test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A new adventurer walks into the tavern...

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Welcome Julia! :)

May the road you travel upon be bright and sunny. :)

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    diloul31 said:

Welcome to you and good luck...

It is me "testing" the new CM but...

Can someone in this board answer a simple and very easy question yet no one answered...

Is there any black friday sale tomorrow ?

( And please smart people, don't "you'll see tomorrow"-me)

They have never "announced" the Black Friday sale in advance. There was a year that it got accidentally leaked because it was on the calendar on Preview, but that's the only time there was any sort of advance announcement. Now, everyone just assumes it's going to happen.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Welcome Julia :) Nice Gladiator quote.

Best of luck to you :D
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    null
    Thanks ! It's too bad imho, if you knew there will be a BF sale then people will look forward to it and save some money for the event. Instead of discover it the during black friday and not have save for it.

Anyway it's a discussion off topic, sorry for that and thanks again for your answer.
  • draugul#5785 draugul Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Welcome Julia.

The way you communicate, gives me hope.
    Just for that, I already thank you.
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Welcome.
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Welcome, Julia! Been playing NW since about June but have been playing D&D and other RPGs in one form or another since college. (Which was 1990. I've got about 11 years on you. :) )

I've done variations of your role on much much more boring software before :) so I don't envy your task ahead at all. I hope you get the support from the developers and designers to act on community feedback. I.e. I hope you get to bring good news and good surprises instead of only having to talk frustrated NW players off the ledge every day.

Hey maybe you could arrange times to be wandering around PE as your fave character sometimes? Are you in a guild?

Again, welcome, and best wishes!
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Also, since I have to deal with timezone math all the time at my job: since she is in California she is on Pacific time.

So e.g. if she's online at 7am her time, that's 10am east coast time, 4pm in Britain, 5pm in Spain / France, 9:30pm in India and 1am the next day in Japan.

Maybe previous CMs were too, I dunno. Come to think of it I think I see a lot of server maintenance messages sent using Pacific time so perhaps I just told everyone things they already know. Wouldn't be the first time. :)
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome Julia.

Thank you for a thorough introduction.

I'm happy to have someone with your experience take on this role. I desperately hope the conditions around you allow you to be successful. I hope your stress relief mechanisms are in place (relocation, this job and a two year old kid...wow!).

I hope that the successes you've had in your prior communities can be implemented with Neverwinter. I feel there has to be change, specifically in the way this community can receive information, provide valuable feedback and directional guidance for our game. I use the word "our" game since we all play a role, despite the fact that sometimes I do not feel empowered to play a role other than a sheep mindlessly following the omniscience of the production team who knows what is best for the paying client base irrespective of what members of this community communicate. I hope reasonable voices from the player base will be heard. I hope the energy in this community can be channeled positively in a manner that makes an impact.

Please, and I apologize for how harsh this may come off but I'm struggling to find another way to say this: I never want to feel hoodwinked again. I would prefer communication based on "Just the facts" akin to "Give it to me straight, doc", to use cliche phrases. I hope you are informed, empowered and have the access you need to be successful.

Again welcome, I wish and hope for your success, and may there never be a "-gate" on your watch.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Hi and welcome :)
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    Welcome :)

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Welcome Julia, (@nitocris83) I'm one of those pesky Foundry people who ask the same questions every mod livestream, hoping the answer is different, but not expecting it to be. It never hurts to ask though. I'm hoping that @mimicking#6533 and the development team can find time to bring Foundry content back to being relavent for game play. (The player base is very rewards driven, and the Foundry needs some sort of incentive to be more enticing for players to participate. Most I've asked dont feel the time investment is worth the current reward.) We also have to get back into the habit of Featuring quests, even if it goes from a weekly to a monthly basis. Maybe the Moderation team could assist with choosing them, Andy got pretty busy. Anyways, I'm digressing. Welcome, get settled in, I'm sure there'll be plenty to take in across 3 platforms. You should get @strumslinger to do a livestream with you to "pass the torch" if schedules workout. Best wishes!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to the madness "Agent J."

Just don't remove my Dev.mode 7 and we can be friends...

Lived in Michigan before California as well.

Enjoy California

P.s. Just ran the Disney 5k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome Nitocris83, you seem fairly experienced and like you will do just fine around here. I am hopeful that your arrival will help lead to the tide of this game since mod 6 finally changing and I hope to see the state of this game start to dramatically improve. I am happy to see you brought up communication as that is one of the major issues impacting this game and the players have been wanting more transparency and communication from the devs for a long time now. The overall mood in this game has been souring for a long time now and the overwhelming majority do not trust cryptic and aren't happy with the direction this game has been going in.

On a more cheerful note, I am happy to see another d&d player. I am 19 and have been playing d&d at a small local gaming store with my friends every Wednesday for the last several years. We used to play 4E with some modifications from 3.5 put in by our dungeon master and recently switched to 5E also with a few 3.5 customizations. My Neverwinter main is also my current d&d character; she's a PVP halfing TR Scoundrel on this game and a rogue assassin(I may switch her to swashbuckler soon) for her pin and paper version. I named her Marigolds The Shredder.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Hi Julia and welcome. I hope that, as and avid D&D table-top player and someone who has been around for a long time on NW, you are able to help steer the ship in the right direction. Mod 10 and what has followed was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I've been going through the motions for far too long without making any real progress or getting much enjoyment out of the game. Until they come up with real content I'm on a hiatus. Good luck and I hope that you carry on with the good work that @strumslinger did in the face of adversity.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Omg....some of the community shows really "great" behaviour...this is a welcome thread, so what is the problem just to welcome julia? Is it really necessary to post any claims about that game in this very specific thread? Unbelievable....

