test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    The laziness is outstanding.... they didn't even bother to adjust task times.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    They might have lowered bots ability to make AD but the bots seem unperturbed. The only thing they did was increase their price by $1-2. They're going to chug along still offering AD at half the price that the zax does. Meanwhile prices on the AH dropped by 1/3 almost across the board. So even if you can scrape together some stuff worth selling it's not going to buy the GMoPs or wards you need.

Didn't think it would be this bad when the dust settled but it really doesn't seem like it'll be worth playing until they bother lowering the price on AD sinks.
    sadus671 said:

The laziness is outstanding.... they didn't even bother to adjust task times.

Or exp. And the whole profession is basically useless until level 22.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    finalhatriuosfinalhatriuos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    unfair
    i paid real money to buy my character slot to make ad with leadership.
    a lot of time lvl up all and it take time use leadership changes are unfair against player who legit made ad using leadership
    now have toons i have no use of
    cheaters and gold sellers will just find another source
    what's next remove pvp skirmish ?
    they probably make bot for that
  • Options
    empooempoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @finalhatriuos said:
    > unfair
    > i paid real money to buy my character slot to make ad with leadership.
    > a lot of time lvl up all and it take time use leadership changes are unfair against player who legit made ad using leadership
    > now have toons i have no use of
    > cheaters and gold sellers will just find another source
    > what's next remove pvp skirmish ?
    > they probably make bot for that

No they dont gonna remove it, they just close server after this ad change. Everybody gonna leave, lot of players like you spend real cash to this game, and they get nothing for it after this patch.
  • Options
    thebrownsage84thebrownsage84 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Wow I'm so glad i have not spent real money on the game for the last 60 days and the more reason not to.

You should be setting up pulse check/surveys with players before any major nerfs and get suggestions first. You are so aggressive in nerfing stuff not thinking if it would hurt majority of the players. It's like changing the terms and condition of a service after it's sold, And when people complain you slap customers in the face telling them y'all have no choice.

Let's see what gets nerfed in the next 30-60 days. Good thing I did not fall for the VIP trap, again no more spending money for now...
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    mattock13 said:

palad1n2 said:

mattock13, that article sums up everything I have been feeling lately. I don't like being made to feel like a villain because i play HARD and work HARD at this game and that is what has been happening. Thanks for that link it gave me something to express what i've felt since this started.

I wish I hadn't missed it. :/

blog.nwo-uncensored.com/botting-only-half-the-truth-of-next-round-of-astral-diamond-changes/

I don't think it was the link that was the cause of deletion, I think it was the rest of my post.

If I'm wrong, mods, please let me know. I'm sure you guys are busy enough today.
    Oh, okay. I would have eventually caught this.

They've been EXTREMELY liberal on this thread with moderation. I doubt they deleted it, due to the post. Although, if this post disappears, it means that was, indeed, the case. ;)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    And they didn't even balance the various chests/caches, durations, or other task costs/rewards, when they implemented this change - Battle elemental Cultists is still a 24 hr task, but rewards less now, than Guard Young Noble. At least adjust the durations and other rewards!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Pretty sure the gold sellers are about to have a major infusion of new products to sell as the mass exodus from the game has likely resulted in many selling their accounts to them outright. Not ready to sell mine just yet as for some idiotic reason I believe this situation will be remedied eventually. Until then I will remain a non-player and non-supporter of this game.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Unless somebody from Cryptic has some input here, this is all just jabber.
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    "Most tasks that used to reward AD no longer do so."

Anyone know what tasks still do reward AD?

Got to say the game tastes rather bitter and bland with these changes. They really needed to put some adjustment into what would have been rewarded for tasks after leaving a gap taking out AD.

I truly regret investing in VIP at this point - the discounts at the Wondrous Bazaar have just evaporated. Can you change your username to 'CHUMP' without having to pay money?
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    BTW the 3k each for the first 2 dungeon run is not true. I only got about 2k+ in the first run and less than 2k in the second.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    Hey crptyic I hear Bots are in guilds now, you better quickly disband them next patch.
    Oh wait I hear bots are sitting in pvp matches jumping up and down at the fire camps, better disable all pvp.
    Doh I mean I hear bots are using equipment to farm ad, you better just remove all gear so we can run around naked.

