Install Arc
Options

Cryptic needs to address the changes in the RP market

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

Don't buy them and the price will come down

I only buy a few and I don't mind paying the price... the price is set by the market

The price is set by the market based on the supply that Cryptic allows to be created by their game mechanics. It's disingenuous to imply that the market is the driving force behind current prices when we all know the the market is responding to the drop in supply. That's something Cryptic controls so the market isn't going to be responsible for any drastic decreases in price. Any changes are going to happen because Cryptic decides things need to change.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Who is left? I think most of us are just tired of it.. they won. This is what we get in this game..

All they really want is for the rest of us to throw up our hands and quit and move along, this game is not designed for anyone longer then 6 months in game.

This is my sentiment exactly. Sad but true.
    Just when I think, they won't dare nerf another GD thing. They nerf it..
    Later on, I'm like, they won't even consider nerfing that. They nerf it...
    And finally I'm like, there would be too much outcry if they nerf that. They nerf it....
    At this point, it seems pretty clear to me, across the board, they don't give a /[]\';.

It's the churn. Whoever gave that word to describe how Cryptic deals with it's player-base, it fits well.
    6 months. You bought something? Good boy, now finish up your soup and get out. We need room for the next batch of suckers.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    urabask said:

And this is why we can't have nice things. When cryptic decides to ask the playerbase to bend over some of these people just ask "how far"?

No one plays 24 hours a day. The average time played for most players is probably around 2 hours a day. So you're basically expecting people to grind nothing but leveling dungeons for ~240 days to get enough RP to bring one artifact to mythic.

In the end this is a game, so you are left with three choices: take what is given for free to you and progess slowly, dig a little in your wallet and progress fast(er) or if both options are not yours, leave and play a different game. Getting all for free and progressing fast is nothing that Cryptic will offer, I guess. So for each option you are free to complain but blaming people who chose one of the options and are contend with it, is a bit too much for my taste.
  • Options

urabask said:

And this is why we can't have nice things. When cryptic decides to ask the playerbase to bend over some of these people just ask "how far"?

No one plays 24 hours a day. The average time played for most players is probably around 2 hours a day. So you're basically expecting people to grind nothing but leveling dungeons for ~240 days to get enough RP to bring one artifact to mythic.

In the end this is a game, so you are left with three choices: take what is given for free to you and progess slowly, dig a little in your wallet and progress fast(er) or if both options are not yours, leave and play a different game. Getting all for free and progressing fast is nothing that Cryptic will offer, I guess. So for each option you are free to complain but blaming people who chose one of the options and are contend with it, is a bit too much for my taste.
    No that's really not how things work when something is clearly broken. You complain to the developers and they fix things.

You don't understand the degree to which progress for players has slowed because you don't care about it. Great, you're a special cupcake, but that doesn't mean that the RP market isn't broken. It just means that you're a clueless HAMSTER and you'd just as well play this game as watch grass grow or paint dry. Cryptic already has people like you hooked, what they need to worry about are the people that feel that they're progressing too slowly because it's becoming clear that month after month Cryptic's poor decisions on progression and balance are causing players to quit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    null
    You can reach 3k il in less then a month, easy. You don't need everything ranked up to do that. If you have a problem with that, you are either wasting your time or your money on junk. Besides being bis is something that should be hard to achieve. It would be a pretty platt game if everyone had all the best seconds after it was all released.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    voidgift said:

null

You can reach 3k il in less then a month, easy. You don't need everything ranked up to do that. If you have a problem with that, you are either wasting your time or your money on junk. Besides being bis is something that should be hard to achieve. It would be a pretty platt game if everyone had all the best seconds after it was all released.

No you can't. Not unless you're twinking alts while grinding salvage on 4+ characters in addition to a leadership army. Even if you're doing that it's more like 3-6 months because you have to wait for 2x rp. But even that is significantly slower now because of rp prices.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    voidgift said:

null

I find this amusing. HOW are they getting their preserve and coal wards needed for all these upgrades...?
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    Forget about wards. If you pray 6 times day on 2 toons you gonna be able to open 10 celestial boxes in a month. You'll have a fair chance of opening a coal. But you don't need perfect or trance to get 3k il.

