You alter your physical form to take on the appearance of any Medium humanoid. You retain your statistics in your new form, and your clothing, armor, and possessions do not change. The new form lasts until you change form again.
    Any creature that attempts to see through your ruse makes an Insight check opposed by your Bluff check, and you gain a +5 bonus to your check.

Changeling Racial PowerChangeling Trick

Your feint tricks a foe into giving you an advantage.
    Encounter
    Minor Action Melee 1
    Target: One creature
    Effect: You make a Bluff check opposed by the target opposed by the target opposed by the target
    opposed by the target’s passive Insight. If your check succeeds, you gain combat advantage against the target until the end of your next turn.

Changelings are shapechangers, a people able to assume the features of other humanoids. Known also as doppelgangers, changelings’ talents breed mistrust and fear, leading many changelings to hide their true nature from even their closest companions. Many changelings seek only to avoid unwanted attention and to find a place in the world.

Play a Changeling if you want...
    - to excel at deception, misdirection, and trickery.
    - to fit in wherever you go.
    - to be a member of a race that favors the bard, rogue, sorcerer, and warlock classes.

PHYSICAL QUALITIES

Changelings wear many masks, concealing their true identities behind false faces. As shape changers, changelings can appear to be members of any humanoid race, playing the part of a dwarf one day and a dragonborn the next. This propensity for disguise leads people to distrust changelings, so most keep their true nature hidden.

Although changelings can adopt any persona, most rely on a few established guises, each with a developed history and a network of friends and acquaintances. These guises provide a changeling with backup identities should one persona become compromised. A changeling who travels frequently might change identities from town to town, swapping genders, appearances, and voices to blend in within each new community.

In true form, a changeling has a startling yet vague appearance. A changeling’s skin is uniformly pale with white or light gray tones. Its oversized eyes are often sunken in dark rings, between which lies a subtle nose. Changelings are slender, bordering on frail. Their hair tends to have light coloring with hints of blue, green, and even pink; pale silver is the most common hair color, followed by platinum and blond. Aside from the hair on their heads, changelings have little or no hair.

Changelings reach maturity at about fifteen years of age, and they live about as long as humans do.

PLAYING A CHANGELING

Lacking a culture or a civilization to call their own, changelings adopt other races’ societies. They seek out communities that have values and interests that parallel their own. Changelings prefer cities because they are ideal places to blend in with others or to vanish if necessary. Cities also contain people too interested in their own affairs to notice the oddities of strangers.

Changelings are inoffensive and peaceful by nature, and they have few concerns about political and social affairs. Their mercurial nature breeds distrust and suspicion in other races. People are intent on seeing the worst in changelings; they assume the race uses its shapechanging ability for malicious ends. Some changelings do use their talents for evil, but such individuals exist in no greater numbers than among other races.

In a way, changelings are parasitic in their relationships
    with other races. Rather than constructing grand civilizations and sweeping edifices devoted to their people, changelings are content to treat the works of other races as their own. Their willingness to identify with a variety of societal structures is vital to maintaining their false identities. For most changelings, the arts, customs, and practices they uphold are more than tools to reinforce their identities. These aspects of society and culture are a part of their beliefs and values, just as they are for other members of their adopted communities.

Changeling Characteristics: Adaptable, compelling,cunning, devious, evasive, furtive, insightful, mysterious, prudent, sly, subtle

Changeling Names: Bin, Dox, Fie, Hars, Jin, Lam, Nit, Ot, Paik, Ruz, Sim, Toox, Yog
    Published in Eberron Player's Guide, page(s) 29.

But they already have fully been integrated into FR even if you don't know it, let alone the RPGA sanctioned FR play for the last four years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • korganbloodaxekorganbloodaxe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What I would like to see is a good storyline and enough interaction and dialogue with npc's and henchmen.
    Also the ability to chose the weapons/armor of your henchmen and to customize their level up abilities.
    edited November 2012
    What I would like to see is a good storyline and enough interaction and dialogue with npc's and henchmen.
    Also the ability to chose the weapons/armor of your henchmen and to customize their level up abilities.

Can anyone confirm if henchmen are supported yes or no? Yes they existed in NWN1 and NWN2, but all I have heard is rumors no facts if they are in this Neverwinter game or not.

Good story? Well R.A Salvatore and WOTC support Cryptic, so I think it will have relatively good story though please keep in mind this is an Action MMORPG: If you except more talk then Action then maybe this game is not for you.

There is a rating system so good adventures can be rated. Best rated adventures usually do have some conversations yes, but they have very good fights(Action) also. I sure want to see lots of horror rated stories and Changeling seemed while interesting not so nasty as Werewolves or many other lycantrophes.
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. I wish to see a robust follower system where you can take your own party into a dungeon delve with you and 4 other NPCs. If not that many at least one where you can have 2 NPC followers where you can do 3 -man party adventures.

