test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What new PvP mode would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

why are you guys makin it more complicated and we will end up having another **** que for ages, i already said what are the best choices so please bump this idea.

1. -There should be a que for solo and duo que , incase you want to take a friend with you. 2. -There needs to be a que for 5vs5 , where a group of 5 players will que and face a random group of 5 players. * AND in the same que there needs to be a LOBBY in which you get a total of 10 players in it = 2 groups and que for a insta pop , this will also aleviate the waiting in que that we have to wait normally, this will also open up ways of promoting fair play, if we get this que we can organize even tournaments, it also helps every guild out there even players that are groups made of 2.000 item level and want to que against another group of 2.000 item level they can use the LOBBY system.

should look like this

+ 1

and a rabbit
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2016

If you are adding an option for solo queue, which I like, it can't be anything other than solo. No, duo or otherwise. Two BIS toons on the same team will tear a pug team apart. That is what people are doing now and a part of why PVP is unpopular.

The other option should be only 1 of each class per team. Two of one class skews odds considerably. We have been dealing with the standard two TRs in each pug team for years now and it needs to be changed!

so like 2 or 3 bis tunes from the same guild cant sync solo Q and end up in the same match ?

anyways lol

solo and dual Q is essentially the same ....to protect you from full 5 mans ..everyone always plays the victim and pretends they never randomly end up on the winning side with the "good players" either (which they do )

now you are going to say that 2 people from the same guild should never be put in the same solo Q match together either right lol

oh lets take this an irrational step further 2 people on the same friends list should never in the same Solo/Dual Q match Right ??

oh and if some one is on your ignore list you should never see them in any match ever right ? lol or only on the other side ? or never ?

Clearly you have not read all/any of the post leading up to this or you would not have come to such a knee jerk incorrect assumption / conclusion

Did you even Read what the Dev Wrote about about the logistics of single/ dual Q it actually showed he was paying attention and had a good summary conclusion/ question based on what the community wrote

and 2 of each class is just fine the odds can also be skewed for or against you in a match and there could be one good player and one terrible player of the same class as well (

also it might be different paragon or specs or tree of the same class making them completely different (how is one player supposed to train another player of the same class and go with him ?) ...

myopic feedback is all we got from you *sigh*

Post edited by kalina311 on
  • scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

If you are adding an option for solo queue, which I like, it can't be anything other than solo. No, duo or otherwise. Two BIS toons on the same team will tear a pug team apart. That is what people are doing now and a part of why PVP is unpopular.

The other option should be only 1 of each class per team. Two of one class skews odds considerably. We have been dealing with the standard two TRs in each pug team for years now and it needs to be changed!

so like 2 or 3 bis tunes from the same guild cant sync solo Q and end up in the same match ?

anyways lol

solo and dual Q is essentially the same ....to protect you from full 5 mans ..everyone always plays the victim and pretends they never randomly end up on the winning side with the "good players" either (which they do )

now you are going to say that 2 people from the same guild should never be put in the same solo Q match together either right lol

+1
    I never do premades, not that I am skilled enough to make a difference anyways :wink: So this way the likelihood of running against full BiS teams is diminished. I doubt that many BiS teams would come on the regular Q as often as they do now, and if they do, they will just be wasting the time of all involved.

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kalina311 said:

anyways lol

oh lets take this an irrational step further 2 people on the same friends list should never in the same Solo/Dual Q match Right ??

oh and if some one is on your ignore list you should never see them in any match ever right ? lol or only on the other side ? or never ?

Clearly you have not read all/any of the post leading up to this or you would not have come to such a knee jerk incorrect assumption / conclusion

Did you even Read what the Dev Wrote about about the logistics of single/ dual Q it actually showed he was paying attention and had a good summary conclusion/ question based on what the community wrote

and 2 of each class is just fine the odds can also be skewed for or against you in a match and there could be one good player and one terrible player of the same class as well (

also it might be different paragon or specs or tree of the same class making them completely different (how is one player supposed to train another player of the same class and go with him ?) ...

An obvious EXTREMIST TR who enjoys the unbalanced joke we now call PVP.

