Comments

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:
    > You left off the 6 runestones that had combined rating...for obvious reasons.

We have 12 runestones now?

The combined rating that was taken away from the 6 runestones...better?

We lose around 1% on all stats just from that change.
    I copied my current build to preview to check out this horrible stat loss and I fail to understand what all the fuss is about ;

Is it the fact that it will be harder to reach 90% (even if there is an increase in damage/damage resistance) ?

Or is the problem how this new system will work with scaling ? If so, wouldnt that be another problem with the already problematic scaling system ?

Guessing you have an augment slotted, getting 7.5k on 3 stats then. The loss in stat is there, minus the tinkering you did. You lost 4.4% def, 5.7% crit avoid, deflect went up, why im assuming you slotted augment, 5.6% on acc, etc. Looks like you slotted augment with combat, deflect, deflect sev, or slotted all def to 1 of those stats to mask the loss. Go ahead and summon reg comp and show the stats. they will all go down the 5.5% or so acc, crit avoid, etc did. Only the augment stopped that, but im guessing you knew that, but just didnt want to say thats the only option to not lose that % on every stat.
    Im using the Cat augment both on live and preview, the gearing/companions/insignia/boons are identical. The only change is the enchantments and the combat enchantment (orange/far right screenshot).

Is the % loss that you are able to identify so severe that 10% Damage Resistance and close to 10% HP is not able to make up for it ?

It would be kinda stupid to compare a live build to a preview build if they were not the same imho.
    If you didn't want to say you're using augment, thats fine, was easily guessed correctly. The runestone gives 7.5k on 3 stats now. If not using the augment, you don't get that, and lose 8% across the board if max all enchants. Yes you gain 22.5k extra while you're losing 80k on the 10 stats when everything lvled up, if an augment slotted. The 80k loss is evident and obvious, unless not wanting to see it.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

I copied my current build to preview to check out this horrible stat loss and I fail to understand what all the fuss is about ;

Is it the fact that it will be harder to reach 90% (even if there is an increase in damage/damage resistance) ?

Or is the problem how this new system will work with scaling ? If so, wouldnt that be another problem with the already problematic scaling system ?

Guessing you have an augment slotted, getting 7.5k on 3 stats then. The loss in stat is there, minus the tinkering you did. You lost 4.4% def, 5.7% crit avoid, deflect went up, why im assuming you slotted augment, 5.6% on acc, etc. Looks like you slotted augment with combat, deflect, deflect sev, or slotted all def to 1 of those stats to mask the loss. Go ahead and summon reg comp and show the stats. they will all go down the 5.5% or so acc, crit avoid, etc did. Only the augment stopped that, but im guessing you knew that, but just didnt want to say thats the only option to not lose that % on every stat.
    Im using the Cat augment both on live and preview, the gearing/companions/insignia/boons are identical. The only change is the enchantments and the combat enchantment (orange/far right screenshot).

Is the % loss that you are able to identify so severe that 10% Damage Resistance and close to 10% HP is not able to make up for it ?

It would be kinda stupid to compare a live build to a preview build if they were not the same imho.
    If you didn't want to say you're using augment, thats fine, was easily guessed correctly. The runestone gives 7.5k on 3 stats now. If not using the augment, you don't get that, and lose 8% across the board if max all enchants. Yes you gain 22.5k extra while you're losing 80k on the 10 stats when everything lvled up, if an augment slotted. The 80k loss is evident and obvious, unless not wanting to see it.
    Why would I share my build and how it is affected by the changes if it was secret ? I understand that you are not particulary happy with the new system, and do not understand how the neverwinter ratings system works, but please dont take it out on me :)

If this loss you are talking about is mitigated by the new system itself (if you look closely it is actually a buff), wouldnt that mean that you nay-sayers are wrong ?
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

Why would I share my build and how it is affected by the changes if it was secret ? I understand that you are not particulary happy with the new system, and do not understand how the neverwinter ratings system works, but please dont take it out on me :)

