test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: Dragonslayer (M23) Rewards

Comments

• artor1as#9686 artor1as Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I don’t quite understand why it was necessary to decrease the ribcage, there is no such situation where too many stats come out. Especially since there is such a class as a barbarian, whose characteristics are very sad, because their strong side gives critical severity,and there is no fits/passive skill which will increase our stats. A new ribcage could breathe life into the barbarian class and allow to reduce the difference in characteristics compared to other classes, while not losing damage, but apparently not fate...
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

These changes also afford us more flexibility to create desirable new gear, and keep them relatively balanced with respect to other items in the same equipment slot. Going forward, when making Mythic gear, we will balance them with the following thoughts:

*”Up to” is the maximum that we are aiming for. The piece of gear can have slight variations depending on ease of activation, time active, etc…

Head: These pieces can grant up to ~10% in stats.

Body: These pieces can grant a large amount of stats, up to ~15% in stats. Our baseline on this used to be ~7.5%, but we are increasing this to 15% as of Dragonslayer.

Arms: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

Feet: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

Ring: These items can grant up to ~7.5% in stats.

With that in mind, Mythic bordered body pieces from the Dragonslayer should offer bonuses that are much closer to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage. Here are some of the powers you can expect to see with the upcoming changes.

Does this mean that all hope is lost for actual interesting equip bonuses in the future ? Will we be stuck with +X% stat gear and boring min/max stat allocation ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Thank you for being brave and making a change that is necessary even though it will will be unpopular. Please consider making the 'new ribcage' return to its original stats. Players don't need or want a carbon copy of an existing piece, diversity is what we crave. Having similar but pieces with different stat combinations will encourage players to strive for both to be more versatile, even purchase more Loadouts to be more effective in different parts of content

It would be great in time if we had a range of pieces that support different gear combinations, different roles and even different paragon paths
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2022
    wilbur626 said:

Does this mean that all hope is lost for actual interesting equip bonuses in the future ? Will we be stuck with +X% stat gear and boring min/max stat allocation ?

That is absolutely NOT the goal. The chart isn't meant to represent us just making a bunch of flat +X% stat gear. It's only meant to represent a rough power level.

In practice, if we're considering a more complex power for a new piece of gear, we'll look at what it does, think about what uptime can be achieved with it, see if there's a stat we can compare it to, and then ask ourselves "is this much better or much worse than +7.5% of that stat with 100% uptime?".

It's not an exact science by any means, but that's the idea.

Of course, we'll get it wrong a lot, but by going through the exercise we should get *closer* to right than if we just made up something and didn't give it a second thought. Doing that tends to lead to "balance by the numbers I just wrote looking visually similar to the numbers on some other tooltip". That tends not to lead to good results.
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

Cryptic also need to do a thorough assessment of the Band of Air. 20%-30% dps from one item should not happen.

Yes, we're looking at Band of Air. It's pretty tricky to figure out the right thing to do, since so many people are relying on it. So we don't want to do some kneejerk reaction that makes the game worse and makes everyone who has Band of Air sad.

If we're going to make a bunch of players sad (which we really don't want to do, but sometimes it's necessary) we have to be very careful to make the game overall better. And also to look for ways to make the sadness as small as possible.

With something like Rib Cage, where the issues are mostly around the numerical values of the stats, it's easier to pick a good place to land. Band of Air is tougher.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Cryptic also need to do a thorough assessment of the Band of Air. 20%-30% dps from one item should not happen.

Yes, we're looking at Band of Air. It's pretty tricky to figure out the right thing to do, since so many people are relying on it. So we don't want to do some kneejerk reaction that makes the game worse and makes everyone who has Band of Air sad.

If we're going to make a bunch of players sad (which we really don't want to do, but sometimes it's necessary) we have to be very careful to make the game overall better. And also to look for ways to make the sadness as small as possible.

With something like Rib Cage, where the issues are mostly around the numerical values of the stats, it's easier to pick a good place to land. Band of Air is tougher.
    Well I dont care if Band of air is adjusted, while it remains one of the best items in the game.

I care about class balance, because the item is more relevant in some classes than others. And we have a clear disbalance right now. Wizards for example will get a big hit if BoA is nerfed and they will suffer more than other classes like HR and Rogue.

