test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Ok watched the vid, swearing aside, it was conclusive.

The gwf's personal pet buff stat boost equalled roughly 30-35k or so, but with a single op/dc power share party, he was routinely hitting 200k and more power. Even at one point when he dismissed his pet, power share still boosted his power more than his pet would have...

i.e.. leave bondings as they are and tone down power sharing. Though tbh. that might actually scare people more lol.

I would not be surprised if they do both: Nerf Bondings AND Power Sharing.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    @strathkin
    100 zen? Are you mad? They were about 3.25 mil AD on PC.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    > @dragonwizard#9636 said:
    > well I couldn't make it thru the chult jungle without dying every couple seconds. (I don't have that problem outside of preview) not nice. not pleasant. definitely not fun.
    >
    >
    > You have ranked-up bondings but can't survive the jungles without dying every few seconds? My squishy CW can do his Chult dailies just fine with no companion summoned at all (no bondings, no augment, no eldritch).
    >
    > Watch on Twitch
    >
    >
    >
    > sigh of frustration after watching twitch video.
    >
    > I have r12 bonding but, but ,but the REST of the gear is r7 to r8 due to the COST and TIME to rank up my 3 bonding to r12.
    >
    > Now try your video AGAIN only instead of all r12 enchants try my gear of r7 and r8 enchants with just 3 r12 bonding with no pet summoned.
    >
    > Then after noticing chult dailies take a long time with r7 and r8 enchants try the tong dungeon with my gear setup .
    >
    > The POINT is its easy for ELITES with r12 everything pet or no pet.
    > The POINT is its HARD for undergeared folks who spent all the time upgradeing bondings to r12 who still have just r7 and r8 in gear slots.
    >
    > Thats why the anger at getting the nerf on the only part of the gear that we focused on to upgrade.
    >
    > Meanwhile elites with powershare and r12 everything enchants go lol its still easy.

My bondings aren't even r12 and enchants mostly r8 w some r9 and just greater on the weap and armor enchant. Lol if anything it just proved all those r12 slots are more valuable than bondings for stats
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2017

@strathkin

100 zen? Are you mad? They were about 3.25 mil AD on PC.

You said you spent 3000.00 (I'm assuming that is dollars) just like my reference which was never stated as 100 zen but 100.00 Zen is in Dollars when referring to the AD:Zen exchange. 100.00 gets you 4m AD or so which is enough to buy 1 R12 Bonding or if you spend 3000.00 (dollars again I'm assuming) that get you 30 just as I indicated correctly the first time. :)
  • masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Ive invested time and money into this game like anyone here. But most everyone here seems to treat this game as "I pay so I should breeze through dungeons and be able to sit in red and mindlessly spam this button". Its as if yall enjoy no challenge to the game, just minmax my stats and follow a cookie cutter build.

I welcome challenge in this game. I welcome anything that will bring newer players up into newer content. Without new players what will be the state of the game a year from now?Two years from now? The refinement system is daunting in that the requirements seem so overwhelming in terms of cost and time. The bondings that everyone says is a necessity is just something you've used as a crutch to cheese through content. Even with all the Dev's have said, with bondings probably still being the top choice, there is just to much crying. Keep your bondings, and for god sake, and learn to play your class.
    edited September 2017

Ive invested time and money into this game like anyone here. But most everyone here seems to treat this game as "I pay so I should breeze through dungeons and be able to sit in red and mindlessly spam this button". Its as if yall enjoy no challenge to the game, just minmax my stats and follow a cookie cutter build.

I welcome challenge in this game. I welcome anything that will bring newer players up into newer content. Without new players what will be the state of the game a year from now?Two years from now? The refinement system is daunting in that the requirements seem so overwhelming in terms of cost and time. The bondings that everyone says is a necessity is just something you've used as a crutch to cheese through content. Even with all the Dev's have said, with bondings probably still being the top choice, there is just to much crying. Keep your bondings, and for god sake, and learn to play your class.

Yea a R14 Bonding is still 4x better that the expanded R14 Eldritch or almost every other Rune. Bondings are still very much in a class of their own, yet certainly some classes, feat choices, or builds are given more choices if they choose to pair 2 bondings perhaps with another Rune. I suspect most will likely remain with their 3 bonding but there are viable reasons why 2 Bonding & 1 other might be a better choice depending upon your build.