If this loss you are talking about is mitigated by the new system itself (if you look closely it is actually a buff), wouldnt that mean that you nay-sayers are wrong ?
    OK, whatever you say. We go up 15k IL, and get 7k combined rating. We lose 8k per stat, or 8%. That can be offset with an augment on 3 stats, so losing 8% on 7 stats if using an augment. Not saying it's a secret, saying you always support changes, even when it's obvious players are losing 8% on each stat x10, or 8% on 7 stats if using an augment. Or is that not correct.
    edited December 2021
    stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

OK, whatever you say. We go up 15k IL, and get 7k combined rating. We lose 8k per stat, or 8%. That can be offset with an augment on 3 stats, so losing 8% on 7 stats if using an augment. Not saying it's a secret, saying you always support changes, even when it's obvious players are losing 8% on each stat x10, or 8% on 7 stats if using an augment. Or is that not correct.
    I gain 4380 item level compared to live, where do you get your 15000 item level from ?

And why would you not use the benefits of the new system to counter the negative side effects you are so focused on ?

If I were to upgrade my diesel car to an electric car but refuse to charge the battery, that would show my lack of comprehension, not a design flaw with the car ?

I do not always support changes btw. I did not support the removal of the foundry, I do not support the devs ignoring PVP, I do not support the lack of alternatives in the new Combat enchantments, I do not support the lack of exchange for enchantments below rank 10, I do not support the lack of exchange for marks/enchanting stones.

I do support the progress and QOL improvement that is the new refinement/enchantment system.
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

I gain 4380 item level compared to live, where do you get your 15000 item level from ?
    Lvl all the enchants, you go up 15k. Only go up 7k combined rating. Get 5k IL from combat, 1.5k from bonus, and 1.5k from companion runestone=8k with no combined rating. Please feel free to enlighten.
    @wilbur626 , since you know the system so much better than everyone else, you already know this...your IL wasn't offset as much as it should have been, since they gave you higher rank 4 that are temporary. The 4380 was actually 4k(combat), 1.2k(runestone) and 1.2k(bonus)=6.4k. They raised your enchants IL from live with the fake rank 4's that are temp across the board and cut into the 6.4k.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    If a char/alt has full set of enchants/runestones/weapon enchant/armor enchants of the current lowest current rank I would prefer if they
    can get full set of the new lowest rank ( 1).

If a char/alt has full set of enchants/runestones/weapon enchant/armor enchants of the current highest current rank
    they should get a full set of new rank (4)

And yes they really need to think about proper use of combined rating i don't want it to be like now when best weapon enchant for a healer is no enchant

Also, the previous IL from weapon/armor would go against the raise in IL(as with runestone), but you lose the combined rating at same time.
  • zuril#9712 zuril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So basicially all the time I have spent to reach a high enough IL to get certain content is now wasted time. All the enchants that I have at lvl 9 and below are basicially useless along with the Marks of potency and enchanting stones I have collected in order to upgrade enchants. I don't see this as a good move at all. I will basicially lose IL, and have to grind my way back up on multipule toons. I would rather have seen new content that is playable by most of the playerbase. As is the content for VoS literally I can now play as of this week because it took me that long to grind out the IL to be able to do so. In January I will have been here as a part of the playerbase for a year. So that gives you an idea of how long it took me to reach 45+K IL to be able to even play VoS. Granted I have 8 toons, 1 for every class, and if I would of just stuck to 1 toon would have made it there faster, but thats not my play style. Anyway this I see as a complete waste of resourses for the DEV team. Just my two cents.
  • gastndorf#9723 gastndorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm going to try to keep it swift and simple, it's only feedback.

"No More Unslot Cost"
    - Good, page for enchants was much needed long ago.

