test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Comments

• Options
    ashworthrd99ashworthrd99 Member Posts: 20 Arc User

all this power sharing nerf talk will do is drive every dc into DO mode.. woot.. back to one meta.

There literally is no other reason to run it.

Not that I care really.. but whatever.

while everyone clamours for this "fix"

it simply is a distracion to the real problem.

Cryptic is removing current % of power and reselling again to us..

this is ludicrous to me and many. I am not re buying the same power, its a insult.

I agree with you too Silverkelt. The fact they want to resell us stuff that we already have is stupid and a rip off. I full agree with you.

I heard someone say this and it made perfect sense to me. They are not worried about losing the old players like us that have played a long time because we are not spending as much money as before. New players will spend more money to get up faster than we spend money to remain where we are.

Simply as I said before, Buff Powershare, Leave bondings as are, remove the powershare going through the companion and back to the player. This would keep the AC DC around and stop the "power creep"!
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Surely the core of the question here is 'how much buffing should a player receive?' Without an answer to that we can't really say what is over, under or normal.

@thefabricant - as someone with a full knowledge of the game's system of buffs & debuffs, what would you consider to be an appropriate maximum for balance?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    @silverkelt
    Exactly, that's why we're arguing here. We don't mind a nerf to free stuff, we do mind a nerf for paid stuff. Paid stuff took effort, and that's we have to "compromise". Either one role of one class takes a slight hit or literally everyone in the entire game who has bondings does. United we stand, divided we fall, I guess. But anyways, that "nerf" to ACDC won't even be a nerf, it will be a slight nerf to perhaps the top tier ACDCs but at top tier it's not really an issue as you are probably running with an ACDC AND a DODC, but it's a BUFF for new DCs as they won't need to invest heavily in power and they can focus on doing everything else they need to do as well. That's why it's a good idea to do so.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I have said my piece and I am done responding now. You can judge the value of what I have said for yourself and I will let it stand on its own.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    except its not really our job to determine that extent they want to see buffing maxed or not, nor really to offer alternatives, there is ZERO need to bring it up or to offer it.. IT has little to do with the discussion.

its very simple to me.. we already paid for the power and they want to resell it to me. RESLLING the same power and the same enchants!!!!

thats mther effing insulting.

that is the single issue im taking on this.

If they want to lower cap or add more diminishing returns. then they can solve thier power creep WITHOUT nerfing and reselling me the same effing powers

they should also lower mob hps by like 50% after that sort of stuff though.

There is no real quick fix here.. none, it will take a rescope of the game..

but again.. THIS is little to do with this.. they say it is.. but to me, it doesnt, they simple want to make us pay money to them for the same thing they just sold us..

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    oria1 said:

I have said my piece and I am done responding now. You can judge the value of what I have said for yourself and I will let it stand on its own.

There is a unique ability some people have, to talk a lot, without saying nothing to the point. Again you completely avoided talking about the bonding issue and the issues I stated, in a honest conversation and not contradiction but I guess I ask much.

You managed to turn this into a nerf AC problem while this is nothing remotely close to it and since I know you are a smart person that can only mean that you want to push your agenda (remember that?) without focusing on the subject in hand. Lets not derail the conversation anymore for your personal issues.

No one asked for nerf on AC quite the opposite we asked to adjust the companion not to receive the powershare buff and cast it to the players X 4 times and also compensate the AC but to the point it doesn't create the power creep anymore. Pure and simple.

We asked to keep the bonding as it is.

The reason that DC powershare should share with bondings is because it is balanced as is and doesn't cause problems.

The reason that the powershare is good is because its good to have powershare.... nice reasoning. This is an example of what I keep saying. I'm talking about the effect on the companion ONLY vs the lowering the stats and that at the end, lowering the stats will lead to nothing and your answer is about the powershare in general and how good it is.

So if powershare through companion its balanced you are saying that bonding is imbalanced? The stone that can give on its own 30k stat points vs a buff that can give 60k or more points?

No one said its BAD, we are saying don't share through the companion to give excessive amounts to the players SPECIALLY when 2 classes can share at the same time, which is one of the reasons it led us here in the first place.

Now please tell us how the AC will have issues again in a bonding thread.
    So u say u are not asking for a nerf on ACDC then your proposal should be to remove powershare from Pets but also Buff Anointed Army to now buff 132% of the DCs base power and BoB to now give 60% of the DCs Base Power.
    And about pushing Agendas your the one to talk...

Looking at the current Content neither Bondings nor Powershare are OP. Cryptic just wants us to Spend more Money/AD and thus they nerf Bondings and not Powershare.
  • Options
    oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    tom#6998 said:

So u say u are not asking for a nerf on ACDC then your proposal should be to remove powershare from Pets but also Buff Anointed Army to now buff 132% of the DCs base power and BoB to now give 60% of the DCs Base Power.

