What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Updated 7/21) Tomb of Annihilation Preview Patch Notes: NW.85.20170711b.5

Comments

• Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    scathias said:

@terramak, currently if you accumulate too many (over 200) empty AH mail messages over the course of normal selling you can also no longer use the AH until you delete the offending number of empty AH mail messages. This gets pretty irritating really fast, especially since there is no option to select multiple mail messages quickly, so you are stuck deleting each message on it's own.

If you open the mail window and select a mail you can use the up and down arrows to move between messages. I use this for mass deleting well hovering my mouse over the delete button for fast access.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Delete button on keyboard works as well. Hit delete button then mouse button. Easy for me as I clear my mail frequently.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    terramak said:

UPDATE: NeverwinterPreview (Americas and Europe public test shard) and Lurker (Russian language public test shard) are both updated with the build: NW.85.20170711b.4.
    This build is ostensibly a release candidate, though we'll still keep our eyes open for things that may change our mind on the matter.

The original posts of this thread have been updated, with changes in light blue text.

General:
    Sorry again about the lack of response to feedback on my side!

@miserinha - Regarding Portuguese localization: Unfortunately, we've stopped official support for localization in this language. If there are some egregiously bad / misleading translations, I can remove localized strings on a case-by-case basis (which will cause them to revert to English text), but it's unfortunately a bit of a taller order to get appropriate changes made in Portuguese. Sorry for the disappointment. :(

Stuff are really bad in Portuguese version, i stopped playing it because it's a mix soup, for example:

Well of dragons in the map should be - "Fosso dos Dragões" but instead is "Àrvore do Linchamento" wich means lynching tree, that mission from Neverdeath graveyard and river district.

Dread Ring shows : "Ruinas velhas de Sharandar" that means "Old sharandar Ruins" but should say "Circulo do Pavor"

On it's turn Sharandar shows Gantlgrym......and so does summer fest.

Also lot's of texts have mixed language, for example elemental weapons bonus will get the string field for the bonus in Portuguese but the remaining text is English. I don't want anyone to flame me but probably the best would be completely eliminate the Portuguese version because it's misleading as it is.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Just answer my question do u think sod hitting for 500 is good for the game?

your thought that the player did 300m hit in 6 seconds(before the demise) damaging my iq .
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    niadan said:

Delete button on keyboard works as well. Hit delete button then mouse button. Easy for me as I clear my mail frequently.

You can go even further - use "1" keyboard button instead of mouse. You can actually accept almost all windows using this key. This way I delete dozens of messages in second (but make sure you will not delete anything by mistake..).
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @terramak

After some thought and discussions i was wrong. Unresistable means can ignore any kind of resist
    including tenacity -immunity frames-blocking- special mitigation shields ( blocking- cw shield-astral shield) that is the reason i guess changed in pvp. ( totaly different than piercing damage function which can mitigated from special shields-tenacity).
    Question about assailant function in pvp : shouldnt assailant get benefits as any normal damage from buff debuff since it can be resisted -deflected in pvp?

Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    @terramak
    Could someone remove the holes from the floor by the dummies so that I don't keep shooting my daunting light into the waters below?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    dimmasik#8212 dimmasik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Companions bug still appears and all stats smaller on test server. And stats jumps everytime, if i put orange companions.
    1) main server
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-sig6QUpVI

2) test server
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoeBW-3u0Y (without guilds stats, but it does not matter for crit, armor penetration...)

and other with screen
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

niadan said:

You can go even further - use "1" keyboard button instead of mouse. You can actually accept almost all windows using this key. This way I delete dozens of messages in second (but make sure you will not delete anything by mistake..).
    The mail will only let me delete about 1 message per second even with using arrow keys and hitting 1 to accept the confimation window, perhaps it is because my internet is slow. Either way, fixing the tag on AH mail messages so that the tag is removed when the mail message is empty would be really helpful
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

@terramak @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859

Why do we have this option...
    ...if it is all character bound? Can we have it account bound, so that we can still gear our alts with seals?

@terramak please fix this ASAP.

Even the rings are bound to character on pickup. It doesn't make any sense.

Why is relic armor the only armor avalaible at the seal vendor? Relic has to be restored which basically kills the whole idea of getting mediocre but cheap armor for one's alts.

Either replace it with already restore relic armor or add elven armor as another option.

