test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @regenerde said:
    > ... but giving only a small percentage of players a fully new setup and letting them sell any leftovers is "good" for the economy?
    > Yeah, i think i understand it now, you and others making a huge profit through this exchange -> good for the economy.
    > Anyone else getting at least something out of the exchange -> bad for the economy.
    >
    > Btw. last time i checked, the "economy" got nuked by Knox Boxes, and i see not many actual complains about that either.
    >
    > As i said before, any enchantment/runestone from the exchange should be bound to account as they did it in the past, 0 to little impact on the economy that way.

I don’t understand the logic when he wants r15 to be traded for r5, as 3x r15 = 1x r2.

Exchanging owned enchantments to the same level you currently have would be the better option. I am not looking for profit, I just don’t understand why everyone should be able to exchange from the current max to the new max.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Everybody playing rn: You mad Masochists

tgwolf said:

The new meta will be to create a single set of enchants + alternates and transfer them from character to character as you play.

Annoying, yes. But a lot less costly overall.

The meta of running alts has died with changing from salvage/toon to salvage/acc imo. It wasn't good to have many toons for a while, I guess. When I started playing it was good to have 50 toons+, but lately (or until I stopped playing) people that went for endgame (not that I would know) didnt tinker with too many toons if they didn't want to spend 24/7 on this show
    In theory, this would be nice - but they change the meta of enchs way too often for this to be cool

More deletions. I guess my soulforged is gone now? Also deleting the choices regarding off/def combos.

Did SF even work properly :D
    I'm not talking about running 40 billion alts, just 1 of each class; so 9 characters in total.

Each running at least 1 loadout for each path.

Not having to keep a separate set of enchants for every single character will be much less costly and less of a hassle; if a biy tedious to transfer around.

But what is Neverwinter except putting up with the tedium of constantly ignored issues, hmm? Like the setting to turn on Proc. text STILL being missing from the option menu.

And yes, I will continue to bring it up until it gets fixed.

As for Soulforged, it does and always has worked great. I have used it exclusively for most of the game's life. The new version; Soul Shield, even more so.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    stark760 said:

If bondings still able to be turned in for 2.6 mil at rank 15, why are we getting 20 medallions at 40k value(800k) for every other type. And if they pull 2.6 mil clean AD, why 120 tokens for a max rank weapon enchant, 4.8 mil value, not AD. Not to mention that those were 1% on every upgrade, meaning coal wards, and never on bar store for 1k bars or 800 bars during discount. Seems like a lot less in return.

Well, can't find the tab for trading in Bonding Runestones for AD on the PTS any more - i'd say trade in every single Bonding Runestone you have right now, before they decide to remove the tab on the life server too.

It looks like you can trade in R10+ Bonding Runestones for Medallion of Enchantment like any other normal enchantment...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

We have to trade 3 rank 15 to get 1 new rank 2. And this will let us keep our item lvl.

Just a bit of a correction: You keep your item level, you LOSE stats thanks to some enchantments no longer having Combined Rating, meaning a 1% - 5% effective drop in your stats. So yeah, it's a nerf, but not only a nerf, but a step backward from where you were stated previously.

Can you eleborate on this please ?

If a player that has all 18x R15 enchantments (a total of 3600 item level) and trade them in, that will player will have 360 tokens. The player will afford to get 6 new R2 enchantments (3600 item level), leaving 4 slots open.
    The player then exchanges his 6x R15 runestones (1200 item level) for 120 tokens, this will be replaced with 2x R2 enchantments (1200 item level).
    The player then trades in his R14 armor and weapon enchantments (1600 item level) for 120 tokens each, affording him/her the missing R2 enchantments (1200 item level) and 1 companion enchantment (1200 item level).

Wouldnt this mean that player effectiveness and companion effectiveness will be increased and stat % will remain almost the same ?

Elite Whaleboy
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

We have to trade 3 rank 15 to get 1 new rank 2. And this will let us keep our item lvl.

Just a bit of a correction: You keep your item level, you LOSE stats thanks to some enchantments no longer having Combined Rating, meaning a 1% - 5% effective drop in your stats. So yeah, it's a nerf, but not only a nerf, but a step backward from where you were stated previously.