Also, I cant understand how the 2 ring set of VoS is worse than only using Band of Air. That is nonsense.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Well I dont care if Band of air is adjusted, while it remains one of the best items in the game.

I care about class balance, because the item is more relevant in some classes than others. And we have a clear disbalance right now. Wizards for example will get a big hit if BoA is nerfed and they will suffer more than other classes like HR and Rogue.

Also, I cant understand how the 2 ring set of VoS is worse than only using Band of Air. That is nonsense.
    I mean this is the reward thread, not a class balance thread. That aside, I imagine that it takes a lot less resources to rework an item than it is to make balance adjustments to a class, much less all 9.
    edited May 2022
    arazith07 said:

I mean this is the reward thread, not a class balance thread. That aside, I imagine that it takes a lot less resources to rework an item than it is to make balance adjustments to a class, much less all 9.
    Yes, but if you saw the yesterday Stream, Brett said that depending on the fix it can affect some classes more than others, classes that make more procs. Depending on the solution you can do more harm to balance than good. They must do it carefully, and maybe they should wait until class balance to nerf the ring.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • mignon#7663 mignon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I just gotta love how some people have no clue about stuff. Saying the Rogue wont be impacted as much by a nerf to the Band of Air, is uninformed. Touch of Wind is about 21% of the Rogues damage... People should rather keep quiet than stating misleading opinions as facts. I believe the Band of Air are overperforming for some classes because of their Damage over time procs the Mythallar set which in turn procs the Band of Air. All the other stuff that proc'ed off DOTs has been fixed/nerfed in the past like the Owlbear Cub. Make the BOA or the ring set an overall damage buff like 20%, which will be like a 10% increase considering additive buffs.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    What wonders me is your tendency to push item-level up. Are you going to remove scaling from the game? Because otherwise I don't see any point in using high IL gear.

Right now there is no content in the game, except for vos and trials, which are unscaled and require a high item level. Personally I hate trials, so for me you have nothing.

At the moment the most important thing was to have items with good bonuses, but no, you decided nerfing the bonuses and increase the IL. What for? So that, there will be more people wondering how it is possible that someone with half of their IL and old gear is two or three times ahead of them in the paingiver table?

Congratulations. With this mentality, you will lose not only the old players, you will also lose the new, great and shiny ones.
    I have a feeling that youtubers will soon be the only ones who left in the game, with their precious advices...

post.png

I just gotta love how some people have no clue about stuff. Saying the Rogue wont be impacted as much by a nerf to the Band of Air, is uninformed. Touch of Wind is about 21% of the Rogues damage... People should rather keep quiet than stating misleading opinions as facts. I believe the Band of Air are overperforming for some classes because of their Damage over time procs the Mythallar set which in turn procs the Band of Air. All the other stuff that proc'ed off DOTs has been fixed/nerfed in the past like the Owlbear Cub. Make the BOA or the ring set an overall damage buff like 20%, which will be like a 10% increase considering additive buffs.

Rogues and HRs were top dps before band of air existence and are far ahead with Band of air. Wizards are at least functional with Band of air even if they are still very far (more in AoE).

So yes, rogues will still be the top dps after the nerf, and yes, they will be less affected even if band of air is 20% of their dmg (in other classes is 20% or more too).

Maybe you didnt understand, when I said they will be less affected, because I meant in the overall comparison with other classes. The same with the ribcage, all classes will be affected, but in the same way, unlike with the Band of air.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • thorncrusher#1297 thorncrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

This is HAMSTER and you know it. Not only that it's also bait and switch. Do you know how many 20 key packs with the Avernus hunt pieces I purchased in order to get the ribcage? A lot. I expect a full refund of them.

It's still the best chest piece in the game though. Even if they had these stats from the beginning, you still would have spent that money because it still would have been the meta chest to get. They are adding another item with the same bonus, and another chest with similar bonus but affecting different stats, and there will be more in the future. Sure it sucks that you lose out on some stats, but this chest piece truly was too much to really balance around.

You have no idea what I would have done. I spent money to get the ribcage because it was the best piece by far. Now that they are thinking about lowering the stats by 40% it isn't the best piece by far. There's a difference. A huge difference.

