What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic needs to address the changes in the RP market

12346»

Comments

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

or learn mathematics,

it's easy to refine to mythic artifacts, if you use feeders well especially that so far the price of potential feeder artifacts hasn't gone too high in price.

But it did go up in price.
    Check the power artifacts.

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Used them and got to union artifacts to mythic already...before soaring prices for r5 (gave up on power artifacts though)...now it´s a pain in the behind even with feeder artifacts. Not even looking forward really to next double rp.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Don't be in a hurry. Use what you get when you get it or store it until 2x RP rolls around.

The majority of issues with AD/RP/whatever all stems from "gotta have it NOW" syndrome.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    I also have to agree with urabask insofar that I also don´t quite get this "be patient", "endure", "find funny other ways"-attitude. It´s a game, it´s supposed to be fun. And in life in general I think it´s much healthier to be outspoken about what you don´t like, give rational arguments and then demand change instead of putting up with whatever nonsense comes your way ;)
    I mean, is there anybody here that actually thinks it´s hilarious refinement/character progression gets harder while at the same time there´s a lack of a reason for it (more challenging dungeons, nice, working PVP arena)...?? No? Well then stop justifying and ask for things to change...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Prices are high but in case you would go for
    1. dragonhoards
    2. giant spider/ insignia bonus
    3. those utility enchants that drop enchants
    You will get your AD 100 times back in the long run

Stop wasting AD in case you do not have those
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I also have to agree with urabask insofar that I also don´t quite get this "be patient", "endure", "find funny other ways"-attitude. It´s a game, it´s supposed to be fun. And in life in general I think it´s much healthier to be outspoken about what you don´t like, give rational arguments and then demand change instead of putting up with whatever nonsense comes your way ;)
    I mean, is there anybody here that actually thinks it´s hilarious refinement/character progression gets harder while at the same time there´s a lack of a reason for it (more challenging dungeons, nice, working PVP arena)...?? No? Well then stop justifying and ask for things to change...

There is already an answer for you: zen market with lots of blood rubies just waiting for you to feed them to your gear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Prices are high but in case you would go for

1. dragonhoards

2. giant spider/ insignia bonus

3. those utility enchants that drop enchants

You will get your AD 100 times back in the long run

Stop wasting AD in case you do not have those

I've got quartermaster enchants and they are by far the best investment out of all that. That doesn't stop it from costing ~1.5 million AD to make four rank 9s and a rank 10 (not counting the cost of RP, so really more like 2-2.4 million (I made mine before 2x RP because they drop so much that it's a good investment).

Dragonhoards are only any good for artifact equipment, feyblessing enchants are garbage.

Out of all the available options quartmaster enchants are the only option that come close to meeting the RP needs a player has and they require a pretty significant investment up front.
    greywynd said:

Don't be in a hurry. Use what you get when you get it or store it until 2x RP rolls around.

The majority of issues with AD/RP/whatever all stems from "gotta have it NOW" syndrome.

Pffff. Everyone hoards til 2x RP. There is still a problem.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    urabask said:

Out of all the available options quartmaster enchants are the only option that come close to meeting the RP needs a player has and they require a pretty significant investment up front.

What about wanderers fortune?
    edited May 2016
    blinxon said:

urabask said:

Wouldn't know I don't have it. Just to put things into perspective though wanderer's fortune would have to be making a stack of rank 6 enchants, a few rank 7s, and 5-10 peridots/minor resonance stones every day to be as good. And that's before you apply 2x enchants.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    blinxon said:

I'm seeing a very noticeable increase in drops with wanderer's fortune. I think its better than the two R9 dragon hoard and R8 Fey Blessings I already have on.
    Post edited by namelesshero347 on
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    blinxon said:

urabask said:

It usually drops refinement stones with addition of peridots , aqumarines and sometimes a sapphires. I guess it depends on what class you are playing as well , if you are doing damage or not? I have it on my gilded giant spider.A chance to have a refinement stone drop at your feet on killing an enemy, I am not sure if it really is 4%. And sometimes it would pop up for me, but i would not gain anything.
    Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User

To me the overwhelming bigger issue, is why bother grinding your tail off, you get to the point that you realize how terrible the content they have given us is and the future looks really bleak, realistically , we may get 1 more new "something" in the next 6 months.