If there is to be a solo queue it should be just that period 'solo', if you want a party join another queue. If you can't create a solo queue there is no reason to change it because anything else is too much like what we have now! Multiple classes severely skews the balance of the match and should not be allowed in a solo queue.

Post edited by bittynation on
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Will the solo queue resolove low item level player against high item level player?

Will the solo queue resolve team balance that 1 team has 2 or 3 healer and the other team are all dps?
    edited June 2016

kalina311 said:

anyways lol

An obvious EXTREMIST TR who enjoys the unbalanced joke we now call PVP.

If there is to be a solo queue it should be just that period 'solo', if you want a party join another queue. If you can't create a solo queue there is no reason to change it because anything else is too much like what we have now! Multiple classes severely skews the balance of the match and should not be allowed in a solo queue.

its obvious I was Trying to point out that solo and dual Q are essentially the same (because you can sync anyways)

its obvious that are you are making another pvp mode suggestion for it to be rainbow comp only

its obvious you are person that skims posts and jumps to conclusions (had you bothered to read my posts you would have seen my view points do not match you assertions at all

its obvious Had you bothered to read or even click on my name you would see I PLAY A CW overpowered right? tons of posts in the Cw forums none in the TR forums lol you might want to work on your "obvious" skills

Good day to you Sir the only view point that is unbalanced and uninformed clearly is yours obviously

obviously next time do your research properly bro

edited June 2016
    fastrean3 said:

Will the solo queue resolove low item level player against high item level player?

Will the solo queue resolve team balance that 1 team has 2 or 3 healer and the other team are all dps?

No but a pvp lobby allows for adjustment to that temporarily to set your own match fairly 5v5 or 10v10 or whatever.. ...till more time is allocated to a equalised pvp gear level or a dual barebones spec and class balance a tall order for the devs ..

Time is allocated from easiest things to fix and implement done first by making small adjustments
    if suggestions are too complex tho valid they may go to the bottom of their list or be put in a future
    build to work on or test
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    +1 for the lobby idea!:) If it will be used together with custom channels for >2.5k, 2.5k - 3k etc. it will be almost as good as IL-brackets. Of course players will have to make sure those channels exist and also new players will be made aware of their existence. Being in a big alliance might help, too, if you want to fully set up a fair and fun match. The better players make this work, the more lonely the pug-q will become....but then who cares about a dead horse dying? Pug-matches with 2k against 4k aren´t fun for a sensible person so that´s why the horse is dead right now.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I cleaned the thread up a little. Let's keep the PvP in-game and off the forums, please.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It' s better insofar as you can set up the rules, team compositions etc. but on the downside more effort is necessary ...more than if you had a queue setting it all up in a generally acceptable way. But then...it has been mused that such a solution would be at odds with their strategy for creating revenue with this game. But in the end...while those strategies may define what they will and what they won't implement...players unfortunately don' t know what exactly those strategies are and what deviations from those strategies might be seen as viable.
    BUT players have already made clear (and devs understood :D) that they have to provide more than a new map. And they' ve also argued that very minor changes aren't likely going to be enough. So I hope they'll hit us with something more daring...lobby/bracketing, toned down toon for pvp like ayroux said, equalized mode etc. ...anything that might fundamentally improve the gaming experience. The lobby thing might be the easiest to implement (literally no effort) while still being a game changer for interested players.
    Post edited by superent666 on
  • docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I returned to the game about 3 or so weeks ago. Got to 70 quickly and took advantage of double refinement. Got my gear score to about 3k, though Had no glory to buy a starter pvp set (used what little I had left to buy a feeder for an artifact) I remember GG was a good place to start in earlier modules, but it doesn't pop.. Then I thought I could do DOM. Big mistake, obviously you all know why, but after I got vote kicked, they guy who kicked me was kind enough to explain... Stealth rings.. Legendary mount bonuses.. companions.. Mandatory boons..?

Could not get banners, Stronghold does not happen enough, and my old black ice gear could be upgraded, but still only seemed to give a level 60 quantity of tenacity? How are we even supposed to get our foot in the door with pvp? And this is coming from someone who already has a huge advantage over any new player. Even a basic (think heroic duelist) epic set is more or less impossibly long to obtain!

in module 2-3-4 I would have said sure! a new game mode is just what we need (CTF) but to me it looks like now you would only be retaining a shrinking group of players with a new game mode.

