test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 11b Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170322a.3 (Updated 3/28)

Comments

• Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I really hope they fix the stealth+soulforged bug on trs...

BTW, I will see the new preview changes and test it on my main next week, when I get my aboleth weapons restored.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    shaleych#5171 shaleych Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Do you have a fantasy in your head? If you are making new weapons, then create a new look and not an old one with a new texture. And with the horses CREATE NEW and not just took and changed the texture of the old horses. :(
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

THNX GOD for Loadouts!!!!
    I wait for this a long time...now i can play DO and AC together!!!
    Thnx cryptic for one more time!

Selfish DPS for life....
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights
    Note: Details for the below features will be released in upcoming blogs!

Stronghold Updates
    Somebody finally cast a Grease spell on the doors of the keep. The Great Hall is now open! Enjoy a social space with functional seating and decor customizable by any guild rank with the appropriate permissions.

In addition, there's a new challenge available to the guild. Once the challenge has begun, guild members will be tasked to protect three supply cache drop-off points while waves of enemies assault them. Protect the supplies and get plenty of loot and vouchers, with a vote every five waves to risk continuing for greater rewards, or to call it a day and keep the rewards already earned.

On top of that, there are new Stronghold structures available to build. In the same vein as the ones that made an appearance in the last Protector's Jubilee, these structures will stick around for a set period of time, and provide a variety of services while available.

More detailed notes to appear in the coming week.

Now I wondering do developers finally build up stairs, so that players could climb on wall and have good view? Perhaps implement tower?

And for god sake, why u guys don't add Strongholds Visuals customizations? Perhaps I want that my stronghold have more demonic appearance, or perhaps more elvish or perhaps mixture.. get idea?
    Stronghold have so much potency that you developers forgot/missed. Not only players could customize but devs/publisher will have possible to capitalize via it. Fountains, lions sculptures everything could be changed, and yet it would not require to develop them from scratch, enough to brought assets from already developted contents from other areas...

As for entrance in stronghold hall< well it's funny, you guys could implement by using already developted rooms/halls. One of example moonstone mask<

or why don't use tavern style?

These are just examples how simply by using already develpted game elements can be reused...

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

THNX GOD for Loadouts!!!!
    I wait for this a long time...now i can play DO and AC together!!!
    Thnx cryptic for one more time!

Selfish DPS for life....
    ...im dc and i dont play dps :P mega fail for life...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I was also having stability issues. The game didn't crash, but I'd get disconnected from server even if I was just standing there looking at things.
    dupeks said:

Changes made to Companions and Mounts are global and are not properly "saved" or "loaded" loaded with the new system. In other words, any changes you make to companions or mounts persist if you switch loadouts.

Terramak might want to take a look at these since their impact is pretty significant :P

What you're describing doesn't sound like a bug but the limitation of the system mentioned by Mimicking in the stream, that loadouts couldn't affect companions or mounts ("yet"?).

I'm sure I and others would be all over a separate mount loadout for PvP and PvE (and I guess companions for PvP areas where they're allowed). The statement wasn't that they'd never work, but at least not in this build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    kreatyve said:

Please do not change the current look of the campaign window that's currently running on live, no need to change it again for a third time

Console players don't like the current live look of it. It's a pain to navigate.
    Sorry, But no sane person likes the current one. Regardless of platform.
    urabask said:

Please do not change the current look of the campaign window that's currently running on live, no need to change it again for a third time

Seriously? The revamp is amazing. The one on live is a convoluted mess in comparison.
    Exactly. Great job. It's clear when the key is ready and has filters, and sort ! It's a leap forward.

Now if only we can have the same in the quest journal !
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @terramak @mimicking#6533

Just a couple bugs in the Shard of Night.

#1 There is no campfire before Morlanth, so if you die to her it is an extremely long walk.
    #2 Morlanth's Hit Points do not reset when you lose, so when you return she will immediately summon the dragon.

Otherwise, great content, loved the story. Please let us return to that new story map. It looked AMAZING!

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

Great ! Loadouts !
    - Remembers i'm playing GWF -
    Whatever.

I see what you did there lmao
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    why new masterwork armor for DC have the same stats?
    pls guys add armor with power and recovery...who DC cares about armor pene in pve...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

pls guys add armor with power and recovery...who DC cares about armor pene in pve...

