test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: Dragonslayer (M23) Rewards

cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone,

Thanks for joining us for Neverwinter's M23 Preview.

Fierce foes rarely are just for show, they are also filled to the brim with parts. Our foes this time are the ferocious dragons of Faerûn, back with brand new attacks and ferocious bellows.

Within M23, your mettle is tested by a famous hunting crew, resulting in you earning new rewards. These items are forged from the guts of your slain quarry.

Known Issues:

Dragon Hunts
  • The following queues do not drop Elemental Strands
    • Lair of the Mad Mage
    • Castle Never
    • Spellplague Caverns
    • Throne of the Dwarven Gods
    • Manycoins Bank Heist
    • Merchant Prince's Folly
    • Prophecy of Madness
  • Certain Trials do not have Elemental Strands rewards.
  • Dragon loot drops into the instance.
  • Dragon’s Ridges, Scales, and certain materials appear multiple times when Dragons are defeated.
  • The following items currently do not have the “Maximum” as stated on the tooltip. In a future iteration, these items will drop directly into your Hunts Currency in the Riches tab.
    • Dragon's Horn
    • Dragon's Claw
    • Dragon's Wing Webbing
    • Dragon's Finger Bones
    • Dragon's Hardened Plate
    • Certain Trials do not have Elemental Strands rewards.
    Tyranny of Dragons
    • Eternal Armor - Head, Body, Arms, Feet grant incorrect gear to the following classes:
      • Wizard
      • Cleric
      • Barbarian
      • Ranger
    We've enabled the purchase of the mythic gear that you've seen for quite some time now on Preview, so we would appreciate feedback/bugs on them. Fight some Dragons, revisit your favorite zones to obtain the Elemental Strands, update your builds, and let us know what ya think!

How You Can Help

Try out the Mythic gear, create some builds using the Dragon Hunter gear (show us!), and let us know if you run into any weird bugs in the replies!

We cannot promise any drastic changes, but some items could be better tuned. Let us know if you think a piece is underpowered. We'd really like to see your character shine with the teal borders.

Go out into the world and seek out Elemental Strands. Let us know if you have any problems getting them.

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
    This text will display in red.

Examples:
    Bug: Healing Preparation is giving me 2500% AP.
    Feedback: The Mighty Cuirass of the Dragon Hunter looks really cool!
    Miku V.
    Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
      Enchanting Stone rank 6 as a reward from the intro hunt????

Please no!
      Lia
      Co-Guild Leader
      Ghost Templars L20
      Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
      Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
      Alt: Warlock
    • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
      edited May 2022
      Only tanks will want both shirt and pants from new hunts. The set bonus isn't enough to beat the bonus granted by shirts in Dragonbone Vale. I'd recommend making the set bonus equal or a little better in value since both are tougher to get in comparison to something one can buy for 5 ad on auction house, maybe 2.5% Crit, 2.5% Combat Advantage and 2% Awareness.

The armor piece that grants .5% critical strike up to 6% is much less valuable than any other armors. There's literally no reason to wear it over much easier to maintain bonus of 2.5%x5 crit/crit sev armor. Here I'd recommend changing the bonus to be outgoing healing and power at once and up to 7.5%.

Another armor with Raindrop Raiment bonus (1% OH per player in your team + 1% forte to allies nearby) should be bolstered to 3x the value.

Explanation: currently the 2 most valuable pieces are the 2.5% CA/acc and CSev/CStrike armors. By no means they're badly designed, I love that we are getting a variety but it just limits variety on other builds. Bolstering other armors I presented would only give a wider choice for players.

Edit: no HTML on mobile :(
    • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
      feedback: While I love the looks and design of the new armor sets the glowing glyph in front of my face is distracting and sets off so many visual annoyances. Please consider a way to toggle that on and off if you decide to keep it without having to change the appearance of the item because as stated the look itself is nice
      > @polysatyr81 said:
      > feedback: While I love the looks and design of the new armor sets the glowing glyph in front of my face is distracting and sets off so many visual annoyances. Please consider a way to toggle that on and off if you decide to keep it without having to change the appearance of the item because as stated the look itself is nice

Actually, epic gear is the exact same look but without the glyph. If you want an appearance item without glyphs - get those.
    • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer

Enchanting Stone rank 6 as a reward from the intro hunt????

