What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Comments

• Options
    jxsinjxsin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > The problem wasn't that the bondings are too strong. It's that they have way outweighed anything else so much that there is no point in using a companion without them. To bring everything else up to the point where bondings are would cause even more balancing issues than are already in the game. The only option was to nerf them a bit.

A bit? How about a lot. And if they are still BiS, won't they still pretty much outweigh everything.

And how about players like me, who don't do speed runs but thinks 30 minutes is perfect for FBI and 40-60 for MSPC?

If they nerf bondings, shouldn't they tweak the existing dungeons down a bit so players won't feel a form of regression? Then build new dungeons that challenge. That's what would keep me interested and my wallet open.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    grimah said:

I think the bonding change is a healthy choice, any serious gamer will admit they are too powerful and make the gap between new and BiS players far too wide.

But I do believe augments do need more buffs. companions vs augment should almost be the same, augment only with a slight stat contribution lower (since companions have access to protector's camaderie). That way, both are an option. With the current preview build bondings are still far superior than augments and nothing will change in that regard.

I'd suggest buffing all runestones to give +40% stats on top of whatever stats they give.

Well I like what you're saying... Bonding's were too powerful! Almost 10x more than any other Rune.

While I think it would be nice if other Rune's were perhaps boosted a little further, yet they made it clear wanting Bondings to maintain their BiS status. While Augments can now greatly expand augmentation with R14 Eldritch up to 25% for each Defensive Rune slot, by keeping almost a 5x advantage over other Runes it ensures they'd still highly desirable into the future. Now at least all Runes can offer some advantages if someone wanted to pair 2 Bonding with a Empowered, or other options depending on your Class, Feat Path, or Companion and yes expand options for Augments as well.

Some may not likely see it that way... But they need to get honest with themselves.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Thank you, @oria1 - for being the voice of reason and sanity in this thread with almost none of it.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Thank you, @oria1 - for being the voice of reason and sanity in this thread with almost none of it.

@gromovnipljesak#8234
    HEY... i am sane ! ( mostly ) :P

But i do get why people stopped replying in general.
    The blazing rage is done.

Now people are ready to compromise and find rationalization for what will happen.
    We all know we are mostly powerless . We know the change will go . ( my post about it on like page 5 or something )
    And now we are just waiting to see the final hammer hitting the nail.

On the side note i have a totally amazing plan of going noob after this amazing patch. I plan to have lots of fun with other noobs in leveling dungeons. It will be amazing, i tell ya. :P
    You are free to join me. I plan to do a lot of nakkid runs.
    Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @araneax We are not powerless. As I mentioned few posts back we have a huge power. Our secret weapon is called wallet. And thats the most bizzare weapon around the globe. It is the most powerfull when it is not used:).
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @gripnir78

That is true. But that " power " takes time to work its point.
    That is why it is so frustrating.
    I am one of many in my guild who will not pay a dime once this mod comes out.
    Some will leave. Some will stay and troll like i will.

Until we get our characters back to what they where.
    We can suggest and say it is not fair.
    We can advise for them to not do this , we can beg , plead or joke around.
    But in the end it is not going to work.

Like it did not work in Coal wards thread or the key change thread or nerf AA thread.. or before that mod 6 thread.
    Before that , changes in mod 4 and before that... gods i forgot what that was , too much time passed.

Until enough time passes.. in the end... money income will drop , showed on the monthly basis, then they will have a three months review, and then 6 months review, after careful analysis they ll decide : " ups , we did it again " .

And then they will have " a serious reconstruction of the direction the game is going. " I did remember that quote, from long time ago.

Then suddenly some of the people , working on this game, will continue their journey , in other directions and will say their greetings to the ungrateful community. Or to say us.

• Options
    araneax said:

@gripnir78

That is true. But that " power " takes time to work its point.
    That is why it is so frustrating.
    I am one of many in my guild who will not pay a dime once this mod comes out.
    Some will leave. Some will stay and troll like i will.