Can you eleborate on this please ?

If a player that has all 18x R15 enchantments (a total of 3600 item level) and trade them in, that will player will have 360 tokens. The player will afford to get 6 new R2 enchantments (3600 item level), leaving 4 slots open.
    The player then exchanges his 6x R15 runestones (1200 item level) for 120 tokens, this will be replaced with 2x R2 enchantments (1200 item level).
    The player then trades in his R14 armor and weapon enchantments (1600 item level) for 120 tokens each, affording him/her the missing R2 enchantments (1200 item level) and 1 companion enchantment (1200 item level).

Wouldnt this mean that player effectiveness and companion effectiveness will be increased and stat % will remain almost the same ?

You left off the 6 runestones that had combined rating...for obvious reasons.
    We lose combined rating of 5k on combat enchant, 1.5k on bonus, and 1.5k on runestone. So 8% on everything.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    wilbur626 said:

I don’t understand the logic when he wants r15 to be traded for r5, as 3x r15 = 1x r2.

Exchanging owned enchantments to the same level you currently have would be the better option. I am not looking for profit, I just don’t understand why everyone should be able to exchange from the current max to the new max.

Think the key is getting equal item level back for all players. You can't expect bis for bis because the system obviously is designed to add on top of the current R15, but on low-end characters you shouldn't just lose 2k+ item level either. Unless there will be additional sources of R1s (adventures, dungeon chests, lockboxes) the entry point to the new system is poorly thought out.

And again, this is especially painful for those with R9/R10 Weapon Enchantments. Those are not cheap and you will not be able to replace them.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    they shouldn't have never add rank 2 and rank 3 exchange in the first place and make all enchantment sloted character exchange for rank 1 pack each when sent to mail. everyone is happy and everyone starts at same level as if everyone had r15 in the past and now improve together from there, if u complaining about the color around the enchantment, i would look at it as a old increase in rank as from 15 to 16(green, new rank 1), 16 to 17(blue, new rank 2), 17 to 18(purple, new rank 3), 18 to 19(orange, new rank 4 ) and 19 to 20(cyan, new rank 5).
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User

stark760 said:

We lose combined rating of 5k on combat enchant, 1.5k on bonus, and 1.5k on runestone. So 8% on everything.

The lack of combined rating is an interesting aspect. Definitely smells like the system being designed to allow for higher item level and not capping all important stats like it is currently. Imho this will require even more specialized builds for scaled content where higher item level means nothing and you want to cap percentages as much as possible instead. Not saying it's bad, but if it is indeed the case this should have been better communicated.
    I would be all for this if scaled content actually became a challenge (so long as rewards were also appropriate), but doubt this will have any impact (Harper has a stream reward of "Naked Dungeon run", they healed LoMM with all their gear and comps removed. That's a big hit to %s).

Repear's is a good first step in re-using existing content, but as always it seems rushed and untested by real players (they vary from "just like a normal run" to "This is hell and no way 5x50k players can do it").

wilbur626 said:

Think the key is getting equal item level back for all players. You can't expect bis for bis because the system obviously is designed to add on top of the current R15, but on low-end characters you shouldn't just lose 2k+ item level either. Unless there will be additional sources of R1s (adventures, dungeon chests, lockboxes) the entry point to the new system is poorly thought out.

And again, this is especially painful for those with R9/R10 Weapon Enchantments. Those are not cheap and you will not be able to replace them.
    Players can still see on live, how much the turn in for a bonding rank15 is, 2.6 million AD. No undercutting and selling and losing 10% on top. 2.6 million. This system is going to give 800k credit in medallions. If you have extra and plan on selling an enchantment from the medallions, lose 10% immediate, after finding a buyer on AH, which will be flooded. Pretty easy to see that players will end up with around 720k AD per rank 15(if they can sell for that), a far cry from 2.6 mil AD from the bonding.

