test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus Treasure Map Chests: The drop table

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Yeah, well, I'd like to see a lot more maps than the piddling amount I've had in my characters' hands so far.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @adinosii it's easy enough to get 20 or 30 a day on maps? you sure about that? it sure hasn't been my experience. I spent 6 hours in that zone and got 1. I've spent about an hour in that zone a few other times and got zero. how long are you spending there farming for that many? and where and what are you farming?
  • northwind1974northwind1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I can't speak for others but I get 10 a hour on average. I look for low populated instances, clear the mobs and then go to another instance. I do not wait for the mobs to respawn. Sometimes the instance has 1 map, 2 maps or 0 maps... just clear and move.

I collect maps for a couple of days, then go open, so as not to waist farming time.

I can't speak for others but I get 10 a hour on average. I look for low populated instances, clear the mobs and then go to another instance. I do not wait for the mobs to respawn. Sometimes the instance has 1 map, 2 maps or 0 maps... just clear and move.

I collect maps for a couple of days, then go open, so as not to waist farming time.

ty I'll try that
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Agree.

When the game seems to be designed to HAMSTER you off - not going to support it financially.

When the content is released broken and obvious mistakes from previous releases ignored and repeated (i.e. need to land killing blow or do the most damage to get a drop & a big FU to tanks and healers) - not going to support it financially.

Its not even a Pay Vs Play trade off here (which imo is fair), its just how much HAMSTER game play can we put up with.

There is some talk in the forums about taking on feedback and improving things, but I don't see anything in the actual game itself that indicates that the Dev team gives a HAMSTER about what it is like to play the game. Sometimes it's like the goal is to make it as frustrating as possible.

Understand that you can't just gift everyone the best weapon set, and there needs to be reward to those that grind away for hours, days weeks to obtain stuff. But the RNG within RNG and the likely chance that you could spend weeks / months grinding for nothing is not something that appeals to me, so - not going to support it financially.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'm pleased to see that the treasure chests thing has been addressed for players.

It hasn't been a positive gaming experience recently. Rage of Bel had all those bugs and system design issues, the 90 insurgencies I did without getting the rod I wanted was frustrating, and then when the new module launched and I was confronted with sudden healing changes, more RNG on RNG in the form of the treasure chests, more bugs and another trial which was accessible only to those in larger guilds, I just concluded that enough was enough.

I've been playing a different game recently and have only popped on once or twice to Neverwinter in the last few weeks to say hello to a few people. All gaming companies need to appreciate that if they don't provide fun and engaging content, then players will go elsewhere.

adinosii said:

Treasure Maps

• Drop rate for treasure maps will be increased.
    • Maps will drop from minion rank.
    • There will be an increased chance of getting the weapons when rolling for gear.
    Rage of Bel
    • Dented Rod drop rate will be increased.
    Now....what's this? Fixes to a number of issues? Whining actually works? Wonders never cease!

On a serious note - those issues will "fix" the issues players are having, but really, someone needs to consider the real underlying problem.

Here is what I think may be happening:
    • Someone, somewhere, is looking at a shiny little dashboard, displaying various graphs and information about the game and the players.
    • If the graph for "Zen purchases" shows a worrying downtrend, we get a surprise offer (like the 3x Legendary mount pack).
    • If the graph for "New player accounts created" shows a downtrend, we get some promo meant to draw new players in.
    • However, there is no graph for "Average player enjoyment" - obviously because that cannot be easily measured. So, someone came up with the "bright" idea of measuring average time players spend in the game per day. More fun, more time spent playing, right ? Well...not exactly

Dev1: As you can see from the graph, the average player is spending 47 minutes per day on the game, down from 56 minutes last year.
    Dev2: Indeed, this is a worrying trend. We really need to encourage them to play more.
    Dev3: Maybe they do not find the game fun...we should make the game more fun.
    Dev1: Not a good idea, Dev3. We cannot measure this mythical "fun".
    Dev2: I know - we will add some items that everyone will want, and then make sure they have to grind for a long time for a low chance of actually get the items. If they have to spend, say, a hundred hours on that, it should push the numbers up.
    Dev1: Brilliant idea, Dev1. I'll make sure you get credited with it in the next performance review.
    Dev3: But this isn't fun. If players had more fun, they would spend more time playing.
    Dev 1 Stop babbling about this "fun" You are spending too much time playing the game, and not enough looking at the numbers. If you want to keep your job, focus on the important things!

