test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > I sincerely doubt it's intentional, but it does fairly effectively ensure a lost week of public testing.
    >
    > Yeah, I mean, I know they're not really the smartest when it comes to decision making, but this is just beyond <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. No putting it other way, really.
    >
    > And no, devs, I ain't insulting you, in fact I'm giving you a compliment. IF this isn't intentional.

This explains why stats were so incredibly low for me on preview
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited September 2017

• sykophre4ksykophre4k Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I just tested 1x r14 bond + 2x r12 bonds on my pet (175% stat boost when proc'd) and it seems to be working fine. Maybe its only bugged on r14 bonds only? just my theory.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Nope, me and a guildmate of mine tested it yesterday, there seems to be a glitch with upgrading runestones. It doesn't even give you exactly one runestone via the bug, it just gives you some stats.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

pez222 said:

jonkoca said:

Ok watched the vid, swearing aside, it was conclusive.

The gwf's personal pet buff stat boost equalled roughly 30-35k or so, but with a single op/dc power share party, he was routinely hitting 200k and more power. Even at one point when he dismissed his pet, power share still boosted his power more than his pet would have...

i.e.. leave bondings as they are and tone down power sharing. Though tbh. that might actually scare people more lol.

It certainly wont bother me if power sharing is axed, i main a DC and i didn't have to grind for months on end or spend a HAMSTER ton of cash to get power sharing .

As for my sets of Bonding stones , a totally different story, Months of grinding , tons of cash,hours of testing and respecs to get the balance right legendary augments dismantled and made idle, because Bondings were introduced to me as the way to go by the Devs .

Leave our Base stats alone we have worked hard and tested for hours just to get them where we want them .
    I think this reflects how 99.9% of players feel. There has to be another way to go, that does not involve this bonding nerf.
    We've put these exact points forward on numerous posts here but it looks like Cryptic are not going to change course (Titanic mode). It appears that once they've made up their minds there's no process for altering them.

This is the big drawback of coming to us with conclusions instead of questions.

As someone who mains a pally, my suggestion would be (for pallies):

* remove power sharing via companion completely
    * give Aura of Courage a buff
    * merge Shield of Faith and Divine Protector into a single daily that is halfway between the two (say 10 sec, 40% shield)
    * use the spare Daily slot to create a new buff Daily (e.g. 10 sec, 20% dps boost)

Game balanced, Pally still relevant & just do something similar with the DC.

Of course I realise that this won't happen due to the reasons outlined above.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

@Terramak says (somewhere off the forums) it's most likely a bug, not an intentional change. Folks will follow up and make sure when they're back from the weekend.

My question is , why "somewhere off the forums" and not here too? Even a copy paste wont take that long I'm sure. Do other people elsewhere, get more/different info than we do?

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    We allready had bugs arround bondings not properly proccing. I event hink this one is an old problem, same as the problem we knew when everyone run a r10+r11+r12 and made those bondings prco 9 times at once using Lyras Bell

I hope devs know that actual endcontent after this change will be nearly unplayable for lot´s of player
    Time/reward -ratio will be too bad. They need to adjust dungeons to this changes otherwise the target is to grind low level areas and T1 dungeons, lol.
  • fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    First of I have rank 12 bondings on console, so don't go all crazy on me for saying something.

I understand that the nerf makes people upset, and it's understandable. What I don't get is the excuse to say that they r doing this to give people more choices.

If I want to play best in slot than bondings r still the way to go. If the real reason is to give people choices than imo bondings should give twice as much % than an augment with three eldritch runestones but only have 50% uptime. Then players can decide if they want extra stats all the time with their augment or burst stats with extra power on top on a summoned companion. So choice is based on play style and whether or not you want extra power like consumed by battle and a chance for your companion to die.

That addresses the issue of people wanting more choices instead of the fake solution and bondings still being bis. Cause if they still are, I don't see where as a bis player I have a choice...
    Post edited by fantasticm on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    baudski said:

kreatyve said:

@Terramak says (somewhere off the forums) it's most likely a bug, not an intentional change. Folks will follow up and make sure when they're back from the weekend.

Why then the tooltip change? How on earth could that be unintentional? Did somebody screw up and put an old batch of experimental code out there? Or is it just another attempt of making ppl accept the nerf? Using the same scare tactics as when putting out the initial bonding announcement, and then "adjusting it based on feedback", in a record breaking 4 hours. Excuse me for being cynical - but I deffo smell a rat.
    That was my first thought too lol, a silent message saying "see what we could've done? Be grateful". Of course, this came from the 'tin foil hat' wearing part of my brain, but who believed that 50%/100% move was genuine? To come back the next morning and immediately say "oh we heard you so we are going to make it 100%" then ignore all further feedback... That was so obviously a pre-planned move.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    kreatyve said:

Did you call him?( joking).
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    micky1p00 said:

kreatyve said:

Did you call him?( phone call).
    Why is that even a topic of discussion?

She asked, he on his free time answered. For something that's obviously some bug somewhere, and even if it's not not going to change anything in these 2-3 days or even a week.

Why need to spread this FUD?

Thanks for finding the problem, and testing, we all know now. Further testing showed that other ranks work as should (Or at least not like this), so most likely r12 was bugged while changing/modifying stuff. Now that we all know we can wait for response.
    The point was that he could come here and answer or just drop a line or even a copy/paste of what he said, where he said it, for the rest of us who weren't there since a lot could be misinterpreted and the issue affected many people. Or even ask a CM to make a sort of announcement.

