test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    btfd said:

Exactly! If there was no storm spell nerf all CW wouldn't use it!

I disagree.. it would be used until something more viable would be given.

Its not like vals set is all that useful.

Even if this is nerfed a 10% increase of damage is much better then 2-3%.

The +/- difference between the two is much smaller.. but still its better.

That is the failure , vals set doesnt offer nearly the control worth dropping off the damage still.

If they improve the set to make it more useful and /or game changes again, I am storing a set for my cw in the bank.. just in case.

its still BAD... though.

its like the tiamat set for dcs'' has no real purpose and a 5% outgoing heal on say 30k hit total is around 1.5k sure there are alot of ways to modify outgoing.. so you could continue to increase that.. but there is no need to.

just like control with CWs today.. There is just zero need for more control then the 1-2 second stuns.

We live in a Material..erm DPS (buffs/debuffs) world and either your supporting DPS , Doing DPS .. or.. being of little other value to your team.

The other valid build on CWs is a MoF debuffer of sorts, it shows you where the game is at.

BTW most of the history of neverwinter has been like this btw.. just SUPER short stints otherwise.

I know some dont want to hear that/ or disagree because they WANT to have it another way, but so many changes (not just htis set) would have to happen.

AND when it did happen, 50% of the playerbase through a snotty fit and they changed it.

(I wasnt upset, but I wasnt thrilled with arp changes at start of mod 6) now that the "bug" was removed, the game doesnt need much in the way of control, heals again.

It went to far the other way again.

Its not that you "cant" do a control wizard or a "healing" dc, you can .. just for all practical purposes, your not in the optimal meta at this time.

• Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    No
    Of all things in the brokeness that is neverwinter how does this warrant a poll? The list of things wrong with the game are too numerous to count. How about lagg lets have a poll about that? How about script kiddies that knock the game off line daily, lets have a poll about that. Should there be dungeons in a dungeons and dragons game? Lets have a poll about that. Tiamat needing an extra 5 seconds for animation to die, lets have a poll about that. Tiamat donation stuck at 3% lets have a poll about that. Perma stealth, perma daze perma bubble, oh hell perma anything, lets a poll about that. The inability to recreate common bugs glitches etc lets have a poll about that. I could go on but i digress. There is a laundry list of things that make the grade before I can resonably care that a cw gets 30% damage buff from lostmauth set.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No
    ajax0101 said:

Of all things in the brokeness that is neverwinter how does this warrant a poll?

Cuzz it was a question from the com to devs and they said in stream they wanna make a poll about LM set.
    ajax0101 said:

How about lagg lets have a poll about that? How about script kiddies that knock the game off line daily, lets have a poll about that. Should there be dungeons in a dungeons and dragons game? Lets have a poll about that. Tiamat needing an extra 5 seconds for animation to die, lets have a poll about that. Tiamat donation stuck at 3% lets have a poll about that. Perma stealth, perma daze perma bubble, oh hell perma anything, lets a poll about that. The inability to recreate common bugs glitches etc lets have a poll about that.

Go for it and make your own poll for every issue. Here we got a poll about LM set. Nothing else.

• Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes
    @silverkelt irony ;)

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    No
    btfd said:
    Even if storm spell wasn't nerfed, every single CW would still use either the elol set or the black ice set, the val's set has rubbish stats on it and the stats alone would provide a bigger boost then the +2/2 to valid attributes.
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes
    @thefabricant I meant that my post about CW not using elol set if there wasn't the storm spell nerf was irony :D

• Options
    No
    blinxon said:

ajax0101 said:

Of all things in the brokeness that is neverwinter how does this warrant a poll?

Cuzz it was a question from the com to devs and they said in stream they wanna make a poll about LM set.
    ajax0101 said:

How about lagg lets have a poll about that? How about script kiddies that knock the game off line daily, lets have a poll about that. Should there be dungeons in a dungeons and dragons game? Lets have a poll about that. Tiamat needing an extra 5 seconds for animation to die, lets have a poll about that. Tiamat donation stuck at 3% lets have a poll about that. Perma stealth, perma daze perma bubble, oh hell perma anything, lets a poll about that. The inability to recreate common bugs glitches etc lets have a poll about that.

Go for it and make your own poll for every issue. Here we got a poll about LM set. Nothing else.

This poll is designed to take your attention away from those real issues that plague this game, to pit players against each other and distract everyone with an obvious and easily sparked controversy. Sort of like when politicians start talking about the pregnancy or other non-fundamental political controversies.

Anyway, I'm a cleric, can we get talking about how all the set bonuses are garbage for my class and how Hastening Light doesn't work at all, please? Oh, right... I mean Lostmauth, Lostmauth, Lostmauth.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Yes
    To be honest if they really need a poll to tell them what they need to do to fix the balance in this game then we are in far more far trouble than just this one issue. It is clear they can nerf and yes I said it because that is what you call it when ever you lower something on a class.Y
  • Options
    Yes
    hawkeyel said:

To be honest if they really need a poll to tell them what they need to do to fix the balance in this game then we are in far more far trouble than just this one issue. It is clear they can nerf and yes I said it because that is what you call it when ever you lower something on a class.You can lower defense or control or heals but if you really want to see push back just go after ones DPS lol .That is all this game is about . Sorry if you felt it was about anything else.Doesnt matter who is on top all the rest will come for you they always have and always will.Never before recall them wanting a poll to decide for them as to just what they really need to do.At the end of the day they will break out the huge nerf hammer and have at it. Some things never change.

• Options
    astralthecleric#9124 astralthecleric Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No

Garbage? Not. Tiamat, Lostmauth and Lathander are good for clerics. Especially the first two: The first for a Faithful, the second for a Righteous.

