test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    sylkrode said:

That's true... I'm afraid the only way they can fix this is rolling back this change 100% now - which is highly doubtful, and even if they did, many of those players who left won't come back anyway. They may have just committed suicide with this move.

Well many won't All of my active 16 goo friends seemed to be rather angry about whole thing an left with not much passion for game remaining. I imagine that majority of long time players who left were similar. I'm oddball here, possibly a m-side person. I can cope with even worst change and keep playing as long as it at least reminds playable thing. But most of people who play game for long time get the gamer mentality and once they feel betrayed and quit then it's like divorce. They don't even mention the game as it feels awkward. Much less think of getting back T_T
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

I have NEVER, in all my time spent in the Neverwinter community (circa 2011), seen something this bad.

How does a Dev come in, drop an announcement like he did and then DISAPPEAR?

I am wise enough to know he didnt make those decisions, the Neverwinter community will NEVER MEET THOSE THAT DID.

So Strum, what do we say to the DECENT, PAYING (over several years) Neverwinter folk to keep them happy and playing?

We will have a guild meeting in two days. I need some pearls of wisdom, a Cryptic PLAN, so I can give members of the guild I founded a REASON to be PATIENT.

For that matter, why not give us ALL A REASON?

Technically it does affect everyone. I know 2 guilds that I'm in went belly up. Friends list is completely empty.

As others have noticed, the game is a ghost town and now dead.

1 friend showing on my list / 135 Guild membership we average 20 usually at this time of night - I've spent the last half hour alone in Guild chat - some Guildings reporting log-in errors [US & UK based players]

To echo Aandre - what do I tell my Guildsters ?

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• lestylolestylo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    And on top of all this, pvp still has balance issues, pve still has balance issues, The Foundry is still with issues, and then there the usual bugs that exist but never seem to get fixed. I should not be surprised to see Cryptic making a mess like this since it mirrors the mess that they made in Champions before jumping to this game but goodness gracious, you'd think they'd learn a thing or two during that.
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    lestylo said:

And on top of all this, pvp still has balance issues, pve still has balance issues, The Foundry is still with issues, and then there the usual bugs that exist but never seem to get fixed. I should not be surprised to see Cryptic making a mess like this since it mirrors the mess that they made in Champions before jumping to this game but goodness gracious, you'd think they'd learn a thing or two during that.

Learning? ... What is that? It is not registered in PWE's vocabulary banks.
    If you want robofarming, go play farmville or something.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

Rage against the zeitgeist.

• tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    sylkrode said:

.... Isn't levelling guys to max levell and raising a profession PLAYING????

I really wouldn't say so, actually. This isn't a game built around that profession system (thank GOD): it's a fantasy RPG; playing means taking your character out there and kicking HAMSTER, not futzing around in some little window assigning tasks to faceless little robots somewhere in the ether.
    I was really referring to the levelling guys to 60... this was gaming.

The part most dont comment on is it's way more than just sitting there all day in the Gateway... just clicking.

If you wanted to do LS right you needed 9 slots opened up. It was FAR more than just levelling LS to 25, heck I was happy to get X guys to 20, then the bombshell it was expanded to 25 and WE JUST GOT DONE WITH THAT GRIND THANK YOU.... how long have we been 25 maybe 1 or 2 months??? LOL

Just to get the 9 slots was a pain aside from the 1-25 LS grind.

So in short:
    Level a guy to 60
    Get 3 Professions to 20
    Get Leadership to 20

"(Ridiculous Work) * X"

HEHEH.... LOL

And YEP I agree this should be a game about kicking HAMSTER with fantasy guys but low and behold nothing rare drops, nothing can be farmed, there are no rewards or surprises, NOTHING.

Who wants to grind out the same Skirmishes/PVP/and a whopping 3 dungeons (wow)....

For what amounts to next to ridiculously laughable AD rewards compared to the cost structure set in the game.

Strongholds???? OMG.
    edited September 2015
    My guild has a Ventrilo server, and the two head honchos are holed up in the admin channel. Clearly, some serious HAMSTER is going down in Ancient Propaganda.

Well, maybe if the game survives the week, I'll be able to get one of the Phase Spiders in the guild's bank. Or maybe all three. That would be cool. Assuming there's anyone left to move me up some ranks.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User

So "actual numbers" = twice the time & effort for the same reward. Just because others forgot to click on an NPC and accept a key? People who wanted to run the content now have to run it twice, because of people who did not want to run the content in the first place? And those people are enticed to run it more for half the reward each run because... reasons?

