Install Arc
Options

MOD 10 DC changes

Comments

• Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    any change after module 10.5?
    WoL still no count power from demo rings twisted weapons and companion bonus?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited November 2016

They are fiddling with stuff. They messed up AA a bit (visual bugs, overperforming mitigation and buff duration). I wouldn't call this the end of it though.

It's hard to give you a gut check because they took away HP set, so right as SoMI hit I also switched out my gear which gave me a big power boost.

There are also other bugs (visual and otherwise) popping up for DC, we're in a usual wait and see mode.

Edit: but yes, WoL is still apparently counting "base" power only.
  • Options
    xkrz8xdeathxkrz8xdeath Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Ughh so you mean power from twisted not working also brutal rings a rising ring I worked hard to get those not working :(
  • Options
    dupeks said:

Edit: but yes, WoL is still apparently counting "base" power only.
    Thnx :)

Ughh so you mean power from twisted not working also brutal rings a rising ring I worked hard to get those not working :(

Yes its true! i have twisted weapon but i buy the burning weapons(i wait for 24 november x2 refine) is the best weapon for DC right now.
    fortunately i have x2 rings from FBI :D i never farm demo or shirmish for rings!

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited November 2016

The rule of thumb is if it has an icon by your portrait, it doesn't count. The only exception I can think of is that augments (I think) don't have an icon, and they don't count either.

Underdark rings, Twisted set, most stack or conditional proc boons don't count (the few that do, like SH Power boon or Cool Resolve's +power when you are low on stamina, don't have an icon). Protector's Camaraderie Insignia bonus doesn't count (has icon), but Assassin's Covenant does (no icon). And so on...

But it's really annoying to retest this stuff, so I don't plan on doing a thorough testing until they stop messing with DC powers (especially since recent changes have been ninja'd in without patch notes, I don't want to retest after every patch). I've also lost most of my tester-friends because they got turned off by the burning pile of garbage that is mod10 grindfest.

Edit: Yep, I run Burning but may eventually restore the relic weps because of higher stats and dmg (once *ahem* automated players have lowered the cost of mats sufficiently... I'm not spending hours of my life fishing or zerging bland and laggy HEs). And FBI rings with power and recovery, although personalized adamant aren't much worse and are pretty affordable now.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    hurray for automated players :)

but i thought i heard the marks for upgrading the new weapons are BOP from the new skirmish. If that's the case you will still end up farming for marks. Which totally sucks and it sounds like they are trying to change the chest logic since key-gate killed their current plan of charging us to open every chest.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I think is unbound. no point to be BoP, marks is like other staff for upgrade its all undound exept this from the quests ofc

• Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    something changed with chains? now it remain on the groud after it was trigered.\
    AA seems to last all time now (i think there are still only 4 hits to absorb)
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I think is unbound. no point to be BoP, marks is like other staff for upgrade its all undound exept this from the quests ofc

They're BtA.
    dupeks said:

Yep, I run Burning but may eventually restore the relic weps because of higher stats and dmg (once *ahem* automated players have lowered the cost of mats sufficiently... I'm not spending hours of my life fishing or zerging bland and laggy HEs). And FBI rings with power and recovery, although personalized adamant aren't much worse and are pretty affordable now.

More likely that prices will go up once players stop running HEs. About the only thing bots can affect is the price of bottles and fish mats.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    plavia said:

something changed with chains? now it remain on the groud after it was trigered.\
    AA seems to last all time now (i think there are still only 4 hits to absorb)

Nop just visual bug.
    urabask said:

They're BtA.
    Fail then. Maybe for this i stop to play this game again :D

• Options
    that was my point, people are in a hurry to build the artifact weapons, but leveling them is going to be a challenge. I can go from green to legendary in a day based on reserved RP i have stored. But I cannot get the marks for the progression which is a hindrance.
  • Options
    jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

that was my point, people are in a hurry to build the artifact weapons, but leveling them is going to be a challenge. I can go from green to legendary in a day based on reserved RP i have stored. But I cannot get the marks for the progression which is a hindrance.

