test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Sharpedge's "Almost Everything" CW Guide (Mod 9):

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    umsche said:

Why is it out of date ? What has changed ?

The elol set of coarse. All of my testing was done based around that set and with the set getting nerfed it means all of my testing is now wrong. There may now be ways of doing more damage by not speccing crit, or by doing something completely different. Everything needs to be redone now as there is no guarantee that what used to work still does.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    I've never used anyway.

Back to VT set everyone. :)
    edited April 2016
    umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

Funny that, even with the set nerfed I will still use it. Its stats (arp, crit, power) are vastly superior to the VT set and will still net a greater dps increase, so I will definitely not switch to it.

umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

Funny that, even with the set nerfed I will still use it. Its stats (arp, crit, power) are vastly superior to the VT set and will still net a greater dps increase, so I will definitely not switch to it.
    +2INT and +2CHA make up for the 1,5K arpen you lose, considering everyone can have more than enough arpen from other sources.

VT belt gives way more dps than lostmauth belt.
    edited April 2016
    umsche said:

umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

+2INT and +2CHA make up for the 1,5K arpen you lose, considering everyone can have more than enough arpen from other sources.

No it does not, efficient stat allocation means that 1.5k arp gives you another 1.5k crit +the elol set bonus which is still 2-5% more damage.
    edited April 2016

umsche said:

umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

No it does not, efficient stat allocation means that 1.5k arp gives you another 1.5k crit +the elol set bonus which is still 2-5% more damage.
    Insignas of aggression or talent. Stats Allocation is trivial compared to main characteristics.

Plus 2CHA is already 800 crit and CA damage. and 2 INT is 800 Power and 400 recovery. STR and DEX ? Absolutely nothing.
  • deflectroquedeflectroque Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    belt +4cha and new pet +5% CA

22+15+10=47*1.1*4/3*4/3*4/3=122.54% CA bonus
    Post edited by deflectroque on
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Luckly you guys are smart and will find a way around all this. I will just wait for you to do so!!!
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2016

The real question is whether the Blink dog and new pet add one to another.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • deflectroquedeflectroque Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    yes
  • craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User

What new pet?
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    craolus said:

What new pet?
    They are probably referring to the Staldorf, you can check it on the collection's Monsters of Faerun page.
    Comes with 2% CA damage bonus at green quality, that is 5% at orange. (Kinda expensive though to make it orange).

craolus said:

What new pet?
    They are probably referring to the Staldorf, you can check it on the collection's Monsters of Faerun page.
    Comes with 2% CA damage bonus at green quality, that is 5% at orange. (Kinda expensive though to make it orange).
    5% at purple, like the blinkdog and intellect devourer.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    umsche said:

umsche said:

umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

Insignas of aggression or talent. Stats Allocation is trivial compared to main characteristics.

Plus 2CHA is already 800 crit and CA damage. and 2 INT is 800 Power and 400 recovery. STR and DEX ? Absolutely nothing.
    It doesn't matter though. The bonus will still increase your damage more by itself and you have to hit the RI cap anyways. If you're giving up that arp you will lose crit and/or power to make up for it, there is no way around that. No matter how you try to juggle your stats you will always lose DPS by switching to the Valindra set.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    umsche said:

umsche said:

umsche said:

I've never used anyway.

The point is, you don't want to waste stats on recovery. Those insignias could very easily be for crit instead, or even power.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Unless they make CC viable I don't see how the Valindra set beats out Lostmauth or even Black Ice sets.
  • craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    umsche said:

craolus said:

What new pet?
    5% at purple, like the blinkdog and intellect devourer.
    I'm already rocking purple blink and intel. What would the total CA bonus be with one of those? Also, is it PC only still?
    edited April 2016
    Yes, that's the pet.

As a general rule always consider everything to be broken until proven otherwise, especially the Combat Advantage damage.

CHA works in two ways. One is - increasing the crit chance (and for each crit that you do you want the most critical severity possible, which is a high investment of power and intellect).
    The other is - adding to the CA bonus itself, but I'm still not figuring whether this particular asset is broken to the ground since to me it doesn't seem to be additive to the overall CA% bonus.

Can someone explain this in more detail>?

Also, LM set is still the best out there due to the amount of damage it gives to the medium-high build CWs.

If my Storm Spell does around 2.5mil, LM set will add 500k to it. It's weaker, yes, but we still don't have such a strong set anywhere in the game. It is still very viable, which in turn makes me to think that devs probably won't do anything new up until august or september...
    Post edited by c1k4ml3kc3 on
    True Neutral
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    null
    Ran both sets on Preview server same rotation and time, the Lostmauth came a little ahead in DPS
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    When you ran both sets, did you adjust for loss of ARP?
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Major update on preview shard. The Dread Enchantment is now fully functional. I did some preliminary testing and even with the lostmauth nerf I am actually doing more damage (old AVG DPS 5035, new AVG DPS 5397) with a fixed Dread. Just a word of CAUTION it was 3 preliminary tests for a little over 2 minutes per test and the AVG DPS did vary from 4905(low) to 5397(high). I have not changed my test character specs since before lostmauth was nerfed. BTW I was using a R12 Dread and all tests i'm referencing to above are done with no pet.

When looking at my logs the average dps for all my powers between all test were fairly consistent and what I would say to be with a margin of error. The only difference was %effectiveness went from 120.6 across the board(broke Dread) to varying between 122 and 124 (working Dread). When I get some more time I will try to figure out if the results are consistent and post them. Just something to chew on. Ohh, if anyone has time and a dread enchantment take a look at the preview server and see if you end up with the similiar results.
    I swapped the belt only to minimize the loss of arp
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I was thinking the same thing. did you run act, if so can you post?
    I will post my ACT this evening when home from work
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I'm interested too, I have a blue Valindra belt in my inventory in case it's better. And believe me the 3/3 bonus of the set is useless, I used the full Valindra set at legendary level from May 2015 to December 2015. 15% more control and 10% control resist is not needed.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
    Here are the ACT runs. Each was a timed 3 min
    photo With Lostmauth Set_zpsdxcqo2fc.png

photo With Valindras Epic Belt_zpsou5vnwsq.png
    Just had a friend with regular Dread hitting with Sudden Storm for around 380k crit.

VT set. Not really buffed up completely.
    True Neutral
  • jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    forgot to +1 like for u @thefabricant. This guide is soooooo deep. I ve been having fun digging there >:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is Spartan bae.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    The +4 INT Belt isn't a good option ? It's like +4% damages no ?
    mirlegris said:

The +4 INT Belt isn't a good option ? It's like +4% damages no ?

I am going to hold off on testing and making changes to my build until the ripples in the water die down, so to speak and we have an idea of the full list of changes.
This discussion has been closed.