What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The leadership game keeps people in the game. I might have time one day a week to play the content but on the days I do not I just signed on to play the mini game and invoke. This I believe keeps people playing the game for years. If you do not have the astral diamond's in the leadership game people are going to get tired very quickly with the game because one or two days a week playing for astral diamonds and for nothing else is going to get tiresome. I have also noticed that my strong hold has suffered people are slowing down or have stopped working on the strong hold most likely to get AD because playing pvp and skirmishes over and over again are the only way to earn "AD" now. Cryptic you do not think people are going to get tired of this really fast?
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Everybody is griping about leadership - oh, leadership!! Guess what; some of us don't use it. Putting it back won't help people like me.

Maybe that makes me a dumb-HAMSTER sucker, but, seriously, it'll take forever to get it to the level where you're actually making decent AD at all without spending a buttload of dough a lot of us don't have. And the devs are saying that AD is essentially there for we who "have time rather than money." Hence, I don't give a flying pigshit about the stupid leadership nerf.

I do realize there are people out there - probably plenty - who have neither time nor money, but I'm still annoyed.
    If you want robofarming, go play farmville or something.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

Rage against the zeitgeist.

• Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2015

right in case the do not adjust the AD you get in game its hard

Agreed that normal gameplay AD accumulation should have been raised, at the very least NOT LOWERED. This would encourage players to play as the developers intend them to. I really have no idea what benefit they thought there would be by nerfing AD earning of dungeons and such.
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    I bought 15 character slots for a reason, it wasn't becuz I liked playing 15 class/combos (they don't have that many) it was the fact that with the 2 other packs I bought from cryptic (hero of the north and dragonborn) you get account wide bonuses and you also get to trade AD between your characters for free... Leveling up Leadersh!t was nice since I could have an "alt" army that when I was bored with my main guy (HR - archery build) I could enjoy the game with one of my many other alts. But keeping leadership going daily with a tiny effort on my part I could get get some AD to buy some decent gear to level up more. But now I don't even have the will to login to claim my VIP key.

Anyway I can demand a refund? I feel like I was ripped off.
  • Options
    teatew said:

Anyway I can demand a refund? I feel like I was ripped off.

You've already benefited from your army.
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    deathbeez said:

Went to WoD and found a single instance with a dragon run, and couldn't get an invite--during peak play time.
    Dread Legion skirm, got 3 afkers in a row, and since you can't kick with anything on the ground, I just gave up.
    My VIP isn't giving me squat in the skirmish runs. I thought it was like 3k without the bonus, I'm not even getting 2k, the first 2 runs. One as 1.7, the other was 1.9. Epic fail on me for buying that.

I just found out today you have to walk over dead bosses bodies in dungeons. Can't astral diamonds have an icon/picture or something since they're the most important aspect of the game since launch? Is this the same for skirmishes?

PE is a ghost town. Me and my g/f would sit up on the garden balcony and see if anyone would walk by down there. Like 1 every 20 minutes. They're all in strongholds working on their 100 million AD boons, right? How they paying for it.
    My guild chat is dead. Guild leader quit.

Kessel queue takes even longer, even though it's practically demanded for income since you need to get to WoD 20 minutes early to get some res stones to sell at a price-cut. Sitting on rocks 3 hours a day is awesome.

Running normal temple of the spider 12 times a day is really fun! I think I can almost do it blind-folded. Drow priestesses are kinda hot. Maybe I'll get 'dem digits after my 1,000th run. At this rate, that will be next Tuesday.

Having to jump on 'ole Blackdagger's impaled corpse for 40 AD is nothing short of hilarious. Running that legit with a 2.2k GS party is like throwing grapes at a freight train to slow it down.

Watching this game's trajectory is kind of like listening to the Howard Stern radio show back in the 90s. You don't need (or want) to be a fan, but you want to see what kind of insane sh|t is gonna happen next.