Well today (If you were on point with the campaign) the assault of svadborg should be available so the farm starts now!. I'll probably start to run that when I'm home in like a little over 2 hrs. I haven't been lucky with moults tho. From farming BHE's, I only got like 11/40 currently & I'm feeling like I may have to settle with buying them (Super expensive tho on the AH)

Well at least for us clerics, there's really no hurry for us to get these new weapons compare to how the dpsers has to 100% get this as soon as they can.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Update:

I ran this raid a lot of times yesterday, the marks seem to drop a lot, the blue & purple ones, the orange isn't a 100% guarantee but it seems to drop a fair amount so this maybe easier than we think to get the marks. I already have the mainhand restored so it's just to get those runes from the dailies & 17 more moults and I'll be completed in terms of restoring it. I'm tempted buy the remainder of moults but as mentioned, a bit too expensive for my taste.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Update:

I ran this raid a lot of times yesterday, the marks seem to drop a lot, the blue & purple ones, the orange isn't a 100% guarantee but it seems to drop a fair amount so this maybe easier than we think to get the marks. I already have the mainhand restored so it's just to get those runes from the dailies & 17 more moults and I'll be completed in terms of restoring it. I'm tempted buy the remainder of moults but as mentioned, a bit too expensive for my taste.

Exactly.
    Here we go.

If you're willing to buy some legendary dragon keys, it's not very difficult to upgrade the artifact weapons in a decent amount of runs. The drops rate is very good to upgrade up to epic, it will take more to go legendary.
    Don't forget that the third enchantment slot is unlocked at epic for this weapon set.
    Till we have the decline button on, the idea to have the mark BoA is ok, but when the key is consumed to open chest, I'm not sure that I will open it everytime (too expensive) and maybe the legendary mark could be BoE in order to have options to collect them (play the game or AH). Otherwise it's better to stop at epic: the stats/IL are high enough to run every content.

I also drop 1 item to make the relic helm vivified and a +5 ring of stein.
    Generally speaking, I'm ok with the current SVA setup.

My best time to complete master SVA was 6 minutes: 3 high IL and experienced DCs, 1 GF and 6 brutal and emontionless dps.

And now I've to grind again the turtle moults for the OH -_-'
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    rapo973 said:

Update:

Exactly.
    Here we go.

If you're willing to buy some legendary dragon keys, it's not very difficult to upgrade the artifact weapons in a decent amount of runs. The drops rate is very good to upgrade up to epic, it will take more to go legendary.
    Don't forget that the third enchantment slot is unlocked at epic for this weapon set.
    Till we have the decline button on, the idea to have the mark BoA is ok, but when the key is consumed to open chest, I'm not sure that I will open it everytime (too expensive) and maybe the legendary mark could be BoE in order to have options to collect them (play the game or AH). Otherwise it's better to stop at epic: the stats/IL are high enough to run every content.

I also drop 1 item to make the relic helm vivified and a +5 ring of stein.
    Generally speaking, I'm ok with the current SVA setup.

My best time to complete master SVA was 6 minutes: 3 high IL and experienced DCs, 1 GF and 6 brutal and emontionless dps.

And now I've to gring again the turtle moults for the OH -_-'
    Really excellent man, congrats on that!!, I was waiting to upgrade but based on what you said, I probably should just go to purple, I was already glad to see that when you restore this weapon, the weapon enchantment was unlocked already on green & to hear the other slot unlocks at purple, really great. The zen backlog tho, I have zen currently waiting, I may go down that path. Without those keys and just farming off the bonuses, I have more than enough for the main hand to purple but I believe for the offhand I have 2/5, 1/5, 2/5 blue marks & purple (after I use the marks for the mainhand) will be 2/5, 1/5, 2/5 so I'm not in bad shape for just the 'bonus reward' using.

And I tend to agree with those thing, I would have loved is the leg marks would have been BoE at least & I'm pretty much ok with the current SVA setup. It's just really on our part to get a good group that clearly knows what they're doing or the comp is so great, you'll melt in no time lol (Nice 6 min timing btw, I've been in standard groups that got around the 8-10 min mark so I'm cool with that)

Ah, the moults, lol. I now have like 7/20 so I need like 13 more. Since I don't have leg keys at this time, I've been farming the HE's to get the giant rep back and it kinda helps me get moults. I really can't wait for when we don't need to farm the moults again...