"The enchantment page has the following enchantment slots"
    - Why are we only getting 1 utility slot? We used to have 5, plus the value is the same as offense or defense, it's not big especially since the stats in there aren't that useful beside outgoing healing... Same for bonus, only one, not a big value, I'm going to miss my 25% extra speed from enchants solely.
    - Why do we have to choose between armor en weapon enchant? It seems pretty infortunate, for tanks of all things who are going to lose some aggro from less damage, unless they give up damage reduction...
    - Only having a choice between 3 in either armor/weapon enchants seems really dumbed down, do you consider porting the rest of the old enchants over? Sure, most people would use a couple of the same, but these aren't even the ones you converted, so that's not an argument. And it would have been a great occasion to put balance into the less desired ones (that include prominence which is horrible which you ported).
    - Why don't weapon enchants also give outgoing healing? Between damage boost and damage reduction, I feel healers don't really benefit from either, a little too recurring statement...

"Exchange Cost"
    - Why not buy mythic right away? Don't wanna go through refining stuff again, I will have well enough medallions for that I'm pretty sure.

"Preservation and Coal Wards"
    - Pres wards, I don't know if the change is good or bad, it seems good from what I understand, may be more economical...
    Motes are meh, it feels like I'll have to use coalescent all the time? The range from 1 to 10% for the others looks pretty weak, unless we can stack several together...

"Artifacts/Artifact Equipment"
    - I liked to fill the item without upgrading for alts, but I guess it makes more sense this way, not a big loss, but still a loss...

"Weapon/Armor Enchant Effects"
    - Great addition, hopefully this means there will be more of them released periodically (hopefully more than 3 in a year and half).
    - Too bad the echange is limited to rank 10 though, I think you could have made it so we could trade lower ranks for just a skin and no medallions.

"Will I have to figure this all out before I can play again?"

- Decent you let people catch up with time limited enchants, feels kind of a "taste the product to buy more product" tactic but I get it.

"at which point you’d want to have exchanged your old enchants for new ones to take their place."

- That doesn't really acknowledge the fact most people play with rank 9 enchants since they're the highest most accessible level, majority of my alts do in fact. It's not gonna be great after a week. Better start saving, the exchange is not for you.

Now one thing you haven't mentioned here are collars, don't you think they would need some balance too in their refining process? They're awfully expensive (mostly due to the greater shards and their stupidly high number required compared to how scarce they are in the game) but the bonus and item level they give aren't great. If you compare with the new enchants, especially those bonus enchants which give similar value, that's actually pretty sad.

Another thing, you mentionned all these items giving a lot more item level and all, and I may be missing something but they don't give combined rating at all? So it's actually a big nerf? Since the higher our item level go, the more we lose stats in ratings, and combined rating used to give a lot more stats combined than the actual stat the enchant gave. If it stays that way, it's a major loss, and the statement that even the low new enchants give more stats than the old ones untrue.
    @wilbur, do you man, and keep spoutng the company line. When facts were presented, like we go from 63k IL to 78k IL, you don't want to talk about it. And overall, we got 7k combined rating vs that 15k IL increase, and go down 8% because of it. Please show where threat generation went up, or is that just you going by base damage total? According to Rainer, each 1% of stat equate to roughly .5% damage. So if you're going to say threat is going up because of the base damage total, wouldn't dropping power, acc, crit, crit sev %, at the same time lower threat with less dps?
    With 24 enchants/runestones at 200 IL each, we were getting 4.8k IL from them. Now we get 10 for those 24 slots(4 off/4def/1utility/1runestone), at 1.5k IL each...15k vs 4.8k, and add in new bonus IL 1.5k...11.7k change...now look at weapon/armor giving 1k IL now each, for 2k total...vs change being 5k....3k more....so 14.7k change in IL from 24 enchants and weapon armor, to 10 enchants/1 runestone/1combat. And if lose .5% dps for every 1% offense stat, and we lose 40% stat on 5 offense stats, so effectively lose 20%. Great, we get 1/2 back. How does that help threat generation?
    edited December 2021
    stark760 said:

@wilbur, do you man, and keep spoutng the company line. When facts were presented, like we go from 63k IL to 78k IL, you don't want to talk about it. And overall, we got 7k combined rating vs that 15k IL increase, and go down 8% because of it. Please show where threat generation went up, or is that just you going by base damage total? According to Rainer, each 1% of stat equate to roughly .5% damage. So if you're going to say threat is going up because of the base damage total, wouldn't dropping power, acc, crit, crit sev %, at the same time lower threat with less dps?

where did @rainer#8575 show this ?

