test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160410a.3

Comments

• lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User

This will not effect me or my guildies as we have 3k+ chars running with the lower IL chars, but it will hurt new players, it will hurt small guilds and it will hurt solo players. Remember we had a decent GF before OP we do not have that anymore a GF that is not 3k+ is worthless for a PUG party and how many 3k+ GF's will be pugging ... 0 I think.

I regulary pug with my 3.8 GF and its very rare that a run fails. Though i have to say that since mod 9 i rarely run the "smaller" dungeons anymore.
  • illidan#8923 illidan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    while im playing this game only from 1 month ago .. just get bored or it !
    Really Pay To Play .. anyway
    any news when the new class come out .. ? or i have to go back to dota2 ?
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    I hope that exchange store stays for a very long time. A month or two at least. It's very difficult now to upgrade artifacts, and it would be really shameful if I had to turn in my rank 88 lostmauth one for a rank 60. I'm sure a lot of people are in that same situation now.
  • pr0gr4mm3rpr0gr4mm3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    mynaam said:

With the massive nerf to OP it appears that dungeons, like so many parts of the game (e.g. Stronghold PVP) is now impossible to PUG for . I don't really care about the nerf to the lostmauth set as this is only damage related and will just mean it takes longer to kill something, the fact that they now make it impossible for PUG groups to do dungeons like ECC is really not a wise decision.

Why don't they just remove the ability to PUG all together since only preformed parties and custom channels can do anything in this game now.

Long live elitism. I loved pugging. It allowed me to help out lower level player, something that I will no longer be able to do now. Doing lostmauth with a full party less than 2.1k(except me of course) and carrying these inexperienced players through the dungeon was part of the joy of this game , but I guess the eleteist have gotten their way. Small guilds and solo players are yet again being punished for not joining big guilds.

me too... I'm gonna miss just queuing for anything to carry "pugs"... The paladin is ruined; seems the GF is becoming THE tank... With DPS...
    And I'm losing hope for my tiny guild... Without these overpowered guild boons, we will die out... Already lost over 90% of our players since SH started... Many quit the game, others joined bigger guilds over time..
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Glad to see the game moving forward.
    Do we know if those with Explorer's Guild rank 6+ will get x4 the mastercraft resources from nodes during the X2 Profession Resources and XP event??
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    would like to be able to start my boons in sharadar and dread ring if they would only remove their level cap cause I just don't see why sharadar and dread ring need to be 70 when we should be able to start this at 60 like demons cause I just dont see the point in all of this and why we cant earn demonic ichors while seals and why we cant spend them on are level 61 and up toon for gear cause all I want to be able to do is survive without having to wear all this crappy gear that you get from Archdurid , Spinward rise and Fiery Pit cause I know replacing it after 70 I know isn't a big deal
  • lipasgutom1lipasgutom1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    mynaam said:

With the massive nerf to OP it appears that dungeons, like so many parts of the game (e.g. Stronghold PVP) is now impossible to PUG for . I don't really care about the nerf to the lostmauth set as this is only damage related and will just mean it takes longer to kill something, the fact that they now make it impossible for PUG groups to do dungeons like ECC is really not a wise decision.

Why don't they just remove the ability to PUG all together since only preformed parties and custom channels can do anything in this game now.

Long live elitism. I loved pugging. It allowed me to help out lower level player, something that I will no longer be able to do now. Doing lostmauth with a full party less than 2.1k(except me of course) and carrying these inexperienced players through the dungeon was part of the joy of this game , but I guess the eleteist have gotten their way. Small guilds and solo players are yet again being punished for not joining big guilds.

mynaam said:

• sumatrraasumatrraa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is this a nerf for the Paladin Class? loll reducing the daily time from 20 sec. to 6 sec. is not a nerf. its called deleting a Char. from the Game. Well done Cryptic. Keep working like that till you let all the players stop playing this game. It was difficult to find an Op for dungeons and now i wonder how many guys will keep playing an Op after this patch. letss seee...
    I feel you bro T_T
    I feel very bad after the effort i give to build my toons again another bad news to come and that they can say is for improbement , ya rigth for the strong toons and guild only i feel this is it good bye :(
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    If what is in preview is actually the code thats going live then get ready for a huge amount of bug reports concerning the Elemental Evil Campaign for those who already hit 70 and have gone thru EE beforehand.