Looking at the current Content neither Bondings nor Powershare are OP. Cryptic just wants us to Spend more Money/AD and thus they nerf Bondings and not Powershare.

You have it mixed up, I never said specific values, Sharp did as an expert on DC so please talk to him.

I said buff to the appropriate level that the devs think it doesn't create excessive power. So as you see I have no agenda and it would be better to direct that one to the ones who proposed that.

I never said anything about the DC nor for the Paladin. I just mentioned the powershare that goes THROUGH the companion to the player and compared ONLY that portion of powershare as stat contribution versus to the bonding stone stat contribution.You guys keep throwing numbers about the DC which has nothing to do with the topic.

I hope you see it now.

• Options

micky1p00 said:

Turtle in FBI, second Boss in SP, and last boss in T9G can perma kill companions by throwing them into the water / off the platform.
    FYI, if this happens now on T9G for the dps, it's most likely a wipe, and the group restarts.

Ah, I hadn't noticed. Thanks for clarifying that. I mostly run these days with my DO DC who uses an augment. Definitely bugs that need to be addressed.

Telling everyone these changes are fine when you already don't use bondings... if you don't have a dog in the fight, especially as a mod, sit this one out.

And it's not just about can you do the content.

A lot of us play this game to compare incremental upgrades, to compare our performance against ourselves so we can see progress in the game. I compare how long river district dailies took me on my 2700 ilvl pally and DC when I started it to my 14500 pally and DC and I am happy with the progress. Now if they reset that in a few months, I already know how much damage I'll be able to do when I get back to where I'm currently at. It will also cost me millions of AD to get back to this baseline, so I say no thanks. If this change goes through I don't think I'll participate.

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Alright, here you go. Show this to devs too, it's got a bit more rambling but most of the problems are there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y00WBdspclY

@billyriz12
    Augments will NEVER be equal to bondings, as long as they don't get affected by power share.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Telling everyone these changes are fine when you already don't use bondings... if you don't have a dog in the fight, especially as a mod, sit this one out.

I have a set of R12 bondings, just not for my DC (he was AC DC in the past, but not recently). I only run mod 10 content on my DC because I was too busy irl to grind it on multiple toons when mod 10 came out (and frankly, it's not one of my favorites).

I'm not sure what you think a moderator is. I'm a player that has been with the game since open beta. I have as much right to express my opinion as any other player. Moderators are not employees of PWE or Cryptic.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    oria1 said:

tom#6998 said:

You have it mixed up, I never said specific values, Sharp did as an expert on DC so please talk to him.

I said buff to the appropriate level that the devs think it doesn't create excessive power. So as you see I have no agenda and it would be better to direct that one to the ones who proposed that.

I never said anything about the DC nor for the Paladin. I just mentioned the powershare that goes THROUGH the companion to the player and compared ONLY that portion of powershare as stat contribution versus to the bonding stone stat contribution.You guys keep throwing numbers about the DC which has nothing to do with the topic.

I hope you see it now.
    u can talk all u want to take away powershare on pets is a Nerf to ACDC. If you cap debuffs at 150% act effectivness that would also kill of mof debuffers maybe u understand it now
  • Options
    david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hello guys,

I would like please we devoted players dont loose the perspective on this matter.

Please realise power share is just fine and in line with what other buffers can bring to the party; an AC or OP buffing by power share (and other buffs) are in like to what can bring a DO or a Mof , specially since they remove the debuff cap. Nerf the power share and a good team still will achieve similar results with 1 DO +1 Mof + 2x tanks x dps.

Please dont fall in that trap and spend so many posts with that.

The real and simple issue here is that by nerfing bondings they are forcing all of us to spend more money. It is an easy solution to force all 90% of current users to look into our pocket without any investment on their side. Its a clear WIN-LOSE deal.

I dont think bondings introduction as it is now was a great idea. But that fact now is it really doenst matter, after 5 mods adjusted to current bonding performance, all players (but real newbs) fully rely on bondings to have fun on this game, thats out of question.

Making new content a lot harder, then increase bondings ranks and enchants. Then boost augment if you cought*really care*cough about lower level players. Make a WIN-WIN deal.

Nothing else really matters...