Why do you not upgrade gear while you are upgrading enchantments ?

Why do you ignore damage increase from item level and combat enchantment ?
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited December 2021

wilbur626 said:

So did you leave the temporary new items they gave you slotted? .
    No.

It is very hard to understand your post cause of the formatting.

What combat enchantment are you using ?

Is this with companion enhancement ?

Is this the transformation from Live to Preview with enchants you get from the exchange ?

If the 2 screenshots I assume is your live/preview setup, this is what changed :

Base damage : +7,76%.
    Base hit points : +7%
    Damage/Damage resistance (depending on what combat enchantment) : +8%

Stats total : 658,3%, down from 699,1%

Based on your stat distribution, im guessing you play a DPS.

The most relevant stats for you would be the offensive stats :

Power : -7,4%
    Accuracy : -3,3%
    Combat Advantage : +0,4%
    Critical Strike : +2%
    Critical Severity : +1,5%

Offensive stats lost : -6,8%

This would mean the base damage increase alone is enough to cover up for the offensive stats lost. (check NWhub for detailed calculations). If you chose an offensive combat enchantment, you would see a major DPS increase.

Since you are concerned about your defensive stats, we should take a look at those aswell :

Defense : -1,9%
    Awareness : -4,1%
    Critical Avoidance : -3,3%
    Deflection : +3,2%
    Deflect Severity : -3,3%

Defensive stats lost : -9,4%

This is where you got hit hardest, but since your damage loss is already made up for from item level increase alone you could choose to slot a defensive combat enchantment. Any combat enchantment would grant you 8% damage resistance, surpassing the stats lost.

If the stat loss is still a concern for you, I strongly suggest that you start using an augment companion as these got a major buff with the new companion enhancement. That part of the new system could actually make your toon deal even more damage than what you currently do on live with a "striker" companion.

A full set of r15 + 2x r14 weapon/armor = 720 tokens.
    Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

> @arazith07 said:
    >
    > This is not meant to nullify the concerns people have over parts of the refinement change, for feedback is needed and not everything proposed is perfect. But people of this community tend to over-react and it's getting really tiresome in a game we are all supposed to have fun in.

Not perfect? The change I get. Whatever. They either had to raise the max level of enchants or do something like this to add progression.

What they didn't have to do, and why most people are mad and have every right to be so, is that they are taking MoPs out of the game with no equal trade in right after players just bought a lot of them because of the sale and having no trade in on rank 9 weapon and armor enchants after people spent real money on them. The rank 9 weapon enchant is still on the zen store. It's HAMSTER.

Congrats, you have actually looked into the changes and have some valid concerns, this post was not meant to nullify or attack the concerns people have.
    wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

where did @rainer#8575 show this ?

Why do you not upgrade gear while you are upgrading enchantments ?

Why do you ignore damage increase from item level and combat enchantment ?
    I'll post the chart from a few months ago once i get home from work. I'm not ignoring damage increase from combat enchant, but if a tank, most are going with damage resist, which is not going to improve threat. Yes, IL will go up and base damage goes up, but if you slot the cat, you get awareness, deflect, deflect sev, no offensive stats. You will lose close to 8% on pow and the others. The bump in the 4 offensive enchants will help 9k in stat vs the 5 offensive slots previous(assuming tank build and mostly defensive) at 300 stat each(1500 total), so we gain 7.5k stat on our offensive stats and lose 8k on each of the 5 because the 15k IL increase and only 7k combined rating. What gear is going to offset that. Still waiting to hear how this is going to help threat generation.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

This community is so toxic, whenever any change occurs, they are ranting and raving. Make content easier, OMG they are dumbing down the game! Make content harder, OMG they are catering to the 1%! Add higher levels of gear, OMG cash grab! Adds horizontal progression or skins, OMG I want progression! No matter what the developers do, people will scream and kick, and sometimes, it's even the same groups of people.