Its time for a drastic change in terms of slate of content .. a whole new slate, get rid of the past everything imo and start fresh. Raise level cap another ten levels and do it right this time.

I cant remember another mmo I played that just basically used all of its old content in the way neverwinter has.

This person MUST be on mind altering chemicals.

I have NEVER played an MMO that DOES NOT, as this insane individual puts it, "use old content".

NOT ONCE. CoH, SWTOR, CO, STO, Star Conflict, League of Legends, the list goes on. And on and ON.

Sure, in some cases there IS an "upgrade", but to the best of my recollection "old content" is the building blocks that lead you further in the world, Story line, what have you.

So dude, It must be nice to be a cheater or have spent about $800 to get your maxed out toon to the HAMSTER level that it is. However, some of us are casual players and SOME of us refuse to open our wallets, mainly because IMHO we're tired of NW devs taking away all sources of building up your toons BESIDES the cash option.

Which means that like me, that it's likely that the highest toon that these people are running is about 3000 GS/IS or so. Me, my best toon is at 2900. I can just BARELY survive in epic dungeons.... CW here. OH. And for the record... I have been playing SINCE LAUNCH. Sadly for me, didn't get my "leadership army" spun up until about six months before the devs pulled the plug. Over a year's work to get to that point.... "poof".

Anyway. The hell w/ new content. I would very much like to see ALL the bugs gone. I would like to see a tier system implemented into PvP. New PvP maps would be nice. Gauntlgyrm working would be nice. I'm not up on dungeons, because for the most part I DON'T PLAY THEM. All that dying at epic, don't ya know. So maybe an epic level and a mythic level dungeon set for the over 3500 crowd?

And I would REALLY like LEADERSHIP AD'S REINSTATED. If for no other reason than well, hell, the market is back to 500 AD per Zen, today there aren't even any Zen to buy, so here we are back at insane levels of AD to Zen and Me w/ ONE QUARTER of the AD's earned on an average day.

NOT ACCEPTABLE. QUIT PUNISHING HONEST PLAYERS. Use your common sense, your alleged intellect, and figure out how to stop the botters. The Zen exchange tells me that they are still with us, and alive and well. Figure it out. It IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I like it that things take a long time because it means there's always something to do. What I don't like is much of that something consists of manually dragging and dropping millions of RP into a little slot. That's the drudgework of a job you hate, not a game you like. I don't care what RP costs or how much it takes, I just don't want to drag and drop a few million freaking times.

To me the overwhelming bigger issue, is why bother grinding your tail off, you get to the point that you realize how terrible the content they have given us is and the future looks really bleak, realistically , we may get 1 more new "something" in the next 6 months.

Its time for a drastic change in terms of slate of content .. a whole new slate, get rid of the past everything imo and start fresh. Raise level cap another ten levels and do it right this time.

I cant remember another mmo I played that just basically used all of its old content in the way neverwinter has.

This person MUST be on mind altering chemicals.

I have NEVER played an MMO that DOES NOT, as this insane individual puts it, "use old content".

NOT ONCE. CoH, SWTOR, CO, STO, Star Conflict, League of Legends, the list goes on. And on and ON.

Sure, in some cases there IS an "upgrade", but to the best of my recollection "old content" is the building blocks that lead you further in the world, Story line, what have you.

So dude, It must be nice to be a cheater or have spent about $800 to get your maxed out toon to the HAMSTER level that it is. However, some of us are casual players and SOME of us refuse to open our wallets, mainly because IMHO we're tired of NW devs taking away all sources of building up your toons BESIDES the cash option.