People need to get on PREVIEW to compare their damage verses Dragon; it's not nearly as drastic as some are fearing.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    edited September 2017

> @strathkin said:

> I think many people NEED to get on PREVIEW and see where the DPS is on DRAGON verses PREVIEW on the same DUNGEON especially as they 'rework' the recently announced changes to Bondings.

>

> I think that will have many see the changes aren't as severe as they feared. Keeping the uptime at almost 100% depending on your companion was a major reversal for the players.

it's still a back step and a nerf, and just in case you didn't realise IT'S POWER SHARE THAT'S THE PROBLEM! 35k power from my bondings 150k from just one dc and bondings are the problem? my god some people just roll over

Well no one is disagreeing they 'may' be a few things to possibly correct with powershare but again they are caused by bondings. My Pally gives 25% of his power if you stay within 30-40' of him for 6s before getting the buff; but he also sacrifices some of his own DPS to earn that buff. You or your companion also loose the buff the second they leave that 30-40' depending on how big his Aura is.

So while he has between 25k in power base with peaks from damage (as protection) up to 45k if staying within close proximity you gain 6000 - 11,250 at best but that buff can effect players and companions. Powershare works as originally designed. Yet bonding currently is 9x the benefit to other Runes. So today if the companion gets the buff then today passes 3x to the player that extend almost another 33750 more along to the player.

I doubt bondings will change much more than they are currently announced as they are still > 4x more powerful than every other Rune - remember the player & companion both attacking with enchantments & runes that benefit them both as well.

Lets hope for your sake give you get your WISH and limit powershare to only players; but don't complain if you loose out on the 33750 (powershare) your gives or effectively doubles his power either.

Then you can be happier.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    I have just been on the Preview server. There was no cool down on my Bondings. Yes the percentage was reduced, but the cooldown was not there.

either
    1) they have decided to not implement the cooldown (YAY)
    2) they have not yet implemented all the changes on the Preview server (boo)
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It may not be implemented yet, as they also said eldritch runestones would keep their arpen on offensive slots, but they did not.
    edited September 2017
    wraithr32 said:

I have just been on the Preview server. There was no cool down on my Bondings. Yes the percentage was reduced, but the cooldown was not there.

either
    2) they have not yet implemented all the changes on the Preview server (boo)

The cooldown restriction was confirmed and I'm sure on preview now. They may not have gotten to all changes in time, like Eldritch offense updates, but will be in a future PREVIEW release.
    edited September 2017

You never needed bondings to be able to run Chult without dying every few seconds. I run it with my righteous/DO DC (13.5k) that is using an ioun stone of allure, and only die if I aggro too many groups i.e. more than 2. And I have completed all content with the character so far, so it is doable with the reduction of bondings, it is all about adapting.

actually that's not true. as my bondings have increased the less I die. more stats means you die less. you need a certain amount of stats to survive and thrive. if you have those stats you'll do fine. if you are relying on y our pet for them you won't.

and it's also not super relevant because the reason they did the nerf is because of bondings being OP when it's been pretty conclusively proven that bondings aren't the op problem. it's your pet double or triple or more dipping on the buffs. bondings do allow us to have the stats to complete content in tougher zones. they are part of our builds.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I never said bondings are not more optimal in higher end zones, they are. I was saying it is possible to do it without bondings, it is the players choice whether to use them or not to use them. I just prefer to not have a summoned companion, so easier to keep track of an augment.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017

I have r12 bonding but, but ,but the REST of the gear is r7 to r8 due to the COST and TIME to rank up my 3 bonding to r12.

You invest all of your money in one thing that gives you power because you feel it's far better than anything else you could be investing in, and your're surprise that the one thing gets nerfed? In any MMO, if one thing far outshines everything else, that's a sure-fire sign that it's out of balance and due for adjustment.

Here's Chult dailies again, this time with R6 in all offense and defense slots. No bondings, no augment, no power transfer, no healing potions, all R6.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    wraithr32 said:

either

They already said they would remove the cooldown. I'm glad you went onto preview to actually test the changes out.

micky1p00 said:

I'm not sure what this proves or what it's for.

The video is in response to a player that said he can't test the reduced power bondings on Preview because he dies every few seconds in the jungles of Chult without the original bonding stats.