Make dungeon groups in LFG and get T1 and then T2 gear. Grind the campaigns and sell any RP and other stuff you get. Do some POM and get a +4 ring or two. Put rank 7-8 in all slots and reinforce your gear. You get free artifat weapon set and two artifacts from quests. Buy cheap artifact neck and belt and two other cheap artifacts. Rank them all up to blue. You should be there.

You can do that in a month, but of course you gotta play hard.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    One month for 3K? I don't know about that. My last alt is a DC and I don't think I hit 3K until after I got the drowcraft armor set, twisted weapons, and two mythics. That took about three months with support from three alts. Now with four mythics and mostly R10s, still under 3.2K. Now that the bots got taken out to the woodshed, sadly this will be my last alt.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    You could still use the old artifact feeder method to upgrade your artifacts. I doubt the expense is that out of reach for stability and union artifacts due to cheap price on AH. The power artifact is used to be cheap to upgrade when pvp is good, sigh. But now, it is indeed much more expensive for non-pvpers

For people want to get echants 10+, well, higher item level comes with more AD/enchants grinding.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options

One month for 3K? I don't know about that. My last alt is a DC and I don't think I hit 3K until after I got the drowcraft armor set, twisted weapons, and two mythics. That took about three months with support from three alts. Now with four mythics and mostly R10s, still under 3.2K. Now that the bots got taken out to the woodshed, sadly this will be my last alt.

Well he's saying you should inflate your ilvl with reinforcement kits : \

That's 312 ilvl but it only gives 400 crit and 200 AP gain.

You could still use the old artifact feeder method to upgrade your artifacts. I doubt the expense is that out of reach for stability and union artifacts due to cheap price on AH. The power artifact is used to be cheap to upgrade when pvp is good, sigh. But now, it is indeed much more expensive for non-pvpers

For people want to get echants 10+, well, higher item level comes with more AD/enchants grinding.

The argument here is that the grind has been increased too much ...

What's the point in saying there's a grind if we all know it?

Also: http://steamcharts.com/app/109600

I'd argue that we're at the point where it's becoming a problem. Steamcharts just hit sub 2k.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    voidgift said:

Forget about wards. If you pray 6 times day on 2 toons you gonna be able to open 10 celestial boxes in a month. You'll have a fair chance of opening a coal. But you don't need perfect or trance to get 3k il.

Make dungeon groups in LFG and get T1 and then T2 gear. Grind the campaigns and sell any RP and other stuff you get. Do some POM and get a +4 ring or two. Put rank 7-8 in all slots and reinforce your gear. You get free artifat weapon set and two artifacts from quests. Buy cheap artifact neck and belt and two other cheap artifacts. Rank them all up to blue. You should be there.

You can do that in a month, but of course you gotta play hard.

I have rank8s(I am not sure what level are my utility slots,either 7 or 8),perfect vorpal,drowcraft or dragonflight gear,one +4 one +5 ring,4 orange arti,all my artifact gear is purple on my alt yet it is still 2.8k.

I think you need those 4 enchantment slots when you get your artifact gear to orange
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    double post

• Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    asterotg said:

Artifact and enchant refinement were designed with 'cheap' R4s in the calculation.

I think you give Cryptic way too much credit here. I highly doubt they ever ran calculations regarding investment and cost. Much more likely: They just threw numbers on there and called it a day.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

asterotg said:

Artifact and enchant refinement were designed with 'cheap' R4s in the calculation.

I think you give Cryptic way too much credit here. I highly doubt they ever ran calculations regarding investment and cost. Much more likely: They just threw numbers on there and called it a day.
    Actually they admitted that the AD sinks like gmops etc were added because of leadership armies so it really isn't a stretch to assume botted RP was something they took in account when setting RP requirements.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    the R5 prices really hurts especially when ur not sitting with millions..
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    urabask said:

Actually they admitted that the AD sinks like gmops etc were added because of leadership armies so it really isn't a stretch to assume botted RP was something they took in account when setting RP requirements.