Please no!

We have this one. It won't get to live. Let us know if you see any other outdated rewards. QA is doing it's best to scour our game for them.

Keep them coming,
      - SKing
    • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
      Feedback: I feel like the rewards from the chest at the end of the chest are a bit lacking. The amount of rAD is fine and fair the amount of time spent, but the other rewards being only RP or the very common Legendary Enchanting stone just doesn't feel right. I would suggest, the Epic quality Enchanting stone instead of Legendary, and maybe include the chance of premium dungeon rewards from other queues, at least for adult and ancient.
    • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
      edited May 2022

Feedback on the Dragon Hunter gear rewards from a tank perspective :

Fighter Vanguard :

As the Fighter Vanguard has easy access to many stats, the only items worth considering are the ones that give offensive stats.

Compared to my live toon, the new Mythic gear does give a bit higher item level and offensive stats.

As I see it, the Mythic gear has nothing "mythical" about it, as it only provides a minor improvement to my toon. Forum warriors : The weapon set is slotted to point out that this setup can use any weapon set available.

Paladin Justicar :

When looking at the new gear from a Paladin perspective, there are a few items that could actually be interesting if two conditions were met :

1. Paladin healing threat generation was fixed
      2. The items were not rendered useless from their internal cooldowns

Examples :

Useless in current version :

As the Paladin is the only tank with Deflect Severity forte (for some weird reason, the two other tanks have the powers to match deflect), this item could easily be best in slot. There is only one major flaw with this item ; Internal Cooldown.

Could be extremely useful if Paladin healing threat generation was fixed :

The only issue I see with this item is that it for some reason has Accuracy on it, this could be changed to any other stat to make it useful for both healers and paladin tanks focused on threat generation from healing.

Could be extremely useful if Paladin healing threat generation was fixed :

The only issue I see with this item is that it for some reason has Accuracy on it, this could be changed to any other stat to make it best in slot paladin tanks focused on threat generation from healing. Should be part of a mythic paladin heal spec tank set.

Very nice alternative to the +10% HP/+5% power boots or the +10% critical avoidance/+5% boots for paladin tanks :

Should be part of a mythic paladin heal spec tank set.

All in all it seems the Paladin Justicar is the tank that gets the most items that can be used from this module.

Barbarian Sentinel :

As usual, the Barbarian tank gets no love. The sentinels ability to generate massive threat from self-healing would benefit greatly from items with Incoming Healing stat. In M23 there is a grand total of 1 item that does this :

All in all, the gear rewards in module 23 is extremely lacklustre for tanks. Equip bonuses could easily be used to address issues tank players are facing every day. Lack of AoE threat generation, lack of damage output, lack of self-healing, lack of party utility and even lack of a fun playstyle could all be sorted out by implementing interesting equip bonuses.

Elite Whaleboy
    • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

Rugged Sallett of the Dragon Hunter (tank)

I would suggest to remove the cooldown, which makes the items actually undesiderable.

Superior Helmet of the Dragon Hunter (tank)

we already have one of the new helmets which gives critical strike. I would suggest to give something for tanks side like for example change the bonus with Manticore’s Mane Bite, and change the stats in Critical avoidance and deflect severity instead of crit strike and accuracy

On the Rugged Sallett of the Dragon Hunter I want to push further with the note that having a condition, then a chance, then a cooldown is maddeningly contrived, even if in this specific case, the condition fulfills itself easily. If the effect is too "powerful" because the spreadsheet says so, then it does not worth implementing in. Also, it doesn't tell how long the effect last and it's already 3 lines long. My guess it's 10 sec, so it probably be the third of the effect if it was constant.