Each player will gain 4k IL from combat enchant, 1.2k from companion runestone(both from rank 4 box), and 600 IL from rank 2 bonus. That's 5.8k swing in combined rating loss immediate. The only thing masking it, is them giving, for 1 week, rank 4 of each type in off/def, close to 2k per stat. When you slot the rank 2, its noticable, and only gets worse if enchants in offense/ defense, aren't the desired stat(say slot awareness on tank....crit avoid goes down drastic if you dont slot 1.
  • narketnarket Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    regenerde said:

wilbur626 said:

> @jbear79 said:
    > Not sure I see where you think that would ruin the economy. I trade in MY 3 r15s for a new rank 2 > I trade in my rank 2 for a bound rank 2 > I can no longer trade it or influence the economy with it by selling it > I claim it on my alt that had rank9 enchantments and which was never going to get any better enchantments > My alt gains a very nice replacement of the equivalent of 3 r15s for the now useless r9s that he was running.
    >
    > How would you see that as ruining the economy?
    >
    > Because I would no longer need to consider buying r2's for my alts? I would never have considered that anyway. How would that effect the economy even if I did? Because I'm not going to sink ad into buying expensive enchantments for my mostly unloved toons?
    >
    > If I could equip my alts with a decent set of enchantments and achieve a decent balance to their stats I might actually start liking them ... and might start investing in equipping them with other things they are lacking ...
    >
    >
    > I mean these are all mights - but I'm not seeing the destruction of the economy. Seeing your follow up post I can tell you are upset and probably don't want to discuss things. That's completely understandable. But if you would be willing to share the angle you are seeing that maybe I'm missing, I'd be interested in understanding what you mean.
    >
    > Edit: Do you mean exclusively the trade in of new r5's as an option? Again, I think if you did the above, ranked up your new rank 2s to rank 5s and then handed them in to make them bound - yes that would be a great boon for all alts, but again not seeing how this could effect the economy either honestly.

You wrote : « If I could exchange a fully upgraded enchantment for a bound fully upgraded enchantment I could then claim on my alts, I would actually consider that a fantastic option»

Trading a current fully upgraded enchantment (r15) for a new fully upgraded enchantment (rank 5) is what I think would be bad for the economy

... but giving only a small percentage of players a fully new setup and letting them sell any leftovers is "good" for the economy?
    Yeah, i think i understand it now, you and others making a huge profit through this exchange -> good for the economy.
    Anyone else getting at least something out of the exchange -> bad for the economy.

Btw. last time i checked, the "economy" got nuked by Knox Boxes, and i see not many actual complains about that either.

As i said before, any enchantment/runestone from the exchange should be bound to account as they did it in the past, 0 to little impact on the economy that way.
    Giving "functional" enchantments in the new system to people who had that level of enchantments for free would wreck the economy, because the new system has been created to reset the bar. I dont like it either, it will cripple my account, but that is what is happening. I got to Item level 30k with a solid "whew" and brought my other characters up behind that guy, now I am starting at an effective 25k(ish) lead character who cant break into the new grind. With all my characters completed in the adventures I dont see a way for them to fix anything for me.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I have nothing against the new interface for enchants.
    I don't mind the rework of "normal" enchants as I was somehow expecting some new ranks.

However, removing the current choice of weapon/armor enchant and removing the possibility to slot both weapon and armor enchantments is a slap in the face. We DO like our weapon/armor enchants as they are, and the choices you offer are pointless (e.g the ridiculous shield of the reworked prominence enchant) or worse, these new enchants are going to weaken the class balance that is currently not bad at all. I am also afraid these new enchants are not working properly (e.g using the thorn enchant on a warlock makes him hit for zero damage from many sources).
    Please keep the current weapon/armor enchants.

Besides, exchanging our maxed enchants will grant us only 720 medallons whereas buying a full set of newest r2 enchants + one weapon/armor enchant costs 840 medallons. It is a ripoff of 120 medallons which equals to one weapon/armor enchant. Easy fix: Please revise the value of exchange or even better, add back another slot for weapon or armor enchant so that we can have a good equivalence with the current system.
    Please also think to the people who have a bunch or r12/r13 etc: they should get good value enchants in the new system.

Another thing that bothers me is the too wide gap between each enchant rank (item level and stat). You should narrow them just like in the current system (as a reminder, there is only 30 points of stat difference more stat in a current r15 vs a r14): people will not feel punished to have a rank 2 rather than a rank 3, considering you are alredy forcing them to get a "blue" rank rather than a maxed r15. You are not obliged to narrow that much but you should definitely reduce the gap between the green rank and the mythic rank. Alternatively, you could revise the new ranks so that we get r3 enchants for our r15: having an epic rank-mid tier is more acceptable psychologically.

