test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• Options
    harumenharumen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yes
    By now, 65% of people in here are selfish subjective glitch lovers. See how Black Ice set works and laugh. Same for Valindra's, the other 2 sets stablished in that module. There is no sense in the effective dmg for certain classes, there are a few reasons to keep that set working as it does, but none of them are in the way of a balanced game with more than one gear build option.
    Be serious, dex and str in CW, SW, DC, and users of LMset don't need to worry about that lost stats with perfect synergy for their class, race, feats, etc. Nah... the have their 1st to 3rd source of dmg in that set, so what about 2 or 4 points more in their main characteristic?
    Keep that lovely selfish work, community, so u can keep seeing yourself up in first position in paingiver list, wich is a very nice self-esteem food..
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    harumen said:

By now, 65% of people in here are selfish subjective glitch lovers. See how Black Ice set works and laugh. Same for Valindra's, the other 2 sets stablished in that module. There is no sense in the effective dmg for certain classes, there are a few reasons to keep that set working as it does, but none of them are in the way of a balanced game with more than one gear build option.
    Be serious, dex and str in CW, SW, DC, and users of LMset don't need to worry about that lost stats with perfect synergy for their class, race, feats, etc. Nah... the have their 1st to 3rd source of dmg in that set, so what about 2 or 4 points more in their main characteristic?
    Keep that lovely selfish work, community, so u can keep seeing yourself up in first position in paingiver list, wich is a very nice self-esteem food..

Attributes on the set are arbitrary. Even if the set was working like it's supposed it would still be better than Valindra's for CWs.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    No

I'm for balancing anything out of balance.

I'm sure every player wants everything to be fixed, not just you. But sadly this is impossible because there are too many things destroying the balance and fixing some of them with cryptics' accuracy will lead to even more imbalance. I just pointed out that imho there are bigger problems in this sphere and devs can't just nerf eLoL and forget about DD balance, thinking everything is alright now.

Don't hide the head under the sand.

Were you talking to me? Because if you did, I'm really confused about the meaning of this.

• Options
    Yes
    urabask said:

Even if the set was working like it's supposed it would still be better than Valindra's for CWs.

That is something not showed or tested yet. But the thing is that you say that...

And you voted no.
  • Options
    No
    harumen said:

urabask said:

Even if the set was working like it's supposed it would still be better than Valindra's for CWs.

That is something not showed or tested yet. But the thing is that you say that...

And you voted no.
    Don't even need to test it. Stats on the artifact equips are better, and all it has to do is 2% damage over a dungeon run.

I voted no because I don't trust Cryptic to balance classes in the wake of a nerf in a timely manner. Things are fine now and I don't really see the need to nerf something when Cryptic would take years to fix class balance in the aftermath.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Yes
    Working without follow a tooltip is not the way I see things going fine, not mentioning comparing efficiencies of all sets.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No
    harumen said:

Working without follow a tooltip is not the way I see things going fine, not mentioning comparing efficiencies of all sets.

Technically it does exactly what the tooltip says. The argument that it's bugged is based on the idea that abilities like this shouldn't be affected by buffs.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    urabask said:

harumen said:

Technically it does exactly what the tooltip says. The argument that it's bugged is based on the idea that abilities like this shouldn't be affected by buffs.
    The argument that it's overperforming is based on the idea that there are tons of reports and ACTs showing how the set for some classes boosts the DPS by 30-40%, and how there are enormous differences in how the set performs on different classes.
    It's not the classes that must adapt to 1 piece of gear. It's the gear that must have solid mechanics to avoid such weird behaviour, and perform roughly the same on all classes.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No
    pando83 said:

urabask said:

harumen said:

The argument that it's overperforming is based on the idea that there are tons of reports and ACTs showing how the set for some classes boosts the DPS by 30-40%, and how there are enormous differences in how the set performs on different classes.
    It's not the classes that must adapt to 1 piece of gear. It's the gear that must have solid mechanics to avoid such weird behaviour, and perform roughly the same on all classes.
    All of which has nothing to do with whether it's bugged or not doing what the tooltip says it should.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No

No, because not all classes should be using it. It is for STR/DEX classes, actually.

pando83 said:

urabask said:

harumen said:

No it isn't. If it was then you wouldn't be able to equip on any class.