My suggestion is, either it should be a stacking up effect, like every 5 seconds in combat you get 0.5% of both to stack up to 5-10 or that should be the cap that is changed to the Manticore's bite effect.

And I'd rather be seeing the Manticore bite toned down a little across the board for balance purposes than having to use a chultan helmet because by how HP and thus the effect scales in the game. I'm not advocating to nerf it, I don't really feel like it's warranted, but I can see reasonable people differ on that point.

In this comment I will show you only the Arms

Sharp Reachers of the Dragon Hunter (dps ranged)

“When you are 50’ further away…” it's just too much.
      I would suggest to reduce to 25’ to be in line with the meele version

Tactful Gloves of the Dragon Hunter (dps meele)

RNG combat is bad, plus it has a cooldown of 30 seconds. This item is going to proc when the boss is phasing and not proc in the actual fight. I would suggest to change the bonus and give a better meele version of Sharp Reachers of the Dragon Hunter: “When you are 25’ close to your target, your power and critical avoidance is increased by 5%.”

I think it'd be more interesting if it would scale off with the distance, like Hunting hawk effect. Like gaining 1% for every 5 feet over 5-15. Also, I think having high distance more punishes the healer, not the ranged player, so I can see a different reason why the distance should be shortened.

Serene Mitts of the Dragon Hunter (Healer)

This is one of the best items for healers. I like it a lot! But i want suggest to increase a bit the stats gained and lost to be more in line with other similar bonuses: “Healing an ally increase your power and critical strike by 1% (currently only 0.5%) and reduce your incoming healing by 2% (max 5 stacks, so you will gain 5% crit strike and power and lose 10% Incoming Healing at max stacks)

Serene Mitts of the Dragon Hunter: You can even go further, like reducing incoming with 3-4%, but keeping the positives 1%. Reducing incoming heal is not that big of an issue.

Superior Crushers of the Dragon Hunter

This arm is interesting a lot by players because it can be useful for the stats it gives, but the condition “When you have no teammates within 30’ of you” makes these arms always undesirable. I would suggest to change the bonus in: “You will gain 1% power and defense for each player in your team”

I like gear for solo purposes like that, but definitely not fitting for mythic. On the other front, there was a feet in Avernus hunts that gave you 1% defense for every member in team, and 1% for those around you. Also, as far as armlets go, 5% power already would be a big power up, as currently you only can get like 3750 power points. But having maybe something like 0.6%-0.6% per team member and 0.3%-0.3% to all other party members, so if everyone would use it, it'd be 4.2% Power and Def. Still very BiS material.

Rugged Gauntlets of the Dragon Hunter

This arm are not worth for tank nor for healer nor for dps. I would suggest to change the bonus to give a really HUGE item for the tanks.
      Your threat generation is increased by up to 12.5% whenever your stamina is full. Effect decreases as stamina decreases. Increases stamina regeneration by up to 12.5% whenever your stamina is empty. Effect decreases as stamina increases

I think the threat part easily could be doubled, maybe even the stamina. I still would not use it, because I would still prefer a more visible benefit. But it's a great idea.
    • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
      Please improve the Ability Scores on the Neck and Waist set for Tanks (I think the Blue Dragon Set that gives Awareness and Deflect Severity). For some reason, all the Tank Sets have been having DPS Ability scores and DPS Sets having Tank Ability Scores. Please make CON the main score on the Tank Set-possibly only CON or a mix of CON with a bit of CHA. PLEASE!!! It is so annoying when the Set Bonus is nice but Ability Scores are completely wacky and useless for the Role it is intended for.
    • decrypt#3077 decrypt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      Hello,

As Paladin Oathkeeper I don't find usefull any of the new helmets provided. 'Goristro' helmet is a waste 'cause it stacks only at a maximum of 2 times in a row. So to get it to his max I need to cast 5 spells really quickly. And there is no point on it because I'm a shielder... every new spell will just overlap the current shield and make me waste divinity to get a 10% critical strike/critical severity.
      The only current helmet good for OP is the one provided by sharandar that gives +7500 outgoing healing or 7500 critical strike.

