Install Arc
Options

[PC] Gateway Closing Down

1202122232426»

Comments

• Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I don't think that they should remove the equipment, people worked for it, but this is twice in recent memory that some attempt to stop botting hurt the game. The other is taking enchantments out of skill nodes and slowing stronghold progression of small guilds to a crawl while hurting new players who can't upgrade their artifacts as fast. It would be nice to have some effort to -simultaneously- address the problems that changes to the game cause. It wouldn't have been hard to foresee either of those events and rectify them. Could have killed two birds with one stone on both of them and just made dungeon bosses drop companion gear and final chests have more enchants. We complain about dungeons having terrible rewards too.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    asafsw4 said:

BTW; The new imaginary companion makes us so strong...maybe it will even balance everything...wait..no...it won't...1st because it doesn't exist...and 2nd because you guys never made a single balancing move...old players are OP and new players are completely UP even if they buy allthe ZEN cash can buy...

First of all, nothing wrong with imaginary persons. My imaginary friends carry me through all kind of dreams like Spellplague Caverns, Dread Vault, The Lair of the Mad Dragon and the Throne of Idris dungeon, and many others as well.

As far as I know they stated that the companion gear is badly designed (too strong) and gets a rework. If the 1kk rings are too expensive for you, don't buy them. I manage to survive without the companion gear quite well.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    daaksanirdaaksanir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Augh, the longer it's been, the more I miss Gateway.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    I miss it too... this replacement forum game is nowhere near as good :(
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    By not putting the companion-only gear back into the game (un-nerfed), Cryptic is actually making the players that ran scripts/bots on gateway even richer.

They can just lean back, post a Loyal Avenger or two, and reap the benefits of the rising price, while regular, honest players are left behind, struggling even more to keep up...
  • Options
    laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Still weiting for the companion
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    laurentio said:

Still weiting for the companion

See today's patch notes
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    lockesley13lockesley13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So WHERE is this companion to be claimed? I have logged in to Gateway a LOT over the past year and haven't found it anywhere yet. I haven't seen any response to my suggestion to solve the alleged problem by one of two methods: Either make Gateway standalone and create a story line for companions to progress along, or permanently ban any botters from Neverwinter and all other products - maybe establish a means to share with all other game publishers and encourage them to ban and forward as well. Yes, I realize the really serious botters are going to just create another account and do it all again, but at least they would have to work at it. Perhaps ban from all gaming platforms any bot activity in any game based on IP address? Not much of a "techie" here, don't know if that would work....
  • Options
    lockesley13lockesley13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Here is another thought - I have seen one post already indicating someone is willing to step up as a volunteer to help - perhaps Gateway could be farmed out to an interested party?
  • Options
    laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    awsome guys ! augument companion is blue! 1x per account and binds to character on opening the gift box !
  • Options
    b44#1056 b44 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    should be prize reward agent for all characters on the account. It is a huge loss to lack the gateway for those who work and have not as streamline the game during their work on. abuse because a program to enrich.

at least I had to come with the companion and companion items also, since there will be no more the dg's the Sword Coast

• Options
    arikwolfarikwolf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think would be better as a tabletop game anyway. A base set with figures of the "Followers of " figures, the basic white dice, and the maps and encounters. With addition packs of the companions with four different figures repenting the four levels of advancement and there special boon dice.

At lease add the companion only gear to treasure drops within Neverwinter Online.
  • Options
    sn1983sn1983 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you,
    Finally get companion:)
    1 more question - when we will get companion gear?
    Ty:)
  • Options
    megaderpzmegaderpz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm pretty bummed that you have to close the gateway, but I understand why you had to make the tough call. I always loved that little dice game, it was actually really fun, and it let me get some loot, however small, for my character as well as level up companions. I'm going to miss that little time passer while waiting for my character to recover from injuries. Thanks for the little companion as compensation. He'll serve as a reminder to the entire community what the simple botting of services can do. :'(
  • Options
    anykiller#0580 anykiller Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hi. I'm relatively new here (I registrered on the game before the gateway closing). I don't say anything before, but now i need to say this: for the people who started recently and cannot enter on the gayteway (always in maintenance), what about us? (and no, I'll not read all the posts). We hadn't any opportunity , so I think it's a bit unfair. What's about the unique reward, items or companions exclusives on the Gateway?
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

We hadn't any opportunity , so I think it's a bit unfair. What's about the unique reward, items or companions exclusives on the Gateway?

You also missed all these free giveaways:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/490059/neverwinter-list-of-promotions-giveaways

Message is ... though I really, really hate the cheap solution of closing the gateway there will always be someone who "missed" something and feels being treated "unfair".

