test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What new PvP mode would you like to see in Neverwinter?

scarabmanscarabman Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
What new PvP mode would you like to see in Neverwinter? Capture the flag? Free-for-all king of the hill? Dragon-riding baseball? Put your best ideas down here and +1 the ideas you like most.

Comments

• Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Solo que
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    its not friday the 13th yet :D

cant believe my eyes honestly

at first do you realize that pvp has really major problems that need to be fixed and not new modes?

1. deal with power creep (mainly stronghold boons - they are too strong for pvp - maybe at least halved them for pvp)
    2. deal with items that negate and steal basic class mechanics (stealth rings) and drains- they are pure stupid
    3. i am not convinced that cryptic can fix and balance pvp so easiest solution is please bring equalized version
    of pvp with polished power creep. Make regular pvp equalized and if you need to kep your business model still work, run frequent NCLs with all power creep for cosmetic reward (new howler like). Because of power creep, all non big guilds players no longer bother even queing for pvp, because they have no chance against premades. So separate these guilds and pugs at regular pvp, a lot more players will play then (either strictly separate premade and solo or make that equalized version or something)

if i need to pick mode i say capture the flag, but can you do anything besides new modes? You can see two of three pvp modes (gauntlgrym and sieges) totally dead, so its not about modes but overall approach

Post edited by vinceent1 on
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @bbascomdev

Dear Dev!

Let me speak to you from my heart. This question of yours is mildly spoken badly timed, but none the less a good opportunity for us to communicate with a Dev, who might carry our words. You see PVP is nearly dead, the remaining players, who play it on a regular basis wouldn't be enough to fill my living room and i don't live in Windsor Castle.

Before you ask us players what new PVP mode we would like to see, i guess you guys, the Devs should first ask yourselves how to get players back to it, cause if nothing will be done the new mode will be equally underpopulated like the ones currently are.

The problem of PVP being deserted lies deeper, sure we would have loved your question few Mods back, but at this time it is not even a secondary objective, there are bigger fires burning.

First you guys need to either equalize pvp, like @defiantone99 wrote above and/or introduce a new bracket system, which includes Stronghold boons and the legendary mounts too. Just one example 8K arm pen from SH boon+4k arm pen from mount is overkill for most players or better said ex players and that's just 1 stat. 99% of the former players can't keep up with the power creep and it is really insane now.

Secondly i agree with @taitinhakkaaja too, separate premades from solo, another huge problem would be solve by this, end PUG slaughter finally.

Thirdly delete drains from PVP. We are all human, we all make mistakes, but that thing is beyond bad, it degrades any remaining skill in the arena.

Not much, but without these few things to start the new mode is bound to be another epic failure, in the game. Outside, well i must agree it's still a good marketing asset to have, but would it matter...

Thank you!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Solo que

+1. This is a very easy implementation. This alone would make me play PVP again...

And of course you are asking for new PVP modes. I think the available options are ok. I enjoyed both GG and dom PVP in mod5 and earlier.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    A form of SH PVP not centered around lanes but actually centered around getting into the enemies' stronghold and defeating their Lord (like a T2 Epic boss) before they can do that to your SH Lord. It would be like contested raids.

So a map would basically be the two strongholds and a Lane or two leading from one SH to the other ( or you could simply reuse the currently existing SH siege map). You could place SH guard mobs on the map as well. The point would be to make it past the other team to their "Lord" and take him down first. You can leave players behind to try and protect your Lord or try a full frontal assault to kill their Lord faster. Many offensive and defensive options.

I think it could be a fun mix of PVE and PVP while incorporating the current module.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    You need to bring players back to pvp first, otherwise a new pvp mode will like SH siege. Hence, there is no answer to your question.

Here are 3 suggestions:
    1. Duo builds. It is not only help pvp but also pve, which is why I strongly suggest you to seriously considering this. Put this feature to zen store or bound to VIP. Then people can have a pvp and pve builds if they like pvp. I think this feature is more attractive than the new mount system, that means better source for the game income.

2. Remove tenacity or put this stat to all gears.

These two suggestions are to help pve oriented players to have easy life in pvp. This means larger player base.

3. Complete premade queue (both sides) for any pvp modes. That is to say that people can create relative balance parties without exploiting certain items. Drain enchats are no fun, then we create a full premade to avoid this. See this lower the pressure for Devs to fix certain broken items.

Well, these 3 suggestions will not solve all problems. But they need to addressed before any new pvp mode.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Capture the flag
    Assault (bring your flag to their "base")
    Skulls (kill the person with the skull)
    King of the Hill

pretty much any PvP game type that Halo has had for over a decade :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'd love to see a gladiatorial PvP mode. Players start with basic gear and can upgrade them through gladiatorial tasks. No rank 12 enchants on a level 30 character and such like. Nothing could be added to the character from outside the Gladatorial arena, Trade of Blades upgrades which would be earned from gladiatorial tasks.