And even then I doubt they ever ran numbers rather than just throwing them on top in a panicked attempt to stem the tide. Leadership armies weren't just a boter thing. Nearly everyone ran them as they were the best and most reliable source of ad income. They took ad out of leadership, but they left gmops in the game. Even worse: they added smops. Yeah, they cut the prices, but they also cut the income.

That was all fine and dandy until their next desperate attempt to stop the botters. Now we are at proces many times higher than before with no increased income. With every fix they just make it worse and worse, because they never test anything! They just change something and then throw it in the wild. And if yóu are about to say "but the test server...", let me stop you right there. The test realm is a marketing ploy to build up hype and test reactions and nothign else. They never, ever listened to any feedback there let, alone set tasks for focus testing. They have zero QA and it shows.

At some point there most likely was a systems designer working on NWO that actually knew what he was doing, but that time is long gone and the curent development team apparently doesn't understand their own game, let alone its numbers. They are unable to accurately pinpoint the problems of the game and blindly change things loosely based on gut feeling on the one hand and caving to forum preassure on the other.

All they do now, is rehash old content or content from other IPs of their company (like STO). No new ideas or input. It's mostly just rehashed art assets and reused mechanics.

• Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@urabask

Cryptic has actually talked a great game in the last few months. The crazy thing is they are showing signs of delivering on several fronts.

A DEV ACTUALLY POSTED ON THE PvP FORUM AND ASKED THE COMMUNITY FOR INPUT.

Even if you don't like PVP, that should be considered a minor miracle of progress.

So let's take a chill pill and see what else happens this year.

asking for input and acting on that input are two totally different things. they have asked again in the past. just saying.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    morenthar said:

You need to get a grip on reality. I've been playing this game since release and I still don't have a maxed character. My main is 3.6 IL.

Look, I don't think you understand the problem here. This isn't about maxing a character; it's about the fact that making your character effective has become a lot harder, and the game is dying already so it really didn't need this to happen.
    morenthar said:

The reality is that a stack of rank 5 enchantments shouldn't be that cheap. I know you feel cheated, but would you rather have bots setting a market or a normal supply and demand based on real game play?

We've got 2x enchants running and prices have barely budged. The problem was never that supply wasn't based on real gameplay, it's always been the case that supply from real gameplay is too low and bots (over) corrected that for Cryptic. Now that they've removed bots from the equation it's come to light that there is a problem.
    morenthar said:

1. IT'S A F2P model.

Only dying games have to use the fact they're F2P as an excuse to slow player progression. Ironically that's the reason why they die, they're just trying to get in one last hurrah by ripping off a few suckers.
    morenthar said:

3. If you pay any attention, there are plenty of ways to earn RD and make AD by PLAYING THE GAME.

And they're completely inefficient. The best way to get RP is to have a leadership army and you know it.
    morenthar said:

6. You can cultivate leadership alts that essentially act as assistants to your main character. In 4-6 months, your team of characters will be producing a significant amount of RP. During 2x RP events, that RP will allow you to easily rank up artifacts and enchantments. If you so choose, you can sell RP for significant amounts of AD.

See you're so drunk on the kool-aid that you don't realize how ridiculous it sounds that people have to essentially play a browser game for half an hour a day for half a year before they can gather the trinkets they need to upgrade their characters. It's a bad model that drives away potential new players.
    morenthar said:

2. PvP needs more than lip service. Contrary to what some idiot PvE fan-boys will preach, PvP in this game is serious untapped potential. Also, many PvE-first players also like PvP. They only need a balanced system so that they can enjoy it.

PvP should just be removed from the game because they can barely support PvE never mind PvP which virtually no one plays.
    morenthar said:

3. Testing and releasing quality content opens wallets. Many people, like myself, happily supported this game financially. Most of our wallets are closed because of how broken the game has become. Give us a reason and we will spend again.

