test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    No
    I don't see the point in nerfing everything that others have spent time or money upgrading.
    I think the game should provide a bigger challenge and upgrade equally other sets.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    No
    metalldjt said:

one thing that i would say, we will all laugh at this thread when module 9 comes with more power creeps, more promises to class balance, yeeeey. ?

we will beg for the days that companions were working in PVP
    we will beg for the days when the cowardice and ambush rings were brought
    and we will beg for the days on how good was LOL set.
    but until then let's have some fun waiting for module9.

Agreed, lol!
  • bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yes
    zeke you should start to think to stop playin

I don't see the point in nerfing everything that others have spent time or money upgrading.
    I think the game should provide a bigger challenge and upgrade equally other sets.

then why did you vote ? go seek the point...

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Yes
    How worse could things get? ... that´s what all said before mod 6...
    tiamat/Lifesteal/SH Boons/rings/axebeakmounts/companion madness/multiproccing bondings/
    but what really stands out is .... lolset, for such a long period it "disbalances this hole game"
    nothing left a mark like this set
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Yes
    I Have seen comments like time and astral diamonds spended to upgrade lostmauth. For many months you already got your ad back for that cost. For a great weapon fighter is no longer available and at the same time viable the avatar of war set. MAybe that random great weapon fighter payed the set 10 m ad.
    PERsonal i payed the black ice beholder 4 million astral diamonds after 10 days lostmauth set was the overpowered set( broken) i should cry because i payed 4 million the beholder ? No i will not i will live.
    sometimes i buy overprice sometimes i buy very cheap and sometimes i buy normal price.

YOU say time and money invested upgrade lostmauth ? What about the elemental evil weapons ? even in double rp you still put rp for 57 to 60. SO when you dont have problem with that why you have problem with lostmauth? go in double rp and drop other set inside it .
    TIME and money shouldnt be argument when a set is broken because if that counts as argument then give to control wizard renegade back the 250% weapon damage on abyss of chaos and multiproc, give back old intimidation on great weapon fighter and make again the deep gash to able to critical , give back critical storm spell on control wizard.
    Yes

so we run 2xelol, 1x eGWD and one edemo
    in the sum we experienced
    elol:
    a 3k CW using stormspell+lolset deals tons of damage, no clue what it is without that set, 30% less at least
    a 3,4k GWF did double to triple damage (running ahead)
    a 3,1k temptation warlock did about 1/3 less in elol than a CW, hard to say since mobs die in seconds, no fury or damnation to compare
    eGWD:
    no GWF on board, CW killed most stuff by lolset+stormspell procs at a two-pull-run, very funny (thy to our guildy)
    temptation did about 1/3 less than a furylock, CW far ahead 80 mio+ (46-64-87mio about that in the end), can´t exactly tell if fury did better at endboss
    edemo:
    again CW with stormspell+lolset far ahead, fury warlock couldn´t head up until he slotted ... iliabruenset
    in my case, a disaster having all love from demorrgorgon from healing aggro, no tank on board (no, the pally didn´t tank, he run away :)
    I really want to know how you are going to get valid resulty by runing elol?
    T2 would be more valid in case no broken mechanics like puppet or 11 mio hits from morderous flame come into account
    I am temptation-PVP skilled, like in my posted build, but I think its sufficient that way in comparison to PVE dps-builds

What we could see is a completely broken set (lolset) doing crazy things all time especially with some classes, making it near impossible to balance classes that way
    so in case cryptic is willing to balance arround such silly stuff, I am sure they will do no good

cw skyrocket damage with the conduit of ice proc 6 times the lostmauth additional hit ( dot shouldnt proc more than one time ).
  • helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    No
    bauggs said:

zeke you should start to think to stop playin

then why did you vote ? go seek the point...

I voted no for the same reasons.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    No
    metalldjt said:

one thing that i would say, we will all laugh at this thread when module 9 comes with more power creeps, more promises to class balance, yeeeey. ?

we will beg for the days that companions were working in PVP
    we will beg for the days when the cowardice and ambush rings were brought
    and we will beg for the days on how good was LOL set.
    but until then let's have some fun waiting for module9.

Right. Mod 6 flashbacks.

The lost set will get the same treatment as all the other OP sets in the past did, die of obsolesce because of the inevitable goal-post-move. How many DC's you see wearing the High Profit, or GWF's wearing the Avatar or War, GF's and the Timeless Hero? Their buffs are still there, the problem is the stats didn't scale. Stats from gear are everything now.

