test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A new adventurer walks into the tavern...

13»

Comments

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    zebular said:

weaver936 said:

Welcome @nitocris83,

I may have misled someone earlier.. but are you guys in China or California? Not that it makes a HUGE difference, but I think maybe there's a big difference between the US and China as to what exactly is considered "fun". I've been gaming for 22 years (started when i was 16).. and there's a long standing joke about how Eastern Culture games are very different than Western ones. (I hope this is vague and generalized enough not to be offensive to anyone. :D...)

PWE (Perfect World Entertainment) is an American Company based solely in the United States, California to be exact and is employed by many Americans. You're probably confusing PWE with Perfect World Beijing, the latter of which is in Beijing, China and has its own staff, games, and servers. PWE and PWB are two separate entities only bound by the fact that PWE is an American Subsidiary of PWB.

It's okay though, many people make the same mistake when they see "Perfect World" and don't research it further to find that there are multiple "Perfect World" companies and subsidiaries and/or are unfamiliar with just what a subsidiary is and does, especially ones in other Countries than their Parent.

So... @nitocris83 works for PWE? And Cryptic is????
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

zebular said:

weaver936 said:

Welcome @nitocris83,

I may have misled someone earlier.. but are you guys in China or California? Not that it makes a HUGE difference, but I think maybe there's a big difference between the US and China as to what exactly is considered "fun". I've been gaming for 22 years (started when i was 16).. and there's a long standing joke about how Eastern Culture games are very different than Western ones. (I hope this is vague and generalized enough not to be offensive to anyone. :D...)

PWE (Perfect World Entertainment) is an American Company based solely in the United States, California to be exact and is employed by many Americans. You're probably confusing PWE with Perfect World Beijing, the latter of which is in Beijing, China and has its own staff, games, and servers. PWE and PWB are two separate entities only bound by the fact that PWE is an American Subsidiary of PWB.

It's okay though, many people make the same mistake when they see "Perfect World" and don't research it further to find that there are multiple "Perfect World" companies and subsidiaries and/or are unfamiliar with just what a subsidiary is and does, especially ones in other Countries than their Parent.

No actually Strum works for PWE. PWE is the publisher and owner of the developer, who is Cryptic.
    Strum worked physically in PWE building that is 20(?)min drive from Cryptic location, nitocris will be at Cryptic and not PWE.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Welcome aboard.

In addition to interacting with the forums, might I suggest that you also watch some of the "end-game" streamers such as myself so you can gather opinions from multiple sources.

thanks,
    www.twitch.tv/kaligold
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Welcome to the smoke and mirrors position : D
    wear your mantle well
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

@nitocris83 Welcome aboard.

In addition to interacting with the forums, might I suggest that you also watch some of the "end-game" streamers such as myself so you can gather opinions from multiple sources.

thanks,
    www.twitch.tv/kaligold

I will definitely keep an eye on streamers :) Having two monitors on my desk is really nice for working + watching streams ^.^
    kalina311 said:

Welcome to the smoke and mirrors position : D
    wear your mantle well

Smoke & Mirrors is a great collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman >.>
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    weaver936 said:

zebular said:

weaver936 said:

Welcome @nitocris83,

micky1p00 said:

weaver936 said:

zebular said:

weaver936 said:

Welcome @nitocris83,

No actually Strum works for PWE. PWE is the publisher and owner of the developer, who is Cryptic.
    Strum worked physically in PWE building that is 20(?)min drive from Cryptic location, nitocris will be at Cryptic and not PWE.
    What @micky1p00 said, indeed. Andy (strumslinger) is an employee of Perfect World Entertainment and Julia (nitocris) is an employee of Cryptic Studios. Julia (notocris) works out of the Cryptic Studios building in Los Gatos, California while Andy (strumslinger) works out of the PWE building in Redwood City, California. PWE is a publishing company of a variety of games in the United States based in Redwood City, California. Cryptic Studios is one of the Game Development Companies that PWE has acquired over the years. Cryptic Studios is located in Los Gatos, California.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    A lead game developer making use of the word 'noob'... Now I have seen it all.
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Welcome
  • fooltactics#2707 fooltactics Member Posts: 1 New User
    Welcome!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Welcome and good luck !
  • mathmaster74#2783 mathmaster74 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Welcome! Thank you for getting The Foundry content back to playable status! :smiley: Keeping my fingers crossed that The Foundry asset libraries won't stay empty long. :wink: You're doing great! Keep it up! :blush:
    NW-DJQJ9TEUJ Aerthus

Guild Leader - Valindra's Demise