Apologies for /rant :)
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hi all!

I was watching and reading the thread for quite a while now and thought i may add my 2 cents again.

First of all i would like to make sure, this is my personal opinion as long time former guild leader and now since a year officer in a very nice and small guild. I don't want to fight nor argue with anyone, these are my observations from personal experience and from my guildies.

I am in a guild currently, which has real veterans from all branches over the world and i do think they are competent enough. When most of my new recruits enter the guild and as i said some are real ex-soldiers, first thing is they ask about the state of PVP. Interest is there, sad the game doesn't live up to it in it's current form! First i was masking the truth, didn't wanted to scare them away, but after a while they found out for themselves and some said, why didn't you tell me earlier, so now i tell the truth and let everybody decide, whether they can take it or not.

Heck most players only set foot in this mess to get their glory or farm shards. No fun in there, except for those, who love to slay PUGs 24/7 with broken stuff.

I like some of the ideas posted above, still if we forget all what needs to be done 5 things still remain for most of the player base to make PVP attracting again. All the nice ideas won't make any huge impact, if these are not handled together with a new mode and how it will be implemented.

1. The heavy money aspect must go. As many of you have suggested, let's have 2 queues, one for the average Joe, one for the whales or at least ease the grind and ZEN needed to be competitive. Most players don't have the necessary dollars or time to grind for years, just to be able to do a match.

2. This leads to brackets. We have discussed this, no need to waist words on it anymore, only thing i may add again is that boons should be limited, current system only favors the huge PVP guilds.

3. I don't want to corner out any class (have all of them, played nearly all of them in PVP, back when it was still fun, now i set foot in there only with one of them, from time to time), but 1 shots need to go, basta as they say, no arguing there.

4. I do understand that Dev resources are limited, but the following still needs to happen, rework Sabos.

I have never ever heard anybody complain more about anything in PVP, then getting 1 shot by an "invisible" TR. Now note i have a TR too, who is now my main actually, so i am not asking for any kind of nerf, keep this in mind please. I ask for a rework when it comes to Sabos. Many guys, much more cleverer than i am, like @kweassa have given the right recipe, how to do it.

Currently the Sabo breaks all the game fundamentals, it promotes skilless play, the toon can ignore nearly all essential stats, except tons of power and still 1 shoot people left and right, utter nonsense. Hand to the hart, who in their right mind can come and say he or she is a great PVPer, when he or she is invisible. Get the Klitschko brothers together with a dwarf, who is invisible, the dwarf will win.

I personally think, if it wasn't for the combination of god like survival and maximum damage, most people would feel ok with the perma TR, but they need to have some weak point to make fights fair.

5. A spectator system, like more games have it.

Sad to say, but there is all too much dirt in there, exploits, bug abuses, unfair sportsmanship, etc. We simply need other players or a GM to monitor the matches.

Thank you!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2016
    The Devs solution to complaints about and balance Tr was to give everybody Stealth/Ambush rings (and drains ) And to trivialize their Pve content by having stealth rings there as well so you can walk thru the whole dungeons invisible I really dont get it ...

What dungeon Master (cryptic ) Would run such a monty haul campaign
    To make His whole party invisible (with no cool down either ) let them go thru the whole dungeon skipping all encounters (programming work )he had planned and then just kill the Boss

This is not Good game design philosophy at all

@devs if you are not going to remove the ring of ambush at least put a cool down on it and not activate unless you are out of combat just like a mount ..... and if you attack you are visible and in combat

P.S hint There Should be no ring of vision or ambush allowed in pvp or drains you attempt to balance/ monitize the pvp game by deliberately creating player gaps and disparity and unfairness ..And releasing broken overpowered items for pvp then fixing them weeks or month later is not working so well its driving people away they are not opening their wallets to compete in this anymore : (

How are we supposed to get Class Balance (that devs said thier working on ) when you keep creating items that will throw a monkey wrench into your objective or "perceived balance" this entire design philosophy is in shambles
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    @matthiasthehun76 TR SE is very easy to avoid - just listen

Semper Fi

@matthiasthehun76 TR SE is very easy to avoid - just listen

Semper Fi

???