Every level 70 character that I copy to preview causes the EE Campaign to behave differently and to make it to where I get stuck in terms of selecting boons.

twitch.tv/kaligold
  • xulinnxulinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    I sadly wave bye bye to my OP :( which I really loved to play) , just like I did some time ago to my Temptation SW, to my broken CW that never got fixed, to my HR which cannot survive solo content properly, bye to all my toons under 3k item level which I nevertheless liked to play.
    No one will take them along in a dungeon any more. welcome to them in endless boring running ToS and grinding daylies.

The only real playable toon of all my eight classes will now be my 3k+ GWF and I really wonder how long this will still be.

Probably my GF will reach the 3k at the end of the year, only 500 iL more to go.
  • sm0key04sm0key04 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If you can't build your toons to where they are playable that is a YOU problem not a THEM problem.
  • smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Spot on- if you are not 3k+ uber build - by by PVE invites- way to kill a class and any hope the 2-3k players had of getting runs and improving their characters. @devs you just killed the solo Q'ing and pug runs.
    sincerely this will hurt and disharten the new and developing players to such an extent that I would expect a mass exodus. I hope you come to your senses and revert this back fully or to any of the other reasonable suggestions- and soon!
    GF,OP,DC,GWF,SW,TR,HR(ret)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that the paladin changes make sense: as it stands today, the paladin was making the entire party immune to damage pretty much all the time.

That said, weakening paladins will expose a glaring issue that has been around since April 7, 2015 (Mod 6): the difficulty of dungeons is ridiculously high. Even the weakest peon of a critter does massive damage, and the effect of having combat advantage against you will one-shot almost anyone. Mod 6 supercharged PvE enemies, which is why the game has since been Never-Without-Paladin: a Paladin was mandatory for all but the most elite players.

Get ready for an avalanche of complaints that no one can complete the T2 dungeons: when a boss can do SEVEN-HUNDRED THOUSAND damage and when the lowliest skeleton can do 70k damage, dungeon difficulty is broken. When having combat advantage against you is a one-shot death sentence for almost everyone, dungeon difficulty is broken.

I'll give you an example: my HR has 28.7k defense and 81% damage resistance (you read that right -- EIGHTY-ONE PERCENT). With a potion it jumps to 29.7k and almost 83% DR. When peon critters in a T2 dungeon get combat advantage (and remember, boys and girls, parties are often outnumbered), they cut through it like paper.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Most of you know me for bashing and flaming in every possible (and in my view needed) occasion, but i am happy with the paladin nerf (being my main) and happy with the nodes change so two good things right there and if cryptic take their time to listen to feedback and bug reports in the follow-up patches it will be great...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

Most of you know me for bashing and flaming in every possible (and in my view needed) occasion, but i am happy with the paladin nerf (being my main) and happy with the nodes change so two good things right there and if cryptic take their time to listen to feedback and bug reports in the follow-up patches it will be great...

Creating new content makes more money, and is easier than fixing bugs. Dont hold your breath on that one.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • rosssanahrosssanah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that the paladin changes make sense: as it stands today, the paladin was making the entire party immune to damage pretty much all the time.

That said, weakening paladins will expose a glaring issue that has been around since April 7, 2015 (Mod 6): the difficulty of dungeons is ridiculously high. Even the weakest peon of a critter does massive damage, and the effect of having combat advantage against you will one-shot almost anyone. Mod 6 supercharged PvE enemies, which is why the game has since been Never-Without-Paladin: a Paladin was mandatory for all but the most elite players.

Get ready for an avalanche of complaints that no one can complete the T2 dungeons: when a boss can do SEVEN-HUNDRED THOUSAND damage and when the lowliest skeleton can do 70k damage, dungeon difficulty is broken. When having combat advantage against you is a one-shot death sentence for almost everyone, dungeon difficulty is broken.

I'll give you an example: my HR has 28.7k defense and 81% damage resistance (you read that right -- EIGHTY-ONE PERCENT). With a potion it jumps to 29.7k and almost 83% DR. When peon critters in a T2 dungeon get combat advantage (and remember, boys and girls, parties are often outnumbered), they cut through it like paper.

