test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic needs to address the changes in the RP market

urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
Great, they stopped the bots and now we're stuck with stacks of r5s at 35k+, lesser thaum/union/stability/power at 100k+ etc.

I don't get why there isn't a bigger stink. Basically we're letting Cryptic get away with the equivalent of removing AD from leadership and do nothing about it.
I8r4ux9.jpg

Comments

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    urabask said:

Great, they stopped the bots and now we're stuck with stacks of r5s at 35k+, lesser thaum/union/stability/power at 100k+ etc.

I don't get why there isn't a bigger stink. Basically we're letting Cryptic get away with the equivalent of removing AD from leadership and do nothing about it.

+1 to this.Either they have to up the current r4-r5 drop by 3 times not some 0.5% or 1% or they have to start giving BtA blue/purple union/stability/power/thauma stones from daily quests,heroic encounters and dungeon runs(If they want to reward "playing").

I am done with my artifacts on my main but there is still 15 or so rank10 enchantments and bonding stones to refine
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Who is left? I think most of us are just tired of it.. they won. This is what we get in this game..

All they really want is for the rest of us to throw up our hands and quit and move along, this game is not designed for anyone longer then 6 months in game.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Who is left? I think most of us are just tired of it.. they won. This is what we get in this game..

All they really want is for the rest of us to throw up our hands and quit and move along, this game is not designed for anyone longer then 6 months in game.

Tbh I blame the nerf brigade more than Cryptic.

First it was leadership, elol set, now it's botted RP and next it'll be bonding runestones. They won't be happy until they're taking five years to get a toon to 3k and then that toon takes an hour to do elol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    r12 enchants cost almost same as before leadership nerf and everyone is making a lot less ad now. Zax is almost 500/1 ratio again. Well we have now tried this game almost a year without AD from leadership and honestly things are worse now.
    Decent rewards from gameplay or leadership ad back imo.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    It is the same as with LS. Stronghold boons etc were designed with LS AD rewards in mind. More then half a year later they compensated somehow, after many players gave up and stopped playing.

Artifact and enchant refinement were designed with 'cheap' R4s in the calculation. Now they deleted it and we will have a moderate reaction after careful deliberation in 1/2 - 1 year.

The only reason the prices for R12s etc did not skyrocket is, that they get sold by ppl who stop playing and not with the in game costs in mind. Just think about t. weapon enchants. To build one from scratch you would need 17 coal wards, GMOPs, SMOPs and refinement points for way more then 10 million ADs, but you can get them for 3-7 million ADs.

If you are a long time player with BIS gear, good for you. If you are new to the game, good luck pushing you IL above 2.5.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

r12 enchants cost almost same as before leadership nerf and EVERYONE is making a lot less ad now. Zax is almost 500/1 ratio again. Well we have now tried this game almost a year without AD from leadership and honestly things are worse now.

Not sure about the rest of the players, but as far as I am concerned, I make by far MUCH MORE ADs after it was taken from leadership and placed into real playable content. Without doing all the dailies everyday even, I have a backlog of 500k+ RADs which is pretty constant for a couple of months yet. Sure, this won't beat a leadership army of 100+ toons who are botting the system for ADs... *rolleyes*
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    just ignore those overpriced R5s and they will lower the price when they get desperately need diamonds for trading and selling.
    these outgrown r1-r6 are not that needed and will soon to be flooded auction house senselessly. there going to be a major "undercutting war" very soon.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

r12 enchants cost almost same as before leadership nerf and EVERYONE is making a lot less ad now. Zax is almost 500/1 ratio again. Well we have now tried this game almost a year without AD from leadership and honestly things are worse now.

Not sure about the rest of the players, but as far as I am concerned, I make by far MUCH MORE ADs after it was taken from leadership and placed into real playable content. Without doing all the dailies everyday even, I have a backlog of 500k+ RADs which is pretty constant for a couple of months yet. Sure, this won't beat a leadership army of 100+ toons who are botting the system for ADs... *rolleyes*
    Your backlog has no significance for the AD you earn. I had 2 KK backlog on my main for years. With one char and 35k AD to refine, you are maxed at 245k AD a week. With 10 alts and LS maxed your cap was 1.9 kk AD a week and you had a base influx of ca 750 k - 1 kk AD from LS.

Running LS on many chars was neither botting nor exploiting, LS itself was a stupid move by cryptic and blaming the players for the flaws in their game design is lame.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited May 2016
    asterotg said:

It is the same as with LS. Stronghold boons etc were designed with LS AD rewards in mind. More then half a year later they compensated somehow, after many players gave up and stopped playing.

