test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Adjustments - Part 2

Comments

• hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    With ME's, WE's and FE's being the most prevalent endgame (sorta) content options, being almost unable to avoid runes with Shadowslip is more than a little annoying indeed

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    i look at shadow slip the way i used to look at the old paladin shield that didn't block as soon as you pressed shift, on the other side they fixed warlock's bargain and me debuffs, so now i always have a loadout with soulweaver ready to cleanse the debuff at the nearest campfire (wich is still annoying but is better than nothing)
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Shadow slip was another covert nerf to the warlock.

You have Shadow Slip, one of the fastest movement tools in the game. It has a 1 second immunity frame you can use to avoid most attacks.

He he he he, but it has the lowest priority so it NEVER WORKS! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ......

At least that's how it looks to me.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

Shadow slip was another covert nerf to the warlock.

You have Shadow Slip, one of the fastest movement tools in the game. It has a 1 second immunity frame you can use to avoid most attacks.

He he he he, but it has the lowest priority so it NEVER WORKS! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ......

At least that's how it looks to me.

Plus a delay of the immunity, plus a delay of the stamina recharge. Why the fk are we the only class to have recharge delay???

I tested the dark prayers feat now its wai. Doesn't proc from curse bite kills, can't mantain stacks so on the next group i'm out of SI stacks until i kill everything. Now i have a feat that is kind of useful for a soulweaver path. Removed kf from soulweaver, now is a pain in the bottom to deal with arcturia's mimics.
    Curse bite still sometimes double cast, with one hit doing no damage and removing the charge.
    All classes got an increase due to the change of the formula, we stayed the same.
    No decent cc skills for a mage class.
    An encounter that does 55 mag… why the fk would i use it when i can use an at Will that has no cooldown and a faster cast time. Think things through omg.
    No reaction to crappy death feat also.
    Every dps class has multipliers of a lot of % (hr focused 25%, tr 15% expertise plus 10% target just to name some), i don't understand the necesity of removing hellfire expertise

HAMSTER fix the class already
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    we probably won't see any more changes until mod 18 (if we are lucky), HAMSTER they probably don't even read the posts unless is like that one from that dude that said he is happy with the changes made and warlocks are in a better place
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2019

QUote from above:

I tested the dark prayers feat now its wai. Doesn't proc from curse bite kills, can't mantain stacks so on the next group i'm out of SI stacks until i kill everything. Now i have a feat that is kind of useful for a soulweaver path. Removed kf from soulweaver, now is a pain in the bottom to deal with arcturia's mimics.
    Curse bite still sometimes double cast, with one hit doing no damage and removing the charge.
    All classes got an increase due to the change of the formula, we stayed the same.
    No decent cc skills for a mage class.
    An encounter that does 55 mag… why the fk would i use it when i can use an at Will that has no cooldown and a faster cast time. Think things through omg.
    No reaction to crappy death feat also.
    Every dps class has multipliers of a lot of % (hr focused 25%, tr 15% expertise plus 10% target just to name some), i don't understand the necesity of removing hellfire expertise
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just also tested dark prayers, this is NOT doing what it should do at all, i.e. go in, you have a puppet already (assume as this is how I tested it), curse all mobs, CB all mobs, tons of mobs die, and you MAYBE get one stack of SI.

Please please please give us some love, our mechanics DO NOT WORK on dps side correctly. :(
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User

......snp.....
    I just also tested dark prayers, this is NOT doing what it should do at all, i.e. go in, you have a puppet already (assume as this is how I tested it), curse all mobs, CB all mobs, tons of mobs die, and you MAYBE get one stack of SI.

Please please please give us some love, our mechanics DO NOT WORK on dps side correctly. :(

Mechanic works just fine.. Curse bite consumes the curse, i.e. removes it), so if it kills a mob, that is NOT a cursed mob dying. Hence dark prayers is not triggered,
    I would love for the consuming of the curse to be after the mob dies, but that seems to just not be how it works right now..
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    No mention that Warlock has a lack of crit severity resources (Devastating Critical is our only class crit severity buff) when Wizards, Rangers and Barbarian have more tools to have more crit severity, it should be good if we can have at least a 15% more crit severity buff from Hellfire Expertise, now that you decide to take off our 25% damage buff. Tyrannical Curse still being bugged, at least the shared AoE damage, never crits, it's constantly deflected even with capped Stats. We haven't AoE at-wills (E.Blast isn't worth to mention) I can't understand why the AoE penalty for Fiery Bolt.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    hrakh said:

......snp.....