That's like saying that I shouldn't equip the Lathander's set on my GF because it has Wisdom on it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    No

urabask said:

No, because not all classes should be using it. It is for STR/DEX classes, actually.

pando83 said:

urabask said:

harumen said:

That's like saying that I shouldn't equip the Lathander's set on my GF because it has Wisdom on it.
    LM needs fixed, as do the other sets. At least let us change the ability scores to adapt to the class or build wearing the belt. It is absurd the way it is now, CWs using STR/DEX does not sound right.
    From a survivability point of view, there is no reason why a CW shouldn't boost those ability scores. Just because they are not the primary or secondary ability for a class does not mean they are useless to him.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Yes
    urabask said:

harumen said:

technically it doesn´t do at all what it should, sry
    beside the redicules damage some classes deal with a smal set it bugs in lots of ways with different classes
    If you would read the thread you will find the answer
  • Options
    No

qexotic said:

urabask said:

pando83 said:

urabask said:

harumen said:

LM needs fixed, as do the other sets. At least let us change the ability scores to adapt to the class or build wearing the belt. It is absurd the way it is now, CWs using STR/DEX does not sound right.
    From a survivability point of view, there is no reason why a CW shouldn't boost those ability scores. Just because they are not the primary or secondary ability for a class does not mean they are useless to him.

The reason CWs use LM is due to the Storm Spell nerf, has nothing to do with survivability. CWs need compensation for that injustice, for real. The LM set with the old SS was too powerful, so rather than fix LM, they nerf CW. lol
    You said 'CWs using STR/DEX does not sound right'. My response was only looking at why a CW would find those two Ability boosts to be useful. You just insisted on taking the thread back on topic >:)

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Yes
    qexotic said:

You said 'CWs using STR/DEX does not sound right'. My response was only looking at why a CW would find those two Ability boosts to be useful. You just insisted on taking the thread back on topic >:)

As a CW, let me assure you STR/DEX is considered garbage and useless for the CW class.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Yes

qexotic said:

urabask said:

pando83 said:

urabask said:

harumen said:

The reason CWs use LM is due to the Storm Spell nerf, has nothing to do with survivability. CWs need compensation for that injustice, for real. The LM set with the old SS was too powerful, so rather than fix LM, they nerf CW. lol
    a free hit when you critical and always critical was too much fixed i would say. DONT forget wizard is controler primary role and 2ndary striker and are 2 paragons mof and ss. I am saying that because many poeple forget the master of flame.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No

qexotic said:

urabask said:

pando83 said:

urabask said:

harumen said:

a free hit when you critical and always critical was too much fixed i would say. DONT forget wizard is controler primary role and 2ndary striker and are 2 paragons mof and ss. I am saying that because many poeple forget the master of flame.
    And GWF is a primary striker/secondary leader yet Hidden Daggers and WMS are two of the best AOE in the game. Pretty much every class behaves in some way that's contradictory to it's supposed old 4E class role. That's because this is an MMO and not actually D&D, class roles were basically marketing terms for the devs to make people think this game is more than an MMO with a D&D skin. The thing is now they're actually mixing in 5E so class roles aren't really a thing even anymore. The devs could rebalance the whole game without actually taking into account the old 4E roles if they actually wanted to.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    No

qexotic said:

As a CW, let me assure you STR/DEX is considered garbage and useless for the CW class.
    Please feel free to consider those two abilities to be useless and garbage for the CW class but my CW finds the extra help to be a good idea:

Dex: Deflection Chance, AoE Damage Resist
    Str: Stamina Regeneration, DoT Damage Resist

As I said before, all are useful from a survivability point of view...especially when out soloing, i.e. around 95% of the time for my character(s).

• Options
    No
    qexotic said:

qexotic said:

Please feel free to consider those two abilities to be useless and garbage for the CW class but my CW finds the extra help to be a good idea:

As I said before, all are useful from a survivability point of view...especially when out soloing, i.e. around 95% of the time for my character(s).

Just slotting darks in your defense slots and taking some lifesteal boons makes them pretty pointless.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Yes
    qexotic said:

As a CW, let me assure you STR/DEX is considered garbage and useless for the CW class. Please feel free to consider those two abilities to be useless and garbage for the CW class but my CW finds the extra help to be a good idea:

I'd like to see how many CWs would keep that without set's absurd dmg because they prefer that stats besides INT/CHAR or CHAR/CON. Be serious, Almost all set users didn't give a **it for that before LM set came out.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No

The reason CWs use LM is due to the Storm Spell nerf, has nothing to do with survivability. CWs need compensation for that injustice, for real.

Injustice? Its getting better and better :D I think your the smartest guy in the whole NW universe *clap clap

BTT:
    How long will this poll exist? I think we got enough votes. Result is clear.
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No
    blinxon said:

Injustice? Its getting better and better :D I think your the smartest guy in the whole NW universe *clap clap

* you are ;) (sorry)
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No

* you are ;)

Thank you very much o:)
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes
    Exactly! If there was no storm spell nerf all CW wouldn't use it!