• Options
    kreanz1kreanz1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    All that farm/ADs for a weapon set that grants a little bit more of power, crit and recovery, with a bonus that, meh, not that good. Imho, not worth it at all.
    Relic armor set, that you need to restore, empower and vivify, so again farm, farm and farm/ADs...and cooldown on voninblod like black ice, cmon.
    I'll totally skip all the sets in this MOD. Really, all this farming for a few more stats, not worth the effort and the ADs.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    kreanz1 said:

All that farm/ADs for a weapon set that grants a little bit more of power, crit and recovery, with a bonus that, meh, not that good. Imho, not worth it at all.
    Relic armor set, that you need to restore, empower and vivify, so again farm, farm and farm/ADs...and cooldown on voninblod like black ice, cmon.
    I'll totally skip all the sets in this MOD. Really, all this farming for a few more stats, not worth the effort and the ADs.

Honestly I'm not very interested in the stats but the weapon damage values: that's a big boost because it's the base for everything. I think that even a full healer build could have a decent boost to run the daily quests without spending hours on the trash mobs.
    While the relic gear set is a matter of choices, the weapon set is something I decided that it's worth to grind for. Just personal preferences.
    As a minor comment, the vivified relic set upgrades the stats and the IL from 140/145/150 to 150/155/160 so there's an option to have the vivified set at tier 1 without spending voniblod. If I find the stuff to have it vivified, ok fine...otherwise I can live without.

Anyhow I fully understand the yes/no dilemma when the SKT module is played because the level of effort to get these items is insane in terms of time and resources while the benefit is marginal. I feel downhearted when I think about it.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    grrrrr, should have refreshed before posting
  • Options
    I still feel like I gotta have the weapons despite of everything. I agree with @rapo973's statement to say that even a full healer build will could benefit with the weapons. I understand the point of view of how overly grindy this mod has been & I have told those who see the FBI gear as too much to get as the drops there are so bad & random, you're better off putting the effort into the main/offhand. I do like the extra power you get from it tho. That's a whole 1600+ power from your current leg. set to your new wep set if you get it leg. as well.

Some of the clerics I know who specifically use the burning set seem to want to stay with that set because of the bonus. For my personal view, I will still have my burning set in my inventory and really play around with both sets in dungeons and see how much of a difference it will be without that 25% ap gain that's like once every 30 secs.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

That's a whole 1600+ power from your current leg. set to your new wep set if you get it leg. as well.

Some of the clerics I know who specifically use the burning set seem to want to stay with that set because of the bonus. For my personal view, I will still have my burning set in my inventory and really play around with both sets in dungeons and see how much of a difference it will be without that 25% ap gain that's like once every 30 secs.

I agree but when you already have - let's say - 30k power, +1600 is welcome but the overall progress is relatively low (~+5% power, +0.4% damage without bondings). Furthermore +1600 power is what you need to compensate the power loss of the twisted set (in case you use it). From this point of view, I think that stats are more or less interesting (at high IL).
    As an addition of the previous post, the base damage from the new set is a real improvement:
    Legendary Twisted Omoioma/Elemental set: 1,291-1,578 Damage
    Epic Lighttender's holy symbol: 1,478 - 1,807
    +14%

I haven't tested it accurately yet, but the improvement is visible.

In my case the AP generation is given by my stats/powers/feats and that's why I don't need the burning set anymore (even if I have it in my inventory). The Lighttender's set is almost mandatory for me, being a Wis/Cha/Pwr/Rec and low crit DC.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    rapo973 said:

That's a whole 1600+ power from your current leg. set to your new wep set if you get it leg. as well.

I agree but when you already have - let's say - 30k power, +1600 is welcome but the overall progress is relatively low (~+5% power, +0.4% damage without bondings). Furthermore +1600 power is what you need to compensate the power loss of the twisted set (in case you use it). From this point of view, I think that stats are more or less interesting (at high IL).
    As an addition of the previous post, the base damage from the new set is a real improvement:
    Legendary Twisted Omoioma/Elemental set: 1,291-1,578 Damage
    Epic Lighttender's holy symbol: 1,478 - 1,807
    +14%

I haven't tested it accurately yet, but the improvement is visible.

In my case the AP generation is given by my stats/powers/feats and that's why I don't need the burning set anymore (even if I have it in my inventory). The Lighttender's set is almost mandatory for me, being a Wis/Cha/Pwr/Rec and low crit DC.
    Ohh, that base dmg, you really got to have this set lol. I was told from multiple people that the number was 14% on epic, 20% or close to it on legendary. I need to check that out myself as well and see.

