test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    regenerde said:

How long will it take them, to bring the Leadership tasks into a more reasonable line?
    - upgrading the rewards
    - adjusting the time needed for some task
    The things, they should have done, before only removing AD from it...

I agree!
    Disappointing and lazy change to something so important.

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    regenerde said:

How long will it take them, to bring the Leadership tasks into a more reasonable line?
    - upgrading the rewards

they'll get right on that, right after they bring back pre-mod6 dungeons, fix the foundry, and the multitude of bugs, and broken class power/features.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

regenerde said:

- upgrading the rewards

they'll get right on that, right after they bring back pre-mod6 dungeons, fix the foundry, and the multitude of bugs, and broken class power/features.
    Yeah, may be next year... from now they will be to bussy working on Underdark, plus blogging and streaming about the great things coming with that new module.

I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    dang, the event timers are all jacked up now. There are hours with nothing going on
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    dionchi said:

So for the most part, everything in leadership is staying the same as far as generating coins, XP, professions XP, etc and they just took away the ability to earn AD's?

They didn't increase the amount of gold, XP or whatever a person makes in lieu of making AD's?

Cryptic doesn't want anyone to purchase AD's from a third party vendor, yet they have done away with just about every method a person had to make AD's in the game, at least those of us who don't have hours upon hours to play the game or 'extra' money to purchase AD's from PWE...

I'm sure there is a 'method to their madness', but I'll be damned if I can figure it out unless the plan is to drive off all the casual players who just want to play and earn AD's so they can purchase the best gear they can afford in the little time they have for gaming - or encourage people to actually try those frowned upon other vendors.

Yep. NW and PW apparently don't understand basic economic theory. To wit, it is better to tax or get one dollar from a million people than TRY to tax 100,000 from 10 people. With this AD change, no casual player w/ a lick of sense will stay w/ the game. I'm going to stick around to collect my 5 remaining months of keys, and see if NW and PW get the message.

I doubt they will though. The change went live this morning w/ over FORTY FIVE pages in this thread that all basically said the same thing (except for some deluded individuals) To wit, this change is an awful, terrible idea. Doing it will make lots of people leave. It will kill the game.

We'll see who's right in three to six months. Then maybe, JUST maybe, someone in charge will read these threads and fricking LISTEN the next time someone gets "a bright idea".
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Well, I'm going to say "thanks, PWE". For the first time in a while I was able to farm Black Ice in Dwarven Valley to my heart's content -=- almost no competition for the resources.

Of course, that means no one is playing...Well of Dragons was equally vacant, if not more so. Dread Ring actually had more people. I think some are figuring out it's the only place in the game now to get the purple refining stones w/o AD.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User

Of course, that means no one is playing...Well of Dragons was equally vacant, if not more so. Dread Ring actually had more people. I think some are figuring out it's the only place in the game now to get the purple refining stones w/o AD.

Dread Ring was today's daily Stronghold Master of Coin task.
  • knightnight2knightnight2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Module 6 was a debacle and I closed my wallet - many players I knew who spent money on this game disappeared overnight. It took a long time to get back to being happy with the game since the content was very hard, and my "legendary" characters were being killed by a single mob of monsters - and the (lower number of) dungeons could not be completed without exploits. We were then promised that Crytic has heard our voice and we were and would be listened to - and I really wanted to believe it because of all the time (and money) I had invested in this game. It was a lie. Just like the "which should increase the amount of AD most players earn in a day" line - what a demonstrable load of nonsense. The maths isn't that hard, I'm taking a crippling hit in the amount of AD I can generate in a day, since I can't play all day seven days a week. Leadership would do that for me, while I was working to earn money to pay to Cryptic.

With strongholds, despite the lies, I was further fooled by communications and that Cryptic had learned its lesson and was "listening to its players". That meant it wouldn't make any hasty ill considered large scale decisions again. Indeed, with strongholds, I found I was enjoying the game again. As a result, I was spending more playing time in Neverwinter. Because I was happy with the game again, I put another good chunk of money in as well as bought VIP ranks. I feel a fool for doing so. Fool me once, Crytic, shame on you - you did fool me twice, to my shame.

The math isn't hard. This leadership change has now killed my ability to earn enough in game currency to slowly develop and improve all of my alts - as well as do stronghold quests in the limited time I have available. I just can't keep up. That's not enjoyable and that is most definitely pay to win. As for alts (note this is not spelled "bots") - I play with all of them and have levelled them all up fairly evenly over the years I have played. The variety is fun, but now I can see that in the time I have available, I really can't earn enough to do more than keep up with one character, if that. Why give us and sell us alts and then take away the ability to feed them?

