test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invoke changes on preview

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    NOW i understand why you changed combat advantage companion to make new poeple use your zen store since ca companions are not zen items:p. ARCHONS coming from lockbox, siege master from zen store. mounts from lockbox tarmalune.

You increase the gap between old and new player and you try make old player to leave because has so many ad to buy zen and not willing anymore to give cash.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    You increase the gap between old and new player and you try make old player to leave because has so many ad to buy zen and not willing anymore to give cash.
    lol. i guess old players already have it all :)
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Really guys.. stop interpreting everything Cryptic does as a change to make more money. If they did that, game would quickly be unplayable. The most important thing for Cryptic probably is how many players they have in game, not the earnings per player.

In this case the reason for this change obviously is to cut off the possibility of large botted invoke AD-factories. Another turn in the fight to make game less bottable.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I Have 2 mains and one of each class. That extra AD i get from invoking lets me keep them viable to play for fun during events. I would literally stop playing all my other characters if invoking goes this way.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Really guys.. stop interpreting everything Cryptic does as a change to make more money. If they did that, game would quickly be unplayable. The most important thing for Cryptic probably is how many players they have in game, not the earnings per player.

In this case the reason for this change obviously is to cut off the possibility of large botted invoke AD-factories. Another turn in the fight to make game less bottable.

The problem with this change is that it actively encourages botting. All that is needed for the botters is to add a few extra routines to collect the salvage needed to trigger the bonus AD and their bot armies immediately pick up even more AD than they did before. This change will do nothing but hurt regular players while benefitting the bot armies. It is a change that serves no useful purpose but which will again cause a lot of anger amongst regular players.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I loath invoking and only do it on the characters that I play, so this change is good for me, as it just means stuff will be cheaper for me considering invoking does not form a part of my AD income.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I understand that they are trying to make things fair to characters with less characters, but it does have a chance to backfire. I can now make more ad on my alts by taking advantage of the salvage bonus the evoking gives. I have 11 chars that I do full evoke on every day and at least 1 dung per day. I also have a big amount of RAD on both my main and second toon. This means all salvage can be send to my alt toons putting me in a stronger AD position than prior to mod 10.

Players with only 1 toon will however not have this advantage and the gap between ad generated in game will widen(between new players and older players).

I do not mind the removal of evoking ad for me personally as this is just a small drop in the bucket. However players just starting out needs this AD to survive. Removing it will make the game less fun for them and might send them looking for greener pastures.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Maybe some sort of hybrid model from current&preview version of invoke would be more player friendly. They could also increase daily RAD refinement cap if playability is main target.
    Sadly this change will probably increase enchantment prices, since people will do less full invoke's -> less coal&pres wards.. and less AD from invoke, players have less AD to buy stuff.
    Overall not a good change imo.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Looks like if this going to alive, it will be a hard time to innocent PS4 fresh players
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    mynaam said:

I understand that they are trying to make things fair to characters with less characters, but it does have a chance to backfire. I can now make more ad on my alts by taking advantage of the salvage bonus the evoking gives. I have 11 chars that I do full evoke on every day and at least 1 dung per day. I also have a big amount of RAD on both my main and second toon. This means all salvage can be send to my alt toons putting me in a stronger AD position than prior to mod 10.

They could always fix it so that AD can't be shifted between characters on an account through the ZAX.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    greywynd said:

They could always fix it so that AD can't be shifted between characters on an account through the ZAX.

umm . . . no.
    I aim to misbehave
  • duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Things easy to obtain by scripts shouldn't reward tradebles. Invoking for AD is one such thing. Leadership AD and profession nodes were another. I invoke while a character is active or when setting professions. That's it. I think it is a good change.

Next on list to be changed are refinement stones from leadership, because "Our monitoring data shows that ...". I hope an effort is made to not just delete the tasks, but make them reward BoAs or bind to character's. Else I will just wave good-bye to tiny shiny leadership artifact food also vanishing into the realms of forgotten existances.
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    I think the changes are good. Personally, I would remove any AD earnings from invoking. There is no skill required, so there should be no (tradeable) rewards.

I think Cryptic just gave me 15min of my life back for every day :D
    Furthermore, I wouldn't cry if leadership RP became BOC. Only long-established players benefit from this.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    durynte said:

Things easy to obtain by scripts shouldn't reward tradebles. Invoking for AD is one such thing. Leadership AD and profession nodes were another. I invoke while a character is active or when setting professions. That's it. I think it is a good change.

Next on list to be changed are refinement stones from leadership, because "Our monitoring data shows that ...". I hope an effort is made to not just delete the tasks, but make them reward BoAs or bind to character's. Else I will just wave good-bye to tiny shiny leadership artifact food also vanishing into the realms of forgotten existances.