Why would NWO change it now and upset 67% of this poll (and potentially close to that ratio of non-voting players), when they can add a new set that's just attractive enough to make the lost set refinement points in mod9? It's worked in the past. Why change the formula?

I'm a GF tank. Not a DPS class. But I recognize how much time and effort the DPS classes have put into this set. To change it now, this late in the set's service-life, seems very harsh to dedicated players. From what I've seen in this game, a balance is never balanced. Scourge Warlocks. Nerfing lifesteal then adding godly OPs to own PvP for 3 mods. Leadership. NWO doesn't gracefully adjust anything. They slap it with a 9 ton hammer. Be careful what you wish for. We've all seen, time again, the fix being worse then the problem. New mounts with massive arm pen (where's all the outcry for that?), new pets with amazing buffs (extra hit on non-crit, seriously!?), pvp companions. I don't see the lost set as something that should, all over a sudden, get tossed to the top of the priority list, not after 3 mods of life already. There's lots of other things to swing flaming pitchforks over, especially in the neglected bugs forum.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    You simply can't call out for a Lostmauth nerf as an isolated question.

There are 2 (optionally3) important balancing acts to perform:
    1) Balance classes against each other for success against content (PvE relevance of classes)
    2) Balance parties against content (PvE challenge interesting)
    3) [Optional] Balance classes against each other for fighting each other (PvP)

Personally I call PvP optional, because I think it's the one to let go, as it just becomes too hard. I refuse to PvP anymore, but perhaps it can succeed by getting an even more independent rule set.

I know many see a Lostmauth as the way to get the "out of control DPS class" under control, but it's more complicated than that. The set is also the backbone of every other class struggling to be DPS relevant, despite the that that (due to the belt), it was intended for a fairly specific class. Additionally, many have poured much time and resource into an entire build round it.

So, what do you hope to achieve by nerfing Lostmauth? Control a runaway DPS class? Make the PvE content more challenging? Magic bullet for both? Are you sure that the adjustment wouldn't effect the struggling DPS classes more than it would effect a DPS dominant class that outperforms others despite a 1K less gear score?
    No. What we really need is more challenge in our content, and there's nowhere near enough thought here on where we would be after nerfing a Lostmauth nerf.

Here's the rub: Right now most anybody (class) can still reasonably get a run, because the content is easy enough to beat. Everyone gets to play. You make the content challenging enough, but leave massive advantage with a favored DPS class, and the game gets nasty pretty quickly.
    Long time players that can think back to when content was challenging and classes imbalanced, will know what I mean - if you were on the receiving end of it.

So, I won't vote on a massive game changing proposal, where the effects aren't properly understood.
    I do though, understand that this is at least trying to do *something* :)
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    1)

<
    beside this, "zeke" , I hope no ingame friend since he has a real bad "aura", was usefull to show, how much damage a GWF deals
    He compares his damage to a BIS warlock with "maxed gear" and claims he was beaten by that, I can´t follow his arguments any more, maybe that´s why he runs in front like a maniac.

Yes u cant follow, thats for sure...

For the third time, i COMPARE u to 2.9k SW, not BiS one, and im TELLING U to learn from some of the best BiS SWs. Learning from the best is one of the ways to get to the top. If u understand ur class in same way u understand what im writing to u, well, godspeed. Also if u think my poor 3.6k gwf is overpowered, u seen nothing yet m8.

One more thing... bad "aura"? well im ego maniac (so u r close), how cant i have bad aura? But those who knows me will tell u im not roten to the bone... yet...

2)
    Also to all ppl here, i will never understand argument of "own playstyle" i see this as argument covering incompetence for most of the cases. I understand roleplaying for some cases (e.g archery hr with bronzewood, coz it matches his guardian of wilds, renger roleplaying theme) but for most of ppl its just poor excuse.

Edit: i dont understand ppl who dont selfimprove, either its game which gives u fun (U r still here, right?) or real live, as some said here, we have only that one life, why not to make the best out of it and be the best in everything u touch. After all if u r good at something it works flawlessly, so if task gives u joy, is easy to done (coz u r good at it) and payoffs only when u do it good, why dont do it good? Why ppl must to make it harder, by not being good at it, with excuses like "own playstyle", no-optimal one for most, while if they would lisen to others they would become more effective, so get more joy and would be acctualy helpfull to team. WHY?