Your comment literally made my day XD

I did not had such good laugh since 5th Sept, and it was my Birthday back then. I guess Your g/f loves you at least partly for great sense of humor ;)
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    goatshark said:

Daily Quests & Hourly Events
    Previously, there were separate daily quests that, if you remembered to take them, would reward bonus AD for completing Dungeons, Skirmishes, PvP, and Foundry. Unfortunately, based on our data, far too many people either didn’t know they needed to take these quests, didn't want to go through the effort, or they simply forgot. This lead to Dungeons, Skirmishes, and PvP not rewarding as much AD as was expected in our model. On top of that, though we were expecting players to use the Foundry daily to get AD, we found the vast majority weren't doing so at all.

Speaking as a new player, it took me little to no time to find out and jump on dailies. Were I not someone who lurks the forum, I would have had no clue about your change, beyond yanking dailies away. How are players to know about this if they do not visit the forum and read patch notes? Dailies are quests, the "!" used to show up on the minimap IIRC. How is this change displayed/communicated in-game?
    goatshark said:

Let’s look at some actual numbers:

Playing Dungeons
    Old: If you picked up the daily quest, you got 3,000 AD for one dungeon. If you had your chest key, you got an additional 3,000 AD.
    New: 1. Automatically get 3,000 AD for each of the first two dungeons.

This change right here, you are now requiring people who actually put thought into remembering things to now run the content twice for the very same reward because of the lowest common denominator players who cannot be bothered with using their memories.

So "actual numbers" = twice the time & effort for the same reward. Just because others forgot to click on an NPC and accept a key? People who wanted to run the content now have to run it twice, because of people who did not want to run the content in the first place? And those people are enticed to run it more for half the reward each run because... reasons?
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This is like buying a Corvette and then GM deciding via Onstar to send a signal to disable 200HP because they have poor sales and want to generate more so we'll buy the new model Vette that has no more horsepower than the model we have now... how is what you just did to us ANY DIFFERENT???

In any fashion this seems very imoral considering money is involved.

I paid for my HEROES and Adventurers and Character slots with $$$. I've probably purchased $100 in ZEN on 8 or more occasions between my wife's and my account.

All of this was "Based on the platform YOU PROVIDED."

Then you decide to BAIT AND SWITCH that purchase.

.... doesn't this sound like something????

Like something "Wrong?"

What are you going to do for "US?"

All you did was take away with nothing in return. Sad.

Somehow people like us are seen as the problem in Neverwinter?

I've said it once, I'll say it again:
    Yes there were problems, maybe LS was OP the way it was configured from the start, maybe it needed tweaking? But what you did, that's just wrong.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Even with adjusting the price every day, a lesser lighting enchantment is just sitting there in the AH and not selling right now... and i was really lucky to get that one together.

Lockboxes hardly provide enough Trade Bars for a Coalescent Ward once per month, you need at least 7 Trade Bars for one Coalescent Ward, and all i see at the most are 1-5 Trade Bars per key.
    And since Strongholds i haven't seen a single really valuable drop from lockboxes (opened well over 120 this far).

I haven't seen a single Coalescent Ward from invoking coffers in 4 weeks by opening 10 coffers per week.

And getting AD for "playing the game" seems to be a really cruel joke too.

Funny thing about this, you can read a lot mouthing of about how easy it is to get AD in PE zone chat... but it seems those big mouths are not spending any AD on the AH.
    If it were really so easy to still make enough AD, wouldn't items also sell more regulary over the AH too?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options

This is like buying a Corvette and then GM deciding via Onstar to send a signal to disable 200HP because they have poor sales and want to generate more so we'll buy the new model Vette that has no more horsepower than the model we have now... how is what you just did to us ANY DIFFERENT???

I paid for my heroes and adventurers and character slots with $$$

Based on the platform YOU PROVIDED.

I would be scared if actually a cases were issued to Cryptic. It might really doom company. And the way You put it I admit there is a legitimate point in your argument which would require actually equal amends by your choice of form. So if you decide 'in cash' they would by law probably need to cover amend with cash >_<

But let us not get ahead ourselves!