I hope I'm wrong, though.....
    LMAO so CYNICAL... (but so true......)
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Treasure Maps

• Drop rate for treasure maps will be increased.
    • Maps will drop from minion rank.
    • There will be an increased chance of getting the weapons when rolling for gear.
    Rage of Bel
    • Dented Rod drop rate will be increased.
    Now....what's this? Fixes to a number of issues? Whining actually works? Wonders never cease!

On a serious note - those issues will "fix" the issues players are having, but really, someone needs to consider the real underlying problem.

Here is what I think may be happening:
    • Someone, somewhere, is looking at a shiny little dashboard, displaying various graphs and information about the game and the players.
    • If the graph for "Zen purchases" shows a worrying downtrend, we get a surprise offer (like the 3x Legendary mount pack).
    • If the graph for "New player accounts created" shows a downtrend, we get some promo meant to draw new players in.
    • However, there is no graph for "Average player enjoyment" - obviously because that cannot be easily measured. So, someone came up with the "bright" idea of measuring average time players spend in the game per day. More fun, more time spent playing, right ? Well...not exactly

Dev1: As you can see from the graph, the average player is spending 47 minutes per day on the game, down from 56 minutes last year.
    Dev2: Indeed, this is a worrying trend. We really need to encourage them to play more.
    Dev3: Maybe they do not find the game fun...we should make the game more fun.
    Dev1: Not a good idea, Dev3. We cannot measure this mythical "fun".
    Dev2: I know - we will add some items that everyone will want, and then make sure they have to grind for a long time for a low chance of actually get the items. If they have to spend, say, a hundred hours on that, it should push the numbers up.
    Dev1: Brilliant idea, Dev1. I'll make sure you get credited with it in the next performance review.
    Dev3: But this isn't fun. If players had more fun, they would spend more time playing.
    Dev 1 Stop babbling about this "fun" You are spending too much time playing the game, and not enough looking at the numbers. If you want to keep your job, focus on the important things!

I hope I'm wrong, though.....
    I think you are pretty much spot on. Look at the poor state of all events, which were a big part of the fun before.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    With the scaling I hate running random dungeons. What used to be 10 mins to beat temple of spider or cragmire has turned into 30 or 40 yet the rewards are still purple gear that dont hold a candle to the FREE gear you get. Black opal as best reward when you spend that much time is insane. Fix the rewards even if you just plug in rank 5 enchanting stones. I can breeze thru tomb of the 9 gods with 2 people faster than a full group in earlier dungeons.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    any chance these changes made it into TODAYS PATCH for PC?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

It seems there is no patch nor reboot for PC today...
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

It seems there is no patch nor reboot for PC today...
    yeas i was hoping it would be today but i guess ill just wait logging back in till after patch

• louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    After the patch today the drop rate of treasure maps seems average one map per 100 mobs and the chance of getting the weapon set is super easy compare to what was before. Unless you have very bad luck, you should be able to get the set after 50 maps. You may get 3 or 4 main hands or off hands first before you get the full set. If things remain the same, I would say everyone should be able to get the full set within 3 to 6 hours of farming. That is my own experience after doing it on three characters/toons with 29K IL. I had open about 300 maps since the start of mod. 19 and I did not cheat.
    Post edited by louchristan on
    first two treasure chests this morning - MH and OH, thank you.

Gone from nearly impossible to super easy

Now its too easy
  • loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    Its not too easy. Been farming since patch.. 94 maps giving ONE offhand.
    Lots of boots, shirts, bracers and Hammers to start a shop.. no MH.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    LOL I had not noticed this thread till now. That's how much I've been hitting the forum lately. After reading the threads around the launch date, I decided to wait a month to start the campaign. After seeing the pitiful drop rate for the maps from just doing the quests, I had resigned myself to just get the boons and use the maps at the end. If I get the legion set, great. If not, I'm fine with the hellfire set. Now that it looks super easy to get the legion set, maybe I should use the few maps I have now before the devs decide it is too easy. It will save me the trouble of running HEs to restore the hellfire set.