Artifact and enchant refinement were designed with 'cheap' R4s in the calculation. Now they deleted it and we will have a moderate reaction after careful deliberation in 1/2 - 1 year.

The only reason the prices for R12s etc did not skyrocket is, that they get sold by ppl who stop playing and not with the in game costs in mind. Just think about t. weapon enchants. To build one from scratch you would need 17 coal wards, GMOPs, SMOPs and refinement points for way more then 10 million ADs, but you can get them for 3-7 million ADs.

If you are a long time player with BIS gear, good for you. If you are new to the game, good luck pushing you IL above 2.5.

You do not need 17 coal wards for a T. enchantment. You need 8 lesser enchants, 9 coal wards, 10 gmops and 10 smops.

Lesser enchants sell for ~120-175k (vorpal, dread, feytouched), so lets be generous and say ~175k a piece. That's 1.4m. Then 3.6m for the coal wards, 200k for the gmops, 750k for the smops. Then you're looking at ~2.3m RP ~947 lesser thaum stones or 4384 r5s. Thaums would be a bit cheaper so ~ 1m for RP.

So ~6.95m AD (could add in the price of greater marks of union/power/stability would push it closer to 7m).

R12 prices haven't been adjusted because people are competing to sell them. Just the price of RP should bump them up 500k to 1m.
    wylonus said:

just ignore those overpriced R5s and they will lower the price when they get desperately need diamonds for trading and selling.
    these outgrown r1-r6 are not that needed and will soon to be flooded auction house senselessly. there going to be a major "undercutting war" very soon.

The supply of all the botted stacks will dry up and then prices will rise again. There just isn't enough supply to force prices down. This is the problem that Xbox has been facing for ages and it's hard to believe the result will be significantly different.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Dont forget we need tons of gems for SH.
    200_s.gif
    oh no.. you can use your profession slots to make less refinement and more gems for the coffer (woot!) =P .

Simply put I think they dont think of all the ramifications, I really dont. Its like the unified elements shooting up.. woops, we forget we made everyone need those.. we will get back to you ... umm soon (crickets)

They dont play the game every day really, nor do I think most of them know whats actual possible in game, until we show them.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

r12 enchants cost almost same as before leadership nerf and everyone is making a lot less ad now. Zax is almost 500/1 ratio again. Well we have now tried this game almost a year without AD from leadership and honestly things are worse now.

Since the leadership nerf there have been a number of other changes made that effect the price of r12s. Most notably gmops and smops are much reduced in price (which was done in response to the leadership nerf). So that is why the average price is the same still.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I am missing something.
    Before leadership AD nerf, people got AD from leadership to buy RP (probably sold by bots).
    After leadership AD nerf, people got RP from leadership.
    IMO, the real big change is c-ward.
    Personally, it did not get worse for me because although I do not get much AD, I also don't spend much.
    Before leadership AD nerf, I could only support one playable character.
    Now, I can support 3 .. and thinking about the 4th.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Typical Cryptic development workflow.
    1. "We've accepted that X is a problem. It's driving away our players and hurting profit margins. We're working on a solution."
    2. Wait a few months not doing anything about it.
    3. Spend all of 5 minutes nerfing it. aka "Oh snap, I forgot I was even enrolled in this class and today's the final!" syndrome.
    4. 10 seconds later, watch as the playerbase is in arms about how ill-conceived, ham-fisted, unintelligent, and harmful the changes are.
    5. Watch as some of them leave.
    6. Silence.
    7. Let players complain about the issues that have been created for several months.
    8. Goto Step 1.
    9. Acquire more players and money!
    It's flawless, really.

That said, the leadership nerf was a good thing. There's a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE difference between "the ZAX is close to 500" and "the ZAX is at 500". It was still ham-fisted and unintelligent, though. Like so many other nerfs--the skill node nerf of most recent memory--they went with the easiest, most brain-dead solution and basically just commented out a part of the code with absolutely ZERO recognition of or attention to the consequences, the balance, or the gameplay. We've got an entire profession most of whose tasks are completely useless, and not because power creep has rendered them that way (like most other professions) but because Cryptic just cuts entire limbs off of patients and calls it a cure for the common cold! These fixes seriously took all of 5 minutes of actual work, and while the AD nerf to leadership had a great side effect, nobody wins any accolades other than Slacker of the Century for that.
    edited May 2016

I am missing something.
    Before leadership AD nerf, people got AD from leadership to buy RP (probably sold by bots).
    Personally, it did not get worse for me because although I do not get much AD, I also don't spend much.