Majority of us really love this game (I do for sure) and simply ending the company in ownership or at least causing them more financial problems won't solve much or anything at all. Game will not only be not playable: it'll cease to exist :(
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    It occurs to me that this whole fiasco that is PWE's leadership stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of basic economic principals. Namely, the erroneous notion that companies exist to make money for their employees. While it's true that doing so must an important part of any company, making that the focus is a poor business model. The focus of any business must be the creation of a desirable commodity. If you manage to do so, profits are the result. If creating a desirable product takes a back seat, customer satisfaction drops, thus desirability plummets, and thus custom, and thus profits. It's just bad business. Sadly, it's what they teach these days.

They probably think all the talk of people removing their custom is just idle bluster, but I can't imagine it is, and I can't imagine they're not seeing the consequences. Which is why I keep wondering if they're quietly and cleverly trying to can these games by hiding behind the excuse of falling profits. I can't figure why, but since STO's Iconian War expansion, I couldn't shake the creeping sense they were fast-tracking the story to end it - thus, end the game. Perhaps it's just paranoia; it certainly would be a really stupid business move, as they'd be removing entire areas of income.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• Options
    intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    i have spent the last year and a half playing neverwinter developing leadership purely because it gave me astral diamonds and now you are taking this away. sorry guys but this is the last nail in the coffin for me. i like solo play and the game has been moving inexorably away from this for some time now. i dont mind pay to play but its just got ridiculous and now you have robbed me of the few astral diamonds i could earn while offline. byeeee
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    sylkrode said:

Everybody is griping about leadership - oh, leadership!! Guess what; some of us don't use it. Putting it back won't help people like me.

Maybe that makes me a dumb-HAMSTER sucker, but, seriously, it'll take forever to get it to the level where you're actually making decent AD at all without spending a buttload of dough a lot of us don't have. And the devs are saying that AD is essentially there for we who "have time rather than money." Hence, I don't give a flying pigshit about the stupid leadership nerf.

I do realize there are people out there - probably plenty - who have neither time nor money, but I'm still annoyed.

I understand from your angle because it doesn't impact you. It takes about 3-4 months to get just to level 20 Leadership with a daily carpal tunnel clicking grind/dedication I cannot even begin to explain.... you must experience the Matrix. It cannot be explained. Fortunately you took the blue pill, we all took the RED pill and man are we pissed off.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

…Fortunately you took the blue pill, we all took the RED pill and man are we pissed off.

The big problem is they pretty much took the blue pill away, too, so we're just stuffed.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• Options
    d21e4 said:

I paid for my heroes and adventurers and character slots with $$$

Based on the platform YOU PROVIDED.

I would be scared if actually a cases were issued to Cryptic. It might really doom company. And the way You put it I admit there is a legitimate point in your argument which would require actually equal amends by your choice of form. So if you decide 'in cash' they would by law probably need to cover amend with cash >_<

But let us not get ahead ourselves!

Majority of us really love this game (I do for sure) and simply ending the company in ownership or at least causing them more financial problems won't solve much or anything at all. Game will not only be not playable: it'll cease to exist :(
    I love it too that's why i'm outraged. If the company I supported all this time turns around and steals from me it really ticks me off. I've already posted in this thread the ARC transaction of $100 last Thursday to buy 10 Heroes when I saw them at a low price NOT KNOWING they were down in price because of this nerf. I feel so ripped off and there is nothing I can do in this virtual world of Micro-Transaction ripoffs.

I am wiser because of it. Lesson learned. I'll vote with my wallet going forward. I don't care how awesome a mount they come out with or companion I just dont care they'll never see a penny from me again.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I understand from your angle because it doesn't impact you. It takes about 3-4 months to get just to level 20 Leadership with a daily carpal tunnel clicking grind/dedication I cannot even begin to explain.... you must experience the Matrix. It cannot be explained. Fortunately you took the blue pill, we all took the RED pill and man are we pissed off.

As someone with 15 toons with Leadership at 25 I can only say AMEN to that sentence. And yet zone chat says it's "AD on silver platter"... if it is: why did they avoid it?