This is another excuse that you see in dying games. "I would spend money on your game that I play for hours a day except ..."
    99.9% it has nothing to do with something being broken because people have been putting up with broken things since the game launched. People quit because the game is grindy, repetitive and they release little to no content worth playing.
    morenthar said:

Cryptic has actually talked a great game in the last few months. The crazy thing is they are showing signs of delivering on several fronts.

Dat kool-aid.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    f2p would be an excuse for the billions of rp needed if rp was actually something they were selling (blood rubies are more like a last level rush thingie)

- they are selling wards - but to use them you need rp tons of it.

And yes i have 50+ alts and to invoke and leadership them it is the most profitable thing in the game - also the most boring part of a mmo i ever had yet w/o them as a income source i would had quit long ago.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

Who is left? I think most of us are just tired of it.. they won. This is what we get in this game..

All they really want is for the rest of us to throw up our hands and quit and move along, this game is not designed for anyone longer then 6 months in game.

Sad but true!

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    To put the "Dev posted in the PVP forum for suggestions" excitement in perspective, the same thing happened in the Foundry forum almost 2 years ago. There were staff cutbacks at Cryptic, as happens in today's world, and while the suggestion post remains that particular dev does not. As you can probably tell, there's very little going on with the Foundry these days. Stay optimistic, but keep expectations realistic, good luck.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    Leadership ruined this game when it gave AD. Sorry, but it is true, I have to thank the Devs for this decision, it was the right one.
    Removing AD from leadership was a GOOD THING.

New Players now actually have a CHANCE to catch up(have 2,5+ IL), with the correct guidance. Before the leadership nerf, that was impossible without spending money, not it is possible to catch up without spending money for a free player. (I you're a new player and need some hints, just whisper me in-game or send a message, I will gladly help). A free player needed half a year to get a leadership army running and then wait another few months to have the army "paying off" the wait.

I agree that RP nerf was ill-conceived, I believe another approach is needed, though I must note that in many many companies the approach that costs/takes less usually is the chosen. Since this is a virtual game and the customers usually have no rights, at all, the need to keep a beautiful imagine of the service is not needed.

Refining Point system is a considerable portion of the game's income, I believe it will never be removed or changed to XP, not possible. It's a milking cow, and it will only run dry when there's noone to feed it.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    That is my argument too - but the zen store is not selling refinement directly (rubies are more like a rush the final level thing) it is selling wards so if you refine faster you will need wards more.

ok they are actually selling AD via ZAX which can be used to buy RP but as i see it now most players will clinge to their RP and not sell it in the AH so a paying customer will get a veeeery bad deal from the AH for his zen to rp.

and the ppl who will profit from the rp sold in the ah are those running 20-40 scripted leadership accounts.

both ways mean less income to cryptic

and hell i bash them in almost all my posts

but

i can't wish anything more to this game but for them to make big cash - hire more devs and prosper and expand - i really wish that.

sorry from mobile - ugly formating.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    almondum said:

Leadership ruined this game when it gave AD. Sorry, but it is true, I have to thank the Devs for this decision, it was the right one.
    Removing AD from leadership was a GOOD THING.

That was part of the problem. Leadership giving AD is a money printing machine. Couple that with allowing 50+ characters on a single account means the few players willing to maintain a leadership army can control the economy. Whoever made that design decision saw only the $$$ from selling account slots and had no clue how it would negatively affect the economy.
  • Options
    Making AD by pressing buttons in a browser every few hours? No LS armies was not rare. The people ahead of the curve had them going way before the BoE loot removal. After that, people behind the curve started developing their LS army. Then came the LS AD nerf and those people just got their LS army fully up got hosed, and got very angry.
  • Options
    The number of maxed-out players would correspond to the number of people with LS armies because the LS armies benefit only those players. There aren't too many out there. You say it's rare, but I don't think it's rare enough to not negatively impact the economy, or cryptic would not have nerfed the LS AD.