Make the mode much more about feats, boons and successfully completing tasks.

Each character would have a tab on main character sheet they could use to switch and see their gladiatorial gear.
  • Options
    angrycat#6319 angrycat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Definitely 1v1, without stronghold boons, drains and rings. It would be nice :)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Disable use of Thrones.

If you want a meganerf without altering too much code (I think) disable use of toys such as Cloak of Lesser Etherealness, and Pocket Pet.

There's event buff foods you can use in PvP. Maybe disable those.

I'll even bring up the dead horse discussion on making the new rings more class specific so you don't get a Tank that can vanish etc.

I don't think a large group is going to precisely agree exactly which is the best to do first or last for this.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    There was a 3 v 3 mode on preview server that was never released
    There is another pvp map hidden in the code also that was never released
    why not add the black ice domination map as its own q able pvp map 20 vs 20
    we need a pvp q lobby as well
    we need a solo only Q as well

Why not have a foundry contest to create the new map and mode and get the players involved and moral higher have
    @strumslinger @bbascomdev announce the new foundry pvp map creation contest !!!!

P.S please let this not be a distraction feedback pull the wool over our eyes post with an open ended question
    that the dev dont comment on feedback further on as the thread goes to dozens of more pages with no more dev comments or encouragement please let this not be that kind of thread we have waited MONTHS for any dev post in the pvp forum. thank you

P.S.S 6 visits to the forums and 2 posts not very encouraging to say the least unless its a general account seems very strange indeed i will be monitoring the visit number to see if feedback is actually being read please don't disappoint us we will only bite a little : d
    Username
    bbascomdev
    Visits

Last Active
    May 11
    Roles
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Capture the Flag.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @strumslinger have a pvp foundry creation contest for this news
    @bbascomdev have a pvp foundry creation contest for this news

Let the community help you do some of the work !!!

If you had the contest everyone would love you guys you would kill multiple birds with one stone
    Just make a rule that it has to be a mirror map same for both sides less bugs and balance and map collision issues

Domination on the test server had a 3 v 3 mode never released

There is another hidden pvp map in the code also never released was shown in the Russian forums as well
    it is already sitting in the code

Rework black ice domination maps to be q able...there are 2 good maps to use for other suggestions provided here ..

solo q
    premade q

why not a 3 team 3 player q pvp free for all ?

how about a spectator mode ?? or tag team cage match etc

lobby for making a party and map gameplay type rules. Low gravity .. limit deaths/ limit spawn/ etc set match time
    no drains OR RINGS ( VERY UNBALANCING ) also set Old node Capture/contesting rules or new node Capture/contesting rules
    they were changed on the pvp community a few mods ago with no warning or feedback from us

a pvp map with more hazards walls moving spike pit opening fire trap moving platforms etc
    teleporting platforms ... randomized spawn locations ,,) gravity or super trampoline bounce
    switches that can change a maze map layout ..deathmatch pvp maps low light maps etc

a map slowly filling with lava or water or gas as time runs out and combat have to climb up
    to stay out of the hazards

a cage that opens up and a huge monster comes and starts attacking everyone

an invisible wall that slowly puhes players out of spawn or teleports them randomly somewhere on the map

Bring Back Ncl (neverwinter combat league with meaningful prizes )

Add basic Barebones PVP gear for Everyone Or dual spec Or increase/tweak the tenacity bonus base or stat curve

@bbascomdev
    Welcome To the PVP forums!!!
    Good to have a Dev commenting in the PVP forums be sure to check for our feedback in this post regularly
    Thanks

Please Dont let this fall on deaf eyes lol
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    Something like rocket league with mounts sounds awesome, do that. No balance to worry about, just skill. Outside the box thinking, I like it @metalldjt
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    True, though that exists in pvp today as well. Equalizing mount speed for never winter rocket league is the right thing to do, but cryptic may prefer to make this the monetizing aspect of this format.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    madoldsunmadoldsun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    more amazingly broken and perfectly unbalanced stuff, nice
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I really dont think any PvP modes will work any good with the current class/items issues.

And I rather see new Domination maps that are a bit more advanced and not so simple in design. Something that can makes fights more interesting. Traps. Bridges, holes in ground etc. Maybe more ways to get to a point etc.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    4 teams of 5 in Gauntlgrym (que only)

Gauntlgrym as an open world, always open PVE/PVP (non-queable) zone - complete with quests, NPCs, etc & so on.

Vellosk Pit Fight 1v1 "duel" area.

Item Level pairing system.

New maps (not recycled stuff - PVE also please)

This discussion has been closed.