Options

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160410a.3

124»

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    ivesx2 said:

hustin1 said:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that the paladin changes make sense: as it stands today, the paladin was making the entire party immune to damage pretty much all the time.

That said, weakening paladins will expose a glaring issue that has been around since April 7, 2015 (Mod 6): the difficulty of dungeons is ridiculously high. Even the weakest peon of a critter does massive damage, and the effect of having combat advantage against you will one-shot almost anyone. Mod 6 supercharged PvE enemies, which is why the game has since been Never-Without-Paladin: a Paladin was mandatory for all but the most elite players.

Get ready for an avalanche of complaints that no one can complete the T2 dungeons: when a boss can do SEVEN-HUNDRED THOUSAND damage and when the lowliest skeleton can do 70k damage, dungeon difficulty is broken. When having combat advantage against you is a one-shot death sentence for almost everyone, dungeon difficulty is broken.

I'll give you an example: my HR has 28.7k defense and 81% damage resistance (you read that right -- EIGHTY-ONE PERCENT). With a potion it jumps to 29.7k and almost 83% DR. When peon critters in a T2 dungeon get combat advantage (and remember, boys and girls, parties are often outnumbered), they cut through it like paper.

Well said , I have an OP tank , 3k , and also think that the bubble was broken, there is no challenge when the group has 100 % of damage reduction almost all the time. What is broken is the difficulty of the dungeons , making them almost impossible to conclude with the recommended ilvl. Remove the " perma bubble" will bring more challenge to the game, however, this extremely difficult dungeons will cause many players to stop playing.
    actually the presence of broken mechanics cause everyday even more people leaving tbh
    when i was 1000x times more active in team speak i never heard anyone saying: " i cant complete CN im done ".... never
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone,

We believe we have identified the cause behind some people not getting credit for campaign tasks already completed. Thank you to everyone who provided us the information needed to investigate this. We'll be pushing a fix for this in Thursday's patch.

We'll have patch notes detailing the fix, if you're still in a state where you're not getting proper credit after that, please let us know and we'll continue to look into it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you all again for getting us this detailed information!
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Well as of now i redid it anyways but thanks for your answer commander.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Glad to hear we will get a fix. I am going to stop doing Reclamation Rock now since I already did it a long time ago. Hopefully, next Thursday, this will all be fixed.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User

Hey everyone,

We believe we have identified the cause behind some people not getting credit for campaign tasks already completed. Thank you to everyone who provided us the information needed to investigate this. We'll be pushing a fix for this in Thursday's patch.

We'll have patch notes detailing the fix, if you're still in a state where you're not getting proper credit after that, please let us know and we'll continue to look into it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you all again for getting us this detailed information!

Outstanding, thank you very much!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    karusiokarusio Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok so to ANDY OR WHO MADE CHANGES WITH OP TANK
    HOPE soon ill see the link from U of course, how u tanking as Paladin in party to keep party alive --- NOT FULL MITHIC and LEGENDARY PARTY. JUST ELOL WITH LOW GEARED DC + 3DPS.
    now - no protection skills
    -no buffing skills.
    all this auras is funny think when we see knight valor or into the fay from gf. great job cryptic

GF is now buffer, tank and dps whats a role for pally?
    Tank is not meaning stay alive and the rest of party is dead. Should protekting so far is protecting himself and no one else.
    Cant wait when u show link with how u play pally in party with normal players.