Can we instead get another helmet with a FORTE % bonus? or Outgoing Healing % bonus? The mech should be similar to the rib cage one, or active "only when you have temp hp or a shield", ecc. as other pieces designed exactly for this class (+4500 outgoing healing, +5% crit. strike ring from normal vos)
      edited May 2022
      Having a look through the rest of the Rugged set:

Rugged sabatons: It's fine, tanks get an IL upgrade over the Wisps. Underwhelming, but the Wisps boots are overly powerful, so fine.

This really is just 7500 Awareness, in %, but with the extra inconvenience. Actually, with a lot of inconveniences, because the entire effect's power depends on the boss hit rate and counteracts itself, also how well you are geared up. The stamina exists on it.

My lazy solution is to just let it give 7.5% Awareness, without the gimmicks and either:

-Double it against dragons, so it'll be very powerful during the mod, but will settle it's power level down after the mod.

-Some defensive party (or instance-wide in a radius) buff, maybe 2.5-5% Awareness for people who are not you. I feel like stacking defensive buffs, outside of PvP (dunno, don't play it) is way safer than letting people stack offensive buffs, so there are more opportunities in exploring it. Especially because people would need to give up on ribcage-like effects to stack these, because it competes for the same slot.

The stamina either can stay or not, I'd prefer to get my stamina regen as a stat, from like artifacts like Mythallar shard/Sigil of the bard. 5% is also not that huge leap, I'd easily give up to get a consistent 7.5% Awareness.

Edit: I initially understated the importance of the % based Awareness, but still harshly against the unreliable way to have it. Having to be hit 5 times and it can all fall down if you are not hit in 10 seconds I still just this unnecessary nuisance that circumstancially can make your role worse. Also I don't get why we need to push so hard for an effect that's less than a third of a ribcage. I get why comparing to ribcage is not healthy for the game, but we are not even talking about the half of what that item does.

Post edited by theraxin#5169 on

While I want to spend the minimal time writing out while losing 20% of HP for 3% Damage is just not worth it, when you can just go for -25% incoming healing for 5%, I do want to justify changing this to be a defensive bonus, because I feel like there is enough iteration on giving extra damage with a backside.

My proposed change:

Recharge preparation: When you stand still for 6 seconds, you gain 10% Recharge speed and 10% Action point gain for 6 seconds.

This is the Electrum Ring of the Herald's Defense preparation effect (or the less powerful The living silver vine), but I changed it from Defense/Movement speed to Recharge speed and Action point gain. I feel like the Recharge could go up, also I like this effect, because there is a lot of parts to be tweaked to be balanced, also I feel like Recharge speed is heavily avoided as an effect or only given in very minor amounts, but I'd see classes diverge based on how well they can utilize recharge speed increase.

Also, I changed a ring bonus to a shoe, because ring bonuses will get overshadowed by Band of Air and on tank, Ring of the Condemned on mobs.

As said, I am very not set on the exact numbers, but I am more interested in seeing if some interesting builds would come out of it than seeing it getting unutilized, like the current version probably will be if hits live.
    • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User

Having a look through the rest of the Rugged set:

Rugged sabatons: It's fine, tanks get an IL upgrade over the Wisps. Underwhelming, but the Wisps boots are overly powerful, so fine.

This really is just 7500 Awareness, in %, but with the extra inconvenience. Actually, with a lot of inconveniences, because the entire effect's power depends on the boss hit rate and counteracts itself, also how well you are geared up. The stamina exists on it.

My lazy solution is to just let it give 7.5% Awareness, without the gimmicks and either:

-Double it against dragons, so it'll be very powerful during the mod, but will settle it's power level down after the mod.

