test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gateway down????

Comments

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Or in that form it will ever be back online.. this is a *lot* of silence at this point...
    I suppose it could be something good.. in theory...
  • Options
    blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    By the look of it, it seems they are awareof this thread and asked the mods to monitor it, yet have not made ANY official statement about it. A company who puts customers first would have at least have stated it was down until further notice.....
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Does anyone else notice an effect of the outage in the AH? Today I was shopping for rings and quantity of the stock of HQ rings is low. If players are not producing rings, other player (like me) cannot buy them.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Does anyone else notice an effect of the outage in the AH? Today I was shopping for rings and quantity of the stock of HQ rings is low. If players are not producing rings, other player (like me) cannot buy them.

@sandukutupu
    There was one of those pesky AH outages yesterday that results in all the existing auctions being hidden when it comes back up. Stock appears down because the only items visible are ones (re)posted since. Gateway being down definitely doesn't help, but it's not the only factor in this case.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

By the look of it, it seems they are awareof this thread and asked the mods to monitor it, yet have not made ANY official statement about it. A company who puts customers first would have at least have stated it was down until further notice.....

I think Kreatyve simply would like to know what's going on as much as any of us.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @beckylunatic Thanks for the information, I love to use the ring of Orcus +2 on my companions. When they get hit the undead comes flying out of the ground. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    juttetsujuttetsu Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    In fact you NEED the gateway in order to find companion gear.
  • Options
    jamesbond007#6020 jamesbond007 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    ima just guess and say gateway wont be back up anytime soon.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I like the gateway. Would be awesome if he comes back and if he is working stable. I get very often disconnects while i have a session and using it activly.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options

I think Kreatyve simply would like to know what's going on as much as any of us.
    Either that or Kreatyve already knows Winter is coming and is now officially barred from saying anything about it till the bomb is dropped officially.

*pessimism, it's what's for lunch*
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    hmm no official response for 5 days hahaha that's the proper way to communicate with your community and mods :p
  • Options

I'd rather have a croissant....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

I'll take your ambush drake. Saw that in game the other day and was like WTH is *that*!!!?!?!?!?! :)

• Options

I'll take your ambush drake. Saw that in game the other day and was like WTH is *that*!!!?!?!?!?! :)

He is not for eating!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    My guess is that we won't get any official word until maintenance and patch tomorrow
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Awesome!
  • Options
    prynnce said:
    Yeah I wondered if that might be related somehow. Can't come up with a good theory though unless something about gateway+ level 20/level 60 profession slot unlock is causing an issue.

• Options
    juttetsujuttetsu Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Hmm 50 bucks for that new pack. Would consider it if I have a coupon or a discount on it
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    juttetsu said:

Hmm 50 bucks for that new pack. Would consider it if I have a coupon or a discount on it

How much you wanna bet they remove XP from professions now!!!
  • Options
    erosennin92erosennin92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    snotty said:

I really hope they will bring gateway up soon, as a guild Officer I control the inactive accounts from gateway in order to keep free spots in our guild and contact/unguild long inactive ones.
    I cannot do it know and being 150/150 full accounts atm has caused various issues over the weekend, having people waiting in queue because I am unable to check accounts activity. Those data can be found easily only in the gateway as far as I know and are a significant part of every guild's daily organisation.

I've always just opened the guild page, clicked roster, click show offline players the set (not sure what its name is) tab that says member comments to status to see when the last time they logged in was.
    Thank you :D I was not thinking about it, the problem is that they cannot be ordered by date and having 400+ members would make the search quite difficoult :(

I tried with the .csv method, a little bit longer but effective ^_^

Azeroth Godwill - (Half)Drow - Virtuous AC DC - iLvL 4k

• Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    prynnce said:

juttetsu said:

How much you wanna bet they remove XP from professions now!!!
    Removing XP is the least of the worries for professions. Characters can level up quickly with all the boons/stronghold/dungeon XP, not to metion 2X XP weekends. In fact, they level up too fast if you are trying to run the game at the level of the quests.