That being said: problem is more fundamental. As @Sylkrode said: principle of company seems to be switched in weird direction. It's not like it was that way from beginning. I would say the tides started to turn about 7-8 months ago.

Back in the past I would boast that NWO is a true F2P game where with enough skill or insane tenacity You could gain ANYTHING! Not as a spender but a true gamer. Be it Merchant, Workshopper or Grinder. Now... honestly I would lie saying any of those lines.

I love it too that's why i'm outraged. If the company I supported all this time turns around and steals from me it really ticks me off. I've already posted in this thread the ARC transaction of $100 last Thursday to buy 10 Heroes when I saw them at a low price NOT KNOWING they were down in price because of this nerf. I feel so ripped off and there is nothing I can do in this virtual world of Micro-Transaction ripoffs.

I am wiser because of it. Lesson learned. I'll vote with my wallet going forward. I don't care how awesome a mount they come out with or companion I just dont care they'll never see a penny from me again.

Yep, I can understand and it seems that even French server began revolution. Situation is dire. Since plan seem to backfired and simply hundreds either quit or declared not paying ever penny again.

Let us hope that there will be a positive reaction. That being said: as some say: the player base won't get repaired so easily. Many people feel just like You betrayed and many serious gamers are people of uncanny honor so they quit and getting back now will hurt their pride. Sadly I speak not about everyday brats but good and experienced players.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    d21e4 said:

As someone with 15 toons with Leadership at 25 I can only say AMEN to that sentence. And yet zone chat says it's "AD on silver platter"... if it is: why did they avoid it?

That being said: problem is more fundamental. As @Sylkrode said: principle of company seems to be switched in weird direction. It's not like it was that way from beginning. I would say the tides started to turn about 7-8 months ago.

Back in the past I would boast that NWO is a true F2P game where with enough skill or insane tenacity You could gain ANYTHING! Not as a spender but a true gamer. Be it Merchant, Workshopper or Grinder. Now... honestly I would lie saying any of those lines.
    Yep! I'm a solo player like a lot of players here mentioned... doing repeat skirmishs and dungeons just never appealed to me. Levelling toons with my wife was actually just more fun for us. It got more fun the more twinked we could make the toons.... levelling a guy with Dragonbone items with Perfect Vorpal etc... and Rank7s in all the slots was just so much fun for us. THAT was the part of the game I enjoyed. All our AD generated with Leadership just fed our own uses... no botting, no working the AH or using our financial power to try and control anything... it just gave us options to buy what we wanted. And when I spent my AD I didn't have ANY ISSUES AT ALL throwing Cryptic/PW another $100 where necessary. That's what really urks me.

And the thing is I dont get the comments Scott made about wanting to reward players that spent time PLAYING.... Isn't levelling guys to max levell and raising a profession PLAYING????

• Options
    edited September 2015

.... Isn't levelling guys to max levell and raising a profession PLAYING????

I really wouldn't say so, actually. This isn't a game built around that profession system (thank GOD): it's a fantasy RPG; playing means taking your character out there and kicking HAMSTER, not futzing around in some little window assigning tasks to faceless little robots somewhere in the ether.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• Options
    sylkrode said:

I really wouldn't say so, actually. This isn't a game built around that profession system (thank GOD): it's a fantasy RPG; playing means taking your character out there and kicking HAMSTER, not futzing around in some little window assigning tasks to faceless little robots somewhere in the ether.

Yet few minutes in this window a day could after long time give us liberty to do what we want, play as we want not in dire need of much grind. I think it was like rewarding a loyal players with possibility to do some actual RP and not feel left out or harmed. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    d21e4 said:

Yet few minutes in this window a day could after long time give us liberty to do what we want, play as we want not in dire need of much grind. I think it was like rewarding a loyal players with possibility to do some actual RP and not feel left out or harmed. :(

Still, we're no longer being adequately rewarded for our HAMSTER-kicking. This model leaves everyone out.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User

This change might not affect everyone, but I guarantee ones they have in the works will eventually affect everyone in a negative manner, even ones who continue to spend their hard earned money.

