test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What new PvP mode would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Solo que should be solo only. I think we all want more players to pvp and want to make them pvp as pleasant experience as possible. I really don't think that they enjoy match against 2 player premade team with good gear and boons.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

Solo que should be solo only. I think we all want more players to pvp and want to make them pvp as pleasant experience as possible. I really don't think that they enjoy match against 2 player premade team with good gear and boons.

some will not even enjoy a match with a 1 player premade lol
    if 2 or 3 people that know each other solo Q at the same time odds are 2 will be on one side and 1 on the other
    or all 3 on 1 side what then lol ?????
  • bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

Devil's advocate if this system were to be implemented: NO REWARDS for glory, kills, assists, campaign goals, etc. as this would be an easy way to exploit the game by farming.

This is a reasonable point, but: we can run normal ToS in under 5mins and get our daily AD, why not allow the same easy gain here? There seems to be a disconnect in various earnings mechanics in the game at present.

@metalldjt +1 on the Lobby idea!
    And to be viable for Domination, GG and SHS, please.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    +1 Yeaaa, this should make it better!!! :)
    metalldjt said:

why are you guys makin it more complicated and we will end up having another **** que for ages, i already said what are the best choices so please bump this idea.

1. -There should be a que for solo and duo que , incase you want to take a friend with you. 2. -There needs to be a que for 5vs5 , where a group of 5 players will que and face a random group of 5 players. * AND in the same que there needs to be a LOBBY in which you get a total of 10 players in it = 2 groups and que for a insta pop , this will also aleviate the waiting in que that we have to wait normally, this will also open up ways of promoting fair play, if we get this que we can organize even tournaments, it also helps every guild out there even players that are groups made of 2.000 item level and want to que against another group of 2.000 item level they can use the LOBBY system.

should look like this

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Hello everyone! Really interesting discussion.

Sounds like the solo queue option is pretty popular. I wanted to ask a few questions. THIS IS NOT A PROMISE OF ANYTHING. It’s just me asking some questions.

If we had a Domination solo queue,
    1) Should it allow two people to queue together also (“duo queue”)? Or should it be strictly solo?
    2) Is everyone OK with 3 and 4 person groups (and maybe 2 person, depending on your answer to #1) not being able to queue for Domination?
    I ask the second question because if one queue is solo, then the other queue pretty much has to be 5-person (if you had a 4-person group in that queue, where would you find a 5th? no solo person will want to be in the premade queue!). This is a price I’d be willing to pay (I solo queue for Domination a lot on live, so I am totally feeling everyone’s pain!), but I wanted to see what other people thought.

if you solo queue domination on live a lot you see that pvp problems are far behind doing something with que. There will be duo que players constantly invincible like 5 man premades are now (even trolling game even more than it is now). Even if you allow only solo que, there will be too often one player among all 10, who will decide the fate of the match, almost no matter what others are doing. (dont saying about two duo players matched against pug team constantly - what I fear) Better find a proper solution to not allow BIS players and moderate geared players meet each other too often or not at all. If you fear big changes, than do other things at first, to bring more players. Restart NCL, bring better rewards, balance items. At least try to do something, save the game. 99,9% players rate pvp as unplayable or boring... so you cant do for worse

Allowing 2 player premade to solo que will lead to current state of game -> 1-2 mins and non premade party is at campfire saying gg and hoping to get cap switch.
    Having 2 strong players in party means basically they can hold 2 nodes easily.
    I support lobby system as said.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2016

The nuclear option, which would work, is no premades allowed at all. Only solo queue for all players, with matchmaking as best as can be done.

this should be gauntlgrym mode, which is dead anyway. I spend hours at GG que after lowering the number of players to pop, but it still never pop. whenever last time someone participate at GG? it should be interesting poll. Such a nice map and complete waste ....

cryptic should resuscitate GG with solo que as first step for better pvp. for next week patch as jubilee special gift?

playstation sales are behind the corner, so dont tell me we need waiting months for basics like this? @rgutscheradev
    I usually que siege, domination and gg. but yeah it's domination that pops out about 99% chance
  • playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

The same kind of players that run level 10 PVP with Rank 12s will make sure solo q is no better than the system we have now. And 5v5 will most likely still result in the 2k v 4k matches we have now. So, I think other options must be on the table.

are there even sockets for the gear at level 10 ?

sure the possibility for 5v5 que to end u in 4k vs 2k could be... now what is wrong with you? in every game is bound that players fight against other good players... stop vicimizing the normal.
    There is gear @ lvl 10 with enchanment slots... it all comes from opening packs, or on the AH for 100k AD+... so, STILL P2W

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Lv10's bracket using rank 12 sounds like weak players that cant survive lv 70 bracke to me :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

Back on topic, the best mode would be a combo of PVP and PVE, maybe involving both sides uniting to fight NPCs. But no healing of inanimate objects and NPCs allowed.

look at PvP Siege, thats what happened when they tried to unite PvP and PvE.
    Or look at black ice domination/open world PVP where they tried to unite PVE and PVP by having HEs and allowing pets in PVP... Stuff doesnt work.