I think soon ill leave this game, coz here cryptic treat This game like personal product and forgeting is public already.
    More changes like this less players like 1 year befor.
  • Options
    sumatrraasumatrraa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well done. No more Op Players... Well done. you have deleted one class from the game. i wonder tooo much what the new players should do in this game. if they wanna play dungeon they cant finish, if they try to play pvp with the gs of 2.5k they get a full pvp clan team with 4.2k and they will die 10 times. They just play pvp to make the other high stats people happy lolll. and what they should play? no chance in dungeons no chance in pvp and what else? i wonder too much how new players are starting to play this game and how many of them stay??? well doneee.
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I think at least Shield of Faith should not be nerfed. It was IMHO very unfortunate. 30% dmg resist for 12s? WTF? Second thing is broken paladins aggro. I saw many times mobs attacking my companion (angel of protection) instead of me with binding oath active (mobs are forced to attack pally..... really? In what universe?)!!!
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    One thing that hasn't been said, the overpowered paladin shield covered for some deficiencies in the game. We did a CN last night with a group that has done it easily several times since the patch. It was laggy but not terrible. We had a load of wipes attributable purely to the lag which would not have been wipes with the old style OP shield. I was playing my main (3500) GWF, I can live with the Lostmauths nerf, but the determination nerf (and bug) was getting me one shotted time after time after time which is no fun at all.

Another thing is that many people don't want to learn to play what is essentially a different character at level 70. Other than TW, I'm not sure my pally would keep any of the powers he currently slots, and my (3200) cleric would have to switch from full AP healer to buff/debuff.

Being forced to pick an almost full set of powers that increase threat as an OP purely because you can't keep your team mates alive without them is not my idea of fun, and an awful lot less fun than my pally used to be. I'm almost certainly retiring him instead of playing a character that's had the fun sucked out. Shame, as I actually spent an awful lot of time and a fair amount of AD/Zen on him (he's about 3300). This really discourages me from spending any more RM on this game.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

You see a glimmer down a cobblestone road. It turns out to be the patch notes for our maintenance on 4/21!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9926663-patch-notes:-nw.60.20160410a.3

Yo andy, when the patch notes say, Guardian Fighters will no longer receive a 20% damage buff for 1 second every 20 seconds. What does that mean? no more damage buff?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    theguiido said:

Yo andy, when the patch notes say, Guardian Fighters will no longer receive a 20% damage buff for 1 second every 20 seconds. What does that mean? no more damage buff?

This is a fix of a bug, as noted by a dev in the preview thread about GF changes:
    It was a bug, plain and simple. A low level class functionality power that both Guardian Fighters and Oathbound Paladins have that sets some base values had a damage setting that lasted 21 seconds and refreshed every 20 seconds - and it was set to stack, which is the default behavior. We have received feedback about some of the things this could do, but the most visible issue for players was that, if you watched your tooltips, you'd see your damage numbers increase by 20% for 1 second, then go back to normal.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I'm reading hastening light at rank 4 still doesn't work. Anyone confirm this?
  • Options
    spanjaubijcaspanjaubijca Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @kwsapphire said:
    > Reclamation Rock credit is bugged in the Elemental Evil Campaign.
    >
    > My husband and I each have two L70 characters who completed the Reclamation Rock area within the last two days. On test, these characters receive the following error message: "The Reclamation Rock Complete task is out of date and will be dropped." Instead of having full credit for this section of the campaign, we have credit only for the first task. We have full credit for the other zones that we've completed.
    >
    > Please confirm that characters that have completed Reclamation Rock will indeed get campaign credit for it?
    >
    >
    >
    > And, No. Would really like to see official word about this. Are you seriously going to make us run that whole section again just because your completion system can't figure this one zone out?

I also have the same problem with my friends.
    Spanja@spanjaubijca and Thorfin Lorearthen@dedeleed0
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

I'm pretty sure Cryptic has never once listened to feedback provided from preview server content. Maybe a few bugs here and there, but most of the bugs and most of the design criticism is ignored. The big-wigs demand that things be pushed out by a certain date, so it gets pushed out no matter how much people tell them it's broken/stupid/whatever. "Feedback requested" here is the same as "I just punched you in the balls. How does that make you feel?" The ball punching has happened, or is going to happen. Nothing you can do about it.

What is the point of the preview shard is the million dollar question. They put those changes on the server weeks in advance and did nothing with it. Furthermore, class balance is being done all wrong. One class should be fully changed at once not peices, all it does is make players waste multiple respec tokens trying to keep up with all the changes. I smell cash grab all over the place now with their "class rebalancing".
This discussion has been closed.