test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 11b Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170322a.3 (Updated 3/28)

Comments

• Options
    midentalmidental Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hi but old masterwork armour will be updated to the new ones or i have to rebuild armour? Are completly new armour or an upgrade of the old "adamantine" ?

Thanks
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    If the ability to add another permanent boon structure to a maxed out level 20 guild is not part of the new mod.....please add more permanent boon structure plots.
  • Options
    krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    The loadout idea is fine... Im not sure if it has anything to do with the recent change that keeps me from switching gear when I have aggro, but that has been a serious DOWNGRADE. Theres no reason to stealth nerf the ability to switch in lets say an eye of lathender towards the end of a long fight like FBI Turtle or Orcus.

Not being able to change while it was on cool down (the old system) was understandable. Please put that back.

... excellent work finally getting some decore into the SH.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    LOadout is a help but not entirely a 2nd build or 3rd build. When we talk about roles dps-buff-debuff-pvp-pve enchants may are different and one of the important things in some cases: the race. Loadout force you to use the same race for all builds.
    WHat i am trying to say having a 2nd character because of the race will still be viable.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

LOadout is a help but not entirely a 2nd build or 3rd build. When we talk about roles dps-buff-debuff-pvp-pve enchants may are different and one of the important things in some cases: the race. Loadout force you to use the same race for all builds.
    WHat i am trying to say having a 2nd character because of the race will still be viable.

Viable, sure, but loadouts still bring a lot. I just wish they included enchants, since that is probably the biggest cost of switching "builds" between pvp/buff/solo on my cleric. Well, short of feat/paragon path, which I am very happy to see in loadouts.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    midental said:

Hi but old masterwork armour will be updated to the new ones or i have to rebuild armour? Are completly new armour or an upgrade of the old "adamantine" ?

Thanks

Any insight on changes in materials for building the new armor? Do the stats change for the old armor? Ty
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    midental said:

Thanks

old remain and add new.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    I've updated the original post in this thread with:
    * Changes in the .3 build. (Crash fix and "catch-up" token in Wondrous Bazaar to start storyline.)
    * Correction on incorrect sub-feature of Loadouts. (Companions are not covered by this feature - sorry for the misinformation.)
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    terramak said:

* Correction on incorrect sub-feature of Loadouts. (Companions are not covered by this feature - sorry for the misinformation.)

But it would have been such a useful and welcome addition to the feature! Maybe you were just ahead of your time and this is going to be included with the next update, right? <3

Seriously though, since companions are such an important aspect of builds these days, leaving the companions (and mounts) out of loadouts is a major sadface.

Any chance you can comment on the Relic Gear stat changes?
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229586/relic-gear-nerf-why/p1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Understood! I'm sure it's been discussed by our development team, but I don't know where it stands in the "Supports good overall design" and "Is feasible to implement" scale.

Regarding relic gear: This may be a side effect of changing the item level. I'll raise the issue and make sure people are aware, and we'll see where we go from there. I can't say for sure whether it was intentional or accidental, since I haven't sat in on the design meetings discussing the item level update.

EDIT: Yeah, the stat change here was not intended, it appears. Official Feedback Thread: Changes to Item Level System is where stuff like that in particular will probably best be seen. Thanks again!

EDIT 2: Turns out the temporary structures disappearing in 10 seconds was caused by a setting on Preview that allowed structures to *complete* in 10 seconds for testing purposes. The Preview shard will restart sometime tomorrow, probably between 09:00 and 15:00 PDT (UTC-7), at which time we'll remove that setting. That means:
    • Stronghold structures on Preview will now take their full time to build.
    • Temporary structures won't disappear like 5-10 seconds after building them.
    Post edited by terramak on
  • Options
    midentalmidental Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thanks for reply about armour.

What about some help in guild/alli management? Very helpfull could be to see online characters of the entire Ally..... or the option to gain access or leave access to the Stroghold boons to some people.... now stronghold management is very basic and some scripts could help guild leader to manage guild and ally better.
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I have a request to improve QOL on NW [and dunno if it's thr right place to do it, and I'm sorry if it isn't]: please, make a npc that can remove reinforce kits from armor/rings, or at least give us the option to do that! It's a huge investiment of time and AD [or only AD if you bought them from AH] and wasting it when new armor is acquired is just... stupid.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    The server's been restarted, Temporary Structures in the Stronghold should now be orders of magnitude less temporary.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    - Loadouts - great QoL :)
    - new campaign window - while i liked the old one, an actual window is ok too, we only needed an auto-open function and not scroll it all the way up. If you are in Dread ring, for example, opening campaign window should open DR campaign window directly, that's it.
    - why Kessel and Shores are still in Epic Dungeon category and not skirmish?
  • Options
    Regarding Kessell's Retreat and Shores of Tuern: I believe that change was intentional in attempt to give queues a consistent category if they had consistent matching rules.

