What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    When refining artifacts, I do not want to click for every single rank. That's 139 clicks to upgrade an artifact and that doesn't even include the number of times I must click for pres wards. It even contains a very noticeable delay where the refine button is disabled.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    My marks didn't convert over to Enchanting Stones on preview

• Options
    einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    There needs to be a slider for artifacts to upgrade multiple ranks, and a button to upgrade the entire tier with one click if you have the required RP. I don't like having to click "refine" over and over just to get an artifact from green to blue, and repeat this process again even more times for every tier.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Game set, Match. Neverwinter is officially over:) it was a good ride. Peace.

Bye, Felicia!
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Its in the patch notes that marks are not converting yet in this build.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    armadeonx said:

Uh, so if I'm understanding this right, levelling up artifacts (not artifact gear) means that instead of using artifact feeders with a total of around 600k RP points during 2x refinement events, it'll now cost 500k RP?

i was in preview today. I have a lantern that is worth 1.7 mil rp outside of preview (in another power arti), in preview it was worth about 5900 rp. a r9 runestone is worth 7500 rp. at level 70 it is about 4000 rp a level.
  • Options
    fifiasshat#6874 fifiasshat Member Posts: 1 Arc User

What about the future of leadership RP most people have spent mths leveling it up so you can destroy and the RP items that it makes? How dare you take a item that I have spent time effort and money to make/buy

how about reading the post thoroughly before assuming things? they clearly stated that ANY place the stones would normally drop will now be REPLACED with gemstones i.e peridots, aquamarines, sapphires, opals... Which means the coffers from leadership will now drop gemstones instead of resonance stones.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Now that artifacts do not gain (feeder) why sigils can't be turned back into RP ?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Finally got the patch and managed to do some tinkering.

The overall goals seem to have been met (though there is still work to do). The removal of all the stones and enchants as drops was immediately apparent in my inventory and I still had no trouble getting a good amount of RP from a run to the first boss and a complete eToS run.

As darthtzarr mentioned the amount of RP that each item (or stack) is worth is not apparent in the interface, making it harder to make decisions about what to do.

What is needed to refine something up a level isn't apparent until you have enough RP to actually refine it. This means you cannot prepare as easily for something by either purchasing or running content for the enchanting stones you need. (I did get one from an Invoke bag).

Bonding stones seem fine, though it is hard to test when so much stats are lost in comparison to on Live. (I'm down 50k HP, and either a lot of power or a lot of ArP.) I'm currently testing by "feel" rather than with any sort of log monitoring. But given I soloed eToS with weaker stats, a weaker companion and the only change is a trans lightning instead of my usual Pure Terror and I haven't manged this yet on Live... I'm thinking the situation is fine, at least for my OP Tank.

Bugs
    When you refine something the amount of RP you have does not show on the interface.
    You cannot refine blue gear.
    Not all purple gear is selected when you choose to refine gear, only my Vivified chest was selected despite having quite a bit of stuff lingering in my inventory.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    Remove discard option (from refinement) completely.
    Now discard = convert

Do not warn if Rank10s+ are being discarded.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    gameover#3406 gameover Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello to all the members of the community,
    since i have been following the posts throughout the beginning of the announcement from the developers about the upcomming changes i would like to offer my opinion aswell.

To begin with dear Developers you for sure know how to anger your playersbase and make them want to quit the game, since you basicly try to change parts of the game which contribute to the overall build of any class. With that being said even as much as touching the bonus from bondings will bring a serious decrease to the playerbase (do remember mod 6 please we do not want one more Exodus like that!), furthermore as mentioned by many players changing the whole refinement system might not be a bad idea but it is seriously changing the whole game mechanics which is basicly making zero sense since most people are used to it, nontheless a rather good change. Now to come back to the bonding runestones topic if you guys do not want the bondings beings so overpowered just bring other runestones like eldricht close to it, but remember the difference bondings = having a pet that might actually die and not even be near the battle cause it is stuck somewhere, so when people use pets with bondings are arleady taking a big risk so it is only obvious that they should be awarded equally, what i mean by that is that if you use an augmented pet you do not need to worry if it stucks somewhere or dies or wte you always have the stats (not to mention you get the hp from augmented but not from companions with bondings (duh!)). Moreover you guys actually bringing up eldricht runestones so much that you make people feel that bondings will be useless, i mean eldricht giving stats on offense slots + 100% uptime + something like 150 to 195% stats increase, like really now why would i even use a pet with bonding runestones if it only gives me around 211% with 3 x bondings r14 (new rank) and 1 companion legendary, it really makes no freaking sense.. take for example MSP with the changes you are going to take it makes nosense for anybody to even risk going with a companion pet with bondings on the second boss, therefore all players will use the augmented companions since they do not need to take any risk and the overall stats do not have such a great difference if my calculations are not wrong. All in all and i am sorry to say this but since i have been here since the beta was released and i have never said a thing no matter how crappy the changes were, this time you guys really did it if you are so obsessed with helping new players why do you want to screw over players that have been player for longer and spent tons of hours, ad and even real money on the game by changing the game so much that we will have to revaluate all of our builds, this is just insane and in my opinion it in the end only a way for you to make more money since people gonna spend to get the new r14, get augmented, get eldricht and other stuff so basicly you really do not care about what we have spent to get where we are now and just want us to spend more money and though i might stay to see the changes and see how this new mod of yours is going to be you are basicly provoking people to leave the game and this is seriously not cool atall.