LOL I had not noticed this thread till now. That's how much I've been hitting the forum lately. After reading the threads around the launch date, I decided to wait a month to start the campaign. After seeing the pitiful drop rate for the maps from just doing the quests, I had resigned myself to just get the boons and use the maps at the end. If I get the legion set, great. If not, I'm fine with the hellfire set. Now that it looks super easy to get the legion set, maybe I should use the few maps I have now before the devs decide it is too easy. It will save me the trouble of running HEs to restore the hellfire set.

I'd get them fast, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get nerfed again - I got 2 sets on two toons in approx 15-20 maps. Prior to the patch - maybe 100+ maps and got nothing. With this level of ease, every party will be running 5x legion set

imo they struggle to fine tune their RNG, its either drop rate is super rare or common, hard to get something in between

Get em whilst the going is good
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

I'd get them fast, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get nerfed again - I got 2 sets on two toons in approx 15-20 maps. Prior to the patch - maybe 100+ maps and got nothing. With this level of ease, every party will be running 5x legion set

imo they struggle to fine tune their RNG, its either drop rate is super rare or common, hard to get something in between

Get em whilst the going is good
    I went ahead and spent the whole weekend knocking this out on my five toons. It took 9, 10, 14, 18, and 31 maps (there is always that one toon that seem to be cursed when it comes to RNG). One toon I queued up for REQ as dps and got both pieces before the queue popped. LOL. This tweak is definitely kind of nuts. It will probably be dialed back.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I went ahead and spent the whole weekend knocking this out on my five toons. It took 9, 10, 14, 18, and 31 maps (there is always that one toon that seem to be cursed when it comes to RNG).

That's...high. An average of 16,4 maps to get a set would mean a drop rate of 18.3% I think you were a bit lucky.

Hoping for improvements...
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Just to update my own experience of drop rate. You still can get no map at all for an hour farming but you can also get more than 10 maps or more. The inconsistency is way too high to get any fun out of it even if you like RNG. Getting the Legion set is the same. Open more than 60 maps still not necessary get you the full set but you can also get the full set with just 5 maps. I don't have time to farm for more maps to see the better picture and I only did this because the game is so boring now that I try to find something different to do.

Just to update my own experience of drop rate. You still can get no map at all for an hour farming but you can also get more than 10 maps or more.

It is almost as if some instances are "broken" in this respect. My advice is to go to some location like Haruman's Hill, start gilling the groups just inside the gate...if no maps have dropped within a couple of minutes, switch instances ....otherwise do a full round of the area and then switch instances. 20+ maps/hour easy.

Based on data I colleced, and information from guild mates and others, I am guessing the weapon drop rate went from 1% to 10%. This means that on the average people will get a set after using 30 maps instead of 300. It also means that some people can open 50+ maps without getting a set, but still...it's a big improvement. Maybe too big.... if the drop rate had initially been likd 3-5% we would have avoided the annoyance.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User

Will they keep up with the lower tier boons in future or may we expect a chance at top tier boons?
    Would running focused retaliation and blood lust be too complex a formula to prevent overpowering players? My selection of boon choices is becoming far less attractive, considering that I took all the previous boons chosen first, before these became available.
    As a penultimate prize, short of defeating Zarriel herself, the stats increases seem a little underwhelming.

Will they keep up with the lower tier boons in future or may we expect a chance at top tier boons?
    Would running focused retaliation and blood lust be too complex a formula to prevent overpowering players? My selection of boon choices is becoming far less attractive, considering that I took all the previous boons chosen first, before these became available.
    As a penultimate prize, short of defeating Zarriel herself, the stats increases seem a little underwhelming.

Did you post this in the wrong thread by any chance? This is totally irrelevant here.