test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus Treasure Map Chests: The drop table

13»

Comments

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Just to update my own experience of drop rate. You still can get no map at all for an hour farming but you can also get more than 10 maps or more.

It is almost as if some instances are "broken" in this respect. My advice is to go to some location like Haruman's Hill, start gilling the groups just inside the gate...if no maps have dropped within a couple of minutes, switch instances ....otherwise do a full round of the area and then switch instances. 20+ maps/hour easy.

Based on data I colleced, and information from guild mates and others, I am guessing the weapon drop rate went from 1% to 10%. This means that on the average people will get a set after using 30 maps instead of 300. It also means that some people can open 50+ maps without getting a set, but still...it's a big improvement. Maybe too big.... if the drop rate had initially been likd 3-5% we would have avoided the annoyance.
    I would just be happy if i could trade in my 4 off-hands for one main hand!

Oh well gonna go play something else for a bit, Bel already has me frustrated with the hundreds of fights I have done and not gotten a rod piece. Maybe they should add a trade in store or something so as to make the life of those of us who are never smiled upon by RNG!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I went ahead and spent the whole weekend knocking this out on my five toons. It took 9, 10, 14, 18, and 31 maps (there is always that one toon that seem to be cursed when it comes to RNG).

That's...high. An average of 16,4 maps to get a set would mean a drop rate of 18.3% I think you were a bit lucky.

My experience points at a weapon droprate of around 10% from chests.

Because of duplicate drops the droprate for the second part will be only 5%.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

My experience points at a weapon droprate of around 10% from chests.

Agree. This is what I posted yesterday in a different thread:
    adinosii said:

Based on the reports I have seen, or gotten from people in my alliance and elsewhere, I belive the drop rate for the weapons is close to 10%. That would mean that on the average people need to use 30 maps to get a set - something which should only take a few hours. While this is a big improvement over the (estimated) 1% drop rate initially, I still feel if it would have been better if the drop rate had been like 3-4% from the start.

As it is, people can get their Legion set in one day and (on the PC) have probably finished the Avernus campaign now, including getting all the boons, and are feeling a bit bored until the 18th.

Now, I don't know exactly what we will be getting then - my guess is we may see the release of the IL 1250 "Blessed" set at that point, which means we can start chasing yet another set. Then again, it is just a guess...we'll see.

Hoping for improvements...
  • batailleusebatailleuse Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    i for one will disagree,

maybe for players with already BiS gears its not worth it, but when you do an Alt, like i did lqst week to play with my brother who just started the game, being able to go with blood and sweat to avernus on our own right after doing UM campaign, and getting a full 1225 + the forged weapons set after farming maps a few hours on a toon that was created less than 48h ago felt rewarding.