• Options
    ashworthrd99ashworthrd99 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

oria1 said:

tom#6998 said:

I hope you see it now.
    u can talk all u want to take away powershare on pets is a Nerf to ACDC. If you cap debuffs at 150% act effectivness that would also kill of mof debuffers maybe u understand it now
    AW.. It will make people work harder.. can't be doing that can we? Gotta be given everything easily. I personally think they should buff the DC/OP powershare to the player and remove the powershare through the companion. It will make us work harder together to win. Not be so powerful you run through everything as fast as you can. What fun is that? Just my ignorant opinion.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    tom#6998 said:

From the looks of it you guys do the talk. I m just stating facts. You talk about DC when I don't, you talk about debuffs when I don't and FYI the debuffs got nerfed and I adjusted to it, still doing great and never complained unlike others that they put their self interest higher than the rest of the players.

The personal attacks though from you your friends and the avoidance of talking about the issues in hand, juts proves to me and people here about where the real problem is and what your real worrying is all about.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Post edited by oria1 on

• Options
    edited September 2017
    oria1 said:

tom#6998 said:

From the looks of it you guys do the talk. I m just stating facts. You talk about DC when I don't, you talk about debuffs when I don't and FYI the debuffs got nerfed and I adjusted to it, still doing great and never complained unlike others that they put their self interest higher than the rest of the players.

The personal attacks though from you your friends and the avoidance of talking about the issues in hand, juts prove to me and people here about where the real problem is and what your real worrying is all about.

Thank you for clarifying that.

as i wrote above i dont see a issue with bondings or powershare. I think given the content we have they are both fine. The devs now decided to nerf bondings and now u are trying to turn this into a powersharing issue. The devs dont really care about balance they care about $$

the only thing u might get is that they nerf bondings and powershare... i guess u are happy then?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You
    tom#6998 said:

as i wrote above i dont see a issue with bondings or powershare. I think given the content we have they are both fine. The devs now decided to nerf bondings and now u are trying to turn this into a powersharing issue. The devs dont really care about balance they care about $$

the only thing u might get is that they nerf bondings and powershare... i guess u are happy then?

You don't see an issue and I do, now bring your facts and I will bring mine. Numbers don't lie or hide things and don't get personal. .
    Glad to see your knowledge on what the devs want though. As far as me, I saw they did change the time on/off for the bonding and now maybe the will change this. Its their call, not yours.

But since you like to keep repeating yourself lets try one more time:
    I'm not trying to turn it to a powershare issue for any class. You keep bringing up about the DC and about nerf etc etc. and therefore you will end up doing of what you accuse me of trying. Self fulfilling prophecy. Or you think because a player said something the devs will do it?

Based though on how much annoyed, you (plural) got for the comment i made one cant help but wonder...
    Is the AC so bad that they need a buff to a companion to keep them relevant? And if so what does that say about said buff method?

Instead of focusing to make a cohesive argument to the devs for the benefit of all the players regardless of their tier you complain about the AC because one path of one class is FAR more important then all the other players. Nice way of all of you on showing how you really think.

• Options
    oria1 said:

You

tom#6998 said:

You don't see an issue and I do, now bring your facts and I will bring mine. Numbers don't lie or hide things and don't get personal. .
    Glad to see your knowledge on what the devs want though. As far as me, I saw they did change the time on/off for the bonding and now maybe the will change this. Its their call, not yours.

But since you like to keep repeating yourself lets try one more time:
    I'm not trying to turn it to a powershare issue for any class. You keep bringing up about the DC and about nerf etc etc. and therefore you will end up doing of what you accuse me of trying. Self fulfilling prophecy. Or you think because a player said something the devs will do it?

Based though on how much annoyed, you (plural) got for the comment i made one cant help but wonder...
    Is the AC so bad that they need a buff to a companion to keep them relevant? And if so what does that say about said buff method?

Instead of focusing to make a cohesive argument to the devs for the benefit of all the players regardless of their tier you complain about the AC because one path of one class is FAR more important then all the other players. Nice way of all of you on showing how you really think.

when sharp statet numbers u were ingoring them... why should i post them again? U are on a Djihad against DCs for a long time... and now u see a oportunity to nerf DCs so u dont have to make fake arguments for your mof anymore
  • Options
    sharp alrdy posted facts... u were ignoring them...

u really think the Powershare is breaking the game? Power is 1 factor for dps and its by far not the biggest. And nerfing Powershare makes it an issue for Classes that use that no point in denying. Do u think that players are way to OP for the newest dungeon? If you have a very good group u can run it pretty fast but nothing i would call worthy of beeing nerfed. I dont see the need for nerfs here. And i doubt the devs do... they are selling us back what the take away now thats a decision based on Money.

If you want the bonding nerf to be reverted then suggest that but leave the other stuff.

As i see it u are just on your djihad against DCs again. Maybe u are just proposing this so u dont have to make fake arguments for your mof anymore?