This is not meant to nullify the concerns people have over parts of the refinement change, for feedback is needed and not everything proposed is perfect. But people of this community tend to over-react and it's getting really tiresome in a game we are all supposed to have fun in.

This overall has been a very constructive thread with lots of valid concerns and decent suggestions and, yes, the usual noise that's called the internet. I agree crawling through can be a bit messy, but that's what you sign up for when doing feedback threads.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @arazith07 the real issue... and the issue I really have with the developers (and @noworries#8859 please be listening) is a lot of times they will come up with a new mechanic and system than move on to the newest shiny one instead of finishing fixing the first one. I know I harp on this topic a lot but they severely broke Crafting not just Mastercrafting with the level squish and then they still haven't fixed it (the fact that there's two Rank 18 crafting materials and one of them is unnecessary with the new Mastercraft is part of it.) Heck they were talking about how they were adding the Sharandar Mastercrafting OVER THREE MONTHS AGO and it's still not available on live. I personally think this change could end up great if 1. They take their time on it and possibly wait until Mod 23 to push this out and 2. do it in a way that's welcoming to new people without making the veterans feel like they've wasted their time and money. Listening to the feed back here through the noise of people who will never be happy is important. I'm ashamed to admit have spend almost $1000 a year (if not more some years) on this game in the past 6 years and I want to know I'm not losing value. And I do it mainly to trade Zen in for AD on the exchange (You're welcome I try to cut the wait down) so I can buy MOPs and back to this crafting materials I needed in the Trade Market or to buy the super expensive 1.5 million AD Sharandar Mastercrafting (if they EVER release it). And now there's no trade ins on the MOPS and that will go to waste. We just want to know we're being listened to, acknowledged and the constructive feedback being taken into consideration.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Another thing, you mentionned all these items giving a lot more item level and all, and I may be missing something but they don't give combined rating at all?

The new enchantments do give combined rating. A mythic 1500 item level Jade Enchantment for example gives 2250 Crit Strike (offense), 2250 Critical Avoidance (defense) or 2250 Outgoing Healing (utiltity) and 1350 Combined Rating.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The Allfather is wise!!
    Yeah, what he said.
    edited December 2021
    @olocancom

The new enchantments do give combined rating. A mythic 1500 item level Jade Enchantment for example gives 2250 Crit Strike (offense), 2250 Critical Avoidance (defense) or 2250 Outgoing Healing (utiltity) and 1350 Combined Rating.

Yes, those give combined rating. T he combat enchant replacing weapon/armor, is 4k IL in the rank 4 box and 5k IL maxed, and gives no combined rating. The companion runestone is equivalent in stat to the 6 being replaced, but combined rating removed, so at max rank 1500 IL, no combined rating. Same with bonus enchant, 1.5 IL, no rating. Thats 8k IL with no rating, effectively raising the gap of your IL and ratings by 8000(8%). Yes the 9 enchants from off/def/utility give combined rating, but the 3 that don't create a 8k hole, and the IL from the other 9 equates to a hole of 150 each, so another 1350 combined rating loss vs the IL. Yes, the stats help, 18000 between the 8 offense/defense slots at max rank giving 2250, but between 10 stats, that means youre covering on average 1.8k per stat, and need to cover 9.35k to keep %'s.
    edited December 2021
    stark760 said:

