test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

No more set swapin.. Penalty is just toooo HIGH!

PTR
    Rank 60 Equipment costs ~ 230000 PR
    and Discard button gives = 46467 RP

Same with artifacts:
    500000 RP became 150024 RP

@noworries#8859 Penalty should be at least 60%.

Unlikely I'll be here for Mod 13.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    scathias said:

How is this going to affect Leadership? Are the stones from Leadership still going to be unbound and auctionable?

Are there any plans to make up for Enchantments not dropping in normal play in regards to the Gem Donations for Strongholds?

Leadership will still have unbound RP.

Strongholds now accept gemstones for that donation, which are what will be dropping most of the time now.
    For clarity here, are you saying that instead of mobs dropping rank 5s etc, they will now drop BoE refining stones like peridots?
    Mob drops are unbound. I saw mostly black pearls in the little time I was killin' things.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Bug: No reliable way to get Empowered Runestone
    This item is missing from Bradda's store at any rank.

Bug: Tooltip updates pending
    These are items I checked for updated loot tables that were working correctly (dropped new refinement stones) but had old tooltips that still indicated they'd drop enchants or old stones. Adamantine Gauntlet, daily and weekly reward containers in Dread Ring, refinement bags from exchanging bounty items in levelling zones, HE reward container from Drowned Shore (assume all EE zones will be the same).

Quest reward bags from Dread Ring really need to stack now
    These not stacking was previously just an inconvenience since there was no real benefit to stockpiling them once the boxes took up more space than the stones they'd drop, as they were not affected by 2xGem events. Now that they will be affected by 2xGem events, players saving them should be supported. I can understand not wanting to offer the same for invocation reward bags due to wanting to squelch automation where possible and coupons and stuff, but DR quests do require the player to do something, and it's all character-bound RP.

Alternatively, make the quests grant a fixed amount of RP (like Sharandar) and eliminate the containers entirely so players can only get double rewards for quests turned in while an event is running, if you really feel saving them up would ruin everything.

--------------

FYI community: I also checked daily and weekly quests in Sharandar and Dread Ring, which give equivalent amounts of RP as before in universal RP, existing bind statuses. I intend to check more quests and HE rewards time permitting.

Contest rewards are updated to drop RP stones instead of runes/enchants. I got 5 white pearls for winning in The Chasm. Sounds about right as IIRC it was rank 3s before.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Bug: Invoke coffer tooltip/types
    Also requires updating to reflect new loot items. Probably needs to be consolidated into one box since it's all the same stuff.

RP stones and wards from boxes opened on preview dropped BtA. The enchantment stones were unbound. This may or may not be intentional.

While updated to drop new loot roughly equivalent to current loot, these remain utterly pathetic. It's an epic container that can't actually drop epic items. I opened 82 and received 2 emeralds among my loot, otherwise green/blue potency and enchantment stones. Add epic potency and enchantment stones to their potential drops and they might actually be worth opening. As it stands, getting one of these just means more of the same items we'll be able to reliably mass-produce in Leadership. Hasn't been good since level 60 cap and not improved by the new system.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Can someone clarify how these changes impact running Leadership for refinement please?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    There is a QoL improvement I've thought about for a long time, and these new ranks on all these enchants makes it relevant again:

Add an "Enchantments" tab to the collections page so we can see what all the stats and features are of every normal/weapon/armor enchantment and runestone within the game, instead of having to look them up on a website.
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Artifacts and artifact gear should be treated separately from other RP source.

Converting them into RP is a waste because they are treated like normal enchantments/resonance and other stones, no matter if you wanted them to be fed in your new weapons or artefacts.

I would suggest to put back a slot (where you can put your old artefact) in the refining window of the new target artifacts or artefact gear.

Otherwise, it is too much of a loss.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    Are you planning to do something with class artifacts?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    A lot of feedback over the long weekend.

Why is there a discard button for items that convert into RP?

We left this in to reduce confusion during the change over. The concern being that there will be players who log in without having followed what the changes are. If they saw no discard option, they may start sending in Customer Service tickets about items being stuck in their inventory that they can't discard. That is why there are currently two tooltips which do the same thing.

Major Enchanting Stone Drop

It is starting out in the chult dungeon, but it will expand to other places as the game continues forward. T14s are meant for end game players to be working towards, which is why this ingredient is in the newest dungeon.

Restrict higher level enchantments/runestones from automatically going into the conversion window.

That is something we can look into. We have been trying to find the right balance between ease of player use and protection from grabbing the wrong items and converting them into RP. We don't want it to be overly restricted, but we also don't want someone destroying their transcendent enchantment by accident. Purple enchantments/runestones may be a good place to be at.

Why can only green gear be broken down into RP?

At high levels we felt most players would break down blue or better gear for AD instead of RP. If players think they will often break down their blue gear for RP, we can bring the cutoff up to that point.

Empowered Runestones

There has been lots of talk about these items. Some in favor, some concerned that it was too high of a number. We will keep an eye on this. Maybe a lower max such as 20,000 is a good first step to take.

Suggest changing the prefix of Enchanting Stones to match the tiers they're used at.

Not a bad idea, will look into it.

Suggest adding a prefix to the tier between lesser and greater for both enchanting stones and enhancements to make the items easier to search on the auction house.