BTT:
    Welcome julia. May the NW force be with you and ofc: THx for all your support you have done, strum ( and sry...but you know there is only one spiderman, dont you? :) )

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Hello!

As @strumslinger said in his goodbye post, I will be taking over the NW CM role. I just started here at Cryptic and I'm in the process of getting a feel for the community and meeting with the rest of the NW team. I am in the same building as the NW Development team (under the NW Production team for those that like org charts). We all truly appreciate everything Andy has done and I hope to continue some of the best practices he started along with implementing new ones now that I have direct access to the NW team.

A little bit about myself:

I'm 33 (so not really a kid, as some of you expressed concern about), a gamer (video games, tabletop, rpgs), a mom of an almost 2 year old, I paint miniatures, I talk a lot, I'm half Spanish (so no one expects when I ask a lot of questions), I went to college in Michigan and grand school in Chicago, and have been in California for the last 4.75 years.

A little bit about my background in Community Management:

I was a CM at Disney Interactive for 4.75 years (yep, I moved out here for the job - before that I had a focus on academia and research). I worked on Marvel and Star Wars titles so I am used to an older playerbase, not the traditional kids/family that most people attribute to Disney. I'm also used to very VERY very passionate players, contained (for the most part) chaos, and have lived through a couple -gates. I was lucky enough to visit the Lucasfilm Presidio office in SF but never managed to get Marvel to build me a Helicarrier.

My background in D&D and Neverwinter:

I started playing D&D back in 3.5. I played some 4.0 and recently got the 5th edition books. My favorite character was my Halfling Cleric/Barbarian who had a St. Bernard as a mount. As far as Neverwinter, I started playing at launch (still favor my founders pack mount for nostalgia) and, after dabbling in various classes and taking time off to have a kid, I now main a CW. I have major hoarding tendencies so you'll often catch me playing the inventory game :)

The future as CM for Neverwinter:
    TBD

JK! Well, kinda. I started a week ago and I've been ramping up fast and absorbing as much as I can. There's a lot of facets of Community Management that aren't as visible to the public (lots of planning, meetings, documentation, etc.) and I want to make sure I lay the right groundwork from the start. Over the next couple weeks I hope to set a steady cadence of feedback between the community and the rest of the NW team. My years as a CM have taught me that my goal shouldn't be to make everyone happy, but to make sure everyone is actually listening to each other. While putting out fires is an aspect of a living 24/7 job, I prefer focusing my energy on constructive discussions, proactive communication, and not lose sight of fun. At the end of the day, this is a community built up around a game so...

Welcome to the rowdy crowd :)

From the X1 I send my fond hello's and hope all goes well for you in your new role :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Welcome! You're not a kid, but you're still a young'un :wink: (turned 47 2 days ago, started with AD&D 1E). I'll make sure to tell my powries that you're a friend and not a foe!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @nitocris83

Welcome aboard the good (aka. bat guano crazy!) ship S.S. Neverwinter!

You may not know me yet...

Very good intro, and I wish you the best of luck with our insanity inducing crew! ;)

I personally (greatly!) enjoyed The Gladiator meme, so kudos to you there! However, I believe you may need to step up your meme/.gif game, so to speak...

va8Ru.gif
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @new cm. Why was the key thread taken down?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@new cm. Why was the key thread taken down?

It's still there. Nobody has commented on it it days, so it's not on top anymore.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Welcome...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Welcome... may you enjoy your first "-gate" (promo charge-gate) and live to tell about it. :smile:
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the welcome messages everyone! Starting around Thanksgiving and into the Holiday season is always a bit more challenging so I appreciate the patience while I dive into this community.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    I'd like to Welcome Julia as well! It's no secret that I'm a noob at trolling Forums, and I have given Julia official proclamation ( which means I asked really nicely) to throw things at me/ poke me/ yell at me when there is something I should be looking at on the Forums that I missed. Julia has already made a great impact (not that I don't already miss Sturmslinger) on the team, and having her in house is going to be a huge boon to all of us. Julia Rocks!
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    M.k. = mkay...
    All the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Welcome @nitocris83,

I may have misled someone earlier.. but are you guys in China or California? Not that it makes a HUGE difference, but I think maybe there's a big difference between the US and China as to what exactly is considered "fun". I've been gaming for 22 years (started when i was 16).. and there's a long standing joke about how Eastern Culture games are very different than Western ones. (I hope this is vague and generalized enough not to be offensive to anyone. :D...)
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    weaver936 said:

Welcome @nitocris83,

I may have misled someone earlier.. but are you guys in China or California? Not that it makes a HUGE difference, but I think maybe there's a big difference between the US and China as to what exactly is considered "fun". I've been gaming for 22 years (started when i was 16).. and there's a long standing joke about how Eastern Culture games are very different than Western ones. (I hope this is vague and generalized enough not to be offensive to anyone. :D...)

PWE (Perfect World Entertainment) is an American Company based solely in the United States, California to be exact and is employed by many Americans. You're probably confusing PWE with Perfect World Beijing, the latter of which is in Beijing, China and has its own staff, games, and servers. PWE and PWB are two separate entities only bound by the fact that PWE is an American Subsidiary of PWB.

It's okay though, many people make the same mistake when they see "Perfect World" and don't research it further to find that there are multiple "Perfect World" companies and subsidiaries and/or are unfamiliar with just what a subsidiary is and does, especially ones in other Countries than their Parent.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2016