Mechanic works just fine.. Curse bite consumes the curse, i.e. removes it), so if it kills a mob, that is NOT a cursed mob dying. Hence dark prayers is not triggered,
    I would love for the consuming of the curse to be after the mob dies, but that seems to just not be how it works right now..
    indeed it is wai, but its just so no-brainer. The power that we use to kill is the power that breaks the class feature. Everything on the warlock is like that, all punishment like when you cast ss to reduce cooldowns, but you stick with a horrible casting time and decreased dps. We must have done something really bad to be punished like this everytime
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019

When you look at it like that, it really does seem ludicrous.
    But it is aoe. Sometimes I'm faceplanting a dozen enemies at once, and then it's decent damage. And I use it in conjunction with my Slyblade and Hellfire Ring and Blades - so they're getting a face full of broken swords and hellfire at 8% more damage. But more often it's only knocking down half of a mob at best. So for me the low magnitude is less of an issue than the fact that its narrow arc makes it just barely useful. Especially when you consider the glitchy problems that develop when you're moving or shadow slipping to get more enemies.

I'd be much, much happier with Arms if they operated more like Hand of Valindra - a 360 degree swipe without the damage immunity, or even a 180 degree clap. But a narrow 40 degrees at that low magnitude. It's not great. Or even good. It's just okay.
  • alandudualandudu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    SS should apply curse, summon a puppet, and add a SI stack on top of what it does now!
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    is sad this warlock change.garlaaanx post a good vid on yutube about this nerf.i suggest dev to give a look ,or play endgame with a hellbringer yea try full hellbringer pty(except for tanks and healer) in tomm (lol) and post a vid here. try full wizard pty and say to us again we balanced well lol im happy im just login for daily key but damn is so strange if i was wizard of the coast i feel angry if my d&d fan drop every day from my game :)
  • mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    So all this work on the warlock to just go in a big circle and land right back in the same spot we were before the changes. And i think the entire warlock community would love to be able to actually DPS in TOMM but in the current meta that is not an option.
  • hotlafi#4843 hotlafi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'm thinking they just wanted to get all characters on the same formulas. Test it live. Then, hopefully, make adjustments. If they have to, they can take baby steps by just adding back the damage bonus of Hellfire Expertise.
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    unfortunately its not quite so simple as just adding back hellfire expertise to how it was since magnitudes have already been adjusted to roughly a 25% increase, while it would be a simple "fix" for an increase in damage, it keeps the status quo of killing flames being the only really decent encounter we have.

Killing flames damage is fine, though I would prefer them to ditch the whole " does more damage vs low health" part for a fixed magnitude of 700. Its everything else that is lacking.

Curses, for such a large part of the abilities are extremely poor, curse consume is a punishing mechanic, with abilities being bad to start with and only becoming mediocre with a curse interaction, they should be bonus effects, not mandatory or the encounter sucks.
    lesser curse damage is basically Zero, simply bumping this up to 20 magnitude damage instantly and 80 magnitude over 8 seconds would be a huge improvement to any spec.

In fact removing curse consume completely and replacing with synergy only would be a big improvement.

Parting blasphemy is a 1 trick pony, adding 75 magnitude to cursebite, in every other circumstance its a bad option compared to warlocks curse, especially since this is now a 12% buff up from 10%.

If theres going to be changes, an increase in magnitudes across the board ( except for cursebite, killing flames and soulscorch) is needed, but its still only a "band aid" fix and doesn't really address the fact that several encounters, feats, class features and dailies are pretty much redundant or have extremely limited use in very narrow circumstances.
    What is the point in trimming down the specs to only 10 feats, 10 encounters, 8 class features and 5 dailies when half of them are rubbish.

• edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User

When you look at it like that, it really does seem ludicrous.
    But it is aoe. Sometimes I'm faceplanting a dozen enemies at once, and then it's decent damage. And I use it in conjunction with my Slyblade and Hellfire Ring and Blades - so they're getting a face full of broken swords and hellfire at 8% more damage. But more often it's only knocking down half of a mob at best. So for me the low magnitude is less of an issue than the fact that its narrow arc makes it just barely useful. Especially when you consider the glitchy problems that develop when you're moving or shadow slipping to get more enemies.

I'd be much, much happier with Arms if they operated more like Hand of Valindra - a 360 degree swipe without the damage immunity, or even a 180 degree clap. But a narrow 40 degrees at that low magnitude. It's not great. Or even good. It's just okay.
    For Soulweavers, the reason to use Arms of Hadar instead of an at will is because no SW should be running All Consuming Curse if they can help it. We have three very good class features that make a tangible difference: Shadow Walk, Borrowed Time, and Warding Curse. Soulweavers, however, only have three powers that apply curse: Harrowstorm, which is spark-inefficient, Wraith's Shadow, which is single target and borderline useless, and Arms of Hadar, which costs no sparks, has a spammable cooldown, and can potentially interrupt trash CC.

So, by taking Arms of Hadar, you open up one of those desirable three feats and gain more than you lose. It's not as if we have any must-pick powers, besides Shatter Spark, that we need to give up for it. (I mean, you can even drop Shatter Spark and heal LOMM using Soul Reconstruction alone if you have a good tank...)

Now for Hellbringers, I agree: very questionable power.
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I have no hope and i don't believe in a new improvement for Hellbringer. Warlock is the bottom tier DPS class for 6 mods...or even more. They have no clue what to do with the class, they thought that all Warlock players are ok with the healer role, and we have no interest to play DPS, but lot of us made a Warlock character to play DPS, no healer. So they need to re adjust their idea of what DPS paths should be efficient, and i don't think that they want to give us a place as DPS like the current top DPS classes have now. How much time they need? It's not about time, it's about their lack of interest...Other classes are blessed by the devs, Warlock is doomed.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    giz#2086 said:

.. How much time they need? It's not about time, it's about their lack of interest..

2-3 years. I have no valid statistic, but that's about the average time it takes empirically, including the constant switch of responsible dev ... responsible actually in a negative way tbh.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Removed my comment as it was not constructive.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    empalas said:

Removed my comment as it was not constructive.

By that logic shouldn't they remove the Warlock because it's not constructive either?
    edited November 2019
    mongol69 said:

Si stacks are a joke since puppet dies pretty much every time its summoned

Come to think of it, why should the soul puppet take damage anyway? It's incorporeal.
    Maybe they could just make it immune to damage - or certain kinds. It's not like its attacks are all that devastating.

Speaking of immunity - boss/mini boss immunities to control effects really gets on my nerves. If I'm slapping somevillain - I don't care who - with two great big green devil hands that knock everyone else prone, it ought to affect her/him - even if just a little. And it really annoys me when certain goons like the werewolves in Barovia are immune to ArmsoH also. What gives them the right?

Some kind of stagger gauge for the bigbaddies needs to be implemented. Complete immunity just aint right.
    And while we're on the topic of soul puppets. I think it's well past time for an update to its appearance.
    Not everysoul's going to look the same, I don't think - ought to be: dark brooding souls, gray lamenting souls, fiery wrathful souls, pale fearful souls. There's so much that could be done here.

What's more, these kinds of options are one more way to make money. Last time I looked, the only pay-for options were a couple hairstyles. I'd like to encourage the powers that be to give the devs some free time every mod to design offerings for the zen store that don't impact the game but are fun and allow players more customization.
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Mongol69 is on the right spot too with the assumption that the base problem of the Warlock damage output lies in the core mechanic of the class. I left a lil wall of text in another topic few days ago focused mostly on the feats but forgott to add such minor tweaks suggestion like changing one or two class features (to match my imaginary feat table) and casting animation time reduction...
    If anyone might be interested the post can be found here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1252907/wall-of-text-you-have-been-warned
    Hide The Pain Harold!