All the good gods, i dont understand ppl at all.

3)
    @bauggs please decide, instruction unclear, should i stop playing as u r TELLING me too, or do what i want, coz ur posts r exluding each other.

4) Ehh, someties calling my tools tools is offense to my tools.

Why do i even try.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Yes
    people still plays like they want no matter how you rage...i said it becouse it looks like you take this too seriously...
    Yes
    Control wizard does damage and without lostmauth set. THE encounters reset so fast with spell twisting and even more when you have and some recovery. Chilling presence also increase damage for each chill and when the targets are frozen they get double damage.
    ON paragon master of flame we have critical conflagration which increase the critical severity +20%, or you can play with the swath of destruction which is 15% boost for you and for your pt.
    ON paragon spell storm you have the eye of the storm can be good combination with chilling presence.
    DIsintegrate maybe deal lesser than the tooltip says but still it does much damage and you have it every 3 seconds.
  • heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    Yes
    Balance the game , don't use band aids

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    No

Control wizard does damage and without lostmauth set. THE encounters reset so fast with spell twisting and even more when you have and some recovery. Chilling presence also increase damage for each chill and when the targets are frozen they get double damage.
    ON paragon master of flame we have critical conflagration which increase the critical severity +20%, or you can play with the swath of destruction which is 15% boost for you and for your pt.
    ON paragon spell storm you have the eye of the storm can be good combination with chilling presence.
    DIsintegrate maybe deal lesser than the tooltip says but still it does much damage and you have it every 3 seconds.

1. Chilling Presence against frozen targets is not double damage.
    2. Crit Conflag is inferior to Swath
    3. Swath is 20%, not 15%
    4. Eye of the Storm combined with Chilling Presence is a stupid idea, why would you give up the only reason you'd go Spellstorm? (Storm Spell)
    5. What do you mean by every 3 seconds? The cooldown is a lot longer than that.

Wannabe CWs, man...
    Yes

1. Chilling Presence against frozen targets is not double damage.
    2. Crit Conflag is inferior to Swath
    3. Swath is 20%, not 15%
    4. Eye of the Storm combined with Chilling Presence is a stupid idea, why would you give up the only reason you'd go Spellstorm? (Storm Spell)
    5. What do you mean by every 3 seconds? The cooldown is a lot longer than that.

Wannabe CWs, man...
    1.About chilling presence i type it wrong you have right is 8%(rank 4) per chill on maximum chills is 48% which become 96% because the tooltip says : Increases the damage you deal by 2% for each stack of Chill on your target. This damage bonus is doubled on Frozen targets.
    2. Maybe i want increase only my damage and use conflagration ofcourse with a high critical build.
    3. I didnt add the first rank my bad.
    4. Well you have 30% chance to activate the storm spell when you critical ( storm spell hit is not critical). thats why i gone master of flame smolder hit all the time vs the stormspell with 30% chance on criticals.
    5. I Have it every 3 seconds. i have 4200 recovery spell twisting and fight on feat.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Yes
    Actually, what Lancer said is true.

eLoL set apart, one big problem of this game is that things are not done by baby steps. They turn things upside down, or do nothing. No middle ways.
    Another problem is the massive effect that a boon and a piece of gear can have on a player.
    A fresh 70 with base gear and few boons is several leagues under another lvl 70 with all boons and pieces of gear and power points to 4.
    Now, while i agree that there must be a difference, i don't think it should be THAT MASSIVE.
    Plus it's not even being "BiS". A BiS toon with the wrong enchants and items can be weaker than a 2.5k toon.
    But once it's BiS, with all theFOTModule toys, the toon gets on a completely different level.

I went from being 2.9k with PF/terror and "normal" crit chance, no eLoL set, to the META crit build with T.Vorpal and eLoL set.
    My DPS increased by, roughly, 250%. May be more.

Does it make sense at all? I can agree on, what, a 50% DPS increase, still very powerful? But all those DPS just by changing enchant, build and a set?

• blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    No
    john6522 said:

Weapon master boosts your crit chance with the artifact ability, and IBS(while yes it is damage) is mostly used to refill our determination for quicker unstoppable.