If you were not around in the 1970s you also missed the introduction of daylight saving time.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options

We hadn't any opportunity , so I think it's a bit unfair. What's about the unique reward, items or companions exclusives on the Gateway?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/490059/neverwinter-list-of-promotions-giveaways

Message is ... though I really, really hate the cheap solution of closing the gateway there will always be someone who "missed" something and feels being treated "unfair".

If you were not around in the 1970s you also missed the introduction of daylight saving time.
    Well, and... what are you trying to say? Because it does nothing about my question. I'm here before the gateway is officially closed (but unofficially down "for maintenance"). I'm not complaining about old promotions, only asking about the unique things in the gateway (in part because in game there's still references about the gateway -I know the programmers didn't quit it yet for some reason, time o lot of job-).

But I'm agree with you about it's a cheap solution. Nevermind, I see I'll not obtain an answer here...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Well, and... what are you trying to say? Because it does nothing about my question. I'm here before the gateway is officially closed (but unofficially down "for maintenance"). I'm not complaining about old promotions, only asking about the unique things in the gateway (in part because in game there's still references about the gateway -I know the programmers didn't quit it yet for some reason, time o lot of job-).

But I'm agree with you about it's a cheap solution. Nevermind, I see I'll not obtain an answer here...
    The devs, mainly @panderus, have stated that they will be adding those items that were only obtainable on the Gateway into the game through other means. We just have to be patient while they figure out the best place to put them.

I think they want to put them in a place that's fairly accessible, but not so much that they lose their value because everyone has them. I also think someone mentioned something about adjusting the stats on the Loyal gear.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Plus there is no maintenance page anymore. Hasnt been for at least a week. The gateway link now directs you to the gateway closing blog.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    kreatyve said:

The devs, mainly @panderus, have stated that they will be adding those items that were only obtainable on the Gateway into the game through other means. We just have to be patient while they figure out the best place to put them.

I think they want to put them in a place that's fairly accessible, but not so much that they lose their value because everyone has them. I also think someone mentioned something about adjusting the stats on the Loyal gear.

Ok, I didn't know that. Thanks, that's the answer I wanted :)

Plus there is no maintenance page anymore. Hasnt been for at least a week. The gateway link now directs you to the gateway closing blog.

I know, for that reason I said " I don't say anything before, but..."
  • Options
    littlevclittlevc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I personally think that EVERY player is put out by this. Swordcoast Adventures is the ONLY place where a player could get Belts, Necklaces, Rings, and Off-Hand items that could be used with their Companions, and now it is gone. There is NO other place that I am aware of the a player can get items the Companions actually USE. How about the Devs, in all their wisdom, place a In-Game Vendor for these items. Or better yet, make it a craftable item in the relative skill areas? I just had to toss ~1,000,000 AD in belts, necklaces, and other items because they DO NOT WORK with the Companions. How about you place a limiter on what CAN go into those Companion slots so players aren't spending large amounts of AD to fill them with items that DO NOT WORK.
  • Options
    naldarn#6357 naldarn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If you removed the Gateway, remove it from the Welcome emails as well.
  • Options
    lenndilenndi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any way that you can implement a way for us to get companion gear in game?
    I'm not with the rest of the people who are complaining. Seriously people, botters are like spoiled kids that think they can do whatever and get away with it without caring if they ruin everyone else's good time. They take up server resources which sucks for the rest of us. So sorrry botters, sucks to be you. Now you have to play the game for real like the rest of us. This coming from someone who has been playing this game from day one. Not continuously, but steady.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    lenndi said:

Any way that you can implement a way for us to get companion gear in game?
    I'm not with the rest of the people who are complaining. Seriously people, botters are like spoiled kids that think they can do whatever and get away with it without caring if they ruin everyone else's good time. They take up server resources which sucks for the rest of us. So sorrry botters, sucks to be you. Now you have to play the game for real like the rest of us. This coming from someone who has been playing this game from day one. Not continuously, but steady.

1. people here have explained why they do not like the closing of the gateway other than the botting of RP reason (managing guilds and asking for read only auction house).
    2. botters are now in game which costs more server resources instead of just the gateway ones.
    3. if we go by how long it takes to bring dungeons back you can estimate how long it will take for the gear to get in game.
  • Options
    Are there any plans in place to bring back any kind of remote access? Being able to buy and sell and view stats and equipment while I'm at work is a huge thing for me.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Are there any plans in place to bring back any kind of remote access? Being able to buy and sell and view stats and equipment while I'm at work is a huge thing for me.

Not bloody likely. They opted to shut it down to conserve resources rather than continuing to try to fix what we had. Why would they follow that decision up with something new?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    There is about as much chance of them returning any form of remote access. As there is of giant hamsters flying out of my behind.

Rather then properly police it, they opted to completely remove it.
This discussion has been closed.