2. Interesting particle effects or unique design on some magic weapons that have meaning, not just on the average magic weapon. I want those weapons to stand out compared to regular loot.

3. i wish for the foundry to allow us to customize the look and (hopefully with some exploit restictions in place) the stats of reward loot at the end of a UGC mission.

4. I wish for post launch that they will work on expanding the persistant world map to include surround lands.

5. I wish for a good selection of classes to choose from upon launch

6. I wish I could be part of the dev team spinning ideas and making the game

7. I wish I could jump forward in time to the release of the game.

Hey this wishing thing is fun... Just wish it would come true lol.
  • sirpratorsirprator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wish could choose the paladin class, is the only thing I would add.
  • g0lddeng0ldden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For me, the most inportant its that Neverwinter will seems to D&D books, I mean, it would be great if I see all Gods withs their religions, all races, cities, skills, all important places etc...

I love D&D books so i feel i will love Neverwinter game!
    edited November 2012
    g0ldden wrote: »
    For me, the most inportant its that Neverwinter will seems to D&D books, I mean, it would be great if I see all Gods withs their religions, all races, cities, skills, all important places etc...

I love D&D books so i feel i will love Neverwinter game!
    I understand your wish and I have read many good R.A Salvatore books. However they do not currently have license to have everything and I suspect it will be limited what we see due to budget. There will not be Lloth or Underdark in the game at release unless somebody creates a Foundry adventure with that theme, but even then you could do not have access to some realistic super high God stats.

All DD levels are not available at release. However maybe they release an expansion with the rest of the DD levels.

I want horror theme and nudity(see video that is teen rated nudity that be allowed into the game even if it is not rated for mature):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6yzQlJeBkQ

and endgame like this:
    Here is my view of endgame:
    1. PvP most powerful characters are most dangerous. Hopefully Capture The Flag etc is supported and not only deathmatch. I hope we can get big Battlegrounds(instanced PvP areas, but not small Arena fights(small rooms) instead bigger areas that can have forest water etc.)
    2. Dungeons... later some harder Dungeons or Raids that can only be accessed if you have enough good loot.
    3. World Events
    outside in the World but they should be restricted that there are not to many players making them a zergfest(to many players making encounter easy) like in Guild Wars 2.
    4. Foundry providing constant new interesting PvE content.

Oh and with 2nd point I did not mean WOW everlasting loot mill. The sweet spot of balance of powerprogression is likely between WOW(never max character) and Guild Wars 2 (2 weeks)... so 3-6 months maybe if you play 40 hours/week. After that we could have a bump in powerincrease of course with an expansion. After all at release all DD levels will not be available.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like to see the game period. So far the expected date of this project has been pushed back to whenever. As a stock holder in PWRD I would like something released to the public so the players can play and not just talk about playing. Every time I visit this site the game is still pre-alpha (whatever that could mean) or alpha. I want to know my investment in this was not wasted.

Thank you for your time.

Just killing time...
    edited November 2012
    blargskull wrote: »
    I would like to see the game period. So far the expected date of this project has been pushed back to whenever. As a stock holder in PWRD I would like something released to the public so the players can play and not just talk about playing. Every time I visit this site the game is still pre-alpha (whatever that could mean) or alpha. I want to know my investment in this was not wasted.

Thank you for your time.
    Patience. It is better that developers take their time and develop it well. I don't know if you are aware, but publisher Perfect World has been nice and said that game is funded and release date is postponed to 2013 at least.

Computer projects are like that. I don't work with game programming, but also my project has got more deadline. It does not mean nothing is done on the contrary lot can be done. Developers also need Christmas holiday and this year we have long Christmas holiday even if you do not take extra days. 22nd is a Saturday and 26th is still Christmas holiday.

Therefore please stop your wishes about soon release. That videos have the labeled Alpha like in E3 is ok and I am happy if Cryptic can release sometimes during the long year 2013 a good MMO Neverwinter.

Please also tone down some wishes we will not get all races/classes at release but this is a free game and we should be thankful for what we get. Graphics are ok though not super good on the other hand the game does not have huge system requirements like if you play Guild Wars 2 in Mist PvP with hundreds of players.

We should also be thankful to WOTC and famous writer R.A Salvatore who supports the project more or less. Of course we respect investers like you though personally I have invested most of my money in an apartment.
    edited November 2012
    blargskull wrote: »

Thank you for your time.

It is Alpha and early 2013 now but the rest is correct and I certainly understand your frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    The only thing I'm worried about is flexibility when it comes to building a character. I have read about the 4e rules and about how there are "paths" for each class... maybe It's just something I need to get used to. I have to keep reminding myself this is absolutely nothing like Neverwinter Nights and building characters is not the same.