Until we get our characters back to what they where.
    We can suggest and say it is not fair.
    We can advise for them to not do this , we can beg , plead or joke around.
    But in the end it is not going to work.

Like it did not work in Coal wards thread or the key change thread or nerf AA thread.. or before that mod 6 thread.
    Before that , changes in mod 4 and before that... gods i forgot what that was , too much time passed.

Until enough time passes.. in the end... money income will drop , showed on the monthly basis, then they will have a three months review, and then 6 months review, after careful analysis they ll decide : " ups , we did it again " .

And then they will have " a serious reconstruction of the direction the game is going. " I did remember that quote, from long time ago.

Then suddenly some of the people , working on this game, will continue their journey , in other directions and will say their greetings to the ungrateful community. Or to say us.

Yup, but that would be too little too late.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    gripnir78 said:

Yup, but that would be too little too late.

It is. It will be.

But i think.. this game will survive.
    Look how many hits it already passed. We who stayed / came back adapted to the changes.

People changed, devs changed, old players left, new players came in.
    I remember i switched 5 guilds back in mod 6. Duo to guilds deserting.

Had like 4 to 5 month breaks, when i got too upset about the " direction " the game was going.
    Starting with when they removed a thing with portals in PE.

You got a thingy in the lockbox and when you used it a portal opened somewhere in PE.
    You ran to it, grinded 40 to 50 k AD from it. I loved it. But so did bots. lol So it was removed.
    I do not remember what the name was of that thingy... idk..But it is not important any more.

Now the new players are BiS , and are outraged with this changes.
    But we have seen all of this happen before.
    The game itself survived. Got sold, got new " support " , new developers , new management.

It is still here.
    So i do have faith in it not dying. I love NW. I really do. It is a game i spent years on. Breaks or no breaks.
    I am glad it is still here , no matter how angry i get on the people running it.
    I met amazing people here, guildies who spent years on this game with me, chatting away on TS while we ran dungeons together. I do not wish them to leave. But i can not stop them as well. Just as i can not stop devs, from doing what they intended in the first place.

Post edited by araneax on

• Options
    oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    araneax said:

It is. It will be.

Look how many hits it already passed. We who stayed / came back adapted to the changes.

Had like 4 to 5 month breaks, when i got too upset about the " direction " the game was going.

You got a thingy in the lockbox and when you used it a portal opened somewhere in PE.
    You ran to it, grinded 40 to 50 k AD from it. I loved it. But so did bots. lol So it was removed.
    I do not remember what the name was of that thingy... idk..But it is not important any more.

The game itself survived. Got sold, got new " support " , new developers , new management.

It is still here.
    So i do have faith in it not dying. I love NW. I really do. It is a game i spent years on. Breaks or no breaks.
    I am glad it is still here , no matter how angry i get on the people running it.
    I met amazing people here, guildies who spent years on this game with me, chatting away on TS while we ran dungeons together. I do not wish them to leave. But i can not stop them as well. Just as i can not stop devs, from doing what they intended in the first place.

This is not about the survival of the game. We will do what we did, but we'll do it slower. No big deal. Eventually some will recover a big part of their "loss" and later on others will follow too.

Its not about what we can take. For me it has to do with WHY should we go down a road when it clearly doesn't offer a solution to the problem that is stated. Why isn't there an honest discussion with the devs to address the whys and tell us why they think our solutions / suggestions are bad or not adequate. At the end as most of us can see ,it seems like a loop. Nerf and "pay" to be back to where you were. Are we wrong? believe me I will be glad to be wrong but show us how and why.

Its not my fault to assume if there is no counter dialog, its not my fault we don't have the clear and entire picture of the changes to come and its not my fault we get the changes at a rate that is annoying to say the least. First armor pen changes... ok shuffle enchants and /or insignia and artifacts. Now...re shuffle again to get back important stat such as armor pen and crit again. We will re shuffle again when (and if) we go to r14s. We got gears and build our chars based to what we know and that "what we know" keep changes every 3 months or so. All I know is when I move to a new house (state of game) I move all rooms (changes) at once. Not one room every 3 months that will make me change the previous rooms (previous changes) every time.