If I had known this change was coming, I wouldn't have spent any money - and like many others, I wish I could go back in time and get my money back. I am hugely unhappy with this change. I reach into my wallet where I enjoy a game and it has earned my commitment and support. I shut my wallet with this sort of thinly disguised profit grab, where changes are made quickly, arbitrarily and poorly - and without responding to or even bothering to consider the huge outcry from a large part of the player base in respect of the proposed change. I suspect I am not alone in that. This is really short term thinking Cryptic - and another massive example of not communicating with your player base and losing their trust all over again. There is only a limited amount of times you can lie to your customers and let them down before they lose all confidence in you. If there was any bit of honesty in the promises that have been made to us in the past - and which have been broken once again - you need to take quick action, more words won't cut it, since you have too often said one thing and then done the opposite.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Module 6 was a debacle and I closed my wallet - many players I knew who spent money on this game disappeared overnight. It took a long time to get back to being happy with the game since the content was very hard, and my "legendary" characters were being killed by a single mob of monsters - and the (lower number of) dungeons could not be completed without exploits. We were then promised that Crytic has heard our voice and we were and would be listened to - and I really wanted to believe it because of all the time (and money) I had invested in this game. It was a lie. Just like the "which should increase the amount of AD most players earn in a day" line - what a demonstrable load of nonsense. The maths isn't that hard, I'm taking a crippling hit in the amount of AD I can generate in a day, since I can't play all day seven days a week. Leadership would do that for me, while I was working to earn money to pay to Cryptic.

With strongholds, despite the lies, I was further fooled by communications and that Cryptic had learned its lesson and was "listening to its players". That meant it wouldn't make any hasty ill considered large scale decisions again. Indeed, with strongholds, I found I was enjoying the game again. As a result, I was spending more playing time in Neverwinter. Because I was happy with the game again, I put another good chunk of money in as well as bought VIP ranks. I feel a fool for doing so. Fool me once, Crytic, shame on you - you did fool me twice, to my shame.

The math isn't hard. This leadership change has now killed my ability to earn enough in game currency to slowly develop and improve all of my alts - as well as do stronghold quests in the limited time I have available. I just can't keep up. That's not enjoyable and that is most definitely pay to win. As for alts (note this is not spelled "bots") - I play with all of them and have levelled them all up fairly evenly over the years I have played. The variety is fun, but now I can see that in the time I have available, I really can't earn enough to do more than keep up with one character, if that. Why give us and sell us alts and then take away the ability to feed them?

If I had known this change was coming, I wouldn't have spent any money - and like many others, I wish I could go back in time and get my money back. I am hugely unhappy with this change. I reach into my wallet where I enjoy a game and it has earned my commitment and support. I shut my wallet with this sort of thinly disguised profit grab, where changes are made quickly, arbitrarily and poorly - and without responding to or even bothering to consider the huge outcry from a large part of the player base in respect of the proposed change. I suspect I am not alone in that. This is really short term thinking Cryptic - and another massive example of not communicating with your player base and losing their trust all over again. There is only a limited amount of times you can lie to your customers and let them down before they lose all confidence in you. If there was any bit of honesty in the promises that have been made to us in the past - and which have been broken once again - you need to take quick action, more words won't cut it, since you have too often said one thing and then done the opposite.

I Could not have said this better. It seems that we are down to 10% or less of the players there used to be after yesterdays MASSIVE NERF. If cryptic is not seeing it in the numbers they are probably counting the Bots that is still running freely in the game in there user stats.

I beg them to just go and look at the massive reduction in open instances in places like WOD. This game is in Extreme danger after the immense amount of lies and bad decisions we the clients have received over the years. Please Please I beg you do something to save this game that was once so great.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• aletharalethar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am a guild member. Our guild is actually a huge alliance of guild (or used to be before mod6). As I mentioned, before Mod6 we had 7 guilds and around 700 active players. After mod 6 only 3 guild are active now with 280 players. Is it not an indicator of very bad decisions and wrong way of game "developing"??????????

It is not the end. Now after leadership changes the next wave of leaving is coming. Our guild leader is leaving the game. He, who played this game from the beta and who spent so much money and also had around 30 full lvled characters. He spent every every free time to develop his chars or develop our guild (it was 700 people in pre6 mod). Cryptic should thank him for doing so much for this game and other players. But what they are doing? I don't have to say it again, I think thousands of players said it thousands of times already.

The one thing which is clear to all players is that devs think only about money and want to increase zen sales. What a disastrous way of thinking. The best way to increase your income is to focus on players and their joy and fun. It will increase their numbers and so on zen sales. Is it so hard to understand?

Good job Cryptic or PW or whatever you call yourselves. You have done really gooood job in ruining this game, players fun and your company in the end.