Also not a bad idea and will look into it.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    Make a prompt to write "convert" or something when you're about to convert a high-rank enchantment or runestone. To avoid people turning their weapon enchants into RP.
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I'm interested why none is protesting the only source of enchanting stones needed to upgrade anything high level:

It looks like they are available only from hardests dungeon availiable (and possibly lockboxes).

How low level are supposed to progress, particularly considering that AD sources are cut?

The current source of marks is dread ring, and it is possible to farm instances for marks when needed. So low level character does not have to amass AD to make any upgrade. If ToNG will be only source of enchanting stones, then character progression will be stopped.

NVM It is a tooltip error, only enchants need them, from 13-14. Still a bad idea that they only drop from TonG.
    I already feel it's gonna be bound.
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    c3rb3r3 said:

There are some people here wh

I'm interested why none is protesting the only source of enchanting stones needed to upgrade anything high level:

It looks like they are available only from hardests dungeon availiable (and possibly lockboxes).

How low level are supposed to progress, particularly considering that AD sources are cut?

The current source of marks is dread ring, and it is possible to farm instances for marks when needed. So low level character does not have to amass AD to make any upgrade. If ToNG will be only source of enchanting stones, then character progression will be stopped.

NVM It is a tooltip error, only enchants need them, from 13-14. Still a bad idea that they only drop from TonG.
    I already feel it's gonna be bound.
    It is unbound
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

At high levels we felt most players would break down blue or better gear for AD instead of RP. If players think they will often break down their blue gear for RP, we can bring the cutoff up to that point.

Not all blue gear is salvageable. Not all purple gear is salvageable too. If these are discarded, they will get nothing?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

Not all blue gear is salvageable. Not all purple gear is salvageable too. If these are discarded, they will get nothing?
    Good point. Maybe make all blue or higher gear salvageable? :#
  • Options
    david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hi, I didnt read the hole thread after weend, so may be someone did suggest this before;

It is possible to have the RP in the shared bank, in a similar way we manage the tarmalune bars?

Otherwise many of us will continue to stock on inventory RP stuff unbroken untill we decide in which char we are going to use it, I think this is not the intention of this change.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I didn't have a piece of un-salvageable blue gear to test, but if rare equipment like Piercing Ring of Agility can't be used for RP, that's a little unintuitive (but it can be vendored or used as mimic fodder).

Purple gear that can't be salvaged is always worth tossing in the SH mimic. Only rare exceptions like outgrown Mulhorands don't work for either, and there's *nothing* you're allowed to do with those, not even vendor. I wouldn't worry about purple equipment.

If the system has to go by quality and can't exempt items with the "salvageable" tag, my inclination would be to leave it as-is. Endgame players likely have more salvage than miscellaneous rare gear and very few of them would be feeling this as an RP loss, I should think.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

Restrict higher level enchantments/runestones from automatically going into the conversion window.

That is something we can look into. We have been trying to find the right balance between ease of player use and protection from grabbing the wrong items and converting them into RP. We don't want it to be overly restricted, but we also don't want someone destroying their transcendent enchantment by accident. Purple enchantments/runestones may be a good place to be at.

As long as these can be manually processed by double-clicking them or adding to the window with that "add single item" button, I'd be ok with this. But I don't want to be stuck with bound rank 7s from promotions and nothing to do with them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Hi, I didnt read the hole thread after weend, so may be someone did suggest this before;

It is possible to have the RP in the shared bank, in a similar way we manage the tarmalune bars?

Otherwise many of us will continue to stock on inventory RP stuff unbroken untill we decide in which char we are going to use it, I think this is not the intention of this change.

RP is not sharable. Yes, you still need to stock them but you will have less varieties to stock. For one, the character bound stuff can be converted right the way to save their current inventory slots.
    Even if they make it sharable, you will still stock unbound stuff like you are doing now so that you can sell them to AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

green artifacts can be converted to rp, no warning
    http://imgur.com/dAPITmT

Does it occur to anyone that the items to be converted appear in a window so you can review them before running the process to make sure there's nothing in there you don't want to convert?

You can drag any item off the UI that you don't want to process.

FYI, this also grabs an epic cloak and belt I'm in the process of refining. It might even grab legendary items too, if you have multiple items you use for loadouts, which does become a problem since loadouts can't interact with items in your bank.

If you have items that you are only storing, you can place them in your bank and they will not be eligible for auto-refinement.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Sorry in advance if this has been asked before, i dont have the heart the time nor the will and desire to read 12 pages of feedback.
    @noworries#8859

The mimic in SH is taking up gems for construction. What are we going to feed the mimic with now? Since we cant give peridots or opal or idk what and gemstones are going to be the currency dropping now specially from leadership.

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    eolee said:

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before, i dont have the heart the time nor the will and desire to read 12 pages of feedback.

The mimic in SH is taking up gems for construction. What are we going to feed the mimic with now? Since we cant give peridots or opal or idk what and gemstones are going to be the currency dropping now specially from leadership.

Thanks in advance.

It was mentioned upthread that the mimic will now accept these stones as gems.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 adding a lock button for any item you dont want to ever accidently break down or discard would go along way. there are other situations one fears losing high value items. what if we're trying to just take out an enchant but hit destroy instead of remove? having it locked from destruction would be awesome.