• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Text from husband: "Gateway will live in our hearts forever"
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Other than the already mentioned Loyal companion gear and where do we get it now, I'd like someone to define this phrase:

all player accounts that have recently used Gateway

what's your definition of "recently" - how far back will you go?
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Text from husband: "Gateway will live in our hearts forever"

Your husband rocks becky! +1 for him :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    That Nostradamus that predicted them doing the announcement on friday when they leave office wins 1 priceless platinum bowl. Always the cowards way out with these announcements.
  • Options
    I am sad to see the closing of a game function that looked entertaining, I just started neverwinter today and all I have been seeing in game has been about this collapse. I for one like convenient mini games that add flavor to a game and allow you to progress side abilities you may not otherwise have time for. I hope something can be made to help with companions as it sounds from the comments like gearing them is difficult or overly time consuming, but that is just my observation.
  • Options
    r3v1le#8978 r3v1le Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    My wife and I loved the gateway. It was the BIGGEST reason we played this game. It may sound dumb, but my wife and I work at the same company and our hours are brutal. The only way for us to keep up with the professions, and to play SCA to advance our companions. We had to request that the site be allowed to pass our companies content filters. No small task. All for nothing.

The handling of this situation was bad. The decision to close the gateway without notice, was bad. The communication between Cryptic and the customers has been at best bad, and at worst out and out lies. We have been playing this game for a bit over a month, only to find that the features that excited us the most have been/or quickly were removed. It feel's like bait and switch to me. Due to the limited time we have been customers, the number of things that do not work as advertised, I have to seriously consider asking for the money we spent to buy ZEN for both my account and my wife's account back.

On a positive note, at least I will save that $500.00+ USD monthly that we were budgeting to spend with this company. Someone at Cryptic had to know that a percentage of the legitimate consumers would express their displeasure by refusing to open their wallets.

Lets see what happens when my wife finds out about the closing of the gateway...... Maybe I can talk her into using that money for some new toys.... Hmmmm Toys.....
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User

Always the cowards way out with these announcements.

+1. Will sell Lightfoot Thiefs and buy cojones for free!

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    RIP game.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I've figured it out:

Mod 6 - Dungeons removed.
    Mod 8 - C-wards removed.
    Mod 10 - Gateway removed.

Mod 12 - Chat removed.
    Mod 14 - Walking forward removed.
    Mod 16 - Loging in removed ;)

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Shameful Amateurs.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    tubukutubuku Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Not particularly surprised by the decision, given past history, but I am disappointed.

I've been hanging on to this game by a thread since May and hoping that something, anything, positive would come along and re-kindle my interest in it. I realize this is relatively minor compared to some of the decisions made in the last year but it's the one that broke the camels back for me. Not even going to bother with the ~3 months remaining on VIP.

I'd say thanks for the fish but honestly they've smelled bad for the past year.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, this sucks. No doubt about it. But please keep the comments civil. No need to resort to personal insults here.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Goodbye to my favourite surreal error message. "Dead companions cannot be summoned while they are training." I never figured out exactly what triggered it, although it was related to a companion finishing training.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    so many bound loyal companion gear wasted on my alts, and sold my lightfoot thief about 3 months before the bonding runestones hit.

Which reminds me --- I would have given anything for a free augment companion back then. I think this is the first time they've given an augment companion for anything! Now that an augment companion is not BiS.

Getting way too whiny about this - I have to stop now or be banned forever.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If you look at the gateway down thread, there are MANY ideas how to protect against some of these things, or alternatives. You guys need to stop resorting to removing game pieces due to bots, or there will be nothing left.

@ironzerg79 - Sorry. I'll donate a strongbox to the coffer for my infraction :)
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Complain away. I think people have the right to be upset about this change. No doubt about that. But we've been asked to at least maintain some sense of the rules.

I know this thread is going to get hot and rightly so. We just have to draw the line somewhere.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Cant you just an captcha that you have to solve once a day?
    Closing down the gateway seems like a really bad move and I think youre not telling the truth about the reason behind the decision.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    phasestarphasestar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What this announcement does not explain is why the entire gateway had to be shut down. Were bots really using every part of it? I'm a fairly new player and I really enjoyed many of its features, but especially Sword Coast Adventures and all the in-game companions list their SCA information as part of their abilities. I did consider that when making companion decisions. Is there any way that SCA at least could live on?
  • Options
    kdblair210kdblair210 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have a VERY strong suspicion botters are constantly using the login server. I make a motion that we have Cryptic remove the login server for good so we can combat these horrible botters ruining the game.