Please do it before the release!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Assailing Force does not scale with debuffs.
    @rgutscheradev there is an inconsistency with the piercing damage changes whereby Assailing Force does not scale with debuffs. Whilst Assailing Force is not strictly piercing damage (it is classes as "unresistable") this does make it behave inconsistently with every other damage type in the game. I would appreciate if this was changed.
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    WTF is the point of viewing armor for other classes on the seal vendor if everything is bound to character upon pickup? I smell a day 1 patch. Either that or I smell a mass exodus of the 30 people who actually stuck with this game cause you have just literally killed 70% of player RAD gains by making everything bound to character instead of account from seals. Now there is absolutely no way to feed your alts salvage since its all character bound. Great job guys, way to kill your game!
  • Options
    Ok now it frustrates me that this game has been on test for a while now and nobody has really addressed the blatant bad things in this new module. Here are the following reasons why when this module drops I wills top playing this product:

1. You have eliminated salvage sharing completely. There is now no way for a person to play just 1 character and transfer his extra salvage off to other toons. Everything is character bound and even if you put in the bandaid of allowing the oddly setup other class view menu to be account bound, those are all unrestored rechargeable HAMSTER that only gives 1100 RAD for 300 seals...of the protector. In the current system we could transfer the element gear to alts. Now we cannot unless we restore the armor first. You are literally cockblocking our RAD gains behind the already disgusting rechargeable gear model that NOBODY WANTS.

2. Everything in this game now on preview is significantly harder to kill. I would even go as far as to say that the game feels very much the same as it did after Elemental Evil launch. I tried equipping major ARP and upgrading to new armor but the bottom line is that even things as simple as Arcane Resevoir are hairy to do alone again. Like did you guys learn NOTHING from elemental evil launch? This game is absolutely awful to play on Preview. This is even with trans weapon enchants from the vendor. On live I only have greaters! how much worse will it be then!

3. Why the HAMSTER do we not have VIp or a default all guild boons on preview? I mean its not exactly like its enjoyable playing there instead of live anyway with no store and no auction house.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Can a dev please confirm if Protector Seal items are intended to stay BtC on pickup? My understanding of the blog post Stronger Enemies etc... was that seal items would be BtA and the reasons why Elven is BtC are no longer held to be valid. While my characters can earn their own seal items, being able to run a dungeon for the daily RAD and the send the seal value to another character is important in allowing me to manage the invoke bonus without having to run every character all the time. The invoke bonus was to require us to actually play for our Astral Diamonds and that is what I am doing.

Please review/reconsider this issue prior to mod 12 release.

The shards in the protector seals trader also cost 300 seals a piece instead of 100 on live. Granted you can pick any type, that's cool but 300 seals for one shard that's crazy.

The only salvageable items are the rings which cost 300 seals and yield 4000 RAD. This translates into 900 seals of the elements with which you can buy, on live, 3 blue rings which yield 6000 RAD in total. This is another serious nerf to seals salvage.

Everything about this seal trader is so wrong please review it before launch.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev
    Add me to the list of concerned CWs that wish for Assailant to scale with debuffs.
  • Options
    gbrlpf22gbrlpf22 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yeah Assailing Force is doing the same thing as Piercing dmg does.. but its not considered a Piercing Damage... kinda unfair :(
    Mara Canà - Trickster Rogue 15k - Strawberry Yakuza
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    > @asterdahl said:
    > There are unbound items available for seals of the protector currently, in regards to the elven armor being bound to character, this was done at the time because there was an idea that the team did not want players to earn best in slot for their alts without actually playing them in the content. The sets were never updated when they were no longer best in slot and we have since moved away from that idea in general.
    >
    > As such, you can expect the new equipment available for protector's seals to be bound to account.

@terramak @asterdahl Is this going to be updated prior to the launch of mod 12? Everything you can buy with protector seals is still BtC.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    dmcewen said:

> @asterdahl said:

> There are unbound items available for seals of the protector currently, in regards to the elven armor being bound to character, this was done at the time because there was an idea that the team did not want players to earn best in slot for their alts without actually playing them in the content. The sets were never updated when they were no longer best in slot and we have since moved away from that idea in general.

>

> As such, you can expect the new equipment available for protector's seals to be bound to account.

@terramak @asterdahl Is this going to be updated prior to the launch of mod 12? Everything you can buy with protector seals is still BtC.

nope for its not updated on the final build you prepatched a couple days ago lol
  • Options
    dupeks said:

kitkathd said:

tom#6998 said:

kitkathd said:

Meanwhile in other news, content for normal non whale players are twice as hard now after the changes to RI and debuffs, and they are removing sharable salvage from the game completely...yet you all care about some 18k IL TR who bragged about a WoB cycle that paid off big time with 4 whale teammates buffing him. Yes, this is how this game dies ladies and gentlemen. With idiots looking at a shiny object while everything around them burns. This release will be worse than Elemental Evil. I am going from being able to solo demiplanes and HE's to failing He's by time and failing to kill demi bosses due to inability to lifesteal back enough health due to doing HAMSTER damage to things.

lol only the new zone is harder. stick with sharandar if you arent rdy yet.