Totally OFFtopic, but IBS should not be used for determination refill IMO.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Yes
    john6522 said:

Weapon master boosts your crit chance with the artifact ability, and IBS(while yes it is damage) is mostly used to refill our determination for quicker unstoppable. Our main DPS as GWF comes from at will sure strike. Must have high Crit build for the lost set to even become viable in the first place.

The paladin has been long overdue to be decimated as the game isn't even challenging or fun anymore because of perma bubbles etc. There is so much unbalance in Never winter, and here we are three mods later with everyone crying nerf hammer.

The content just needs to be upscaled to be more challenging like mod 6 was.

It's not entirely true. I switched from SS to wicked strike (i'm IV) and in most dungeons i deal more DPS that way. AoE wicked strike on 5+ mobs beats SS in my experience. Jump on mobs, Daring Shout, double Hidden Daggers and start WS. SS still in 1st at-will slot for mini bosses, bosses and when groups of mobs are scattered.

Also, Wicked Strike allows you to reduce the mobs damage, protecting your group further.

One issue also comes from the fact that they took away diminishing returns, allowing for crazy crit chance %, for example. Take a BiS PvE GWF. Reaches 90-100% crit chance. With a P.Vorpal, that alone means your base DPS are increased by 170% (overall crit severity a BiS PvE GWF can reach with P.Vorpal and feats/ boons), or even more.
    Now add eLoL set proccing at every hit, boosted by crit severity and damage buffs.

P.Vorpal 50% crit severity was "created" when we got diminishing returns and 50% crit chance at best, or a few points more. Now you reach 100% crit chance.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    It's lame, that you can't change your vote.
    Calling it 'adjusted' has a better ringing.

Anyway, I still think, that a nerf/adjustment/patch alone to the lostmauth would not solve the problems. It needs to carefully looked through, bringing some class balance along the way. The two classes, that would be hit the most by a lostmauth nerf should be buffed. (GWF CW)
    Buff GWF unbuffed damage, rework self-buff sístem, and make the other 2 paths viable. Instigator as a control-buffer/debuffer path, sentinel as a tank-buffer/debuffer path, leaving destroyer as pure dps, so GWF can fill other roles in a party.
    Buff CW damage, moving damage from passives (storm spell) to encounters, feats.
    These are the 2 most played classes (or close), nerfing their overall damage (even if it's a long overdue lostmauth balance) would make a lot of players angry and make them leave the game.
    Also buff HR archery and combat, bring SW and OP rebalance along with lostmauth balance.

Let us que to Tiamat and demogorgon.
    Make normal demo 3x gold give players 1 twisted ichor. Also, remove the 1 hour limitation from normal demo. So casual players and beginners can farm the weapon in lower levels, and don't have to carried through edemo. Because with lostmauth nerf overall dps will be less by a lot. Just think about how many time it depends on a few sec, that it's gold or silver, even with premade - also, there are many pvp players, who sacrificed dps for survivibility.

These should be done at the same time, a lostmauth nerf alone would do more harm than good. Lostmauth is not responsible for all the problems this game has.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No
    Stupid...every time when we get a chance to talk about a ajdustement the thread changes to stupid "GWF ar to op mimimimi". This poll is about a adjustment for LM set and not about how "op" a class is. And plzz....i dont need tons of explanations why its necessary to talk about dps from GWF/CW etc. This topic is a poll about LM set. Its simple yes or no...
  • obsidianxcobsidianxc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No
    My main is a CW, i plan to use it for buffing others not to be on the top of the paingiver chart so i don't use it.
    Yes i see a problem in it when for some classes it is the best choice even though they get nothing out of the Str/Dex but whatever change it may come it will have its downside and people will complain against it.
    For exemple:
    Scale the content with the lol set... something like that was already done before and look how that turned out, in less than an hour people will complain that they died cuz something fartedat them.
    Make more top content as the game gets easy.. while i have nothing against this, some will complain that the devs only care about the top few
    Lets boost the other sets... to put it simply the chance of this NOT going wrong is about the same as winning the lottery.
    Nerf GWFs but leave the set as it is... most likely this will make a GWF without it as usefull as the popes ****.
    Nerf the set... while it works best with a GWF, and it won't hurt them so much it may have a worse effect one other dps classes, and again people will cry after their lost damage and investments, bring out their virtual pitchforks and torches and threaten to uninstall the game.
    I'm sick of GWF's on the top of the paingiver charts... i know that what im saying here has very, very little to no effect on what will happen with the set but for me at least thats isn't worthy of a nerf. I'm sure that i've seen classes of all types at the top of the chart more than once even classes that shouldn't be dps choices. And correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the GWF a dps/off-tank? And for what i can see it's doing just that.
    And don't start with "he was 5k ilvl below me" as there are other things to take in account here like boons, companion & the most important, SKILL. Before, if i heard well they where the worst class in game now they are one of the best, let them have their moment.
    The first char i started is a GWF, i just do the dailys (ToS & underdark skirmishes) with it in best case and i dont think it will ever be my main no matter how good GWFs are doing, i simply found the playstyle to boring for my likeing. I started a CW, looked at a build on the forum that i liked the sound of it and made some changs to suite my style of play. If its more effective or not i couldn't care less as long as i find it fun.
    With that said peace all, try at least to have fun and sorry for the long post so take a peridot.
    Yes
    why its still sounds like some players think that you can buy this company with buying zen from them ? why does people think like that ?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    No
    blinxon said:

