test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    why so many people say dont nerf lostmauth set?

in my opinion its because epic demogorgon difficulty. Whoever has already weapon set dont need play epic version anymore, so its pretty hard if you cant control who is in your team, its not easy create even 5 members premade for it (with one tank and one healer). Even dont meant lag difficulties. If we have no edemo, poll can be different
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No
    One of the best post i ever readed, metalldjt. 100% agree. I only voted no, cuzz i hate it when the solution for a big problem allways should be "NERF IT!!".
    I hope the devs gonna read your post, metalldjt...
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    metalldjt said:

flowcyto said:

I guess its time to rabble on about terminology. LM set may be 'broken' (I'll just say its 'unbalanced' for now), but there's a difference between something being unbalanced and something being an exploit. Most exploits happen to be unbalanced by nature, but not all unbalanced things are exploits- and labeling heavy use of unbalanced things as 'abuse' is a bit too dicey for my tastes. Plus, in the context of the game, something isn't really an exploit unless the devs acknowledge it as such, else its just a really subjective label to toss around.

Are their exploiters among the players using LM set? Probably- there's nearly always bad eggs, but most likely aren't, nor do most people who obsess over min-maxing have some sort of malicious agenda underneath. Usually that kind of quirk its just a bit weird, but overall benign.

so it's an exploit before or after the devs are giving their opinion about the broken stuff?

cause for what i know alot of ppl called other people exploiters for alot of broken and overpowered stuff, as ex. at the beginnin of mod6: incredible lifedrinker ench, incredible bloodtheft ench , incredible fire buff from wheel of elements+being able to benefit from all the 4buffs at once, from all these 3 broken/ overpowered items people used and ended up being called exploiters, i also had an argument on the same problem when the Casual Gameplay meets the broken stuff : is that an exploit or not?
    My opinion was always this: if it's broken and the devs know about it, it's not a exploit, cause if it were an exploit it would've been fixed already.
    But people like @blinxon and @thefabricante and @ironzerg got in a argument with me over the ECC last boss being bugged by players , and i can quote them : "there is no excuse for exploiting" .
    But when i told them, how do you know that is an exploit since the devs haven't done anything against it, they haven't tried to say anything about it or tried to fx it asap, and let players use that method over and over again.
    and on the same premise "there is no excuse for exploiting" i replied to them "what happens if players are goin to be punished over something when normal play meets the exploits" ... of course they said that things like this will never happen , if you are legit you are protected by a divine invisible hand, but on 22nd december alot of players got banned , and alot of "if you play legit you won't be banned" players ended up being banned , and that was the point were what i said proved that how some players think in this game, they prefer to have a 1v1 against other players in terms of broken things that devs implement in the game, rather than channeling that energy towards the devs themselfs for not moving a finger when it's to stop the root of the problem.
    no, i disagree, if you need a defintion of exploit it´s easy to google

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers." (and NWO has tons of not intended stuff)

Cryptic can´t punish the hole community abusing obvious broken things, otherwise this game would not exist.
    so they will not give official statements to messed up content, classes and gear, otherwise they would have a problem not being able to fix all those stuff
    exploits are:
    -lolset
    -multiproccing bondings from companion
    -every singel class in this game without exception has bugged feats trees and power (too much to name them)
    -broken mechanics disbalancing classes, like GWF/GF or DC (faithfull capstone) and tons of feats doing silly stuff in groupplay
    -dungeons not solvable in mod 6 being bugged and never tested, only by glitches most cases
    -graphic errors allowing ppl to be invulnerable blocking capturepoint in GG or SH-PVP etc

......almost everything and there do exist older threads with endless lists
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No

metalldjt said:

flowcyto said:

I guess its time to rabble on about terminology. LM set may be 'broken' (I'll just say its 'unbalanced' for now), but there's a difference between something being unbalanced and something being an exploit. Most exploits happen to be unbalanced by nature, but not all unbalanced things are exploits- and labeling heavy use of unbalanced things as 'abuse' is a bit too dicey for my tastes. Plus, in the context of the game, something isn't really an exploit unless the devs acknowledge it as such, else its just a really subjective label to toss around.