Oh please, basically the only way to support 3+ characters with out getting a lot of AD is by having a leadership army to pump out all your RP. Even then you'd need a lot of AD for the RP given the amount needed.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I think it's all about how long you have to play to be able to purchase r12. Now if you refine max 36k/day it takes about 2 months per r12. But realistically guild coffer donations etc. makes it even worse.
    I don't have army of alt's, but before LS nerf it took less time to be able to purchase r12 (sure there wasn't coffer then)
    So maybe in 7 years normal player can achieve BIS status, but as we know gear changes so quickly that BIS status is beyond reach without serious money investment.
    What they could do to make things better and get some money for the company: Increase VIP ranks, more drops, better drops etc... Everyone happy?
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    urabask said:

In drider server we always had that prices... and still alive... welcome to reality...
    how is that possible, I thought the other server had more ummmm remote controller players then this one did.
    edited May 2016
    urabask said:

I am missing something.

Oh please, basically the only way to support 3+ characters with out getting a lot of AD is by having a leadership army to pump out all your RP. Even then you'd need a lot of AD for the RP given the amount needed.
    I am confused. Before the Leadership AD nerf, you needed an army. After the leadreship nerf, you have that same army. What is the difference?
    Before the AD nerf, my army could support 1 character.
    After the nerf, my army can support 3 characters.
    I do need AD for GMOP, SMOP.

I have 12 characters in my "army" but only 8 can make RP. The other 4 are mainly for storage purpose.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

urabask said:

I am missing something.

I am confused. Before the Leadership AD nerf, you needed an army. After the leadreship nerf, you have that same army. What is the difference?

I have 12 characters in my "army" but only 8 can make RP.
    Because even if you have an army you need to supplement the RP it makes to actually get anywhere.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

urabask said:

I am missing something.

Because even if you have an army you need to supplement the RP it makes to actually get anywhere.
    Yes, but the price of GMOP and SMOP is a lot cheaper than before leadership AD nerf. This made it easier than before the leadership AD nerf and not worse. If you are talking about buying RP, no, I have not bought any RP since 3 to 4 2xRP event ago.
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User

how is that possible, I thought the other server had more ummmm remote controller players then this one did.

We really do not have bots.
    Maybe some rare person use astral... but no...we do not have.

Sometimes we have people with simple clicker script..but no bot. And amount of this players is not so big like on Dragon.
    We never used skillnodes.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    While I also agree that the RP costs need to be evaluated, I feel like I have to say this:

This game is free-2-play, not free-2-win. Quicker advancement means spending more time or more Zen. Simple as that.
    I aim to misbehave
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2016

this can easily be solved by crafting perfect gems and caches with leadership.
    for example my guild is requiring 40 purple caches by everyone every week.
    it costs me nothing but loggin in for a couple of minutes every day with an initial cost of 100k for purple quality tools.
    rayrdan said:

this can easily be solved by crafting perfect gems and caches with leadership.
    for example my guild is requiring 40 purple caches by everyone every week.
    it costs me nothing but loggin in for a couple of minutes every day with an initial cost of 100k for purple quality tools.
    You mean jewelcrafting instead of leadership (which makes labor and AD crate).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

American wallets are so much fatter than Russian ones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2016
    silence1x said:

While I also agree that the RP costs need to be evaluated, I feel like I have to say this:

This game is free-2-play, not free-2-win. Quicker advancement means spending more time or more Zen. Simple as that.

Well sure, but how much time is reasonable? The numbers they have now were clearly set with botted RP and leadership AD in the game.

We really do not have bots.
    Maybe some rare person use astral... but no...we do not have.

Sometimes we have people with simple clicker script..but no bot. And amount of this players is not so big like on Dragon.
    We never used skillnodes.
    What so goldsellers just completely ignored the Russian servers? I find that pretty unlikely.

urabask said:

urabask said:

I am missing something.

Yes, but the price of GMOP and SMOP is a lot cheaper than before leadership AD nerf. This made it easier than before the leadership AD nerf and not worse. If you are talking about buying RP, no, I have not bought any RP since 3 to 4 2xRP event ago.
    There were no SMoPs before the leadership nerf. Stacks of rank 5s were also 1/4 of what they are now : \

That's kind of crazy when you consider how the market was drowning in AD.
    I8r4ux9.jpg