Stupid...every time when we get a chance to talk about a ajdustement the thread changes to stupid "GWF ar to op mimimimi". This poll is about a adjustment for LM set and not about how "op" a class is. And plzz....i dont need tons of explanations why its necessary to talk about dps from GWF/CW etc. This topic is a poll about LM set. Its simple yes or no...

You don't get eleven page threads on issues that are solved with a simple yes or no answer.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited January 2016
    No

If you are terrible as a CW, of course a GWF will beat you. You must build specifically for DPS, run ahead and melt the mobs before the GWF gets there. Quit trying to get my class nerfed just because you are built wrong. Do not use the Renegade or MoF builds, those paths are not viable for DPS. DPS CW is not a support toon, it is a ruthless damage hog.

You really think you can beat a dps GWF with a CW? Can you show me a vid where a CW runs in a grp of trash elite mobs in T2 and they are "melting" before a GWF gets to them? I hope you know what melting means (melting = in secounds down). Thx a lot. You can send me a link if you have one.
    So i guess the best solution would be:
    Take the CC skills away from CWs and give at least 1 good CC skill to GWFs. For this you can nerf skills like WMS and IBS at GWFs.
    Am i guessing right?

^^....youre really a paingiver fan ^^

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    I haven't played a CW in like ages, didn't they supposedly melt enemy groups in seconds always? I remember people bringing like 3 of them for dungeons before. Has it changed that much now?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    No
    Lets wait till defiantone shows us how he is melting the mobs in T2 ( eCC the witches at blackdagger for example). Maybe im totally wrong and CWs only need to blink at them to melt them.

P.S.: OF kicking some "mobs" in spikes doesnt count as melting btw :D
    edited January 2016
    No

No, but CW was king for so long, they hate that GWF is now viable.

Ahhh...now i got it ^^.

Until Mod 6, a GWF would lose to Righteous DC.

Thats sir, is totally bs and you know it. Dunno what GWFs you had in your runs, but this sir? Righteous DC??Plz..In which module? 4?

I think the main problem is that there is no crit severity cap. GWF has a crit sev feat and half-orc has 5 percent. There needs to be a hard cap.

Erm...can you tell us ppl why there should to be a harcap for crit severity?

• b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Yes
    Not a question if I want it adjusted or not. It NEEDS to be adjusted.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    No

If you are terrible as a CW, of course a GWF will beat you. You must build specifically for DPS, run ahead and melt the mobs before the GWF gets there. Quit trying to get my class nerfed just because you are built wrong. Do not use the Renegade or MoF builds, those paths are not viable for DPS. DPS CW is not a support toon, it is a ruthless damage hog.

Ok, instead of it being all hot air (as it has been up to this point) why don't we do work this out in game. You bring the highest damage CW you know and I will bring the highest damage GWF I know (snoo snoo). If your CW can touch snoo snoo's damage, then you keep on saying that CW competes with GWF. It does not, in any world though, ill bet my vorpal enchant on it in fact that the best CW you know isn't in the same league as the best GWF I know.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Yes
    I'm down with "adjusted". Being BIS for all classes, and making up 30% of the damage of some classes, clearly shows "too strong". I have no problem with leaving it very good, even still leaving it BIS - just maybe not quite *as dominant*, yes?

Adjusted yes. "Nerf", no. If all the people who use it now are like "well now it's garbage", that's BAD. I'd just prefer it to no longer be by far the greatest option for all classes.