Couldn't have said it better, having a renegade CW, an AP DC and a GF I can say for sure that this "balancing" of classes will need a thought-through balancing of the mobs and bosses, that should come all at the same time and not in hiccups. People are already not joining public queues unless they have a premade, this will only exacerbate the issue.
  • rbroz#2282 rbroz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am not happy with the nerfs to the Pally. Some of the nerfs are just to harsh. But I will see and adjust my play style accordingly. My pally is 3.7 IL with 15k Recovery. Off the top of my head until I can play after patch.

1. No bubble during any trash fights.
    2. Bubble at start of boss fights, with flail snail equipped.
    3. Build AP and recast bubble as needed to stop wipes.
    4. Other party members will need to avoid boss attacks/debuffs instead of standing in one spot.

Overall I think Pallys will not be looked for to fill roles as tanks anymore by pugs and the group channels. Pally's may still help out with guild runs but only as a secondary tank, not as main tank.

Basically, Pally's will just be wasting a char slot and used for invoking. I wil see if my opinion changes after I play later today.

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    RIP Lazy Peasants

I've been waitin for this day for a long time. All of you screamin that it's the death of the OP never really learned to play a Pally living inside that bubble. My Pally, who refused to use the bubble, has managed to tank any dungeon. It's not just you other Pally's but all the other classes have to learn to play without that bubble. :#

There will be at least 1 Pally running around saving Neverwinter. o:)
  • ciap3kciap3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm not happy with the gift of haste getting nerfed but Ive got more things to be happy about than complain about- like the hastening light getting a fix- took your sweet time, guys- really. On the whole some good updates and fixes. so good work. Still... hope the patch will be implemented without any problems, no bugs or chat errors. hope to see server bk online at the right time.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Hi Guys!!

Shadowclad and Dread enchant fixed ! this is awesome .. big thanks :)

seems like you guys didnt just talk about class balancing ... this is a start and its a good one ;)

Please can you fix elven next or find some ways to give some control back to CWs and HRs so tht we at least can compete with GWFs and GFs etc ... we have far less damage then them ..... super inferior defense and no control either .. find this abit unfair atm but im sure you guys are working on this issue ... ?

but thanks again for these patch notes ... best i've seen in a very looong time :wink:
  • terindamicoterindamico Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The pally nerf is simply too much and now relegates the class to that of an invocation toon. This is frustrating since it is my main for which I've already spent so much time and money. I didn't play the permabubble, so I was not the target of the nerf. Quite frankly, pallies are too squishy to tank, they can't hold aggro, and their damage is too low. I pretty much follow PredOborG's PVE Tank Guide, and was queueing up for heroic dungeons when I was in the low 2k gear level, and I was getting pwned. So much so that I said screw the heroic dungeons. It wasn't worth the heartache. I now have a 2.6k gear score and still won't queue for heroics. It's still not worth the wipes and dealing with the rage from other players.
  • reeenatureeenatu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Protector's Camaraderie/Friendship: The tooltip now properly displays the amount of Power & Defense you gain when your companion attacks. In addition, additional stacks no longer provides bonus Power based on the bonus Power this ability has already granted.

Wth you guys did, im with 3 mounts with Protector's Camaraderie sloted and it was giving me 12% bonus, now they are reduced to 4%, can you please explain me why!!!
  • snodgrass2005snodgrass2005 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    To the development team:

Thank you for destroying the OP class. 6 secs down from 20s sec and a 30% drop in dr totally ruins the bubble feat. Then a max of a 10% chance to proc echos of light once every 15 secs, wtf?? Might as well delete the boon because u will never even notice it. Over the last year between VIP fees and enchantment upgrades, and weapons/armor fees Ive spent several hundred dollars on this "free to play game" just to get a useable toon for normal use. Well NEVER again will i spend a real penny on this freaking game. And when all the OPs stop using thier toons and then NONE can do the impossibly hard dungeons anymore, hope u enjoy all the complaints and all the lost income from so many lost customers....
  • imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    From the patch notes
    Oathbound Paladins have been granted a Full Respec

Yeah that didn't happen..nice (not).

Edit - Appeared after about an hour online.
    Post edited by imathil on
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Ehm, sorry for stupid question, but where is free full respec for paladin?
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Ehm, sorry for stupid question, but where is free full respec for paladin?

Just logged in, same question.

nm just appeared, after being 2min online it changed from buy to respec.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
This discussion has been closed.