That ap gen part, well me personally, I'm probably on the same boat there with the different sources of ap gen I have as well & along with that mount power use of artificer's persuasion & influence (Although that will just be for 15 secs), I do got the Lighttender's set but I have the chest piece & bracers as restoration, the head & boots as raid because I like the total power that it provides together as a combo, the recovery is decent & the crit is just to say I at least have 'something there' & secondly, I did FBI hundreds of times & those were the exact pieces that dropped and dropped alone so you really got work with whatever that drops (Except the chest piece, if I didn't get the restoration one like I wanted & got the raid, I would have probably farmed even harder to get the restoration)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yep +14% and it influences the numbers of your encounters powers as well.
    Concerning the set from FBI, I found all the 8 pieces of the raid and restoration set. The restoration helm was the last one I found in the moment that I was losing the hope to have it. I will go full restoration (as a tradition for my DC) but I will not wear it until it's not vivified.
    This will happen in the next weeks: one book every week from SVA, you need 8 books as far as I remember (I'm not at home now).
    1 book - Helm
    3 books - Chest
    2 books - Arms
    2 books - Boots

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rapo973 said:

Yep +14% and it influences the numbers of your encounters powers as well.
    Concerning the set from FBI, I found all the 8 pieces of the raid and restoration set. The restoration helm was the last one I found in the moment that I was losing the hope to have it. I will go full restoration (as a tradition for my DC) but I will not wear it until it's not vivified.
    This will happen in the next weeks: one book every week from SVA, you need 8 books as far as I remember (I'm not at home now).
    1 book - Helm
    3 books - Chest
    2 books - Arms
    2 books - Boots

I really need that luck you got man lmao & I'll check that in a bit to make sure with the vivified but that looks right since I don't have work today (Hooray!)

Edited : You need 8 tale carvings to get the total/specific volumes of books if that's worded right
    Post edited by jeffslider on
  • Options

Edited : You need 8 tale carvings to get the total/specific volumes of books if that's worded right

Correct. I've mixed up the tale carvings and the volumes of books.
    Following the wording from the devs, 8 ostorian tale carvings for 4 "testimonies", one testimony for each specific part of the gear set.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10253573-patch-notes:-storm-king's-thunder:-sea-of-moving-ice

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    if u are duffer or healer why need the relic weapon...? its rly annoying....to much grind-farm and AD.
    burning weapon is the best solution for the clerics.
    I wait for next module maybe there we have better arti weapons.
    if u are dps cleric yes is good to have relic weapons but and this is annoying to play dps cleric in NWO :p

• Options
    rapo973 said:

Furthermore +1600 power is what you need to compensate the power loss of the twisted set (in case you use it).

I don't think the power from the twisted set bonus counts toward your buffing. So in that regard there is nothing to be made up for and the weapon damage would make up the difference in your own person loss of power.

if u are duffer or healer why need the relic weapon...? its rly annoying....to much grind-farm and AD.
    if u are dps cleric yes is good to have relic weapons but and this is annoying to play dps cleric in NWO :p

You do realize that the weapon damage impacts your heal potency?
  • Options

@panteleelee, it will be a long while before changes like that tho. You gotta remember, we got those burning sets, the edemo set, etc in Mod 8th, which came out on November 17th, 2015 & we had those weapons for 3 mods, basically 1 year. You really going to wait a year or maybe slightly more for a new set of weapons? In my view, it is a grind to get it, of course but you really should consider that set & @putzboy78 stated, it impacts heal potency. I don't see why you won't go for. At least say that you won't go for so soon or something as truthfully, I feel dc's on the whole, there won't be a big rush to get these weapons but eventually, people will get them but not at a hurried pace compared to how DPS classes are getting this asap. Myself personally, I've been grinding hard for this set everyday since the mod came out. Dedicated evenings after work to log on & try and see how best I can farm it. I made the mainhand & it's ready to go to legendary, just need the superior marks that drop from the new raid & for the offhand, I'm missing those daily runs you get from the quests in SoMI so I'll get enough by this sunday & I have enough RP to get it ready for legendary, will just need the superior marks here.