Are their exploiters among the players using LM set? Probably- there's nearly always bad eggs, but most likely aren't, nor do most people who obsess over min-maxing have some sort of malicious agenda underneath. Usually that kind of quirk its just a bit weird, but overall benign.

so it's an exploit before or after the devs are giving their opinion about the broken stuff?

cause for what i know alot of ppl called other people exploiters for alot of broken and overpowered stuff, as ex. at the beginnin of mod6: incredible lifedrinker ench, incredible bloodtheft ench , incredible fire buff from wheel of elements+being able to benefit from all the 4buffs at once, from all these 3 broken/ overpowered items people used and ended up being called exploiters, i also had an argument on the same problem when the Casual Gameplay meets the broken stuff : is that an exploit or not?
    My opinion was always this: if it's broken and the devs know about it, it's not a exploit, cause if it were an exploit it would've been fixed already.
    But people like @blinxon and @thefabricante and @ironzerg got in a argument with me over the ECC last boss being bugged by players , and i can quote them : "there is no excuse for exploiting" .
    But when i told them, how do you know that is an exploit since the devs haven't done anything against it, they haven't tried to say anything about it or tried to fx it asap, and let players use that method over and over again.
    and on the same premise "there is no excuse for exploiting" i replied to them "what happens if players are goin to be punished over something when normal play meets the exploits" ... of course they said that things like this will never happen , if you are legit you are protected by a divine invisible hand, but on 22nd december alot of players got banned , and alot of "if you play legit you won't be banned" players ended up being banned , and that was the point were what i said proved that how some players think in this game, they prefer to have a 1v1 against other players in terms of broken things that devs implement in the game, rather than channeling that energy towards the devs themselfs for not moving a finger when it's to stop the root of the problem.

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers." (and NWO has tons of not intended stuff)

Cryptic can´t punish the hole community abusing obvious broken things, otherwise this game would not exist.
    so they will not give official statements to messed up content, classes and gear, otherwise they would have a problem not being able to fix all those stuff
    exploits are:
    -lolset
    -every singel class in this game without exception has bugged feats trees and power (too much to name them)
    -broken mechanics disbalancing classes, like GWF/GF or DC (faithfull capstone) and tons of feats doing silly stuff in groupplay
    -dungeons not solvable in mod 6 being bugged and never tested, only by glitches most cases
    -graphic errors allowing ppl to be invulnerable blocking capturepoint in GG or SH-PVP etc

The caveat here is that without dev input something is not an expoit; if you do not have input from the devs you have to make your own judgment call. The rule of thumb you should follow is that if you're doing something that you normally cannot do it's an exploit. So the ESoT exploit is clearly an exploit because you cannot normally attack bosses from spawn. The lolset on the other hand? You do more damage because you equipped an artifact. There are other artifacts that do this. People assume it's an exploit based on precedent that other items with similar triggers behave differently but without actual input from the devs clearly stating that it's an exploit you cannot assume it is one.

Part of the reason for this is that sometimes bugs that people assume are exploits become features. K-style in Gunz is the first one that comes to mind for me; it was clearly a bug but it was so popular with the community the devs decided leaving it in was more beneficial than fixing it. Cryptic could take the same stance on the lolset so you can't really label it an exploit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    metalldjt said:

metalldjt said:

flowcyto said:

exploits are:
    -lolset

exactly ^
    but since the game had these types of exploits since day 1, the term exploit lost it's meaning, other way you cannot put it.
    so to have exploits you also need to have a WAI content, but since this game never had something like that since day one, how can you choose what is true or wrong .e.g the poll results proves exactly that.
    Nowadays the term "exploit" is used to insult someone and bash his name or guild on the forums, but if you analyze truly you will notice that everyone exploits atleast the list that you put there. So what is the point in punishin players over it anymore?