If i remember well micky you were arguing (and rightfully so, I did agree with you on that) some time ago that the CMs and Devs should first answer/announce anything important here on official forums first and and then anywhere else they want or think is needed. Specially on a location that few know or have access too. Is this any different ?

From the wording I understand he didn't even ask kreatyve to comment but kreatyve (and thank you for that) did it on her own.

And @mamalion1234 you need to tone down the sarcasm.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    oria1 said:

kreatyve said:

My question is , why "somewhere off the forums" and not here too? Even a copy paste wont take that long I'm sure. Do other people elsewhere, get more/different info than we do?

kreatyve said:

Did you call him?( joking).
    He couldn't easily log into the forums from his location. I talked to him on Discord. There were a lot of others in the Discord chat that could verify.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited September 2017
    edited September 2017
    @kreatyve I only meant it as a joke since this entire situation looks like one, sorry if I made it look serious.

I am talking about the : " DId you call him"
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Let's get this thread back on topic.

A few people on Discord have stated that they have tested r14s and r12s and had all 3 proc. Someone else stated that they tested and they saw some issues. Can someone do a thorough quick and easy ELI5 run-down of the exact issue (other than the tooltip)?

For me it was like this:
    1) upgrade runes to r13 to check what equipment one would need
    2) comp starts attacking
    3) stats are HAMSTER

I'm getting about 1k arp from a comp that has 2.1k arp. Going from 26k power to 30k power, 7k power comp. So basically we're getting a percentage, but not even straight 1 rune.
    edited September 2017

kreatyve said:

A few people on Discord have stated that they have tested r14s and r12s and had all 3 proc. Someone else stated that they tested and they saw some issues. Can someone do a thorough quick and easy ELI5 run-down of the exact issue (other than the tooltip)?

For me it was like this:
    2) comp starts attacking
    3) stats are HAMSTER

I'm getting about 1k arp from a comp that has 2.1k arp. Going from 26k power to 30k power, 7k power comp. So basically we're getting a percentage, but not even straight 1 rune.
    To add the bondings give more % than stated on tooltips on any rank or i missing something ( test happened on naked character)

for example naked character before proc

companion gear :

companion stats :

with only companion gift present from rank 13 bonding i got more stats than the tooltip states :smile:

companion power 5087 x0.60 = 3052 power. screenshot power : 3663.
    companion critical 3314 x0.60= 1988 crtitical . screenshot critical : 2386.
    companion penetration 874x 0.60= 524 penetration. screenshot penetration 629.

For rank 13 is more like 72% than 60% if you do the calculations.

Even if we say that 3% from charisma will transfer from companion to character 3% of the companion stats 3052 cant become 3663 because of this.

I Made the test also on different ranks and the problem exists bondings give more than the tooltip states.

Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User

kreatyve said:

For me it was like this:
    2) comp starts attacking
    3) stats are HAMSTER

To add the bondings give more % than stated on tooltips on any rank or i missing something ( test happened on naked character)

with a rank 13 bonding(60% of companion stat) and companion with 5087 power expected 3052 power. note i didnt have legendary companions . But it gave me 3663 power.

Then i tested and other ranks and they give more than the tooltip says. well my naked character has 3% companion stat bonus from charisma is that the case?

NOTE : ignore penetration i focus on power on my test.

@mamalion1234

You see this difference, because the displayed Power-value on the companion-sheet is not the value the companion actually has. The "Expert Striker" and "Master Striker" bonuses are not shown there, they function as ,with each other additive, 10% multipliers, means: if you have one of these it's 10% and with both it's 20% more of the affected values. If you include that, then the bondings yield the expected values:

5087 * 0.6 * 1.2 = 3662,64

But it surely is confusing that these factors are not displayed :/
    greyjay1 said:

kreatyve said:

For me it was like this:
    2) comp starts attacking
    3) stats are HAMSTER

with a rank 13 bonding(60% of companion stat) and companion with 5087 power expected 3052 power. note i didnt have legendary companions . But it gave me 3663 power.

Then i tested and other ranks and they give more than the tooltip says. well my naked character has 3% companion stat bonus from charisma is that the case?

NOTE : ignore penetration i focus on power on my test.

@mamalion1234

You see this difference, because the displayed Power-value on the companion-sheet is not the value the companion actually has. The "Expert Striker" and "Master Striker" bonuses are not shown there, they function as ,with each other additive, 10% multipliers, means: if you have one of these it's 10% and with both it's 20% more of the affected values. If you include that, then the bondings yield the expected values:

5087 * 0.6 * 1.2 = 3662,64

But it surely is confusing that these factors are not displayed :/
    Wrong they displayed let me show you.

here the con artist as white give 126 stat rating at level 20

here is the con artist as green quality at level 20 gone 138 stat means that got the 10% from expert striker 126+10%=138.
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @mamalion1234
    the 10% that you see here are the 10% that you gain from upgrading a companion from grey to green.

Edit: you already have "Expert Striker" unlocked at lvl20!

https://imgur.com/CtKVbsS

the +6 stats come from 15 CHA (5% companion stat bonus) 119 * 0.05 = 5,95