If you really look at it, the majority of things needed to restore this set are easy to get & it's relatively cheap in the AH actually. The only thing that's a true grind is the moults & the mana plaster hence why the x2 AD couldn't be at a better time, this was the perfect time if you were storing up salvage for months to use it and you'll have more than enough AD to cover both the moults & plaster (you can, if you have your artificing profession maxed, can use lanolin as well to craft this which I farmed lanolin before the mod 10 b started & crafted the plaster I needed)

Just gotta bring that up because yes, it is a grind for sure but the way some people are eluding to the set, they make it seem 100% impossible to get which that's just the lazy talking. I didn't even need to use any of my personal RP (Reso stones) to get the mainhand ready for legendary as the boring fishing, when you get maps, you do have a solid chance to get RP specifically for the new weapons & some like the rough amethyst, you can easily restore that into the lustrous cloud amethyst which the materials to make that happen are super cheap in the AH. Lustrous = 250,000 rp in those weapons, double rp = 500,000 rp so there's ways to make things happen. My advice is just take your time and it will get done.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    putzboy78 said:

rapo973 said:

Furthermore +1600 power is what you need to compensate the power loss of the twisted set (in case you use it).

I don't think the power from the twisted set bonus counts toward your buffing. So in that regard there is nothing to be made up for and the weapon damage would make up the difference in your own person loss of power.
    No, it doesn't. I was discussing at the very basic level , just additions and substractions without considering the consequences, they are so many if I take the twisted weapon set as a benchmark.

- Paranoia/Bloodlust rollecoaster (twisted) vs Overcharge (lighttenders). Very situational and different mechanics, but I prefer the idea to have a fixed +10% outgoing damages+ heals or -10% incoming damages + run speed for 10 seconds every 30 seconds.
    - Lighttenders provides superior "base" damage even at green and +14% at epic. It means that your at-will and encounters powers (damage and heal) perform much better.
    - If you sum up the power from the legendary twisted set 5,041 + (up to 160 x 24=) 3,840 = 8,881, it's potentially better than 7,224 from the lighttenders, but the 3,840 component is not involved in any buff loop. Overall you lose up to 1,657 power, but if you are a power buffer you gain 7224 - 5041 = (2,183 * X) to be shared ( 0 < X < 0.75 depending on the build). As a power buffer if you have high rank bonding runestones, the feedback loop makes the lighttenders the way to go.
    - The lighttender provides better crit/rec stats
    - The lighttender has the third enchantment slot unlocked at epic and not at legendary. If you want to fish a bit to find some maps, the treasure chests provide a lot of refiniment resources for the lighttender set while the normal SVA provides both blue and (rarely) purple marks. If you're in the 2.8 - 3.1k range (no FBI, no master SVA), there's an opportunity to upgrade the weapon up to epic, but it takes some time if you don't buy the legendary dragon keys.
    - The lighttender has a better IL. On one hand this is irrelevant in terms of performance, on the other hand it can be a small improvement to overcome the IL gate of some dungeons/raid.
    - Other things I forget/ I don't know. For example, I don't know if the "base" damage has also an influence on the base AP generation of the encounter powers.

Generally speaking, I agree with the approach from @jeffslider. The new set has great potentials and it should be the way to go. How you get it, it's a matter of choiches: the real wall is given by the lanolins and the dragon turtles moults.
    If you have resources, you can buy them at the AH, but it's a big investement, otherwise take your time and grind as you wish. It can be a mix of both as well.

There's just an issue if you have the burning holy set as a key element of your build and playstyle, because you lose an important source of AP which is not replaced by the new set. A workaround should be found: @jeffslider already suggested an option.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    putzboy78 said:

Mate u cant heal the one hits...is annoying either to play heal in this game too the better way to be perma AA to save your group.

@panteleelee, it will be a long while before changes like that tho. You gotta remember, we got those burning sets, the edemo set, etc in Mod 8th, which came out on November 17th, 2015 & we had those weapons for 3 mods, basically 1 year. You really going to wait a year or maybe slightly more for a new set of weapons? In my view, it is a grind to get it, of course but you really should consider that set

U right but i dont find any reason to get this weapons...burning for me is the best im not healer anyway i play debuff-buff, yes the stats is way better from burning but im casual player this grind kill me.
    2 option for me i play my way or i stop this game again :p

• Options
    ijonumijonum Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Well I agree with panteleelee that they will eventually do a more powerful weapon. I'm running basically two main chars, so it would be too much of an effort to grind the Lighttenders for both, so I decided to stay with burning for my DC and farm Lighttender's for my GWF. DC will help him with the grind, and then GWF will help the DC with grinding his next-gen-to-be weapon :)