I can see them changing new drops. Whatever. No problem with that. If they change the stats on existing pieces it's sales fraud and it's illegal.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Greetings everyone,

With that in mind, Mythic bordered body pieces from the Dragonslayer should offer bonuses that are much closer to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage. Here are some of the powers you can expect to see with the upcoming changes.

• Graceful Harmony: You gain 1.5% Outgoing Healing for each player in your team. When your teammates are 20’ or closer to you, their Forte is increased by 1.5%. (7.5% Outgoing healing for yourself, 7.5% Forte for your team)
    • Reckless Rage: Whenever you deal damage to an enemy gain a stack of Reckless Rage, increasing your Critical Severity by 3% but decreasing your Deflect Severity by 1.5% for 5 seconds. (Max stack 5) (15% Critical Severity and -7.5% Deflect Severity)
    • Ruthless Advantage: When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum HP in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Accuracy and Combat Advantage for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5) (7.5% Accuracy, 7.5% Combat Advantage)
    • Gladiator’s Focus: For every 5 seconds you are in combat, you gain 1% Critical Strike, to the max of 12%. (Up to 12% Critical Strike)
    Along with other changes to powers based on player feedback, the items containing these powers for Dragonslayer will give you some serious considerations and new gear choices.

Gladiator's Focus is so much worse compared to the other bonus's in this list that are supposed to compare to the rib cage's bonus after the reduction. In my experience 95% of combat in the game is done in under 20 seconds. Meaning that the item isn't good for use in almost all of the game content right now outside of some of the trials excluding Crown. The 12% is lower than the other listed 15% percentages so it means your better off getting Critical Strike from any other source as to be more efficient. I would recommend that the stacks happen faster or that the % increases are higher. Thirty seconds might be the optimal time to put on the stacking to make the gear piece comparable as a niche item in end game for some classes. A good number of players will look at other items because it as stands is already 3% less in stats compared to other comparable items.

This is what I see the bonus as for someone who is looking at it for min/maxing their toon.
    Gladiator's Focus: At the start of combat increase Critical Strike by a random amount between 2% and 6%.

The increases will come so slow that most of the fights will be over in that range for that gear.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

Gladiator's Focus is so much worse compared to the other bonus's in this list that are supposed to compare to the rib cage's bonus after the reduction. In my experience 95% of combat in the game is done in under 20 seconds.

While it's true that most combat is done in under 20 seconds, it's also true that the hardest combat, the combat you'd most like to be buffed for, lasts significantly longer.

Batiri's Wisdom gives bonus damage versus bosses, and it's considered good, even though most of the combat in the game is against non-bosses.

Batiri's Wisdom probably gives too much bonus damage, no doubt because whoever made it was thinking that the bonus would apply so seldom, but that's another issue. Imagine for the sake of argument you had a choice between an item that gave you +7.5% damage in general, or +8% damage versus bosses. Which would you choose? I think it could go either way, depending on how you tend to play. Or maybe the right numbers are +7.5% in general and +10% versus bosses -- it's definitely open to debate -- but you get the idea.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2022

Gladiator's Focus is so much worse compared to the other bonus's in this list that are supposed to compare to the rib cage's bonus after the reduction. In my experience 95% of combat in the game is done in under 20 seconds.

While it's true that most combat is done in under 20 seconds, it's also true that the hardest combat, the combat you'd most like to be buffed for, lasts significantly longer.

Batiri's Wisdom gives bonus damage versus bosses, and it's considered good, even though most of the combat in the game is against non-bosses.

Batiri's Wisdom probably gives too much bonus damage, no doubt because whoever made it was thinking that the bonus would apply so seldom, but that's another issue. Imagine for the sake of argument you had a choice between an item that gave you +7.5% damage in general, or +8% damage versus bosses. Which would you choose? I think it could go either way, depending on how you tend to play. Or maybe the right numbers are +7.5% in general and +10% versus bosses -- it's definitely open to debate -- but you get the idea.
    Thank you for the reply.

I don't see that as a comparison that is equal. Batiri's bonus while niche, it's effect is up all the time and is above the other bonuses of the same type. This bonus is the opposite in that it isn't up all of the time until later in extended fights and the bonus is less than the others. Both are opposite traits of the batiri bonus in your comparison.