PS: This game lacks of end-game. There is only repeatable useless content, pvps are broke, system is bad at all. New sieges probably will be the same. You didn't fix pvp all these years so I am completely sure that new pvps will be all the same frustrating and not worth the players time (if there will be some after another leaving wave)
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    What happened to the developer and his/her comment above me?

• meltzarmeltzar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Isn't this great ? So many new features coming up and no players to use it.

These changes had made the game impossible to play by casual players. Do you want to have anything worthy in game? you need AD for it. Ok, how do I get AD? Oh, do some dungeons, PvP and skirmishes. Nice! but I don't have much time to do these things. Well no AD for you then. OK, what can I do without AD? NOTHING !!!

Everything in this game is based on AD. The whole point of Leadership was to get some AD, and now it is gone.
    Leadership was the only way that casual players had to get some AD to try to catch up with all the other players. And they had to spend a huge amount of time leveling up Leadership before it could provide any acceptable amount of AD. Removing AD from Leadership will not solve the bot problem, bots are there in every game and they will never leave. The only difference now is that the bots will be back at PvPs, the same way they used to be some time ago. I would rather have bots getting AD from Leadership where they wouldn't affect any other player than having bots ruining PvP.

There is no point of having alts now as they cannot benefit your account in any way, unless yor're free 24 hours a day to play this game.

The price of AD is already rising and will rise much more. I believe there will be much less people buying zen with real money now as they will not be able to exchange it for a large amount of AD. This means there will be less profit for the company.

I guess these changes were made to kick off all the free players, leaving space for only players spending their precious money to buy zen in hope they can do anything with it. The amount of bots will decrease, as well as the amount of players. I believe there will be a few months time until this game is empty.

Enjoy the new stronghold PvP while you can, in some weeks there won't be enough players for a 20v20 battle.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I think we can go standard in this game. Why not stack up the AD production to just one character. If one character can farm up to 100k refined ad with 10 hours of play, is that so bad? Let's say regular campaign dailies takes you 3 hours, then you can run 4 dungeons that get's you 15k, 4 skirmishes for 15k, 4 pvp for 15k, and SH quests, and whatever content they can think up for a total 100k a day. Is that so bad? You probably can't bot your way through dungeons, skirmishes, pvp without getting kicked. And just add other quests that are unbottable. Like the killing dragons quest. You need to scout out for spawn times for this.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • brodergregerbrodergreger Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This seems legit... or does it :disappointed:

So I get better reward for running lower rank tasks, make sense. Please correct this!
    Spoderman: Macklemore dis
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    dionchi said:

So for the most part, everything in leadership is staying the same as far as generating coins, XP, professions XP, etc and they just took away the ability to earn AD's?

They didn't increase the amount of gold, XP or whatever a person makes in lieu of making AD's?

Cryptic doesn't want anyone to purchase AD's from a third party vendor, yet they have done away with just about every method a person had to make AD's in the game, at least those of us who don't have hours upon hours to play the game or 'extra' money to purchase AD's from PWE...

I'm sure there is a 'method to their madness', but I'll be damned if I can figure it out unless the plan is to drive off all the casual players who just want to play and earn AD's so they can purchase the best gear they can afford in the little time they have for gaming - or encourage people to actually try those frowned upon other vendors.

misclicked
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    honestly, was anyone really surprised that things in this update are not working as intended?

Has there ever been a major patch where stuff didn't end up all screwy? I cant honestly remember any. Its like getting a new version of windows and not expecting 100s of updates.
    meltzar said:

Isn't this great ? So many new features coming up and no players to use it.

These changes had made the game impossible to play by casual players. Do you want to have anything worthy in game? you need AD for it. Ok, how do I get AD? Oh, do some dungeons, PvP and skirmishes. Nice! but I don't have much time to do these things. Well no AD for you then. OK, what can I do without AD? NOTHING !!!

Everything in this game is based on AD. The whole point of Leadership was to get some AD, and now it is gone.
    Leadership was the only way that casual players had to get some AD to try to catch up with all the other players. And they had to spend a huge amount of time leveling up Leadership before it could provide any acceptable amount of AD. Removing AD from Leadership will not solve the bot problem, bots are there in every game and they will never leave. The only difference now is that the bots will be back at PvPs, the same way they used to be some time ago. I would rather have bots getting AD from Leadership where they wouldn't affect any other player than having bots ruining PvP.

There is no point of having alts now as they cannot benefit your account in any way, unless yor're free 24 hours a day to play this game.

The price of AD is already rising and will rise much more. I believe there will be much less people buying zen with real money now as they will not be able to exchange it for a large amount of AD. This means there will be less profit for the company.

I guess these changes were made to kick off all the free players, leaving space for only players spending their precious money to buy zen in hope they can do anything with it. The amount of bots will decrease, as well as the amount of players. I believe there will be a few months time until this game is empty.