PS: Stop this absurd prank, nerfing bondings = losing people get that in your minds.
    PS: Excuse my language but this is seriously taking me back to mod 6.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I may of missed it somewhere, but is this going live on console at the same time?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    vida44 said:

I suggest you return Coal and Pres wards to the Tarmalune store.

I highly doubt that would happen, but I would be very happy to see things like Marks of Potency and Enchanting Stones show up in the trade bar store.

• Options
    newhero20newhero20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    We dont wanna change stats fo bondings. If youre make it, increase the properties of other stones will not work. Also bonding will be weaken us.Bondings at full bore made runs now, it's going to be harder across the board for everyone.do not play with these stones.do not set limits for these bondings.Sincerely.
  • Options
    barishnbarishn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    you are always changing the values of the stones and trying to bring in innovation. This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you can not foresee it, why did you bring it first. The players gave so much effort. First of all, you have to pay for the time that the players spend.
    How players will start producing new things. They will not make money. Is that a good thing for you? By doing so, you will not win new players.
    Ps: You can not set balance more characters and everyone is so different. first make the character balances and then play with the stones
  • Options
    ortam35ortam35 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Do not interfere with the bonding stats. This will not be good for new players.It may be easy for you to say it, but put yourself in the place of new players.We are curious. "How much do you think of new players."
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Now that artifacts do not gain (feeder) why sigils can't be turned back into RP ?

What I would suggest is if a class sigil is rare quality or greater, it can be crunched, to prevent repeatedly claiming rank 1 artifacts to farm RP. It's a fairly big loss of invested points so all this does is allow players who have changed their artifact setup to reclaim *some* of the investment.

If a Heart of the Red Dragon is legendary or greater, it can be crunched. I don't know what else to do about it other than making two different item IDs for pack artifacts and dropped artifacts.

I may of missed it somewhere, but is this going live on console at the same time?

It's Module 12b. So... no.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kizilok2727kizilok2727 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Brutal,sudden precision and other rings not workin on test server..?
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Is there info on % chances and materials required for upgrading artifacts?

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Supposed to be no changes other than a swap of the specific marks to the global enchantment stones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

lantern22 said:

Supposed to be no changes other than a swap of the specific marks to the global enchantment stones.
    Thnx.

Better make use of my feeders now then.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    A rought

micky1p00 said:

What I would suggest is if a class sigil is rare quality or greater, it can be crunched, to prevent repeatedly claiming rank 1 artifacts to farm RP. It's a fairly big loss of invested points so all this does is allow players who have changed their artifact setup to reclaim *some* of the investment.

If a Heart of the Red Dragon is legendary or greater, it can be crunched. I don't know what else to do about it other than making two different item IDs for pack artifacts and dropped artifacts.

It's Module 12b. So... no.
    I've checked only briefly, but from what I saw, reclaiming wont help, empty artifact wont give anything (or 1 RP) and after that it always returns less than invested. So I don't see an issue for class artifacts.
    The dragon one indeed an issue, what I think th e best solution is, is that it will return (normal value - rank60 worth value) so when you claim it you get 0, and then you get the regular invest / return ratios.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Bonding stones seem fine, though it is hard to test when so much stats are lost in comparison to on Live. (I'm down 50k HP, and either a lot of power or a lot of ArP.) I'm currently testing by "feel" rather than with any sort of log monitoring. But given I soloed eToS with weaker stats, a weaker companion and the only change is a trans lightning instead of my usual Pure Terror and I haven't manged this yet on Live... I'm thinking the situation is fine, at least for my OP Tank.

Hmmm....changes to bondings shouldn't affect HP...
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > Now that artifacts do not gain (feeder) why sigils can't be turned back into RP ?
    >
    > What I would suggest is if a class sigil is rare quality or greater, it can be crunched, to prevent repeatedly claiming rank 1 artifacts to farm RP. It's a fairly big loss of invested points so all this does is allow players who have changed their artifact setup to reclaim *some* of the investment.
    >
    > If a Heart of the Red Dragon is legendary or greater, it can be crunched. I don't know what else to do about it other than making two different item IDs for pack artifacts and dropped artifacts. I may of missed it somewhere, but is this going live on console at the same time?
    >
    > It's Module 12b. So... no.

Free rp is hardly any issue with these sigils. There is going to be a sea of cheap to the point of being free Artis out there once they are valueless as feeders. A level 70 arti is worth less rp than an r9 runestone. A green arti won't even be worth looking at
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

Hmmm....changes to bondings shouldn't affect HP...
    They don't but being on Preview means I'm not getting my Guild Boon or my VIP HP, so I'm down 50k HP. Hence its hard to make a direct comparison.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.