You are correct that end game combat will allow for that item to be maxed in combat some of the time. The problem is that Crown drops your stacks in the middle of the fight meaning it has to restack again in the second phase. There is also several other places that just drop the stacks based on combat leaving. This buff also had an issue in that it would only work for about 10 minutes before all stacks dropped until you entered combat again. Right now your probably only going to see potential use in tiamat master and zariel master if players don't have the better bonus items. The first phase which is a dps check won't see much benefit of this item because about half the time your not maxing the stats on this item. Then, when compared to the other buffs they have nearly 100% uptime of their stats with a bonus to them of 3% above this buff. In all cases just by being 3% lower at 12% stat instead of 15% stat caps your getting a better bang for your buck than the other bonuses. The bonus for ruthless advantage will max out in about 2 seconds of fighting for most dps classes as well as be capped during the highest points of a dps's rotation during artifact calls. I was an end game player when the first iteration of this type of stat came out in the weapons for chult. That bonus on the weapons was never used by the player base since the only time you capped the bonus was in groups that were going to struggle in the content. Another issue this buff has had in the past is that if you die being resurrected doesn't initiate this bonus again. I don't see the player base now seeing this as a better buff to have based on how the buff worked in the past on other gear.

Look at the Tyrant weapon bonus as an example of a really good bonus for weapons that nobody uses. The buff in discussion is using the similar language but just doing % damage.

My suggestion would be to change it to the following:

Gladiator’s Focus: For every 5 seconds you are in combat, you gain 2% Critical Strike, to the max of 12%. (Up to 12% Critical Strike)

Not sure your aware but other buffs in the game that have this "for every 5 seconds you are in combat buff" statement the following issues come with those buffs in the game.
    1. The buff takes a long time to get fully stacked and doesn't work in most content except end game trials.
    2. If you die in combat the buff stacks are gone and getting brought back up doesn't count as entering combat so you never get any stacks for the rest of that content. This is the worst bug and causes these buffs to never be useful in end game because it relies on deathless runs.
    3. Most of the artifact calls are right at the start of content. This buff won't be active for that first call and will severely limit your effectiveness at the most important time to be effective.
    Post edited by cherryman1 on
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2022

So, on the changes for the preview hunter gear:

First, it's good to see how player feedback is being listened to and reflected on the items, which makes me more excited about the mod. I am not going to praise changes too much which were aligned with my feedback, because I'm obviously biased. But I like them. :P

However, one item kind of seems to move very little by the feedback and that's:

Now, I am more interested in understanding and answers, than trying to push for more Awareness, but I will want to put in some cents:

-It was mentioned that the chest gear power was increased from ~7.5% stats to 15%, but this is obviously not the case for this armor piece, as it's in the most optimal case, 7.5% still.

-The requirement for activating it became less counteractive, which is good, but still, having it to be triggered by a 15% max HP hit means you essentially do not have it for the most important attacks if you are not hurt by the lesser ones. I'd say it is definitely below 6% in actual efficiency, depending on boss, but likely can go under 5% in unscaled content.

Now, as said, I just want to know why Awareness gets so toned down. As far as feedback goes, if it's only available with these conditions and powerlevel, I feel we should move away from Awareness into the region of half Deflect, half crit avoidance to get more of stats that mean less, especially because very few people will optimize for both.

For something like:
    "If you Deflect a critical strike, you gain 2.5% Deflect and Critical avoidance. Stacks up to 3 times."

On this, I actually like the idea more than using it. I did not even leave an uptime on it. Because I think if it would be implemented, it'd be disastrous if it all could just fall down during combat before a big hit. Very unreliable, even with huge uptime.

or

Increase your Incoming heal by 1.5% for each player in your team. When your teammates 25' or closer to you, increase their Forte by 1.5%

Incoming heal is a stat that we don't really get and until recently, I feel like I slept on it a little until very recently. Now this is the pair of the Outgoing healing armor, but I'd even see it go more to give 1.5% Incoming heal to the rest of the party, so we get 9% of it, but still granting somewhat of a help to the rest of the party.