But at the same time, I don't care if it is like 3.5 rules... I just want creative freedom.
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know I am very late to this party but here is my 3 coppers worth.

1. I would like the mission rewards/loot either cryptics or the foundry's to be equal some way so that everyone can play what ever they wish and not be confined to a limited set of in game missions. Grind is never good so the more choice the more people will play and be happy.

2. NO LOCK BOXES. In store account wide items are fine but gambling is not fun. Unless you win of course but as I am an unlucky soul ditch the pie in the sky chance for concrete sales please.

3. Incorporate the foundry missions that make the grade into the game world as close as you can.
    The spot light missions are a great idea but also if they could become part of the game world not a tack on.

Also a better way of describing missions so people who enjoy combat heavy or story driven or role play can better find
    the missions/author they prefer.

Cheers me dears.

I'm off into my loft to dig out some old campaigns. Oh happy days.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    Hey lordthrud have you seen the foundry videos? this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pn7iU4EwTc
    is long but a very cool watch.

One of the things you mentioned, integration of foundry missions - well, it shows it right at the beginning of the video and I gotta say it looks pretty slick.

As for Foundry rewards, in XP and loot, I don't know. I think (I haven't tried it yet) that Foundry missions in STO have a hard cap on XP and no loot rewards. To prohibit farming.
    If anyone who has played STO can lend some words here that'd be great.
    I'd rather they found a better way to prohibit farming/exploitation than reduce playability for everyone.
    edited November 2012
    We will get an end chest reward at the end of Foundry missions based on average level and actual play time, but that's all we know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I saw someone mention vanity pets in the store as a possibility somewhere... I was thinking what would be cool would be to add functionality to vanity pets that already exist in the game. The idea that came to my mind was a baby beholder that would say float a little off to the left of it's "master" lets say... now if the owner was group leader and could mark targets could the beholder say shoot out a red ray at the target?? Maybe even possibly tint the target with a slight red glow? This would not give an advantage I don't think and would be a damn cool novelty...I really think things like this would sell in a shop. I'm sure there are a ton of ways to get vanity pets to have some sort of functionality besides just following a person around without giving a true advantage to players who spend in the shop....just a thought anyway.

I'd also like to see instanced personal housing and guild housing similar to eq2 which could be furnished that was awesome....
    edited November 2012
    The only thing I'm worried about is flexibility when it comes to building a character. I have read about the 4e rules and about how there are "paths" for each class... maybe It's just something I need to get used to. I have to keep reminding myself this is absolutely nothing like Neverwinter Nights and building characters is not the same.

But at the same time, I don't care if it is like 3.5 rules... I just want creative freedom.

About rules there is this thread:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18731-Forgotten-realms-AD-amp-D-2-0-or-4E-(cont-)/page5
    It does not matter if it is 2nd, 3rd or 4th edition I believe still they can make a good game. Personally for me 4h editon seems more difficult to learn then 3rd edition so actually that Cryptice simplifies rules and makes it also Action combat might be a blessing to many gamers who are not used to DD 4th edition rules.

Of course I want different options for example I play Ranger then I would hope that I could create a character that reminds of Hunter in WOW with Beastmaster specialicity. It is very unsure if we can get all options for example they speak of Control Wizard and I wonder if we will see Rangers that shoot with bows and Wizards that throws fireballs?
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    "..... like a Wizard without a Fireball spell ....."

That will make a good analogy someday! ^^
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Personally for me 4h editon seems more difficult to learn then 3rd edition so actually that Cryptice simplifies rules and makes it also Action combat might be a blessing to many gamers who are not used to DD 4th edition rules.

Actually fourth edition is far simpler than third edition and that was the point of the change. Players and developers themselves found that third edition had far too many rules and regulations to enjoy the game and wanted to bring it more in line with the original roots of first edition.
    You can argue whether or not this was good or bad, better or worse and right or wrong all you want but that was the goal.

The reason it's being modified has more to do with adapting the mechanics to fit with an MMO than anything else. For instance they mentioned their difficulties with the rest system and how/if to include it in the game.
    They're not really adapting it to simplify it, they're adapting it to make it work better in this situation.
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you ranncore for the link it was a great video and very informative.

I like a lot of the features they were talking about very much.
    The doors anywhere is a nice touch along with the auto populating rooms with dressing.
    The closer linking of foundry missions alongside cryptic ones is very cool.

Thank you truthseeker all info is gratefully received and way rewards are linked to play time and level is a fair way to prevent a lot of exploits and will help foundry missions receive the audience many deserve.

I am off to work through the foundry thread now to further explore.
This discussion has been closed.