• Options
    coolcarcrash1coolcarcrash1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User

Yeah, this sucks. No doubt about it. But please keep the comments civil. No need to resort to personal insults here.

Seriously? You guys do this like it's nothing, don't care about the concequences? (And this is just 1 in many incidents)
    I've logged over 5400 hours in this game, and i don't even wanna think about how many money i've spent.
    I personally feel like i've been scammed by nothing more than low-moral criminals.

You want US to act civil?

-Stump
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    I mourn, not for the gateway but for all those poor out of work heroes, footmen, and men-at-arms. Now forced to sit idly by, no work, no direction. Waiting for uncounted hours for someone, anyone, to give them a task. They will grow fat and drunk and tell strangers sad tales of how they could of been noble and brave and useful. But with the loss of the gateway they can now only receive orders in person. And aint nobody got time for that!
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User

I want the companion gear in game NOW. Tradebar store, cheap. Ditto thief and dog. If yall dare to make them zen purchases it will not go well. I can't believe this decision was released without more information.

And I don't understand this awful augment companion. Why not the thief, dog and a full set of companion gear. I'm surprised they didn't just go with 5 pres wards. Naw, 3 pres wards.

+1
  • Options
    virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    A lame companion is supposed to appease us? This is a prime example of how incompetent Cryptic are when it comes to solving issues. You do not put the necessary effort into solving problems, if there is something you don't know how to deal with, you just cut it away. This is not acceptable. This was once a good game with great potential but it is drifting more and more towards mediocrity and the only ones responsible for that are Cryptic. That's it, I am never again putting another dollar in this game and I will make sure to warn others of this before they make the same mistake I made by trusting this company.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Congratulations Cryptic!

This is so sad. I mean, really??? Just go ahead and blow it away?
    Was any attempt or mention made of all the ways that this could have been handled ignored? There were so many in the other thread about the Gateway.
    And you guys constantly give us the song and dance line about listening to the players???? REALLY?

It has always been mentioned that you want players to play the game.
    Well, the Gateway was a nice way for players to do just that!
    Instead of spending hours managing Professions, we could do it on the Gateway. Then actually you know, PLAY the game.
    Run dungeons, skirmishes, do campaigns, etc.

Now, when we log in, we got to go through professions tasks on multiple toons.

And what about us small guilds????
    Yes I am the leader of a small guild with a handful of active players.

I used the Gateway to run Profession tasks on alts to supply the guild coffer. You know.. those crate that you "conveniently" threw out to us small guild to help building our Strongholds?
    So now I have to log into the game.. across multiple toons.. and set these?

WOW!!! My real job isn't that demanding.

And yet again, notice was put out there with only marginal if any data. Just the usual cop-out of "botting".
    -sighs-

You once again manage to anger all your regular players.
    The only ones who probably aren't angered by this... the group that you "trying" to fight. They'll just chuckle and move over to the live game.

So when you notice it in the live game what are you going to do then? Shut the game down too? That is your answer to everything "botting" related right?

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Seriously? You guys do this like it's nothing, don't care about the concequences? (And this is just 1 in many incidents)
    I've logged over 5400 hours in this game, and i don't even wanna think about how many money i've spent.
    I personally feel like i've been scammed by nothing more than low-moral criminals.

You want US to act civil?

-Stump
    Aye, he's just the messenger, not an employee of Cryptic or PWE. This wasn't his call. He has the right to ask the posters to be civilized in their discontent--as that's his duty as a mod.

So yes, he DOES want you, and the rest of the forums, to act civil. You can disagree without being completely disagreeable or trying to burn down the world in your ire towards this decision.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    What do you mean you tried? Are you joking? I never saw you try using captcha! It's specifically made to keep bots away AND it works on every platform! You tried nothing! You went into the meeting and the first idea was "just shut it down, i'm tired of this shi*". Getting the cowards way out again! First dropped armors on dungeons can't be sold, then remove coals from tarmalune and make them bound, then make another mod that is exactly the same as the other (daily quests ftw) and now this! You're just murdering yourself really!
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    dioriel said:

Please answer the question about companion gear. Will it move to professions or some other in-game source? If not, it once again kicks new players in the gut, while the long-term, super-rich players will still be able to afford it (or already have it).

If you want to attract new players to the game and retain them, this sort of thing isn't the way to do it.

+1
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    VALINDRAAAAAAAA!!!!

P.S. Let me clear up the botting problem for you: you can't solve it. Neither can anyone else. Solving the botting problem is tantamount to solving the halting problem. You need to design so that botting doesn't help, not get into an arms race with botters you can't possibly win.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.