So no Pow Recovery MC gear? LOL. that will keep Relic BiS for DC and get them to stay doing Mod 10 and 11 content. which is actually a good thing. Like with +5 Rings in esva and fbi. I think it's the only place you can get Pow/Rec rings that good anymore. Except the Loyal/Adorable on AH.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    weaver936 said:

So no Pow Recovery MC gear? LOL. that will keep Relic BiS for DC and get them to stay doing Mod 10 and 11 content. which is actually a good thing. Like with +5 Rings in esva and fbi. I think it's the only place you can get Pow/Rec rings that good anymore. Except the Loyal/Adorable on AH.
    Pretty sure a I saw some crazy Pow/Rec MC rings on preview with higher stats than the msva ones

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

weaver936 said:

Pretty sure a I saw some crazy Pow/Rec MC rings on preview with higher stats than the msva ones
    ok.. FREE-ish verses 20 million ad... hmmm
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I brought up to them that the chest piece for Restoration in MW was the same as the Raid chest piece. Before they fixed that There were NO pieces with power recovery on DC MW armor. Adamant Restoration Chest is the exception. This means I'll likely still use at least the Arms from Relic Gear~ I use the Relic Raid Arms and Boots because of high power anyway so it's not a big deal to swap to masterwork.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Well, as far as I can see, here is how the DC Masterwork gear is:

Restoration: Head/Arms/Feet have Power/Crit/Defense, Body has Power/Revovery/Defense
    Raid: Head and Feet have Power/Arpen/Defense, Body has Power/Crit/Defense, Arms have Crit/ArPen/Defense

Interesting that only a single piece has Power/Recovery/Defense - it is a bit....sub-optimal, but it is possible to compensate with Silvery enchants.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

#1 There is no campfire before Morlanth, so if you die to her it is an extremely long walk.
    #2 Morlanth's Hit Points do not reset when you lose, so when you return she will immediately summon the dragon.

Otherwise, great content, loved the story. Please let us return to that new story map. It looked AMAZING!

@darthtzarr sorry to bother you...what s shard of night?
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I was also having stability issues. The game didn't crash, but I'd get disconnected from server even if I was just standing there looking at things.

dupeks said:

Changes made to Companions and Mounts are global and are not properly "saved" or "loaded" loaded with the new system. In other words, any changes you make to companions or mounts persist if you switch loadouts.

Terramak might want to take a look at these since their impact is pretty significant :P

What you're describing doesn't sound like a bug but the limitation of the system mentioned by Mimicking in the stream, that loadouts couldn't affect companions or mounts ("yet"?).

I'm sure I and others would be all over a separate mount loadout for PvP and PvE (and I guess companions for PvP areas where they're allowed). The statement wasn't that they'd never work, but at least not in this build.
    Ah, I didn't catch that in the stream (or anything in the stream tbh hehe).

That's a huge sadface from me then. I was hoping that this would allow folks to run different builds for their class, but given how important companions and mounts are it sounds like for now it would be limited to different flavors of the same build (unless you're also planning to manually swap companions). Still definitely appreciated, but falls short of what it could be...
    rayrdan said:

sorry to bother you...what s shard of night?

New lair in River District, which will drop it's own unique item / companion.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    rayrdan said:

@darthtzarr sorry to bother you...what s shard of night?
    The new lair (matching the demiplanes of Nostura/Kabal/Gyrion) in River District unlocked through the new story quests. I enjoyed the new short story very much, so I would highly recommend it, but it will likely be more fun when they add the VOs to the cutscenes.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Well, as far as I can see, here is how the DC Masterwork gear is:

Restoration: Head/Arms/Feet have Power/Crit/Defense, Body has Power/Revovery/Defense
    Raid: Head and Feet have Power/Arpen/Defense, Body has Power/Crit/Defense, Arms have Crit/ArPen/Defense

Interesting that only a single piece has Power/Recovery/Defense - it is a bit....sub-optimal, but it is possible to compensate with Silvery enchants.

I've built myself to work around it.. the majority of my recovery is on my companion. I don't need crit to be on my companion since I don't want to go too much overy 30% crit chance because of owlbear cub. :/

I am really happy that they AT least gave me the recovery chest piece fix after I pointed out they had two identical power/crit chest pieces.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

the same HAMSTER for a cw like everything is the power and the critical..........................
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The new temporary buildings will help smaller guilds, but there is no reduction in building cost. please concider lowering these cost, as this will reallly help small guilds as was promised in the twitch feed. many small guilds will still struglle farming the temporary buildings at regular intervals a cost reduction will help with this
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Ooh loadouts - looking forward to my CW being able to switch between dps and buff...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
This discussion has been closed.