Reasons?
    Bots of course!
  • qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I like these changes. You're able to earn more AD this way.
  • ladyelaine112ladyelaine112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    I have been playing NW since June 2013. Waited til it was no longer Beta. Since that June, I have played consistently (daily :blush: ). I was entertained and met other players while delving into my first MMORPG. That it was free to play (at the beginning) was an added incentive. I have gradually learned some of the ropes to online gaming. I still think it is quite fun. But I think my days of play are over (hope not), for this is turning into a badly run "gambling venture." My Zen is spent, I believe, wisely on entertainment, that allows me the satisfaction of progressing through the content (love buying fashion wear, but end up buying life scrolls). My AD is my way of sustaining a level (although still very moderate) of ability to enjoy and have others enjoy group gaming as well. That said, you gave me the character slots (so hard to pick a favorite class, I want to play them all . . . and play them well). You have given me the avenue of creating AD (besides the Zen I spend, ty hubby, it is on your credit card, but then you get the game credit for it lol) through professions. Now, you are saying a whole lot about how removing AD acquired by tasks in leadership will so improve the game. I am sorry to hear this. I am so glad that you are not in charge of the U.S. Federal Reserve. Simple economics do start with supply and demand, however complex economics goes into how that exchange is achieved.

I am not even going to go into all the reasons why taking away the acquiring of AD through leadership is a bad idea. Many posts already address that and much better than I. However the way the game is set up and the cost involved is hardly even discussed. You are just coming up with a great plan and . . .

Your note on this really does not inform us at all about how we are to progress in the game as is, it only says that this is an update on changes that you have already decided that you are implementing. Really? An update? Or is it just more cuts? I feel more like this is the scene where Ripley says to Ashe that (the beacon) it looks like a warning. And like Ashe, you are more than willing to bypass player questions with flimsy and sometimes condescending comments. Hey, folks, it will be so much better now.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    qumi0 said:

I like these changes. You're able to earn more AD this way.

Alright, troll.

Say you love it after you need 20 GMoP and can't even afford 1-2.

edited September 2015
    Some of these posts look disturbingly suspicious... they may be flooding the zone with false satisfaction. If that is so, it won't fix their losses.

This seems to be escalating quickly now.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

edited September 2015

I have been playing NW since June 2013. Waited til it was no longer Beta. Since that June, I have played consistently (daily :blush: ). I was entertained and met other players while delving into my first MMORPG. That it was free to play (at the beginning) was an added incentive. I have gradually learned some of the ropes to online gaming. I still think it is quite fun. But I think my days of play are over (hope not), for this is turning into a badly run "gambling venture." My Zen is spent, I believe, wisely on entertainment, that allows me the satisfaction of progressing through the content (love buying fashion wear, but end up buying life scrolls). My AD is my way of sustaining a level (although still very moderate) of ability to enjoy and have others enjoy group gaming as well. That said, you gave me the character slots (so hard to pick a favorite class, I want to play them all . . . and play them well). You have given me the avenue of creating AD (besides the Zen I spend, ty hubby, it is on your credit card, but then you get the game credit for it lol) through professions. Now, you are saying a whole lot about how removing AD acquired by tasks in leadership will so improve the game. I am sorry to hear this. I am so glad that you are not in charge of the U.S. Federal Reserve. Simple economics do start with supply and demand, however complex economics goes into how that exchange is achieved.

I am not even going to go into all the reasons why taking away the acquiring of AD through leadership is a bad idea. Many posts already address that and much better than I. However the way the game is set up and the cost involved is hardly even discussed. You are just coming up with a great plan and . . .

Your note on this really does not inform us at all about how we are to progress in the game as is, it only says that this is an update on changes that you have already decided that you are implementing. Really? An update? Or is it just more cuts? I feel more like this is the scene where Ripley says to Ashe that (the beacon) it looks like a warning. And like Ashe, you are more than willing to bypass player questions with flimsy and sometimes condescending comments. Hey, folks, it will be so much better now.

Another good and firmly put with some arguments feedback. Sadly I see no constructive or logical or even mathematically correct answers on other side... I just hope You won't quit! We lost way to many good ol' player since yesterday. Not mention that not many beters beside some Guildmasters did not leave. We need to remain, somehow or it is lost cause.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    At the moment, you can't even play anymore.
    Server not responding every few moments.

This is just perfect, removing all AD from LS without any compensation or change to the overall AD system, or even improving the LS tasks, and when the [censored] hits the fan, let the players deal with the fallout.

How about coming up with some real updates to this whole mess?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited September 2015
    d21e4 said:

We need to remain, somehow or it is lost cause.

Agreed, but it may be too late already. I hope not, I hope to God they make the fastest and biggest reversal in corperate history ... but it may be too late.

This is escalating now.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• therealsonglordtherealsonglord Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    We’re going to be making a number of changes, all of which should increase the amount of AD most players earn in a given day.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

My daily Astral Diamond income has "increased" from ~20,000 per day among my three characters (not the 50+ that you for some reason allow) to ZERO! I have no time in the course of a given day to add 15 minute skirmishes, 45 minute dungeons or one-sided PVP matches that always end with the message NO REWARDS. My only viable way to accumulate AD within available time constraints came from competing leadership tasks while I attempted to grind the necessary repetitions required for level advancement. You have taken that from me.