If my memory (and interpretation of a spot-check of data) serves:
    (Non-epic) Dungeon: 3 players, no role requirement, won't slot more than two of same class.
    Epic Dungeon: 5 players, requires 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 damage dealers.
    Skirmish: 5 players, no role requirement, won't slot more than two of same class.
    Trial: Greater than 5 players, requires 2 tanks, 2+ healers, and the rest damage dealers.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    terramak said:

Regarding Kessell's Retreat and Shores of Tuern: I believe that change was intentional in attempt to give queues a consistent category if they had consistent matching rules.

If my memory (and interpretation of a spot-check of data) serves:
    (Non-epic) Dungeon: 3 players, no role requirement, won't slot more than two of same class.
    Epic Dungeon: 5 players, requires 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 damage dealers.
    Skirmish: 5 players, no role requirement, won't slot more than two of same class.
    Trial: Greater than 5 players, requires 2 tanks, 2+ healers, and the rest damage dealers.

Not a good change, KR probably not but ESOT definitively needs support classes even when i go there with my GF using KV players die easily.

• Options
    I think I explained it in a weird way.

What I mean is: Kessell's Retreat and Epic Shores of Tuern were changed to the Epic Dungeon category in order to reflect that they follow the same rules as Epic / Master Dungeons - They require a Tank and a Healer class.

Unless that's not happening, or I'm misinterpreting that bit of feedback. Then again, I think we're out of the usual discussion topic of feedback threads anyway, whoops.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    terramak said:

I think I explained it in a weird way.

What I mean is: Kessell's Retreat and Epic Shores of Tuern were changed to the Epic Dungeon category in order to reflect that they follow the same rules as Epic / Master Dungeons - They require a Tank and a Healer class.

Unless that's not happening, or I'm misinterpreting that bit of feedback. Then again, I think we're out of the usual discussion topic of feedback threads anyway, whoops.

The problem we have now is that they pull from the Skirmish AD pool - they are called Skirmishes, yet from a queue perspective they are called Dungeons.

Can we not just have them sitting in the Skirmish section but leave the queue requirements on? that way everyone is happy?
  • Options

The problem we have now is that they pull from the Skirmish AD pool - they are called Skirmishes, yet from a queue perspective they are called Dungeons.

Can we not just have them sitting in the Skirmish section but leave the queue requirements on? that way everyone is happy?

Gah! I'll bring this up for addition to our tracking, thanks. Not sure whether our fix will be "Change back to Skirmish" or "Change AD rewards to Dungeon pool from Skirmish" or whatnot.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    terramak said:

Gah! I'll bring this up for addition to our tracking, thanks. Not sure whether our fix will be "Change back to Skirmish" or "Change AD rewards to Dungeon pool from Skirmish" or whatnot.
    I'd rather not change the AD rewards - since the gigantic backlash storm you'll hear if that's even an idea to be considered... The idea of a skirmish is that it's quick and easy (hence the lower AD amounts offered), which KR & ESOT both fit.
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

ok so for newer Stronghold type of Weapons to work properly and be effective your going to need to make them easier for players to obtain, the set bonus is not really that great unless you have 5 players with the same set, ontop of that, Masterwork professions are overpriced for making such items, so the easier it is to get the weapons, say place them in same place as current stronghold weapons, get rid of the armament, make it require nothing to do with profession items none what so ever please, by putting them in the stronghold vendor for weapons and making them available for Fangs and guild marks and maybe find another type of item to use besides something that comes with professions inorder to get the newer weapons, that inturn will be making everyone in each guild of litterlly almost every alliance farming dragons and such together working as a big old team having fun again, please again ty for the new patch I liking a lot of changes, just wish to see a few different changes thank you.

@terramak

And it would cause almost everyone in a guild to skip weapon farm of RD or Somi/SVA... the Devs aren't stupid... even though a lot of players want them to be.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @terramak don't remove the Skirmish ad reward from them. I can guarantee you the forum will explode with complaints.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Agreed even tough dungeon seems more fitting better not raise a little hell here ^^.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I also don't think it would be anywhere close to appropriate for Kessell/Tuern to award dungeon AD. It would mess up the balance of things.

As long as the full description of each piece of queued content accurately displays both player and party requirements, it's more confusing to call a skirmish a dungeon than it is to have a skirmish with some role requirements.

+1 to AD rewards for Tia/Demo/Svardborg. If we're supposed to earn AD by running content, put AD rewards into the content. (Also torches and pitchforks for campaign weeklies with no AD and the gutting of Foundry AD rewards.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    terramak said:

EDIT 2: Turns out the temporary structures disappearing in 10 seconds was caused by a setting on Preview that allowed structures to *complete* in 10 seconds for testing purposes. The Preview shard will restart sometime tomorrow, probably between 09:00 and 15:00 PDT (UTC-7), at which time we'll remove that setting. That means:

• Stronghold structures on Preview will now take their full time to build.
    • Temporary structures won't disappear like 5-10 seconds after building them.
    @terramak
    Actually what you've done is removed the timer completely. None of the structures now are able to be built and/or destroyed since the timer stands still on 0.

EDIT 1:
    It's like we are on Gallifrey

EDIT 2:
    Can you make that timer 5 minutes? I think that is an ok time to view wares and build fast(ish) again if needed. (it's not like we have to grind the currency to build).
This discussion has been closed.