-Some defensive party (or instance-wide in a radius) buff, maybe 2.5-5% Awareness for people who are not you. I feel like stacking defensive buffs, outside of PvP (dunno, don't play it) is way safer than letting people stack offensive buffs, so there are more opportunities in exploring it. Especially because people would need to give up on ribcage-like effects to stack these, because it competes for the same slot.

The stamina either can stay or not, I'd prefer to get my stamina regen as a stat, from like artifacts like Mythallar shard/Sigil of the bard. 5% is also not that huge leap, I'd easily give up to get a consistent 7.5% Awareness.

Edit: I initially understated the importance of the % based Awareness, but still harshly against the unreliable way to have it. Having to be hit 5 times and it can all fall down if you are not hit in 10 seconds I still just this unnecessary nuisance that circumstancially can make your role worse. Also I don't get why we need to push so hard for an effect that's less than a third of a ribcage. I get why comparing to ribcage is not healthy for the game, but we are not even talking about the half of what that item does.

I completely agree with the bonus on the Chest piece counteracting itself, as higher Awareness means lesser damage, and most bosses don't hit that often, only hit once in a while. Even their more frequent attacks never do anything over 5% damage. Unlike a DPS who can control their bonus by dealing higher damage, and higher stacks raising their damage making it easier to proc the bonus, Tank gear gets worse with more stacks and we have to depend on the Boss rather than our own ability for it to proc.
      Please change this- anyone who plays a Tank or knows the Tank role can easily see why creating a defensive counterpart to the Butcher Bonus is completely unreasonable. Maybe have a bonus where for every second you have top threat you get 1 stack, or just 7.5% with 1.5% for each party member / time spent in combat.
    • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Greetings everyone,

What about the one ring that rules them all? (BAND OF AIR). Gonna nerf that anytime soon?....

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Reckless Rage: Whenever you deal damage to an enemy gain a stack of Reckless Rage, increasing your Critical Severity by 3% but decreasing your Deflect Severity by 1.5% for 5 seconds. (Max stack 5) (15% Critical Severity and -7.5% Deflect Severity)

While I understand your logic, I disagree with putting a negative stat - whatever it may be - to put in a stat that almost no one wants because of already prominent overabundance on Critical Severity.
    • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
      > @dracory1#6808 said:
      > While I understand your logic, I disagree with putting a negative stat - whatever it may be - to put in a stat that almost no one wants because of already prominent overabundance on Critical Severity.

You can build a character without maxed crit sev on most characters. 3 characters have forte that gives crit sev....maybe you are playing one of them?
      masteroga said:

> @dracory1#6808 said:
      > While I understand your logic, I disagree with putting a negative stat - whatever it may be - to put in a stat that almost no one wants because of already prominent overabundance on Critical Severity.

You can build a character without maxed crit sev on most characters. 3 characters have forte that gives crit sev....maybe you are playing one of them?

I play both rogue and a bard. My rogue easily caps - or even overcaps - critical severity. My bard doesn't even need buffs on DPS, 88.9% standing still. So yes, putting in Critical Severity is bad.

• Graceful Harmony: You gain 1.5% Outgoing Healing for each player in your team. When your teammates are 20’ or closer to you, their Forte is increased by 1.5%. (7.5% Outgoing healing for yourself, 7.5% Forte for your team)
      • Reckless Rage: Whenever you deal damage to an enemy gain a stack of Reckless Rage, increasing your Critical Severity by 3% but decreasing your Deflect Severity by 1.5% for 5 seconds. (Max stack 5) (15% Critical Severity and -7.5% Deflect Severity)
      • Ruthless Advantage: When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum HP in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Accuracy and Combat Advantage for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5) (7.5% Accuracy, 7.5% Combat Advantage)
      • Gladiator’s Focus: For every 5 seconds you are in combat, you gain 1% Critical Strike, to the max of 12%. (Up to 12% Critical Strike)
      Along with other changes to powers based on player feedback, the items containing these powers for Dragonslayer will give you some serious considerations and new gear choices.