And what if we find a way to make other ruins work only for the company to come after few months and say.. "It wasn't intended" and nerf it again?. Why the definition of WHAT is intended, always changes in this game? Why in most cases its not clear even when we ask the devs straight? Thing is that most of the aspects of a computer game are pretty predictable so you cant call "accident" on the bondings state, specially after all this time.

I think for those and few other reasons is why people are upset, and not losing some stats. At the end If you are 30% better than me now you will be after the change too. Nothing big.

• Options
    oria1 said:

araneax said:

It is. It will be.

It is still here.

This is not about the survival of the game. We will do what we did, but we'll do it slower. No big deal. Eventually some will recover a big part of their "loss" and later on others will follow too.

Its not about what we can take. For me it has to do with WHY should we go down a road when it clearly doesn't offer a solution to the problem that is stated. Why isn't there an honest discussion with the devs to address the whys and tell us why they think our solutions / suggestions are bad or not adequate. At the end as most of us can see ,it seems like a loop. Nerf and "pay" to be back to where you were. Are we wrong? believe me I will be glad to be wrong but show us how and why.

Its not my fault to assume if there is no counter dialog, its not my fault we don't have the clear and entire picture of the changes to come and its not my fault we get the changes at a rate that is annoying to say the least. First armor pen changes... ok shuffle enchants and /or insignia and artifacts. Now...re shuffle again to get back important stat such as armor pen and crit again. We will re shuffle again when (and if) we go to r14s. We got gears and build our chars based to what we know and that "what we know" keep changes every 3 months or so. All I know is when I move to a new house (state of game) I move all rooms (changes) at once. Not one room every 3 months that will make me change the previous rooms (previous changes) every time.

And what if we find a way to make other ruins work only for the company to come after few months and say.. "It wasn't intended" and nerf it again?. Why the definition of WHAT is intended always changes in this game?. Thing is that most of the aspects of a computer game are pretty predictable so you cant call "accident" on the bondings state, specially after all this time.

I think for those and few other reasons is why people are upset, and not losing some stats. At the end If you are 30% better than me now you will be after the change too. Nothing big.
    I agree with you Oria. Completely.

But i do not remember a time when our question why was ever answered.

It always goes with : " it was not intended " , " we are reworking the game " and " this new change will help the new players progress " and we ask, every freaking time, we ask them for the reason. To explain to us , why the change .
    Why are they so focused on doing this that particular way. Are not our suggestions better then their current plan of attack.

But i seriously do not remember a time when we got a straight, honest , answer about the reasons.

• Options
    @araneax

The thing is MMOs market changed a lot. My avater comes from a game I loved most. But it came down to wrong menagement who actually bring its population down and dvindle income to the point that it was not bringing profits any more. And it was closed. Back then you had just a few games around to pick from. And you had to pay monthly fee to play them. So players had very limited options if they wanted to play mmos.

Trick is, games market looks so much different now. You have lots of games to choose from. Sure none of them is attached to D&D, but its not that important any more. You are a customer. And it works like with any other thing. If some one gona HAMSTER you off you wont buy from him any more. Almost every month brings new options.

After MOD 6 console release was what saved this game. Now console player base is aware what gona hit them soon. We old PC players are already aware what Cryptic is capable of. We can even say that we are used to that (witch is wrong, as it only encourage them to treat us like that). Console community is angry same as we are, so where they gona find a new player base to replace losses?

Bonding nerf in my opinion has double purpose. First - money grabbing. Its obvious. But second is more elusive.
    I belive Crytpic at this point is simply unable to create a chelenging end game content. It would take lot of time,money, skills and effort to rework this game to a balanced level. It would force devs to reach a game roots, and lots of rework. So instead of putting extra resources on that they simply decided to nerf all players arcoss a board to make current content harder or gated behind sea of grind and/or mounts of real cash. If its gona be hard enaugh you wont need new one even harder content right? Sure, big spenders gona close a gap in no time, but for majority of player base its just adding months of sailing trough a see of grind.