I tried to make an armor that gives up to 15% Critical avoidance, but found myself even with constant 15% Crit avoid to just prefer 7.5% Incoming healing. Even above the Deflect/Crit avoid. Because that relies less on the boss and chances, but more on a member of the team.

Edit: I got slightly corrected on the efficacy of Incoming healing, compared to Deflect, so will need further testing on how the math works. And some people would prefer to have 15°% Critical avoidance and I guess it'd be okay, if we have barely other options yet.

Post edited by theraxin#5169 on
    I don't play tanks, but I would think that awareness is just as important as defense is, but with less sources. All bosses deal CA damage, mobs tend to swarm around, so CA damage is near 100% on enemies hitting players.
    While it was just a dummy testing, which has both positive and negatives to it, I found the dragonscale necklace set uptime a little bit short and probably for the rest of it.

If I space out encounters and not missing it, it can last for like 30 sec, but then my divinity is out and everything is on CD and also, this is not remotely optimal way to tank, because I generally burst out damage in the start to set a grip on aggro, which means spending all divinity and then at-wills and one-one here and there. I probably would get more divinity when being hit, but also would have more things to focus on than to look at timers to precisely refresh.

So, while I'm unsure how it'd affect other classes and sets with similar effect, I feel like it can safely have a +1 second, be somewhat better to keep it up, but still not be something permanent, unless you really focus on it.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2022

Why is the BoA a very good thing?

Game needs more chase targets: Long grinds that gives BiS-level gear. This gives people something to do and is good for customer retention. We have the Mirage weapons, and the BoA. Few other long-term grind targets in game. Give us more :)

What is the problem with the current BoA?

An item giving 20%-30% dps creates an A and a B team of dps players. This leads to exclusions and is not good for the social environment. People will disregard a small dps difference of 10% or so, it is hard to disregard 20%-30%. It also creates problems for the tanks, it is very hard to keep aggro from a BoA-equipped player.

Why did the BoA come to be?

The problem is that the BoA procs of secondary damage sources like procs as well. This likely is an implementation bug. It is not the first time Cryptic have done this mistake, there has been a number of situations through the years where powers have been nerfed due to runaway dps caused by proccing on secondary damage sources.
    It seems Cryptics corporate memory on this is a bit flawed :)

Why should people not be sad when it is nerfed?

If you look at BoA comments on the Web you will find a common understanding that the BoA is massively overpowered. That means using the BoA actually is a bit down on the scale of 'exploiting a bug'. People are expecting a BoA nerf, the question is only how much nerfed it will be. As long as the BoA still remains a BiS item, people will accept that it needs to be tuned down.
    Also things being changed is part of mmorpg life - get used to it :)

Do people depend on the BoA?

All content can be done without BoA's. A bit more struggle required perhaps, but doable. BoAs are not required to win any of the content, rather you could say that the BoAs are used to make the content easier than it should be.

On class balance

BoA is better for some classes than others. However, taking such concerns will make it very hard to do anything. BoA should be adjusted without class considerations, then Cryptic should do another round of review on the Wizard.

The problem with the BoA drop mechanism

BiS items like the BoA should never drop as a low-probability item. The problem with this is the huge span in how many kills it takes to get it.
    Some players will get it very rapidly and stop running the content and lose interest -> lost customers
    Some players will never get it and quit in frustration -> lost customers
    Also there is no way to know how progressed you are on your way to a BoA with low-probability random drops. That is bad user interface.

How should the BoA drop?

Introduce 3 currency items(Wispy ring of air, Airy gem, Airy bindings) and make them drop at 50% probability. Then make the BoA purchasable by for instance 100 of each of those. That would give a fairly predictable(low variance) requirement of 200 runs to get it, and people would know how progressed they are by watching the currency accumulate.

How should the BoA itself be fixed?