And guess what... ALL the pvpers said "dont allow pets in OW PVP" and all the PVE guys said "allow pets" and look what happened. It failed.

PVP needs to be "pure" which is why I suggested removing boons completely from domination as a first step. It would drastically reduce the gear gap issue and the massive power creep.

One of the best suggestions I saw here was creating a "dual spec" deal where you have an alternate "PVP tab" in your character sheet, you select all your gear from drop downs of all the gear you have available (like when contributing to the SH - allows you to drop down and select stuff in your bank too). You select items for all armor slots. Select ONE artifact. And it shows all your stats (minus all boons) for PVP purposes. Kinda your "pvp version".

So this way, you can be fully PVE geared out with all the power creep and boons you want, PVP pops, you zone in, and its your "pvp version" with 1 artifact, pvp gear you chose, and no boons (pvp ones only). Then you PVP. Port back out and boom, your back in the SH area in PVE gear with all your HAMSTER again.

GG would work the same.
    Siege would take the "pvp character" and add ONLY the SH boons - to give more weight to SH boons for Siege.
    This would drastically fix the game by a LARGE margin and make it more fun as well.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

I have always loved BID and hope it is a feature of Mod 10.

If it works sure.. if pets are allowed and they dont promote it with good rewards... itll never be balanced games.

I love the IDEA of BID, just never was implemented well IMO. Were EXTREMELY rare you had any good fights there....

Im fairly certain they got inspiration from Warhammer because it used a very similar approach to open world PVP, the big difference with NW and WAR is that once the "BOs" were captured, you assault a "Keep" and then if you succeed, it locks the zone and you get GOOD loot.

BID isnt totally the same, but there should be some good rewards for winning... Also they need a "timer" or something that counts down to when BID will be active.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Another point I am going to bring up to the devs you guys changed the ways nodes were capped without
    asking or ever telling the community in order to adjust some stale match aspects please insure the 5 v 5 / or 10/ vs 10 player Lobby mode includes

the option to select which map and more importantly NODE CAPTURE MODE and max match length or score
    (old node cap rules)

Old School cap mode (once node is turned one player can hold it ) Long matches Lost of kills and deaths
    fighting between transitions and nodes and on the upper Pvp level

New School cap mode (once node is turned majority wins to re cap )Short matches low kills and deaths
    no fighting between transitions and off node and on the balcony or upper levels

The new Method of node capture does not include/ discourages the player from going anywhere else on the map strategically except to zerg node to flip it and forces ranged character to always stay on node
    even if they are squishy and discourages build diversity

Problem now is nothing is dying with the new node cap rules now or over healing from everywhere

LET US PICK HOW THE NODE GETS CAPPED
    or depending on map could have old school or new school cap rules
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User

I have always loved BID and hope it is a feature of Mod 10.

it would be great if they could do some kind of prompt to transfer you into a random side once a BiD starts. It just teleports you right there. i know alot of people that would join just for some variety.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    If you are adding an option for solo queue, which I like, it can't be anything other than solo. No, duo or otherwise. Two BIS toons on the same team will tear a pug team apart. That is what people are doing now and a part of why PVP is unpopular.

The other option should be only 1 of each class per team. Two of one class skews odds considerably. We have been dealing with the standard two TRs in each pug team for years now and it needs to be changed!

• scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    +1 That's a great step forward.
    metalldjt said:

why are you guys makin it more complicated and we will end up having another **** que for ages, i already said what are the best choices so please bump this idea.

1. -There should be a que for solo and duo que , incase you want to take a friend with you. 2. -There needs to be a que for 5vs5 , where a group of 5 players will que and face a random group of 5 players. * AND in the same que there needs to be a LOBBY in which you get a total of 10 players in it = 2 groups and que for a insta pop , this will also aleviate the waiting in que that we have to wait normally, this will also open up ways of promoting fair play, if we get this que we can organize even tournaments, it also helps every guild out there even players that are groups made of 2.000 item level and want to que against another group of 2.000 item level they can use the LOBBY system.

should look like this

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
This discussion has been closed.