The point is that a toon should not revolve around a single item of gear, and that a well-rounded toon can do just fine in Chult without bondings, indeed without R12 offense/defense enchants. If character power comes from a single gear item rather than layers of abilities and player skill, it devolves to an arcade shoot'em. I don't want Neverwinter to be that.

We live in a climate where people that express an opinion you don't share denigrated (just watch the news for plenty of examples). Rather than calling people that we disagree trolls or whatnot, let's try and understand their point of view.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017

micky1p00 said:

I'm not sure what this proves or what it's for.

The video is in response to a player that said he can't test the reduced power bondings on Preview because he dies every few seconds in the jungles of Chult without the original bonding stats.

The point is that a toon should not revolve around a single item of gear, and that a well-rounded toon can do just fine in Chult without bondings, indeed without R12 offense/defense enchants. If character power comes from a single gear item rather than layers of abilities and player skill, it devolves to an arcade shoot'em. I don't want Neverwinter to be that.

We live in a climate where people that express an opinion you don't share denigrated (just watch the news for plenty of examples). Rather than calling people that we disagree trolls or whatnot, let's try and understand their point of view.

It's great, but what you want is irrelevant when the Devs positioned an Item to have the best value/return, and where warned about it.
    Again, like I've said in that post, one player can do, is not an indicator of an average expiriance.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    It's probably not a good idea, it would sideline Eldritch Runestones completely to the museum of has beens. But maybe Bondings should provide similar bonuses when used on Augments?

Just that Augments don't die and give a clear advantage in some content, such as 2nd boss Turtle in FBI or the Stonegazer boss in MSP.

Augments might provide a clear advantage in IWP, I don't PvP at all right now and won't consider it until Tenacity from gear is removed (which is soon I think), but Augments cannot be executed.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator

they have to lower the mark prices and amounts needed to get from 12 to 14, and let the new reagent drop other places besides Tomb of the Nine Gods.

You should read the changes. It should be easier to get to higher ranked levels in all enchantments because you will not need a second enchantment. Even if they don't mess with marks it will be cheaper and easier to level enchantments.

they have to lower the mark prices and amounts needed to get from 12 to 14, and let the new reagent drop other places besides Tomb of the Nine Gods.

You should read the changes. It should be easier to get to higher ranked levels in all enchantments because you will not need a second enchantment. Even if they don't mess with marks it will be cheaper and easier to level enchantments.

Do you know the cost from r12 to r14 ?

I don't want easier path from nothing to r12, that 'easier path' cost me millions, look at the AH, everything I have gets devalued by the minute. And it's time and effort I've put in.
    This is the reason why you don't nerf retroactively after so long. Not only they've added a progress gap that costs like all the work before it. But much much worse, they devalued what I've already did.

So again, do you know the total cost from r12, to r14... back to our current stats...

kreatyve said:

People are complaining about these changes because we love the game and want it to survive, and the team to succeed, while not losing our hard-earned progress. We are not complaining because we are bored or want to hurt anybody.

A good portion of the people are complaining without even attempting to test the changes for themselves. There is a mob mentality to this. You can try to deny it, but it's fact.
    I did test it, and I lost at least 10% crit and have to completely rebuild my character to get it back. I may get there like what 30 million AD? (I can only dream of that much AD) from now. If they do not revert the bonding change, they have to lower the mark prices and amounts needed to get from 12 to 14, and let the new reagent drop other places besides Tomb of the Nine Gods. Right now what is on preview is a disaster for players and the game.
    yeah I also tested it. and getting those stats back would not be easy. blaming the player for a thing that has been encouraged and said to be wai is just blaming the victim here. remember the last rebalancing of the companions/bonding stones? it made it better than before. why would we think it was going to change for the worse any time soon? especially when on it's own it ISN"T responsible for op stats. it's the double dipping buff thing that gives ridiculous stats. I also don't know why Trips is making such a big deal about trying to prove me wrong from my own personal experience. I personally have a hard time with the lessened stats in chult. he asked for an example I gave one. I'm a normal player. telling my normal experience in the preview server. Yes, imo the nerf makes personal survival out of the dungeons much more difficult. good for him that he has no problem. but he doesn't speak for everyone. and it doesn't make my experience to be less valid.

it's also kind of irrelevant because I think that @gromovnipljesak#8234 video showed pretty conclusively that the power creep is NOT coming from the bonding stones as claimed but the double dipp of stats.

if there is some kind of mob mentality it's because for the most part the community is united on this. we don't want the bondings nerfed for all the reasons we've given. it's NOT the answer.
    edited September 2017
    micky1p00 said:

It's great, but what you want is irrelevant when the Devs positioned an Item to have the best value/return, and where warned about it.
    Again, like I've said in that post, one player can do, is not an indicator of an average expiriance.