Solo player perception of your comment is that you allow ridiculous numbers of alt armies and bots to control your game economy, at the expense of solo players that are in it for the love of the game and not profit takers. If your actions are the only way that you can control your own game economy, say so. Do not lie to the legitimate players in order to justify your actions.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Hope Scott Shicoff has a wizard's hat and a 1000% speed mount. Cause these fixes need to come out... like... NOW..?

He'll proly just fix the dungeons rewarding you with less than advertised anyway... You'll still have to grind twice as long for the old reward.....

Oh, and GMoP are still unobtainable for the little guy.
    edited September 2015
    cdnbison said:

Nero fiddled. Caesar just got a bunch of knives in his back. ;-)

Sir - Caesar became a title. And I couldn't recall his name at the time, so...

Fun fact, btw: Caesar means hairy - so does Julius, if I recall... He was a doubly hairy baby, so goes the tale. Maybe that's why they needed to invent the namesake caesarian section to birth him; his hair got in the way.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The problem is that NO ONE WANTS ASTRAL DIAMONDS - except to convert it to Zen Points. Anyone buying Zen Points will spend it directly in the Zen market and not convert it to Astral Diamonds because there is no market for AD - everything of interest to spend AD on is no longer in the AH because it is all Bind on Pickup; people can't sell it; I can't buy it.

So why on earth would I trade Zen for AD when there is nothing to buy with AD except the cheap stuff that I can just earn enough AD to buy?

This is your Catch-22 Cryptic. You want to balance the economy? Then created REWARDS that people WANT, that they can SELL IN THE AH.

Then there would be some incentive to want Astral Diamonds. Then if I can't earn it fast enough I'll buy Zen and exchange it. But right now, as someone willing to buy Zen to exchange for AD to buy stuff - why would I? There's nothing interesting to buy.

Get to the root of the economic problem: Make quest rewards BETTER instead of the HAMSTER-ola that barely justifies playing at all because right now I play more for the action than the rewards that I just leave laying on the ground polluting the zone.

[edit: typos]

I have converted Zen to AD regularly. But not with the price collapsing the way it is.
    edited September 2015
    Just a nod from the devs, even a blank one from the hinkey "unknown" account would be nice. Just pretend to give a HAMSTER. Then again, if the higher-ups know what a mess they've made, it is reasonable to imagine the mother of all conference meetings is going on as we speak.

One can hope. Somebody has to be looking at the bottom line.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    sylkrode said:

Just a nod from the devs, even a blank one from the hinkey "unknown" account would be nice. Just pretend to give a HAMSTER. Then again, if the higher-ups know what a mess they've made, it is reasonable to imagine the mother of all conference meetings is going on as we speak.

One can hope.

Hear, hear. The total radio silence is really disturbing and distressing. An earth-shaking change like this really demands better communication.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited September 2015
    I need to login. I need to have some talk with my guild. I need to know what's going on in that admin channel.
    Sadly, no-one is talking. I hate this feeling... forget being out of the loop, it feels like there's no loop to be in anymore.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

hustin1 said:

Hear, hear. The total radio silence is really disturbing and distressing. An earth-shaking change like this really demands better communication.

Sadly: does not seem like it will happen. Possibly highest brass is right now pointing fingers and trying to decide who they can fire with blame for their decisions so that this loss won't make whole company stall. In second priority they might think what to do to fix things a bit (but saving themselves comes 1st)
  • sirkus1313sirkus1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    I understand some of what you were trying to do with this new AD move, but I think you are missing some vital info. Previously you changed "gear score" to "item level" I think so people wouldn't be elitists - guess what...it failed. Unless friends or guildies want to do a dungeon run, I can't even get in a group because my IL is "too low". I can sit around for an hour waiting to be qued! Now you tell me that basically the only way to get AD now is to do dungeons and skirmishes? Well, that's not going to happen with the elitists out there. All I see is "LFG 2.5k or better IL required"! I understand they want to get thru as fast as possible, but really? I've been kicked from groups because my IL isn't to their standard. SO how am I supposed to dungeons now? Just waste time sitting hoping to get qued? Spend time searching for a group of non-elitists? How will I get better gear without AD and not being "good enough" to do a dungeon? If I do this that will be all I get done. I won't have time for any other content.

Maybe the AD in leadership was a bit much, but getting rid of it completely was maybe not the answer. So now instead of taking maybe a week or so to get enough AD to buy something from AH, it could take months. Being a casual player and one who mostly solos, well I don't really have that kind of time. I guess you are trying to cater to the big guilds and those who spend actual money. I may continue playing, but only because I enjoy talking with the people I've met, it won't be because this game is fun. It used to be, but you've really killed it since MOD 6. I wish you luck in getting people to stay. I wish all the guilds luck too since getting market places requires an enourmous amount of AD. Oh, and speaking of small guilds - you've pretty much killed them as well.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I got a little bit over 2k rAD for a skirmish run right now.