Tiamat set bonus is weak - 5% in/out healing isn't even up to snuff with a single point into the ToD campaign boon, and largely irrelevant for a high-level player/team. 5% incoming healing would be a nice addition to a PVP setup but then you lose 8 points of armor class from a Lathander cloak. Not to mention, 2 extra points of wisdom from a Wisdom belt outdoes the set bonus.

Lostmauth - Totally pointless if you're not a DPS cleric, offers bizarre stats for a cleric seeing as how armor penetration seems to have little-to-no effect on cleric DPS since mod 6 (I could be wrong about this but I'm not about to stack 14k armpen to see if it makes a difference when 6k doesn't), and again is useless for a cleric on a high-level team. Only purpose to run this set as a cleric is if you want to do extra damage in PVP at the cost of being an ultra-squishy high-value target. It doesn't help that critical strike seems to be a wasted stat on a cleric as well, when every point of recovery and power matters so much.

Lathander - A cleric should never really be going to near-death status with a high-level team, and VIP makes the injury thing a moot point. Even the cleric-oriented artifact ability is cool in theory but takes too long to use to be effective at all in PVP, where it would be most-used, and life steal is a wasted stat.

Basically, unless you spend your days running low-level player PUGs through ultra-slow dungeon runs all of these sets are completely useless, and even then, a good cleric doesn't waste time healing players when they can be debuffing to mitigate damage before healing becomes an issue. Look at any top cleric and you will find them running a Wisdom belt and Lathander's cloak because all the set bonuses are garbage.
  • Options
    No

Faithfuls are already pretty strong if you raise the Tiamat's bonus to more than 5% they become 'untouchable' (some are already untouchable, but...). Sets should provide modest added benefits not 'breaking the game' (like Lostmauth actually do, at least for some classes).

A wisdom belt and Lathander cloak will make you way more tanky and give you an equivalent healing bonus to the Tiamat set, and you won't have to waste an artifact slot on the Orb.

Righteous DCs wearing Lostmauth are whatever, but if the set gets nerfed it will seriously deflate the value of your argument, and 95% of clerics don't go this route unless they want Condemned for dungeon clearing.

Good DCs debuff, and good DCs don't get near-death or rely on Soulforge. Sorry, but high level teams don't benefit from these healing-focused set bonuses in any way, shape or form, plain and simple. I'm glad it's working for you with the lower item level players who need heals, but don't please don't bother trying to negate my legitimate concern when you don't know what you're talking about.

Now if we could have a set bonus that mitigated damage, or provided additional buffs (like High Viz/High Prophet), then we'd finally have a set that rivaled the Lostmauth set in terms of usefulness.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Yes
    Faithfuls are already pretty strong if you raise the Tiamat's bonus to more than 5% they become 'untouchable' (some are already untouchable, but...). Sets should provide modest added benefits not 'breaking the game' (like Lostmauth actually do, at least for some classes).

A wisdom belt and Lathander cloak will make you way more tanky and give you an equivalent healing bonus to the Tiamat set, and you won't have to waste an artifact slot on the Orb.

Righteous DCs wearing Lostmauth are whatever, but if the set gets nerfed it will seriously deflate the value of your argument, and 95% of clerics don't go this route unless they want Condemned for dungeon clearing.

Good DCs debuff, and good DCs don't get near-death or rely on Soulforge. Sorry, but high level teams don't benefit from these healing-focused set bonuses in any way, shape or form, plain and simple. I'm glad it's working for you with the lower item level players who need heals, but don't please don't bother trying to negate my legitimate concern when you don't know what you're talking about.

Now if we could have a set bonus that mitigated damage, or provided additional buffs (like High Viz/High Prophet), then we'd finally have a set that rivaled the Lostmauth set in terms of usefulness.

Sets like high prophet and high viz... Don't I wish :P So glad I kept mine, and selling my spare HP pieces has been netting me millions of AD XD​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No

This poll is designed to take your attention away from those real issues that plague this game, to pit players against each other and distract everyone with an obvious and easily sparked controversy. Sort of like when politicians start talking about the pregnancy or other non-fundamental political controversies.

conspiracy theory....
    I like the way how you know why this poll was made....not.
    I didnt see any post of you in the thread where you can ask the devs in livestream and i dont see any post of you in feedback. Great job you do, young padawan :)
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    No
    Adjustments to the set now would be unfair to those who worked hard to put the set together. Make new more competitive sets or buff existing ones.
  • Options
    aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Yes

Well, I guess it is too late to do so, especially with owlbear cub coming in new lockbox. But this game will be definitely more fun without elol set.

an exactly how will this game be more fun without the set, so because some people build their char to take the most affect from items means it needs to be romoved from the game or nerf'd, pfft how lame
    It will be more fun because it will allow for more options. And instead of the devs balancing new content around people having one set, then can balance game content around a larger variety of sets.

It's not that Lostmauth is the best set for a certain type of build. It's basically the best set for any DPS class, and for some non-DPS classes, in any build they have. So yes, that seems out of whack to me.
  • Options
    bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yes
    funny guy this cranium...do you even know the details of this broken set `? if so tell me plz cos i would like to know what you think you know,,,,,
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Yes

funny, yet i dont see anyone cryingabout how certain pets are tripling the damage output, guess its time to nerf all the companions to, as well as the bonding stones

Well, bonding stones are also on the list of things that needs to be nerfed :)
  • Options
    Yes
    Been following this and have yet to see anything on this part of the topic. The ELOL set is at its best with a high crit. whatwhat would be the effect if they do what they do best and nerf Crit. rather that adjusting the set. We alrady have seen how they dont like anything perma in this game so was just wondering on this topic . I just remember my SW and how it was built around LS and how they took care of that lol.