and defiantone just again showed he has no clue lol
    You are wrong. The changes to Debuffs helped a party but kills solo'ing. It also makes the sub 13k game ALOT harder to solo. RD, Bryn, Cold run, Lonelywood dailies. All hard to do now, took twice as long in some cases couldn't be done at all. The difference between live Arcane Resevoir and Current preview version Arcane Resevoir is that I can't just train to the end anymore. Since I do 1/3 the damage to things, I don't lifesteal enough nor do I kill fast enough to prevent all the healers. The only way to do AR now is the normal early days of killing the packs as I get to them. Things will die alot slower solo unless you are a whale. They have broken the early/mid IL gameplay. I don't know what the dungeons will be like but my guess is that KR and Shores will also be alot harder as well. I was missing my Guild boons but swapping in rank 12's and trans weapon enchant should have made up for that. Everything just takes so much less damage now and our lifesteals scale to that damage making us heal for less.
    You're going to help me understand why you think the debuff changes are responsible. For anything less than +100% debuffs the reduction is only about down to 90% which is a 10% damage hit. And that's ONLY if you manage to get it that high. Which for a solo player, only a CW could even come close to that, and only for brief periods of time.

It's much more likely that a solo player could consistently be doing damage with 50% in debuffs, which is only being reduced to 43.5% and 1- (1.5 - 1.43)/1.5 = 0.95333333333 or <5% nerf to outgoing damage.

My immediate thought is that you forgot just how important the loss of Guild Boons is on preview, which account for a lot of your stats (a couple R12's and trans enchants don't even come close... it sounds like you're being very imprecise with your claims). Either that, or something else is going on. But it's incredibly unlikely that debuffs are responsible as you claim. </p>
    In the mid level game, alot of our performance comes from meeting the arp and small debuffs giving us the "bonus" damage that the ARP nerf removes. We will now do ALOT less damage to mildly challenging creatures in this game. If you are not a whale, things will take significantly longer to kill and our lifesteals will be significantly less making things like dailies and lairs a groupable thing again, which is what helped make Elemental Evil kill off half our player community. According to the ARP nerf thread, it is no longer possible to gain bonus damage vs targets with low armor while wielding higher ARP benefits. This directly translates to MUCH lower damage output in even the oldest of content. I highly recommend you test an 11k toon out in both live older content and preview older content. The comparisons are petrifyingly clear to me. I do 1/3 the damage and in some cases can no longer rely upon lifesteal to keep me alive, like in the cases of the kabal HE where fire does constant damage, and training to the end of older lairs like BT/AR/Dread ring lairs. To avoid the pitfall of lacking guildboons, even though my liveside guild is really low level and our boons were HAMSTER anyway, I decided to guild remove my primary toon and test out what its like on live and saw VERY LITTLE change in my damage output. But when I step onto preview the change is literally a kick to the balls in the time department. Its now ALOT longer to do common tasks like weeklies and dailies and on top of this they are removing salvage sharing so now I have to actually play my 9k IL alts to get salvage....when everything is going to take longer that is a perfect storm of a bad release. This will be as bad, if not worse than Elemental Evil.

This module in a nutshell: The lower your IL is the longer everything in the game will take to do/kill. After they have made it harder to do dailies they are adding on top of this the removal of salvage sharing. This is going to kill this games community, but hey, lets continue to complain about some whale doing 500mil. Clearly that is more important.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Assailing Force does not scale with debuffs.
    @rgutscheradev there is an inconsistency with the piercing damage changes whereby Assailing Force does not scale with debuffs. Whilst Assailing Force is not strictly piercing damage (it is classes as "unresistable") this does make it behave inconsistently with every other damage type in the game. I would appreciate if this was changed.

While playing a CW as main char and welcoming the asked changes, I can elaborate regarding the difference.

With the last big CW changes Assailing Force WAS piercing damage. This resulted in a few happy weeks for every PvP CW. The usual rotation for a CW killing a skilled PvP player was freeze him (freeze ignored block etc atm, too) and wait for one or two Assailing Force procs. Sometimes I even had to use more, then one mouse bottom.

So it was piercing damage. Due to the changes to piercing dmg they might undo the changes to Assailing Force and everyone should be happy.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Moderator Notice: Many posts have been removed as they have been deemed to be off topic for this patch notes thread and as well as they were back and forth arguing, bickering, and detract from the thread's topic. If one feels there is a bug to report with Shadow of Demise on Preview, please report it in the proper place and format for such bug reports. Bug reports should not be posted as discussions or in any fashion that calls out other players for their opinions and feedback. Thanks!

Please do not reply to this Moderator Notice, for doing so is not allowed per the Rules & Policies. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss Forum Moderation.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    dmcewen said:

> @asterdahl said:

>

Yeah, not following through with this change is going to be a huge problem.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.