Enjoy the new stronghold PvP while you can, in some weeks there won't be enough players for a 20v20 battle.

amen brother. totally agree.
  • willisdkfitnuwillisdkfitnu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wow don't know how much I will be playing this game anymore. It was cool when I started but it does seem like the developers want to push people away.
    snotty said:

honestly, was anyone really surprised that things in this update are not working as intended?

Has there ever been a major patch where stuff didn't end up all screwy? I cant honestly remember any. Its like getting a new version of windows and not expecting 100s of updates.

difference being is that every other version of windows they give you a good program. Windows Vista? Buggy. The follow on, Windows 7? I think i've had ONE issue w/ it in over three years.

Unfortunately, NW devs for whatever reason have a terrible batting average. I think the issue is that they keep trying to "add content" w/ new mods. They just need to sit down for three to six months and systematically eliminate ALL the known bugs and THEN try to field a new mod.

In engineering terms, they need to fully re=prototype their system, do a full range of tests, and then do "destructive" field tests. And preferably listen to all the feedback they get from the players on the field tests, instead of ignoring it.

• dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User

There was once upon a time a fine city with plenty of people and strong economy. The people of the city were content and so were the lords of it. There were also the two ways to get into the city as it was surrounded by the raging rivers. Ever since the city was built it had a small bridge leading all merchants and adventurers towards it's gates. Same time lords of the city built a barge which was quite fancy.

While the barge was really good looking it also costed a lot of money so only a few wealthy visitors used it to get into the city. Same time the bridge was free of any payments. People had a free choice since if their legs were healthy and they put some effort, then using the bridge they could get into the city as fast as the wealthy ones did while sitting in the barge.

Time passed and city grew. New astonishing structures arouse in it and it's fame gone wide. Still despite or even maybe because of all this splendor the lord became vary.

~"If we put so much effort in our government then why so few pay a heavy toll to get here?" -they said between themselves- "We should make something to make them leave more wealth within confines of our city walls!"

And so the made a barge much faster. At first they thought that now many, many more people will enter the city through it and pay an even greater fee than before but... it did not happen. With time given a hardworking fair merchants who were using the bridge widened it. And with all hard daily efforts some of them even build a chariots or carts so that when they used the bridge they still could be as fast as new barge. Lords were not pleased.

~"We gave them all permission to do so, but why so many of people coming to us are so darn hardworking!?" -they shouted in frustration - "That can't be! We must do something so that they would NEED to leave us their wealth"

The lords thought night and day. They could not put toll on the bridge since they said in time of city foundation that they never would do it. Still if not that, then what? At this time a grievous plan arouse in lords heads.

~"Among the all good people who use the bridge it is sure that at least some bandits and thieves enter our streets by using the bridge" - they grinned with self-satisfaction - "Let us blame those for every blunder We had made! Let us make the bridge into symbol o thieves! Let us say that we need to fight them by any means or city will fall" - lastly with evil spark in their eyes they proclaimed - "Let us BURN THE BRIDGE"

~"But people will revolt! It's madness!" -one of the lords said with some concern over how this idea seemed too dangerous.

~"Oh, fear not. Let us say to them that if they don't want to use barge they can always swim through the currents of river. And if they are still so concerned about not giving their wealth then let us distribute them some floaties for swimming. But a small ones so that even best swimmers won't ever and never be of an any competition against our precious barge!"

And did the city survive? Only time will tell.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • huldushuldus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Reading the in-game chat it seemd to me, that bots are still working really good! I'm seriously thinking of leave this game forever! What is the meaning of this all? Play an infinite number of times the same missions again and again and dungeons/skirmishes, to get less rewards than before? I don't think so. Why not fixing the unbalanced pvp cue system instead of making such an update?
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Crazy suggestion, these changes have come about because AD is too valuable, you need to devalue the currency so I suggest

1. triple the price limit of AD in the zen to AD exchange, it's currently maxed at 500 AD per Zen, change that to a Max of 1500 AD per Zen
    2. lower the price of items in the Wondrous Bazaar, drop the prices to 10% of the current prices and people will buy these things
    3. Open up the old dungeons and make all gear bind on equip, that will get things moving in the exchange as people can run dungeons for fun and profit, not to mention encouraging people to take part in the new stronghold events as they can purchase the newer gear and not be a burden on their team for not having BIS gear

The problem right now is that because it costs so much to do anything with AD people are hoarding it, I promoted one (1) companion to epic quality, but the cost is prohibitive so I won't be doing that again, same with improving mounts. The basic cost of doing anything with AD is too darn high!

P.S. give back the AD to leadership tasks, without it it's as pointless as all the other professions
This discussion has been closed.