test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 11b Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170322a.3 (Updated 3/28)

124»

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Brilliant energy enchantment still not getting a Update, still not able to upgrade it? wtf

How do you propose to upgrade it when you shouldn't legitimately be able to get more than one at a time?

I use it on alts with Mulhorand weapons and have no expectation that it should be any better than what it is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

also I thought we didn't want people basically ruling the auction house with one single profession, which basically masterwork crafting is exactly that, so adjust the costs of crafting things in those professions, reason I say this is just look at the cost of masterwork stuff from mod 8, still high cost if not the same cost, so defiantly increase drop rate of needed items for crafting or stop relying on the profession system, professions are overrated, over priced and boring at this point in the game

example lol

[Umbral Raid Longcoat] 2.6 mill for obsolete armor

question since mod 8 your guildies didnt help you make the masterworks or i live in a dream guildies help to create masterworks?
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User

terramak said:

Regarding Kessell's Retreat and Shores of Tuern: I believe that change was intentional in attempt to give queues a consistent category if they had consistent matching rules.

If my memory (and interpretation of a spot-check of data) serves:
    (Non-epic) Dungeon: 3 players, no role requirement, won't slot more than two of same class.
    Epic Dungeon: 5 players, requires 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 damage dealers.
    Skirmish: 5 players, no role requirement, won't slot more than two of same class.
    Trial: Greater than 5 players, requires 2 tanks, 2+ healers, and the rest damage dealers.

Not a good change, KR probably not but ESOT definitively needs support classes even when i go there with my GF using KV players die easily.
    You go esot without support and you die? man wtf...esot is garbage skirmish...we can almost win this solo :D

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2017
    vida44 said:

@terramak
    Actually what you've done is removed the timer completely. None of the structures now are able to be built and/or destroyed since the timer stands still on 0.

EDIT 1:
    It's like we are on Gallifrey

EDIT 2:
    Can you make that timer 5 minutes? I think that is an ok time to view wares and build fast(ish) again if needed. (it's not like we have to grind the currency to build).

@vida44 - ...How the heck did that happen? Thanks for the report, I'm baffl-- Ohh. It probably did something very, very silly and caused a mismatch in how the UI and server perceive the time, or something (I could totally be misusing or misunderstanding the concept, though). I like your suggestion, I'll probably bump it to 10 though 'cause I usually find it difficult to write feedback and get back to looking at stuff within 5 minutes.

Now here's hoping I didn't permanently break the Temp Structures on Preview. :thinking_face:

Another edit: Okay, mentioned this to the lead programmer on my team, and there was a straight-up code issue causing this. I may not have gotten the fix into this week's Preview build (we'll see), but for now I'm going to stop interfering with the Temp Structures timer, as it also affects the campaign task completion timer.

@doublea2015 - Thanks for the report, but to build on what @beckylunatic said, this enchantment was created solely as a one-time "get up and running" thing for new characters on an account with the Hero of the North pack. I doubt there are any plans to make it upgradable in the future, and I don't think it was created with high-rank balance in mind. (If there are other ways to get it, then I need to brush up on my rewards lore!)
    Post edited by terramak on
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    terramak said:

vida44 said:

@terramak
    Actually what you've done is removed the timer completely. None of the structures now are able to be built and/or destroyed since the timer stands still on 0.

EDIT 1:
    It's like we are on Gallifrey

EDIT 2:
    Can you make that timer 5 minutes? I think that is an ok time to view wares and build fast(ish) again if needed. (it's not like we have to grind the currency to build).

@vida44 - ...How the heck did that happen? Thanks for the report, I'm baffl-- Ohh. It probably did something very, very silly and caused a mismatch in how the UI and server perceive the time, or something (I could totally be misusing or misunderstanding the concept, though). I like your suggestion, I'll probably bump it to 10 though 'cause I usually find it difficult to write feedback and get back to looking at stuff within 5 minutes.

Now here's hoping I didn't permanently break the Temp Structures on Preview. :thinking_face:

Another edit: Okay, mentioned this to the lead programmer on my team, and there was a straight-up code issue causing this. I may not have gotten the fix into this week's Preview build (we'll see), but for now I'm going to stop interfering with the Temp Structures timer, as it also affects the campaign task completion timer.
    As long as we squash some bugs in the end all is good ;)
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    About enchantment from packs, you can motivate players to get them easily because of ->visuals<-
    Founder's and gray cloak are basically Black ice enchantments (i don't know if gray cloak is bugged but founder's have a nice gold glow), so i bet there would be people interested in them.

Solution: Make them illimitable reclaimable as lvl 1 bta but not usable as refinement.That way people would refine them from lvl 1 to 12, no changes in appearance between the lvls just the stats, the production cost from 1 to lvl 7 would pass all other enchantments so no problem about that either;

About brilliant energy, many players don't use mulhorand because of the price, they are quite expensive, but they may have the brilliant energy enchantment.

Solution: Make it a a weapon offense slot only, i bet people would love to see the look of their WE with brilliant energy combined t

Loamweave looks pretty cool as well, but worthless even at low lvl's.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You can buy scaling weapons with Ardent coins (level 1+) and Sharandar currency (level 60+) with weapon enchant slots. If you really want them, you'll find a way, and if you don't care enough about it to get one of these items, then you don't care enough about your hypothetical Brilliant Energy enchant to use it at low levels. The system ain't broke, so there's no need to fix it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @treesclimber - Thanks for opening my eyes to the aesthetic side of the discussion! I'd admittedly thought it was solely a mechanics / consistency concern.

Closing the thread since the .4 thread's up and running.
This discussion has been closed.