Yes, those give combined rating. T he combat enchant replacing weapon/armor, is 4k IL in the rank 4 box and 5k IL maxed, and gives no combined rating. The companion runestone is equivalent in stat to the 6 being replaced, but combined rating removed, so at max rank 1500 IL, no combined rating. Same with bonus enchant, 1.5 IL, no rating. Thats 8k IL with no rating, effectively raising the gap of your IL and ratings by 8000(8%). Yes the 9 enchants from off/def/utility give combined rating, but the 3 that don't create a 8k hole, and the IL from the other 9 equates to a hole of 150 each, so another 1350 combined rating loss vs the IL. Yes, the stats help, 18000 between the 8 offense/defense slots at max rank giving 2250, but between 10 stats, that means youre covering on average 1.8k per stat, and need to cover 9.35k to keep %'s.

Could you provide screenshots showing this 8% drop to every stat ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • dragon#1915 dragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"noworries#8859" said:
    > There has been a few people talking about how their main characters have good enchants but their alts have rank 8/9 because those were cheap/easy to get. The new enchants that are exchanged for are unbound, and there is no unslot cost to take them off your character. This means all of your characters can share the same enchantments.
    >
    > If someone is playing 5-10 different characters each play session that could be slightly tedious to move to the shared bank and back each time. I could look into a thing where an enchant could be turned in for a bound to account, can't be refined, can't be sold, can't be turned into RP account wide unlock enchant. Which means each character could have their own version, but I'm not sure how players would feel about that option since it does mean taking an enchant you could auction/sell and turns it into one that you can't do that with.

For the developer:

That would be great. I personally dont care about maximazing a character, I prefer having multiple decent geared characters, and the option to bind something so i can reclaim it to all of them sounds amazing. I dont understand your concern about how players would feel about it, since its optional and not obligatory, if you feel good about it as player you use it, if you dont feel good about it you dont use it.

The game is not very friendly for multiple characters so far, there have been some nice steps with account wide mounts and companions, BUT imagine the pain with all the other stuff: collars, insignias, companion gear, runestones, enchantments, artifacts, its hard to even be decent so you can enjoy most of the content with multiple characters/classes. Its a lot of work to even reach 40k IL to unlock sharandar for all the classes i like to play and I dont even want to start about having to complete all these campaigns/adventures with every character :/ (sigents are half measure) I believe that items that can be reclaimed to all your characters have way more value, you dont want to miss them, you feel more rewarded when you obtain them, even if you farmed it or bought it.

For the rest of you:

I usually don't get involved in forums (yes you don't care) because its full of negative people who cry about everything. Yes the game has problems... every game has problems... yes most free to play games are pay to win.. but crying for everything never helps. Most people cry without even undenstand what they read and the analogies that are presented to them. EXAMPLE: You demand to exchange old rank 15 (legendary) to new rank 5 (mythic), developer explains: if we don't change the system we add more ranks. Use some simple f'ing math here. If instead of the new system they just increase the cap at... lets say rank 20 (mythic), would you expect to exchange your rank 15 (legendary) to rank 20 (mythic) ??? Would you ??? so why now you ask for exchange to rank 5 (mythic) of the new system ???

Anyway, If you keep crying about everything, nothing is going to be fixed. Don't flood the developers with so much negativity, make thoughtfull comments, constructive critisism, tell ideas, report bugs, help the game get better. Some already trying to do it but they are minority. If you cannot be helpful and all you think is negative, maybe you need a break, go play another game. Maybe your absense will ring a stronger bell than your negativity does. Its the third time i return to this game, I play for sometime, and when I get bored and dont have fun anymore I dont blame the developers, I just move to another game and when I get bored of that too, I go to next again.
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    wilbur626 said:

If your damage/damage resistance/threat generation/healing is increased, does it really matter what %s are shown in your character sheet ?

Yes it matters, TIL unlocks the gates to content, particularly End Game content but it's your Total % Values that determine how effective your Chr is in scaled content which is basically everywhere else