Last thing, it could be nice to have some universal slots.
    And I would like two utility slots or more choice for the enchant to be slot into it: I would like forte/movement for instance
    and not a single stat.

Note: you were complaining that some enchants were not used. To tell you the truth, the ones less used do not make sense (e.g the ones that are activating their fancy effect on a daily power, considering that we cannot use daily powers often) or it is just because they are half-bugged (e.g flaming and its "clogging" that prevents it from being really effective).

Note2: it is nice that the new enchants you can get are not bound to account. In my personal case, I have 3 toons with their own gear and enchants (95% not bound except heart of fire enchant or gift enchants) and I wouldn't stand to exchange what I PAID for some bound stuff.
  • hardrockl1lhardrockl1l Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi @noworries#8859 , so even Weapon and Armor enchants at below rank 10 are not tradable in?
    You know that Weapon and Armor enchants are expensive for folks to upgrade and have to use co wards as well even from shards to rank 7, and then rank 8–10 and so on. Yet the trade in value for a rank 10 is 40k rADs, not even close to a faction that players have to spent to get those enchants up to rank 10. All enchants including weapons and armor enchants rank 7 - 9 should be tradable in. Please also give us the exchange value = total cost players have to spend to get different types of MOPs, Pres wards and or co wards just to rank up each rank from 7 to higher ranks.
    While I do understand you gals and guys are trying to simplify enchants to just a few enchants for simplifying the coding, combat calculations, enchants management, etc., but this change w. the exchange values just aren’t fair to players.
    Also, do keep in mind that you will NEED to update your lockboxes, your Enchantment Choice packs from Zen store and Adventuring Campaigns, Dungeon chest rewards/loot table, Events’ Store/Rewards to STOP dropping any old types of enchants rank 7 - 9.
    It is like you step forward 1 step to the right direction, and then you step backward not just 2 steps. but a big whopper of backward directions to about killing even more players based including the new players and returning players who just find something good to return or try the game with this Mod21!!! It’s very frustrating! I am a veteran player from almost Day1 on console, and from Mod15 with A.I.campaign forward, I kept seeing friends, guild members, good players leaving the game each Mod! I even run a NW Xbox One FB group to help players in NW community with game info, etc…through each Mod, but this one is very hard to support you and PW company with these greedy scheme this past 2 years. Tbh, if it wasn’t for the remaining friends and members of my guild, I would have walked away from the game since your combat changes in Feb. this year. Now with this change of enchantments, I am debating to continue w. NW or find another game for me and my crew to try out and enjoy.

• dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

It would be nice if you can keep the colors/colours for the stats on the enchants the same as they currently are. I will try to put a table thing to show how you switched them up and what I am asking that you change them to. As it currently is on Preview, only the Combat Advantage (offense stat) Enchantment remains the same colour, since both Tactical (current) and Amethyst (preview) are purple.

Statistic----------Current----------Preview-----------Suggestion
    Power-----------Yellow (Radiant)---Red (Garnet)--------Yellow (Citrine)
    Accuracy---------Grey (Silvery)-----Yellow (Citrine)-----Green (Jade)
    Crit. Strike-------Blue (Azure)------Green (Jade)--------Blue (Cobalt)
    Crit. Severity-----Red (Dark)--------Blue (Cobalt)-------Red (Garnet)
    Combat Adv.-----Purple (Tactical)---Purple (Amethyst)---Purple (Amethyst)

stark760 said:

The lack of combined rating is an interesting aspect. Definitely smells like the system being designed to allow for higher item level and not capping all important stats like it is currently. Imho this will require even more specialized builds for scaled content where higher item level means nothing and you want to cap percentages as much as possible instead. Not saying it's bad, but if it is indeed the case this should have been better communicated.
    It will harder to specialize builds now, since weapon/armor enchants are merged into 6 total(3 for tank, 3 for dps), and enchantments that had flexibility(3 way splits) are also gone. No barkshield, means anything requiring temp shield...gone. No eclipse, no recharge of stamina. No runestone to balance stats. Curious to see if multiple of the same combat enchantment stack, or is it going to be where only 1 really works in party, if 3 are wearing same one.
    > @stark760 said:
    > You left off the 6 runestones that had combined rating...for obvious reasons.

