test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160410a.3

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
You see a glimmer down a cobblestone road. It turns out to be the patch notes for our maintenance on 4/21!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9926663-patch-notes:-nw.60.20160410a.3

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Ugh, why did I bother doing all that Elemental Evil revamp testing?
    Also, RIP all those Elemental Evil lore journal entries. :(
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    • Classes and Balance
    Some GF at-wills no longer proc their (very expensive) weapon enchantments, on preview.
    This was reported almost 3 weeks ago on the preview forums.
    And it's still getting pushed onto live tomorrow.
    Good work...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    GF's Cleave attack as cone of effect really make sense than linear frontal attack, since it is "swinging slice attack".

if you just in case later defeat bad coding with lostmouth bugs, please dont take them out yet, not everyone has extras or need to trade for one it need, atleast for 6 months grace period after it resolved. none of my characters had that Lostmouth Horn yet, and about to give up, considered as another mythical loot that seem never got plundered.

anyway, enjoy your vacation, you need that, it help you feel recharged once you come back. i am still looking forward to be in next "group" event after vacation, i did signed up, and only got leftout when that sign ups are full.
    by the way, i do look forward with new plans for those profession nodes when you get back, i had made suggestion on that topic.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So, there was a lot of feedback given about the EE campaign, and it seems like most of that is totally being ignored. Gee thanks. What good were the feedback threads if you don't actually use the feedback? You even added a reward for people who gave feedback to try and get more, and you still ignored it

You put all this effort into getting this (resused) unique gear out there and then you bind it to character and make it impossible to get again
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i wanted to change to valindra i hope this issue will fixed soon with the kits( i guess and many others will have this problem).
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I hope this pattern of content updates/patches continues. Is that a light at the end of the tunnel or a lure into a trap I see hmmm. :p
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    The Lostmauth's Hoard Exchange is a fantastic idea and great way to lighten the damage of having to change sets after a year of neglict in fixing the LoL set but...

- If the reinforcement issue isn't resolved yet a large portion of the community is not going to have access to this. You've already said the vendor is limited time only and now your eating into that limited time by introducing a broken vendor
    - Noone has been able to test/prview the vendor because of the first item on the list is not resolved on preview
    - All existing greater belts should be allowed, many people are going to find mixed sets far better than full sets given the terrible bonuses like that of Imperial
    also love how it says the dread enchant debuff for ranks 11 and 12 now works. Doesn't highlight that it will work now but for a less debuff than advertised
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    So, another empty words about SW? Next class (re)balance at 2019? I remember when you said that OP and SW are at top of your priority... seems it changed :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Can we get the Seal of Triumph for winning the Icewind PvP again?
    I really used to enjoy those random battles.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • mordockbrmordockbr Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Can we also plz have a nerf in the Hitkill TR skill "Shoking execution"?

The fact that this skills ignore all the DR of the enemy and always crit due to Stealth allow ppl to make a TR build only based in power and HitKill everyone on sight...
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Thanks for finally fixing Shadowclad. Now maybe all the scrubs using it for permastealth and immunity will go find some other game where they can exploit broken nonsense.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

if you mean Dread Enchantment, it doesn't and shouldn't procc with atwills, its on Encounter use.

Weapon enchants (i tried with my terror) doesnt works using Crushing Surge, it not debuff when weapon hits the target but using Tide of Iron and Cleave it works

deathbeez said:

I just tested this and can confirm this bug is also with the Life Drinker enchant on Guardian Fighters.

• kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Reclamation Rock credit is bugged in the Elemental Evil Campaign.

My husband and I each have two L70 characters who completed the Reclamation Rock area within the last two days. On test, these characters receive the following error message: "The Reclamation Rock Complete task is out of date and will be dropped." Instead of having full credit for this section of the campaign, we have credit only for the first task. We have full credit for the other zones that we've completed.

Please confirm that characters that have completed Reclamation Rock will indeed get campaign credit for it?
    qtPt2I
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

Can we get the Seal of Triumph for winning the Icewind PvP again?
    I really used to enjoy those random battles.