Yea, great idea, lets remove everything that stinks of 'free and easy'. Ignore the fact, that every character was bought, every man at arms was payed for and someone took the time to level LS on his chars.

They are really on the right way with this politics. While they lost some players, their moves to reduce 'free' AD and RP are appreciated by the community and the numbers of active players are rising too unknown numbers, lalala where is my tinfoil hat.

This game is bleeding players and all this stupid 'yea, but...' is just that, stupid. I dont need internal numbers from cryptic, to see how many players are online on my FL, how long I have to search for a group, how many guilds are existing, how many guild members quit playing, how many pages of PvP-leaderboard are left.

I could sit there as a long time player and say 'I dont care, I have everything I need', bc I have, but they increase the gap between us and new players and they take away one after the other possibility for them to close the gap, progress, make it playable.

This is another nail in their own coffin, good job.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    looomis said:

Furthermore, I wouldn't cry if leadership RP became BOC. Only long-established players benefit from this.

Um, no. Making Leadership RP character-bound is a terribad idea. What would be the point of doing those tasks on toons that already have maxxed-out artifact gear? Yeah, nine profession slots wasted. Every other profession is just about completely useless as it is.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Before you go any further down that road, Panderus already said that they're not finding anything wrong with Leadership RP (and fully aware that it's the only thing that makes the profession remotely useful).

The fact that the bonus carries forward makes the system better for me than initially thought, but depends if they reset it weekly or let you carry forward indefinitely. I want it to be indefinite, no pressure to use it if you're not going to get to it, but it's there for windfall periods (overlevel bonus, for example).

But I still want to know how it interacts with VIP and I want it to be trackable.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Before you go any further down that road, Panderus already said that they're not finding anything wrong with Leadership RP (and fully aware that it's the only thing that makes the profession remotely useful)

I'm sorry but after they burned us with the Tradebar Store debacle I won't believe anything they tell us is set in stone. Fool me once, shame you you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Before you go any further down that road, Panderus already said that they're not finding anything wrong with Leadership RP (and fully aware that it's the only thing that makes the profession remotely useful)

I'm sorry but after they burned us with the Tradebar Store debacle I won't believe anything they tell us is set in stone. Fool me once, shame you you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Fool me twice, WATCH IT. I'M HUGE!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    ribbs1 said:

What is taking them so long to provide us with concrete details in the form of exact numbers and exact time restraints?

Because they did not even want to tell you about this is coming at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

ribbs1 said:

What is taking them so long to provide us with concrete details in the form of exact numbers and exact time restraints?

Because they did not even want to tell you about this is coming at all.
    Nor is it likely they will tell us now that we know it. Did they tell us about the DHE/WF cooldown? Or the drop rate of wards from invoking? Nope. We had to test that for ourselves so the community would know where it stands before considering getting them. Why? Because they are using some sort of extremely biassed and self-developed (and therefor impossible by us to verify) RNGesus engine we can't possibly prove wrong. They can just say "nope. Not in our RNGesus. It's all WaI."

Nope They're just gonna let us find out for ourselves, have some people waste at least a day of AD in order to figure it out and share with the rest of the players. That's how things always go don't they?
    Well they said there is no reset time but there is a maximum you can accumulate. We don't know what the upper limit will be but a future UI update will show how much you have and the max you can have. This change just hasn't made it to preview yet. They also said the max is more than you can get in a week. So... 3600 x 7 = 25,200. My guess is the max will be around 28-32K but that's just a guess.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    RIP my alts. Ive been looking for a reason to stop invoking on all my characters and I guess this is it. Unfortunately I will finally be forced to abandon 6-7 and choose 1-2 to main.

Whatever...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Does the % increase only work on salvage or do you get more for your 2 runs per day?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    durynte said:

So you're quite happy to spend 500k ad for each stack of minor resonance? Come on... Make them bound to account, fair enough... Make them bound to character.... NO, i'm using leadership to make RP's for my alts as well, if that change happen, then i have no intention on keep doing my professions, nor on sticking around...
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I really don't think they will achieve what they are thinking with this change. It will not stop botters at all (just like everyone said about all their previous changes) and it will decrease the playerbase.

They should just shut down the servers already since that is apparently where they are headed.
  • tssq2014tssq2014 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

I really don't think they will achieve what they are thinking with this change. It will not stop botters at all (just like everyone said about all their previous changes) and it will decrease the playerbase.

They should just shut down the servers already since that is apparently where they are headed.

May be they can't just shut down the servers as it may break some sort of contracts, who knows. thus, they applied all those player extremely unfriendly changes to kill the player base as a reasonable excuse to shutdown the server..