We have 12 runestones now?
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited December 2021
    wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

The combined rating that was taken away from the 6 runestones...better?

We lose around 1% on all stats just from that change.
    stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

I copied my current build to preview to check out this horrible stat loss and I fail to understand what all the fuss is about ;

Is it the fact that it will be harder to reach 90% (even if there is an increase in damage/damage resistance) ?

Or is the problem how this new system will work with scaling ? If so, wouldnt that be another problem with the already problematic scaling system ?

Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

I copied my current build to preview to check out this horrible stat loss and I fail to understand what all the fuss is about ;

Is it the fact that it will be harder to reach 90% (even if there is an increase in damage/damage resistance) ?

Or is the problem how this new system will work with scaling ? If so, wouldnt that be another problem with the already problematic scaling system ?

Guessing you have an augment slotted, getting 7.5k on 3 stats then. The loss in stat is there, minus the tinkering you did. You lost 4.4% def, 5.7% crit avoid, deflect went up, why im assuming you slotted augment, 5.6% on acc, etc. Looks like you slotted augment with combat, deflect, deflect sev, or slotted all def to 1 of those stats to mask the loss. Go ahead and summon reg comp and show the stats. they will all go down the 5.5% or so acc, crit avoid, etc did. Only the augment stopped that, but im guessing you knew that, but just didnt want to say thats the only option to not lose that % on every stat.
    edited December 2021
    stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

stark760 said:

wilbur626 said:

> @stark760 said:

Guessing you have an augment slotted, getting 7.5k on 3 stats then. The loss in stat is there, minus the tinkering you did. You lost 4.4% def, 5.7% crit avoid, deflect went up, why im assuming you slotted augment, 5.6% on acc, etc. Looks like you slotted augment with combat, deflect, deflect sev, or slotted all def to 1 of those stats to mask the loss. Go ahead and summon reg comp and show the stats. they will all go down the 5.5% or so acc, crit avoid, etc did. Only the augment stopped that, but im guessing you knew that, but just didnt want to say thats the only option to not lose that % on every stat.
    Im using the Cat augment both on live and preview, the gearing/companions/insignia/boons are identical. The only change is the enchantments and the combat enchantment (orange/far right screenshot).

Is the % loss that you are able to identify so severe that 10% Damage Resistance and close to 10% HP is not able to make up for it ?

It would be kinda stupid to compare a live build to a preview build if they were not the same imho.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    Feedback: I just did the math on maxing enchants for 12 slots and it’s staggering the amount of AD and Zen needed. This got me thinking about playing alts and the proposal for an account wide enchant. Instead of having a reclaimable account wide enchant I propose making a “shared bank” of sorts for the enchants. Each character can associate enchants from this shared bank with their loadout. When the character logs out the enchants are unequipped and returned to the shared bank. When the next character logs in it pulls the associated enchants and equips them. Same for changing loadouts, unequip and re-equip them.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • lordmelchett#1830 lordmelchett Member Posts: 38 Arc User

@noworries#8859
    Feedback: I just did the math on maxing enchants for 12 slots and it’s staggering the amount of AD and Zen needed. This got me thinking about playing alts and the proposal for an account wide enchant. Instead of having a reclaimable account wide enchant I propose making a “shared bank” of sorts for the enchants. Each character can associate enchants from this shared bank with their loadout. When the character logs out the enchants are unequipped and returned to the shared bank. When the next character logs in it pulls the associated enchants and equips them. Same for changing loadouts, unequip and re-equip them.

Definitely agree with this suggestion.
    Maybe add a button that moves all enchants to shared bank.
    Then Having a "save enchant setup" button and a "load setup" button that can take enchants from shared bank and slot them in according to the saved setup.

That would be a great improvement.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Yes with the old system, the enchants on my alts worked and I didn’t have to switch one good enchant between them all.
    I will now though.
    So less play with the alts, less buying things because razing them up is too expensive and we all know what’s in the Zen store is obsolete every next mod.