That seems not to smart move right? I depends. If that is all - its not a smart move.

But there is another option. Its going to be a hard reset to the player base. Only strong will survive and those gona have lots of work to bring their toons to current level. They gona use this time to bring new mod and I suspect even 2 more classes. It will take so much time that current shitstorm gona be forgotten, and then they gona hit with "huge amount of new content including long expected new classes" what gona bring back some players and atract new one, and possibly create another huge influx of money for them. All they need to know is - if those who gona stay gona pay enaugh money to reach that point.

Sounds both sinister and familiar, isn't it?

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Worse things are going to come, i agree completly that power share through companions is absurd, but so is the way of powershare, for example a paladin making people damage up to 50% more (than raw damage) while for example martir's blood is a chance to debut target by 10% applied after other damage debuffs if they exist. Builds? No way skipping aura gifts is not a good choice, but that is a problem to be adressed later on.

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    araneax said:

Of course it will survive - Dragon Age Inquisition Multiplayer was abandoned by their devs over a year and a half ago - but I can still go in, start a match and end up with a full group of 3 other players by the end of the match. There will always be hangers on... Or people that pop back in to see what's kicking.

That doesn't mean it will remain financially lucrative. Though I expect it will. Primarily on the PC, the console crew is a fickle bunch and they will dump a game quickly if they feel wronged.

This is how Cryptic seems to be working currently:
    Dev 1: Hey guys I have a really good idea that will make the player base so excited! (more bag space, simplifying refinement, random queue ability, making augments viable options, ability to make something that cuts an alt’s campaign time by 50%)
    Dev 2: GREAT now lets find a way to make it HAMSTER them all off!
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Tbh this time it's other way around. If anyone's gonna stop, it's PC players. Because there aren't as many free mmorpgs on consoles. But due to release of other games, this one will slow down on PC. On preview I've spent about 5.6 million AD in marks alone to make my toon actually viable in high tier dungeons. I have to say, I failed.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    araneax said:

I have no idea if there were bots involved in the Resonator exploit, but it did involve many accounts effectively printing money. I was bummed that it culminated in permanently removing not only Planar Idols for Resonators but also the Jeweled Idol from Nightmare boxes that you straight up traded for AD, but as far as I know, none of it had to do with botting anything.

Selective memory is a hamster.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    Bonding changes are coming and that is fine. What I want to know is will the dungeons (HP of bosses) be adjusted with this change also or do we have to wait 6 months for those?
  • Options
    vida44 said:

@noworries#8859

Bonding changes are coming and that is fine. What I want to know is will the dungeons (HP of bosses) be adjusted with this change also or do we have to wait 6 months for those?

Exactly this. They're making buffs and debuffs even more mandatory. Right now it's hard to do TNG without 2x DC, in the future, it will literally be impossible.
  • Options

araneax said:

I have no idea if there were bots involved in the Resonator exploit, but it did involve many accounts effectively printing money. I was bummed that it culminated in permanently removing not only Planar Idols for Resonators but also the Jeweled Idol from Nightmare boxes that you straight up traded for AD, but as far as I know, none of it had to do with botting anything.

Selective memory is a hamster.

I totally forgot their names. I am glad someone remembers.
    I know it was removed cos of exploit . I kinda miss it sometimes. I remember the happiness when i got one.

• Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Analyzing what happened:

-Bondings got cheaper, which is nothing surprising, insignias costed a lot at the beginning.
    -Other runestones are still no option other than augments, there isn't a reason to use them on a sidekick, they really need a buff.
    -Players have less stats, which is a disapointment for people that take the game more of a chill place than a challenge place so somehow players should get back their stats even if that is not through bondings without having to pay more for it;
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.