I would suggest fix BoA implementation so it procs only off primary damage sources(at-wills, encounters and dailies) like it should have been from start. Just give it a 7-8% chance to duplicate any primary attack.
    That would mean a true 7-8% reliable dps increase from it that would be fairly immune to class differences. It still would be very much BiS, but not as bad as 20%-30%. Most other rings have for instance nominal 5% extra to stats, but since those are added to already high stats(typically around 90%) the actual gain from those effects is only 60%-ish of the nominal effect giving them an actual effect in the range of 3%.
    A ring giving 4-5% actual dps increase over other rings would definitely make it worth the farm effort yet not create a big gap between A and B dps players.
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I notice that the Ability Scores on the Artifact Sets have been improved which is great news. However, the Artifact of the Tank Set itself (Blue Dragon's Mark), gives Critical Strike, Critical Severity and Deflection. It would be much better if it gave Maximum HP, Deflect / Defense, Deflect Severity / Critical Avoidance etc. as these are appropriate for the Tank Role. Critical Strike and Critical Severity are largely irrelevant for Tanks, as even if they want to invest in offensive stats, Power and Combat Advantage are better stats.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    The cost of the gear is way too high. Needs to be dropped significantly, especially if there is no way to be able to earn the currency solo. Some of us aren't on at times when others are, and don't have enough friends in game to create groups for required queues.
    edited May 2022
    On an other piece when a specific feedback got rejected and/or was not sufficient to explain the problem:

So, to clarify the problem with this as a tank set piece is the activation mechanic. Even as tank on bosses, being hit is a slow process, while having to hit is quick and necessary. You hit a lot, when you establish aggro and your at-wills are generally less than a second (for tanks, the aggro at-will is like a quarter of a second and bosses hit you not that often, but for big chunks.

I am currently using Midnight grips, or the Controller's Strike effect, which works the opposite way, I can stack up useless Control Bonus up in little more than a second, to then get hit and enjoy the DR I actually care about.

I think regardless if specific feedback is proper for a new effect, the effect should be modelled more in they way how Controller works, because now it's close to useless.

On the effect, while now we know what is the planned powerlevel, also I start to feel the caveats with it, but I'd still try to suggest something vaguely similar to an old idea:

Lesser Herald's Defense: You gain 0.5% Defense for each player in your team. When your teammates are 25' or closer to you, they gain 1% Defense.

This effect is taken from the Boots of the Herald, but nerfed to fit into the ~7.5% range instead of 10%, because the original gives 1% to you per player. Now, Boot of the Herald is both not a good tank item, Defense is a thing that generally gets capped easily, but also Herald did not really had a chance to shine, because Wisps boots just giving way more. So it did not really get a chance to fairly show it's I think quite good effect.

In this form it's like 3.5% Defense to you and 4% split to the rest of the group, most of them will not really care about Defense as a stat. Regardless, tank armlets as most gear slots for tanks are kind of barren of good options, so even with just the 3.5% Defense this will fairly compare to the 2500 Deflect severity piece/5%Def+Power if your group is ranged from the boss/Controller and the group bonus would push it above.

Now, I don't know if the bonus stacks (probably does, did not test) and if it's a problem, but either giving us 1% per person and 0.5% to the rest OR just giving us 1% Defense without anything else would be justifyable change, although probably 5% DR is just better. But I'd like to have group buff pieces.

Although I probably just use an inferior 5% Defense one only to myself, because with the 1% crit in every 5 sec armor I can look nice in full mythic gear.

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Question: Is it intended that the serene boots of the dragon provide a stat bonus of 7500 power while all other gear pieces provide direct increases to the percentages?

I would suggest changing it to 7.5% for consistency and less risk of overcapping power.
  • broca#1882 broca Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you for the diversity in stack procs on chest pieces (like reckless rage and gladiator's focus).
    It is nice to see different stack proc mechanics in play and I suspect different builds will make productive use of different proc mechanics.
    I hope to see similar diversity coming to helmets as well over time!
    Thank you,
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Well, the ribcage & BOA changes were to be expected. Another day another nerf erm, rebalancing adjustment. That and you've lost the 2 people who were creative enough to actually plan rewards for the game, and not just crappify old gear to make the new gear look worthwile.
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    anna#4890 said:

Well, the ribcage & BOA changes were to be expected. Another day another nerf erm, rebalancing adjustment. That and you've lost the 2 people who were creative enough to actually plan rewards for the game, and not just crappify old gear to make the new gear look worthwile.

Just saying, the new gear is same as ribcage- both got nerfed. Have a look at Preview Shard. They didn't nerf the old gear only to make new gear look good, since both got changed :tongue: .
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Hello @cryptic39#8917 @rgutscheradev and thanks for your work to fix some of the new mythic gears based on players feedback!
    I/we really appreciate those changes even if there are something which needs to be fix.