Actually, this change really does affect everyone. Unless you want NW to be a solo game
    sylkrode said:

Technically it does affect everyone. I know 2 guilds that I'm in went belly up. Friends list is completely empty.

Here's the BIG problem. Leadership took months to get to 25 and months of resources to get effective. It was essentially only something longer term players could benefit from (since it took months to develop). As such, it also kept those very same players in the game. Without it they all said fkit and left.

As others have noticed, the game is a ghost town and now dead. As anyone in sales knows 30% of 100,000 is better than 90% of 100. So even if they get the remaining player base to buy zen (which is pretty doubtful considering the loss of faith everyone has), they are still going to get less money than they got before, due to the huge loss of players.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ashnvf said:

Technically it does affect everyone. I know 2 guilds that I'm in went belly up. Friends list is completely empty.

Here's the BIG problem. Leadership took months to get to 25 and months of resources to get effective. It was essentially only something longer term players could benefit from (since it took months to develop). As such, it also kept those very same players in the game. Without it they all said fkit and left.

As others have noticed, the game is a ghost town and now dead. As anyone in sales knows 30% of 100,000 is better than 90% of 100. So even if they get the remaining player base to buy zen (which is pretty doubtful considering the loss of faith everyone has), they are still going to get less money than they got before, due to the huge loss of players.

That's true... I'm afraid the only way they can fix this is rolling back this change 100% now - which is highly doubtful, and even if they did, many of those players who left won't come back anyway. They may have just committed suicide with this move. It might be the only way they can bail the boat out now is go all PT Barnham and snag a whole new generation of suckers. Which might work - untll they have another "great idea."

LUNACY.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    sylkrode said:

That's true... I'm afraid the only way they can fix this is rolling back this change 100% now - which is highly doubtful, and even if they did, many of those players who left won't come back anyway. They may have just committed suicide with this move.

Well many won't All of my active 16 goo friends seemed to be rather angry about whole thing an left with not much passion for game remaining. I imagine that majority of long time players who left were similar. I'm oddball here, possibly a m-side person. I can cope with even worst change and keep playing as long as it at least reminds playable thing. But most of people who play game for long time get the gamer mentality and once they feel betrayed and quit then it's like divorce. They don't even mention the game as it feels awkward. Much less think of getting back T_T
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

I have NEVER, in all my time spent in the Neverwinter community (circa 2011), seen something this bad.

How does a Dev come in, drop an announcement like he did and then DISAPPEAR?

I am wise enough to know he didnt make those decisions, the Neverwinter community will NEVER MEET THOSE THAT DID.

So Strum, what do we say to the DECENT, PAYING (over several years) Neverwinter folk to keep them happy and playing?

We will have a guild meeting in two days. I need some pearls of wisdom, a Cryptic PLAN, so I can give members of the guild I founded a REASON to be PATIENT.

For that matter, why not give us ALL A REASON?

As others have noticed, the game is a ghost town and now dead.

1 friend showing on my list / 135 Guild membership we average 20 usually at this time of night - I've spent the last half hour alone in Guild chat - some Guildings reporting log-in errors [US & UK based players]

To echo Aandre - what do I tell my Guildsters ?

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    lestylolestylo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    And on top of all this, pvp still has balance issues, pve still has balance issues, The Foundry is still with issues, and then there the usual bugs that exist but never seem to get fixed. I should not be surprised to see Cryptic making a mess like this since it mirrors the mess that they made in Champions before jumping to this game but goodness gracious, you'd think they'd learn a thing or two during that.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    lestylo said:

And on top of all this, pvp still has balance issues, pve still has balance issues, The Foundry is still with issues, and then there the usual bugs that exist but never seem to get fixed. I should not be surprised to see Cryptic making a mess like this since it mirrors the mess that they made in Champions before jumping to this game but goodness gracious, you'd think they'd learn a thing or two during that.

Learning? ... What is that? It is not registered in PWE's vocabulary banks.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

This discussion has been closed.