I abuse these things more or less in agreement with the developper, who has no solutions, right.
    In case of lolset I have a clear mind about that set: it has far too much influence in this game and just makes everything else obsolete, no other set will get from interest except valindra-set for some CW-PVP builds ingame
    on the other hand it produces tons of lags from endless procs and rebound phenomen, sudden death to some classes and some other crazy stuff even the devs have no clue about

some of you know these sudden frozen moment in PVP DOm/GG/SH-PVP?
    that happens when a warlock casts warlock bargain on a Paladin and that spell crits causing such a weared slope of endless damage, rebouncing between both classes, until someone drops dead to the ground or it runs out
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No
    LM set causes lags? Its gettin weired ^^
  • Options
    Yes
    blinxon said:

LM set causes lags? Its gettin weired ^^

doesn´t happen that way without it in my case
    I a sure it´s a mix from feats, powers and setboni, but it has part in this, as it has part in lots of other stuff, like filling up my sparks in one second by that, thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes

The most broken things at the moment are the level 60 sets being used by level 70 toons, I wonder if enemies were made with these sets in mind. It looks like they were not. Next is Into the Fray, it is breaking PVP and PVE, the LM set is broken, but not on par with other things.

not on par?
    name me anything in game that deals more damage, does more crazy interactions, more disbalance to classes?
    LM set is 30% + damage to GWF, TR, SS-CW etc.

ilianbruen is a set not adjusted and forgotten by the devs, few warlocks wear it. But do you go solo content by that, or dungeons except some bigger endbosses ? i guess not

• Options
    No
    metalldjt said:

urabask said:

metalldjt said:

flowcyto said:

exploits are:
    -lolset

The caveat here is that without dev input something is not an expoit; if you do not have input from the devs you have to make your own judgment call. The rule of thumb you should follow is that if you're doing something that you normally cannot do it's an exploit. So the ESoT exploit is clearly an exploit because you cannot normally attack bosses from spawn. The lolset on the other hand? You do more damage because you equipped an artifact. There are other artifacts that do this. People assume it's an exploit based on precedent that other items with similar triggers behave differently but without actual input from the devs clearly stating that it's an exploit you cannot assume it is one.

Part of the reason for this is that sometimes bugs that people assume are exploits become features. K-style in Gunz is the first one that comes to mind for me; it was clearly a bug but it was so popular with the community the devs decided leaving it in was more beneficial than fixing it. Cryptic could take the same stance on the lolset so you can't really label it an exploit.
    i also played gunz long time ago, the first Gunz , and it had the butterfly style or how was it called with the katana dash and block , jumpin around the enemy and blockin all the bullets... it took skillz to perform someth like that, but easily could've been macroed, and yea it was left in the game.
    same jumpin over the walls with hitin the jump+dash+slash repeatin it fast, but yea it requires skill to be able to perform these type of stuff.

like alot of dungeon exploits were required skill to be able to jump on the texture, not to mention that whoever was finding them,but this was long long time ago and everyone were doing them
    from karrundax to icefire
    ending up with CN , and DREAD VAULT.
    finding all those sweet spots were the boss couldn't target you , especially as a CW.
    Butterfly was part of K-style. While it did take skill it was largely left in the game because of massive backlash from the playerbase when they tried to remove it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    In my opinion the fact that everybody uses Lostmauth set knowing it doesn't really work like it is intended (which one can think of by hearing about the fact that they want to look into it again and the fact that it's clearly more viable than other sets) makes it an exploit or whatever you want to call it. It should just do what the tooltip says. If you call that a nerf or a fix doesn't matter to the outcome. It's the devs fault if they take too much time to fix it and now nearly everybody has invested time and money in it. Don't want to sound harsh but in this case they have to cope with all the complaints that would come over them. I for myself don't use anything @schietindebux mentioned in his list, as I feel like cheating. And as we all know cheating is funny for 5minutes and gets boring after that time. Also what kind of an achievement is it to beat in example dungeons with cheats?

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Yes
    The devs should make their own decision whether it should be nerf, not the players.