I would suggest others feedbacks and hope you can listened as you already did.

Tactiful Gloves of the Dragon Hunter:
    Whenever you healed in combat, you have a 10% chance to gain 7.5% Recharge speed for 10 sec. (15 seconds cooldown)

I've seen you never touch this item but even if the concept could be good , the bonus will be really useless into the contents we actually have and also for how Recharge Speed works. The internal cooldown is the worst thing of the item:
    I would suggest to change the bonus and make a meele version of Sharp Reachers of the dragon hunter: when you are 25' or closer to your target, your power is increase by 6%.

Sharp Longboots of the Dragon hunter
    thanks the long tests we did (tiamat master, tomm, zcm, CoK) I would extremely recomended to decrease the -% of critical avoidance. -30% is TO MUCH and would make this boot basically not usable in the contents we have in game. If you dont want reduce the Critical avoidance, please increase the dmg gained at least to 10%

Sharp Crushers of the Dragon Hunter

"when you have no teammates within 30', your power and defense is increase by 5%"
    I dont understand this item. They are OK in the solo content (campaigns, weekly and daily quests) but for ALL the contents in game they will be 100% not used by any classes and any roles. Into dungeons/trials ppl tend to stay togheter and close to theirself (except for some rare species of dps which tend to hold aggro on mobs and instadieXD).
    I would suggest to change the bonus and make it related to be in party but without the 30' .

Soul fire Ring of Piety

"When you stand still for 6 sec, your Outgoing healing is increased by 10% and Ap gain is increased by 5% for 6 seconds"
    Stand still for 6 seconds its just to much and for my testing into trial master as healer I never still stand in one point (even if I forced me to not move to try to use the bonusXD).
    I would suggest to decrease a bit the time requirement to proc to 2/3 second max.

Superior Stompers of the Dragon Hunter

I would suggest to change "combat advantage" as stats in an healer item and then increase the OGH to 7.5% max stats, to compensate the IGH lost

Thank you for this awesome works on mythic gear.
    Best regards!
    AsteR
    Post edited by aster#8001 on
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    These nerfs seem highly suspect of being a positive change.

1. Endgamers will experience a loss of a few seconds in their run times. Not sure why that's so important, but ok. Maybe some surprises are in store for us that we have yet to see that will make the loss of a few seconds worthwhile.

2. Augment users will likely complain that the endgame meta now highly favors striker builds, well, except for maybe Arbiters but even they may likely be strikers as well.

3. All this new gear...yet nothing seem new.

4. Seems likely that newer players just getting ready for endgame are going to be the ones hit hardest from these changes. Not sure why we would want to make their life any harder than it currently is for them.

Fyi, in case you're wondering. Class balance has never been better than it is right now. Be cautious of any class balancing adjustments you make. They will more than likely make a bigger impact than you're expecting.

These nerfs seem highly suspect of being a positive change.

1. Endgamers will experience a loss of a few seconds in their run times. Not sure why that's so important, but ok. Maybe some surprises are in store for us that we have yet to see that will make the loss of a few seconds worthwhile.

2. Augment users will likely complain that the endgame meta now highly favors striker builds, well, except for maybe Arbiters but even they may likely be strikers as well.

3. All this new gear...yet nothing seem new.

4. Seems likely that newer players just getting ready for endgame are going to be the ones hit hardest from these changes. Not sure why we would want to make their life any harder than it currently is for them.

Fyi, in case you're wondering. Class balance has never been better than it is right now. Be cautious of any class balancing adjustments you make. They will more than likely make a bigger impact than you're expecting.

3. Nothing new? Sure there are some that are just higher iL upgrades from what we have, but finally there are some gear for healers and tanks to at least consider getting, they've been the ones asking for role specific gear the most. They may not be going for all 4 mythic armor slots, but they do have new items. DPS have new items as well.
    4. Newer players will be the least affected though as they likely don't even have ribcage to begin with. Plus, they will be able to jump into Dragon Hunts along with everyone else.
    5. I'm sure they will wait until BOA adjustments are made before doing much class adjustment, aside from Bard dps.