Removing RP is a little more concerning. Even if all you did was DH runs, I doubt you could outfit a new level 70 toon with anything close to a legendary weapons, amulet, and belt, not to mention the artifacts without running some professions. At least not for anything close to the $50.
  • Options
    docwobbledocwobble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    First comment on the forums and it's to complain about something...I'm a stereotype ;_;

But seriously we're going on 5 full days now with nothing but rumors and secondhand info. I remember SCA glitching out Thursday night, all of my chars got the intro doggo mission again and kept re-rolling daily D20. This pushes me in favor of "massive emergency hotfix" over "secret awesome new features" but only the Cryptic Gods know for sure.

I share a PC with other people that play NW and the Gateway was kind of a huge part of keeping up with administrative duties (e.g. professions, guild roster, AH) during my limited free time per day.

Ignoring the bad practice of not communicating with their active player base, the best case scenario is probably some integration/balancing issue with the upcoming new content.
    The timing of so many "giveaways" in-game on the same weekend makes it seem like they were trying to manipulate the economy somehow, so hopefully it'll come back up once the tinkering is done, one way or the other.

But this talk of taking down the Gateway altogether....some of us have jobs you know, and NW doesn't exactly run on Android. It would be a literal deal-breaker.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    After just getting back, it is my understanding that Gateway was brought down due to extreme botting activity. There was no set date on when it would be back and we still don't have a set date. We're currently in discussions to see what can be done before bringing it back.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Edit: well, @strumslinger just posted a second before me, so obviously - "extreme botting activity" is the reason. So it may be a while. Please don't let them decide to remove it entirely. Puh-leez!! :smile:
    ---------------
    ---------------
    Well, I now have a bit more hope - the CTA announcement still mentions the SCA dungeon awards. Since they haven't done anything until now, I'm betting it's part of the maintenance tomorrow. Fingers crossed
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Extreme botting activity. You guys just discovered that now or...

And again, just because you can't deal with bots, you make normal players suffer ^^
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    It stands to reason - even people in this post include some of that functionality in the reason they consider the Gateway easier than the game client.
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Oh boy, surprising. People using the gateway on their smartphones or at work on break time find the gateway easier than game client...? that's a first
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

After just getting back, it is my understanding that Gateway was brought down due to extreme botting activity. There was no set date on when it would be back and we still don't have a set date. We're currently in discussions to see what can be done before bringing it back.

@strumslinger with all due respect, professions are designed to encourage botting. Profitable professions that run 4 hours just shouldn't be part of the game. The medium-term solution is to redesign professions so that bots don't have an edge over legitimate players. Make the key ones run 20 hours (like many other reset timers in the game), increase the drop accordingly, allow players to queue up a few professions (like the build queue in a CIV game, or I think SWTOR does that too).

You will never, ever, ever stay ahead of bots created for commercial purposes (true for most any MMO). Make changes to put manual use of the gateway on equal footing with automated usage, and focus the limited development bandwidth you have for anti-bot measures on catching real money transactions and on stomping out zone advertising.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    --> null

Glad the quote tool works on desktop browser as well as it does on the mobile version now!

@erosennin92 - It's ease of use does depend on how well you know how to operate a spreadsheet tool, if you're not proficient, those tools can feel really clunky. One thing I do, also, is once I've found the inactives I need to trim, I open a text editor (I use Sublime Text, it's what I use for Work when I'm doing something quick that I don't feel like opening Netbeans for) and use the regex search and replace to add /guild_kick to each line. If you wrap the name@handles in quotes, it makes it easier too. Then you can just cut/paste into the chat box repeatedly.

No big deal if you trim very often and it's only a few at a time, but if you wait a while and need to trim like 20 or 50... it gets really tedious to hunt them down. Greycloaks trims every week or so since we're nearly always full, so it's easy enough to eyeball it... but I've been lazy before too :)

@tripsofthrymr - I don't recall how I learned about it. Nothing weird, just sort of learn about it one time. Probably from someone else on the forums. It's not documented, and it's not even in the command list as far as I recall. But... it's a valid game command, so nothing "bad" about it.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Have to wonder how many people posting here complaining are the botting masters.
This discussion has been closed.