Which means that like me, that it's likely that the highest toon that these people are running is about 3000 GS/IS or so. Me, my best toon is at 2900. I can just BARELY survive in epic dungeons.... CW here. OH. And for the record... I have been playing SINCE LAUNCH. Sadly for me, didn't get my "leadership army" spun up until about six months before the devs pulled the plug. Over a year's work to get to that point.... "poof".

Anyway. The hell w/ new content. I would very much like to see ALL the bugs gone. I would like to see a tier system implemented into PvP. New PvP maps would be nice. Gauntlgyrm working would be nice. I'm not up on dungeons, because for the most part I DON'T PLAY THEM. All that dying at epic, don't ya know. So maybe an epic level and a mythic level dungeon set for the over 3500 crowd?

And I would REALLY like LEADERSHIP AD'S REINSTATED. If for no other reason than well, hell, the market is back to 500 AD per Zen, today there aren't even any Zen to buy, so here we are back at insane levels of AD to Zen and Me w/ ONE QUARTER of the AD's earned on an average day.

NOT ACCEPTABLE. QUIT PUNISHING HONEST PLAYERS. Use your common sense, your alleged intellect, and figure out how to stop the botters. The Zen exchange tells me that they are still with us, and alive and well. Figure it out. It IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
    The zax is at 500 because there's too little zen entering it relative to the demand caused by a 50% zen market sale. If they reinstated leadership AD the backlog would explode and it would never drop below 500.

As to old content you're understated the degree to which old content is recycled. Every mod since mod 6 has us do the same circlejerk where we go back to a zone to beat up a few mobs or do an HE. Then we get one dungeon/skirmish no one wants to run befause they're better off just running elol+esot.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Quartermasters don´t make up for the loss of botting action on r5´s apparently. So they are not a substitute in any shape or form as far as I can see yet. It has been said a million times before - the botting actually brought the costs of refining artifacts to a bearable level. They absolutely should reward -playing- the game sufficiently (especially group content like dungeons) to adjust the costs or just cut required rp to a quarter of what it is now. A decently intelligent and sentient being cannot be expected to behave like a freaking bot and/or be happy and content about it and even spend money on the game. And while I am perfectly willing to contribute to the games existence by spending money I am now back to begrudging them even the freakin´ 10€/month for VIP.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    And quartermasters only help dps characters, support characters don't get many kills which are needed for quartermaster drops.

urabask said:

Great, they stopped the bots and now we're stuck with stacks of r5s at 35k+, lesser thaum/union/stability/power at 100k+ etc.

I don't get why there isn't a bigger stink. Basically we're letting Cryptic get away with the equivalent of removing AD from leadership and do nothing about it.

the removal of ad was to stop the hundreds of moron ad farmers , as for the bots they havent stopped them, they have only hurt the game as per usual, just like the ad farmer were doing, no difference between the bots an the ad farmers. They just need to make rewards in the high end dungeons far better, cut back the cost to refine items, or use what was suggested to xp level your items, as that promotes playing the game to increase ur gear. Personally i think they need to limit the amount of players one account can have to 10, there should be a one time charge to make an account, say 25 bucks, which would cut into these jerk off botters. Lots blame which ever for high prices, but the ad farmers were just as responsible for the high prices as any other reason in this game and i am glad it was stopped. Rewards in this game suck period an far to random as has been spoke about a billion times, people going CN how many times with no result is nothing but a joke and the fact that this games makers are not responding to the facts is also a joke, yet every day people blowing money on this game or it wouldnt exist.
    Botters just use a bajillion two character accounts so character limits would primarily affect actual players.

My comment about AD was in reference to the fact that with such a major change to AD generation cryptic adjusted gmop prices and implented the tradebar store rework. The removal of botted RP should've been accompanied by a similar adjustment but it was not.
    I8r4ux9.jpg