The Neverwinter Rewards Team

Note: this change will be available in an upcoming Preview patch.
      First of all, thanks for the ribcage nerf. Genuinely. As a tank it sometimes feels that we just have to opt into DPS items, like ribcage, because they are so above other options and especially defensive items that the trade-off to items actually designed for tanking is just not worth it. Like Mythallar set, BoA and while it was almost unobtainable and barely proccable, the ribcage.

My first question, is Graceful harmony gives Forte to you? Because otherwise the math is a little off and it's 6%.

My second question, are stats weighed in any way? Like does currently the Rusted armor counts as (7.5+5)% or is the Stamina viewed less than Awareness? Or it's like different categories with Stam regen, Recharge speed and other being roughly the same, but not being compared to any other stat outside their space (Like Awareness and Crit sev) and the armor is more like a mix of 2 different thing.

The third question, are the bonuses weighed by their potential uptime? On the CD, obviously yes, but on a more "it works if you build around for it" level. Are those capped at their potential or on their average? For example, the preparation effect which makes you wait for 6 sec on a ring, giving you a bonus for 6 sec, which obviously cannot have 100% uptime in a challenging content.
    • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
      > @skingdev#1102 said:
      > We have this one. It won't get to live. Let us know if you see any other outdated rewards. QA is doing it's best to scour our game for them.
      >
      > Keep them coming,
      > - SKing

Will there be an exchange for Es6's the way there was for Mop4, 5 & 6?
    • thorncrusher#1297 thorncrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Greetings everyone,

This post is about a subject that everyone has been wondering about, especially with all of the testing and feedback received from new gear that is arriving in Neverwinter’s Dragonslayer.

Let us get right to it: we are reducing the amount of stats granted by the Ruthless Might power, found on the Bone Devil’s Rib Cage and the new Tactful Leathers of the Dragon Hunter. The bonus will now grant the following effect: When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum HP in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Critical Strike and Critical Severity for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5) This is a reduction from 25% total stat gained (12.5% per stat) to 15% total stat gained (7.5% per stat).

We apologize for having to make this adjustment. This adjustment was necessary in order for us to keep offering more you more enticing rewards without ruining the stat system. 25% stat gain, especially with strong stats for DPS, is not a maintainable standard with potential stat inflation. We will have to head towards another stat rework soon if we continued accommodating for the Bone Devil’s Ribcage.

The Bone Devil’s Ribcage will otherwise remain the same. Players will still be able to farm and sell the Bone Devil’s Ribcage, or work towards the Tactful Leathers of the Dragon Hunter by completing the Dragonslayer Campaign. Pre-Dragonslayer, the Bone Devil’s Ribcage remains the most powerful piece of body slot equipment for players to earn and trade.

These changes also afford us more flexibility to create desirable new gear, and keep them relatively balanced with respect to other items in the same equipment slot. Going forward, when making Mythic gear, we will balance them with the following thoughts:

*”Up to” is the maximum that we are aiming for. The piece of gear can have slight variations depending on ease of activation, time active, etc…

Head: These pieces can grant up to ~10% in stats.

Body: These pieces can grant a large amount of stats, up to ~15% in stats. Our baseline on this used to be ~7.5%, but we are increasing this to 15% as of Dragonslayer.

Arms: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

Feet: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

Ring: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

With that in mind, Mythic bordered body pieces from the Dragonslayer should offer bonuses that are much closer to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage. Here are some of the powers you can expect to see with the upcoming changes.