Most players are greedy, they just want to be as powerful as they can, no one likes being nerfed. But a good dev is like a strict parent, you need to do what will make the game better. This game severely lacks choice. I would suggest reworking all the sets to make them on-par with each other, but I'm doubting the creativity capacity of whoever designs these set bonuses.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    I think the other sets should be buffed, it should be a valid choice between the sets.
    for example; Black Ice set give a chance (how much??) for 10% irresistible dmg, which pales in comparison to the 20-25% dmg increase I get from lostmouth set
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No

If two sets work the same (DPS) and one deliver 2% damage and the other 20% evidently there is something wrong (10 times! And even more!) and if devs said 'sets should give just a small boost' it's more than clear that the first is WAI while the latter clearly off from that statement. And all people abusing it shows just that. And developers didn't do anything to fix the situation, and this is bad since it would be an easy fix. If they want to promote GWF there are other ways to do it instead of letting a broken set go wild.

It. Does. Not. Matter.

They've left the set as is for ages if they really believed it was an exploit they would've told the community and nerfed it. Instead they put it in the tradebar store for 1200 bars.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2016

I'm a Lostmauth customer too blinxon. And I don't put myself at their side. In fact they are all ignored in my game, I would have liked an ignore list here too. A great freedom tool I would expect in an american forum. :p

I just wanted it balanced out, for my toons too. Let's remove corruption and exploits from the game, that is what I'm for. For a better player experience (360°). Balance, I didn't made any names. Exploiters already know who they are and I'm not a justicialist, nor without any sin.

And I do not automatically pretend any voter for the No being a 'bad man', some people just fail to understand the implication of a positionvand maybe later change their mind, so...

Not all those voting Hitler were bad people, just ignorant in that particular moment and I've been ignorant on many occasions too. Peace.

Game over man, giggle, GAME OVER!
    You mentioned Hitler, Godwins' law is invoked, this discussion is meaningless.
    /em mic drop

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    zukn75 said:

I'm a Lostmauth customer too blinxon. And I don't put myself at their side. In fact they are all ignored in my game, I would have liked an ignore list here too. A great freedom tool I would expect in an american forum. :p

I just wanted it balanced out, for my toons too. Let's remove corruption and exploits from the game, that is what I'm for. For a better player experience (360°). Balance, I didn't made any names. Exploiters already know who they are and I'm not a justicialist, nor without any sin.

And I do not automatically pretend any voter for the No being a 'bad man', some people just fail to understand the implication of a positionvand maybe later change their mind, so...

Not all those voting Hitler were bad people, just ignorant in that particular moment and I've been ignorant on many occasions too. Peace.

Game over man, giggle, GAME OVER!
    You mentioned Hitler, Godwins' law is invoked, this discussion is meaningless.
    /em mic drop

I thought I was like the only one who was aware of Godwin's law...pity I didn't pick up on it myself
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    God no theFabricant anyone who has been on the 'net as long as I have should be aware of Godwins law.
    It should be taught in netiquette class, and debating groups.
    If you can't make an an argument without without referencing the most extreme and unpalatable person in human history, have you got a valid argument?.
    It's the sure sign that your debate is dead.and can only devolve from there and any valid points will be lost
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    No
    No.

For dev/ cryptic:

1. Nerf this set, players will not spend anymore $$/AD/time on it.

2. Buffer other sets, player will need to spend more $$/AD/time to get other sets done

Which option will u chose? >:)
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    lynneria said:

Forum goers are a very small percentage of the game's playerbase. It would be unwise to make game mechanic changes based on a forum poll.

fastrean3 said:

No.

For dev/ cryptic:

2. Buffer other sets, player will need to spend more $$/AD/time to get other sets done

they will chose to raise the level cap again in mod 10 :*
    and since they learn from their errors, they will release superior horn of super lostmauth and the circle will never end.
  • Options
    No

rayrdan said:

lynneria said:

Forum goers are a very small percentage of the game's playerbase. It would be unwise to make game mechanic changes based on a forum poll.

fastrean3 said:

No.

For dev/ cryptic:

they will chose to raise the level cap again in mod 10 :*
    and since they learn from their errors, they will release superior horn of super lostmauth and the circle will never end.
    After the release of the Paladope, a wholly new class.
    I for one welcome our Druid overlords.
    I8r4ux9.jpg