The problem is not about SE by itself, it's about balance. Please do go and read about the subject. Look, all decent Sabo TR players acknowledge the fact, that a Sabo only dies, if he or she wants to.

Only thing why i chose the Sabo as a worst case example, because it's full invisibilty+ insane deflect+insane power and the luxury to neglect all other stats make it a God, which is nonsense in any "competitive" PVP environment, no matter how one twists it. No other class has this huge advantage and no disadvantages. Even the God like Pallys or DCs have a weak spot, even if they are very very hard to crack, but none the less they should be addressed too, along with many other sad cases, like the poor SWs. Try to tell a SW player to avoid a Sabo, good luck on that.

P.S: If you like to say something about my guild at least take the time to write it's name properly, it's called Semper Fidelis. Yes my guild stands on the ground of exploit free gaming, we know we have many, who don't like us because of that, but that's how things are.

I do still hope this thread will lead to something constructive at the end for the benefit of the greater good! This is the first time, we and a Dev have the opportunity to exchange our thoughts on the subject freely, so i am supporting all changes, which can bring life back to PVP, even if it means some classes/players have to adjust and come down to earth.

Good luck!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2016
    I stand corrected - EZ for all classes that can Dodge :)

@matthiasthehun76

Semper Fi was no slander towards your guild - I did not even know you were in that guild. Semper Fi is short for "Semper Fidelis" often said by a US Marine to another service member or veteran; which I assumed you were from your post. In other words - I was trying to help a brother out.

Chip on Shoulder?

Semper Fi

I stand corrected - EZ for all classes that can Dodge :)

@matthiasthehun76

Semper Fi was no slander towards your guild - I did not even know you were in that guild. Semper Fi is short for "Semper Fidelis" often said by a US Marine to another service member or veteran; which I assumed you were from your post. In other words - I was trying to help a brother out.

Chip on Shoulder?

Semper Fi

Ok, cool! Yes very old and fine motto that is. B)
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

metalldjt said:

why are you guys makin it more complicated and we will end up having another **** que for ages, i already said what are the best choices so please bump this idea.

1. -There should be a que for solo and duo que , incase you want to take a friend with you. 2. -There needs to be a que for 5vs5 , where a group of 5 players will que and face a random group of 5 players. * AND in the same que there needs to be a LOBBY in which you get a total of 10 players in it = 2 groups and que for a insta pop , this will also aleviate the waiting in que that we have to wait normally, this will also open up ways of promoting fair play, if we get this que we can organize even tournaments, it also helps every guild out there even players that are groups made of 2.000 item level and want to que against another group of 2.000 item level they can use the LOBBY system.

should look like this

+1
    I won't be cynical although it may sound so, but before we see any new addition, please fix that *insert cursing word* queue. I keep getting put into matches, which are nearly ended. I mean what the heck.

My last word about Sabos, but c'mon this is a bad joke, while other classes have to spend on stats, you see things like this (look at that arm pen, meh). Should this be PVP or a kindergarten dear Devs? Fix Sabos please, cause this is the utter most case of skilless play.

Thank you and sorry for my small rant, but i hope you understand! Have a nice day!

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

metalldjt said:

should look like this

+1

P.S: Sorry Lancer, nearly forgot, you got my humble support too.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    There was a poll done before the forum changes that had a variety of suggestions - change lost poll portion.
    (Previous poll/thread here: PvP maps)

New Poll here: Poll: PvP Maps/Modes

Options: My "+1" votes are above.
    edited June 2016
    eldarth said:

There was a poll done before the forum changes that had a variety of suggestions - change lost poll portion.
    (Previous poll/thread here: PvP maps)

New Poll here: Poll: PvP Maps/Modes

Options:

My "+1" votes are above.
    You have not read this thread at all yet have you ? All of this is already mentioned here sir pros cons etc ..and you are late to the party

I object to your poll sir and have commented there already

why are vote the results private ? omg
This discussion has been closed.