• Options
    pausekey45pausekey45 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, leadership is pretty useless now. Do they even want AD in the game anymore? Everything is bound, there is no effiecient path to gathering AD, just kill the currency then.

Edit: Protect Diamond Shipment gives..... no diamonds. I guess we all failed to protect it.
  • Options
    wwookieeewwookieee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Do you think we are stupid? balance my HAMSTER. If you want to play people more you should change 24k rough ad to AD per day first. When you remove ad from leadership, leadership lost its importance. why should I try to get max level on leadership? tell me just why? If you want to make economy stable lower your freaking zen prices first. You are really thieves and try to ppl buy more zen. stop lying to people. when you remove leadership from gateway we get it because you did that for bots but removing from the leadership? this is totally for earning more money from zen. you will bankrupt one day because you do everything for your earnings and you never think players. you BBB score is lowest and you still doing such changes. good for you.
  • Options
    Anyway i just have to put my 2 cents in here. I just got to 2.2k ilvl so I'm just barely worthy of working epics. It took me 3 months of farming 9 toons plus my main since hitting lvl 70 to be able to make the jump from 1.4k ilvl to 2.2k ilvl, that's with 9 toons that I made before I started playing my main. At this point i can just run epic skirmishes all day and distribute the loot among my 9 accounts to salvage, so that makes up for the lost ad from profession, and daily quests. It will of course take me a long time to do this, but at least I have an option.

What about the other new players? What can they do? remember 10 characters farming a total of around 80k a day still took me 3 months to get to 2.2k ilvl from hitting lvl 70, that's about 4 months. New players will probably need about 16 months. WTH!?!?!?
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Just like they said they were looking into getting AD for solo only players, which was obviously not done too.
  • Options
    It's changes like this that make me realize that no one in cryptic genuinely plays the game. If they did they'd know that this was a move that only favored the established.
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    You have lost a huge following today Cryptic. You want people to spend money. The money players will continue when the casual players have left? You think so, I think not.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I think this has set a good example on how to be very careful in how you spend your actual money with this organization.
  • Options
    xaviosour123xaviosour123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I must be confused...Is this new math?
    ..."Across the board, these two changes are expected to put significantly more AD into the hands of anyone playing this queued content."...
    Lets see ...
    Playing Dungeons
    Old - 6K for one dungeon and one chest key
    New - 3K for one dungeon or 6K for 2 dungeons
    Playing Skirmishes
    Old - 3K for three skirmishes with quest
    New - 3,050 to 3,750 for 3 skirmishes (Harldy seems significant)
    Playing PvP
    Old - 4K for 2 matches with quest
    New - 4K for 2 matches without quest
    So basically I will have to run an extra dungeon to gain 50-750 more AD. yeah thats pretty significant. NOT

Oh and thanks so much for making Leadership look so attractive that I wasted all that time and effort getting it leveled just to rip away what little AD I could get from it. Seems like a total waste now...

...kinda like this game...

..on to some other game I guess, but hey you got some cash from me over the last two years so congratulations!

Anyone want to buy an account with 5 toons with level 25 leadership???
  • Options
    jganth said:

I think this has set a good example on how to be very careful in how you spend your actual money with this organization.

Agreed, clearly this game might go south fast. A previous post about only having 3k players was already very alarming for me. No point in putting anymore money here if this game will just disappear in a couple of months.
  • Options
    bethra381bethra381 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Playing Skirmishes
    Old - 3K for three skirmishes with quest
    New - 3,050 to 3,750 for 3 skirmishes (Harldy seems significant)

Hardly. Try 450 for 3. Won't even pay for my healing potions
  • Options
    canija777canija777 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Well, the company is getting what they wanted: remove AD from the game. Next step: invoking.
  • Options
    fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    LMAO

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Wasn't this patch supposed to address the multiple attempts it took to invoke? I still had to try *at least* twice to invoke the first time on my characters, today...

Yeah... just re-read the patch notes: "Invocation will now reliably grant rewards instead of needing to attempt it several times." 9/15 Patch Notes
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
This discussion has been closed.