Yeah, if Siege counts for a daily win, Black Ice Domination should too. It used to!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    With the massive nerf to OP it appears that dungeons, like so many parts of the game (e.g. Stronghold PVP) is now impossible to PUG for . I don't really care about the nerf to the lostmauth set as this is only damage related and will just mean it takes longer to kill something, the fact that they now make it impossible for PUG groups to do dungeons like ECC is really not a wise decision.

Why don't they just remove the ability to PUG all together since only preformed parties and custom channels can do anything in this game now.

Long live elitism. I loved pugging. It allowed me to help out lower level player, something that I will no longer be able to do now. Doing lostmauth with a full party less than 2.1k(except me of course) and carrying these inexperienced players through the dungeon was part of the joy of this game , but I guess the eleteist have gotten their way. Small guilds and solo players are yet again being punished for not joining big guilds.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Sw getting nerfed (harrow storm) :hushed: I thought your balancing act for sw is gonna be buff. :disappointed:
  • shalaxsar#8473 shalaxsar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Scourge Warlock
    Harrowstorm: This power is no longer capable of proccing Lostmauth's Vengeance on every tick.
    It still can proc Lostmauth's Vengeance on the initial hit.
    Harrowstorm: Now hits all targets on the first tick, instead of just the main target.

once again, this is not the actual change, you also removed spark generation from harrowstorm, which is much more important than the obsolete lostmauth set proc

would you please document the changes as they are or change as documented?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure Cryptic has never once listened to feedback provided from preview server content. Maybe a few bugs here and there, but most of the bugs and most of the design criticism is ignored. The big-wigs demand that things be pushed out by a certain date, so it gets pushed out no matter how much people tell them it's broken/stupid/whatever. "Feedback requested" here is the same as "I just punched you in the balls. How does that make you feel?" The ball punching has happened, or is going to happen. Nothing you can do about it.
    mynaam said:

With the massive nerf to OP it appears that dungeons, like so many parts of the game (e.g. Stronghold PVP) is now impossible to PUG for . I don't really care about the nerf to the lostmauth set as this is only damage related and will just mean it takes longer to kill something, the fact that they now make it impossible for PUG groups to do dungeons like ECC is really not a wise decision.

Why don't they just remove the ability to PUG all together since only preformed parties and custom channels can do anything in this game now.

Long live elitism. I loved pugging. It allowed me to help out lower level player, something that I will no longer be able to do now. Doing lostmauth with a full party less than 2.1k(except me of course) and carrying these inexperienced players through the dungeon was part of the joy of this game , but I guess the eleteist have gotten their way. Small guilds and solo players are yet again being punished for not joining big guilds.

There was life before OPs

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Well, now I have no more need to do the Rescue Prisoners leadership task for marks of gratitude. Why don't you just remove leadership altogether? With no way to generate AD with it, there are only 2 long-term useful tasks in the entire tree (for SH resources). Just move those to another profession and put Leadership out of its misery.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    will the lostmouth horn exchange be fixed as its still giving bellials portal stone instead of black ice beholder on preview
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    putzboy78 said:

mynaam said:

There was life before OPs

This will not effect me or my guildies as we have 3k+ chars running with the lower IL chars, but it will hurt new players, it will hurt small guilds and it will hurt solo players. Remember we had a decent GF before OP we do not have that anymore a GF that is not 3k+ is worthless for a PUG party and how many 3k+ GF's will be pugging ... 0 I think.

I will not be PUGGING with my OP any more(and I believe many other players will do this too) It is just not worth doing it without a good NERFED DC and high DPS anymore.

Funny how the community manager is on holiday during the nerf. :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• mykael31mykael31 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well rip to pally will never be using him ever again from 20 to 6 sec for bubble lol. This just means that more moods will be getting kicked from dungeons that don't have a pally.
  • aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Explorers' Nodes now give twice the Masterwork resources during Double Professions events.

^Any clarification about what that means for people with explorer's guild rank 6?
    Should be 4x resources otherwise its gonna be a discrimination against all these people that worked really hard to level that building.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
This discussion has been closed.