• Graceful Harmony: You gain 1.5% Outgoing Healing for each player in your team. When your teammates are 20’ or closer to you, their Forte is increased by 1.5%. (7.5% Outgoing healing for yourself, 7.5% Forte for your team)
      • Reckless Rage: Whenever you deal damage to an enemy gain a stack of Reckless Rage, increasing your Critical Severity by 3% but decreasing your Deflect Severity by 1.5% for 5 seconds. (Max stack 5) (15% Critical Severity and -7.5% Deflect Severity)
      • Ruthless Advantage: When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum HP in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Accuracy and Combat Advantage for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5) (7.5% Accuracy, 7.5% Combat Advantage)
      • Gladiator’s Focus: For every 5 seconds you are in combat, you gain 1% Critical Strike, to the max of 12%. (Up to 12% Critical Strike)
      Along with other changes to powers based on player feedback, the items containing these powers for Dragonslayer will give you some serious considerations and new gear choices.

This is HAMSTER and you know it. Not only that it's also bait and switch. Do you know how many 20 key packs with the Avernus hunt pieces I purchased in order to get the ribcage? A lot. I expect a full refund of them.
    • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Greetings everyone,

This post is about a subject that everyone has been wondering about, especially with all of the testing and feedback received from new gear that is arriving in Neverwinter’s Dragonslayer.

Let us get right to it: we are reducing the amount of stats granted by the Ruthless Might power, found on the Bone Devil’s Rib Cage and the new Tactful Leathers of the Dragon Hunter. The bonus will now grant the following effect: When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum HP in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Critical Strike and Critical Severity for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5) This is a reduction from 25% total stat gained (12.5% per stat) to 15% total stat gained (7.5% per stat).

We apologize for having to make this adjustment. This adjustment was necessary in order for us to keep offering more you more enticing rewards without ruining the stat system. 25% stat gain, especially with strong stats for DPS, is not a maintainable standard with potential stat inflation. We will have to head towards another stat rework soon if we continued accommodating for the Bone Devil’s Ribcage.

The Bone Devil’s Ribcage will otherwise remain the same. Players will still be able to farm and sell the Bone Devil’s Ribcage, or work towards the Tactful Leathers of the Dragon Hunter by completing the Dragonslayer Campaign. Pre-Dragonslayer, the Bone Devil’s Ribcage remains the most powerful piece of body slot equipment for players to earn and trade.

These changes also afford us more flexibility to create desirable new gear, and keep them relatively balanced with respect to other items in the same equipment slot. Going forward, when making Mythic gear, we will balance them with the following thoughts:

*”Up to” is the maximum that we are aiming for. The piece of gear can have slight variations depending on ease of activation, time active, etc…

Head: These pieces can grant up to ~10% in stats.

Body: These pieces can grant a large amount of stats, up to ~15% in stats. Our baseline on this used to be ~7.5%, but we are increasing this to 15% as of Dragonslayer.

Arms: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

Feet: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

Ring: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

With that in mind, Mythic bordered body pieces from the Dragonslayer should offer bonuses that are much closer to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage. Here are some of the powers you can expect to see with the upcoming changes.

This is HAMSTER and you know it. Not only that it's also bait and switch. Do you know how many 20 key packs with the Avernus hunt pieces I purchased in order to get the ribcage? A lot. I expect a full refund of them.
      It's still the best chest piece in the game though. Even if they had these stats from the beginning, you still would have spent that money because it still would have been the meta chest to get. They are adding another item with the same bonus, and another chest with similar bonus but affecting different stats, and there will be more in the future. Sure it sucks that you lose out on some stats, but this chest piece truly was too much to really balance around.
    • morgan#3470 morgan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      Can you please explain me how i can get stat inflation on barbarian and don`t lose damage when my strong side is Critical Severity (useless stat because thit is the only one you can get from anywhere) and i don`t have class feature like other classes that give them extra stats.As example dps fighter have 20% offensive stat when their stamina is full.It`s just nonsense decrease bonus from Ribcage

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
      edited May 2022
      Cryptic also need to do a thorough assessment of the Band of Air. 20%-30% dps from one item should not happen.
    • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Cryptic also need to do a thorough assessment of the Band of Air. 20%-30% dps from one item should not happen.

If they remove the band of air right now they have to boost our damage somewhere else. All of the content in the game is balanced around this item being in the game.
      Guild Leader: Under the Influence
      Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k