The devs made a mistake in making bondings as powerful as they are. There were dire (and correct) warnings on the forum at the time. They made a mistake in letting it go on so long. That makes it hard to make changes now.

They made a mistake in how the changes were introduced. Many players did build around bonding because it gave by far the best return on investment. They should have offered an exchange mechanism for players that wish they had made a similar investment in something else after the change in meta (since they let the brokenness go on for so long).

Many players made mistakes in their reaction. Some assumed a nefarious purpose. Some attacked the devs personally (that's never OK!) Some assumed that something posted in an Official Feedback Thread is written in stone. Some assumed the game will become unplayable by all but some privileged 1%.

At least in the United States, we live in a world where "the other side" is treated as if it's some great evil out to get us. It's an incredible failure when two sides can't have a civil discussion about a point of disagreement and come to a compromise that's reasonable for all.

I'm here as a player to stand up for what I think is right. I will challenge statements that I find factually false. By all means, challenge my statements that you find factually false. I'll respect you for it if you bring facts and civility to the discussion. Don't throw labels on me or anyone else that disagrees with your perspective. That's just wrong.

PS - The skill involved in the R6 video is "keep moving, dodge attack animations, don't stand in red." Nothing more.

PPS - Power transfer is what gives bondings their true power. Watch for that to be addressed at some point. Try to be civil about it, and try to trust that the system designers will rebalance the game as appropriate.

micky1p00 said:

The devs made a mistake in making bondings as powerful as they are. There were dire (and correct) warnings on the forum at the time. They made a mistake in letting it go on so long. That makes it hard to make changes now.

They made a mistake in how the changes were introduced. Many players did build around bonding because it gave by far the best return on investment. They should have offered an exchange mechanism for players that wish they had made a similar investment in something else after the change in meta (since they let the brokenness go on for so long).

Many players made mistakes in their reaction. Some assumed a nefarious purpose. Some attacked the devs personally (that's never OK!) Some assumed that something posted in an Official Feedback Thread is written in stone. Some assumed the game will become unplayable by all but some privileged 1%.

At least in the United States, we live in a world where "the other side" is treated as if it's some great evil out to get us. It's an incredible failure when two sides can't have a civil discussion about a point of disagreement and come to a compromise that's reasonable for all.

I'm here as a player to stand up for what I think is right. I will challenge statements that I find factually false. By all means, challenge my statements that you find factually false. I'll respect you for it if you bring facts and civility to the discussion. Don't throw labels on me or anyone else that disagrees with your perspective. That's just wrong.

PS - The skill involved in the R6 video is "keep moving, dodge attack animations, don't stand in red." Nothing more.

Where I threw labels ?

Yes, as I've said, I can do it too, for now, If I was 10 years older I probably wouldn't be able to, or if didn't have thousands of hours playing games. It's not something new, or because of bondings, I've always of the opinion that dailies must be casual friendly and easier. And the dungeons (group content in general) harder (requiring team work, etc..).

But this is moot, again, the dungeon is a DPS check, you can be the best dodger, good enough to go naked, and you will fail, because there is a timer, in first it's the Temp HP, and the last it's the souls.

I did test it, and I lost at least 10% crit and have to completely rebuild my character to get it back. I may get there like what 30 million AD? (I can only dream of that much AD) from now.

How much does a loss of 10% crit affect your game play?

That's not a rhetorical question. It's helpful in striking a new balance to see player feedback about how the changes affect the things they do in the game. Is there something you used to win that now you can't? Is something taking 1% longer, 10%, twice as long? The developers acknowledged in their initial post a need to rebalance content along with the bonding change. Specific player feedback helps to strike a good balance.

edited September 2017

Just that Augments don't die and give a clear advantage in some content, such as 2nd boss Turtle in FBI or the Stonegazer boss in MSP.

Companion's Gift doesn't fall off just because a companion dies. That used to be the case. Note how the buff icon remains active while the companion is dead and until it begins to respawn. That's one of the "lack of trade-offs" that the previous changes to bonding runestones created.