First you have to wait several minutes for a full group, then do the run, which also takes some time, and in the end all you get for it are +2k rAD?

Really?

I mean come on, if you want to reward us for playing, at least throw in 1k rAD per daily quest or something like it.

I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited September 2015

I understand some of what you were trying to do with this new AD move, but I think you are missing some vital info. Previously you changed "gear score" to "item level" I think so people wouldn't be elitists - guess what...it failed. Unless friends or guildies want to do a dungeon run, I can't even get in a group because my IL is "too low". I can sit around for an hour waiting to be qued! Now you tell me that basically the only way to get AD now is to do dungeons and skirmishes? Well, that's not going to happen with the elitists out there. All I see is "LFG 2.5k or better IL required"! I understand they want to get thru as fast as possible, but really? I've been kicked from groups because my IL isn't to their standard. SO how am I supposed to dungeons now? Just waste time sitting hoping to get qued? Spend time searching for a group of non-elitists? How will I get better gear without AD and not being "good enough" to do a dungeon? If I do this that will be all I get done. I won't have time for any other content.

Maybe the AD in leadership was a bit much, but getting rid of it completely was maybe not the answer. So now instead of taking maybe a week or so to get enough AD to buy something from AH, it could take months. Being a casual player and one who mostly solos, well I don't really have that kind of time. I guess you are trying to cater to the big guilds and those who spend actual money. I may continue playing, but only because I enjoy talking with the people I've met, it won't be because this game is fun. It used to be, but you've really killed it since MOD 6. I wish you luck in getting people to stay. I wish all the guilds luck too since getting market places requires an enourmous amount of AD. Oh, and speaking of small guilds - you've pretty much killed them as well.

The disparity between larger and smaller guilds that will inevitably become an even larger issue is troubling on top of all the other issues at hand. It's a terrible mess. Running dungeons is also going to be an issue with dwindling population on top of guilds dwindling themselves.

(Mod Note: Removed comments on Moderation. Do read and abide the Rules please. Thanks!)
  • coldlyforgottencoldlyforgotten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Can Anyone explain to me why for the past few days nobody from Cryptic or Perfect World answered to any of posts on this 55 pages long discussion? It really shows how much they actually care about what the player base thinks about their ridiculous update.
    Sure this game is free to play and they have the right to do anything they want but the 1 million dollar question is why destroy a game that provides company with very decent income?
    Guess we will never get to know.
    Have fun playing if you can live with this kind of business model.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Cryptic's staff popped smoked and dropped artillery. That is... they are conducting a retrograde maneuver... or, in other words, they're hiding in a hole waiting for us to stop shooting at them. Once everyone quiets down, they can get back to finding more ways to squeeze more money out of players while telling you the change is to fix something. I mean, they're not lying I guess - it's to fix falling revenues, and maybe to fix the fact the bosses need to get themselves into new 2016 BMWs... I mean, the 2015s are so..... this year.
    edited September 2015
    Given current context and that which may not be discussed, it may not be possible to continue discourse on this thread in a permissible manner.

Listen, I sound like an English professor or something. Or a man from the nineteenth century. I do consider myself a gentleman, and a certain degree of eloquence/elocution is a part of being such an individual.

Or a dork. I'm comfortable with that, too.

ARE WE PERFECTLY CLEAR?

kvet said:

Cryptic's staff popped smoked and dropped artillery. That is... they are conducting a retrograde maneuver... or, in other words, they're hiding in a hole waiting for us to stop shooting at them. Once everyone quiets down, they can get back to finding more ways to squeeze more money out of players while telling you the change is to fix something. I mean, they're not lying I guess - it's to fix falling revenues, and maybe to fix the fact the bosses need to get themselves into new 2016 BMWs... I mean, the 2015s are so..... this year.

They are probably under the impression that the next module will somehow fix everything, all the while ignoring how much bad sentiment and PR they are creating through all of this and the manner in which they are handling our concerns. Yet if larger mmos can't be saved by a shiny new module, what hopes does Neverwinter have? Another reason why the manner in which they are not only handling all the issues they have before them but handling how people comment on this issue is not only terrible but the most counter-intuitive and counterproductive thing I have ever encountered in a long while. I went from being willing to not buying anything but still playing to now getting ready to uninstall the game. Messing up ADs, messing with the foundry community, strongholds, I don't see why one should bother at this point.
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User

Crazy suggestion, these changes have come about because AD is too valuable, you need to devalue the currency so I suggest

1. triple the price limit of AD in the zen to AD exchange, it's currently maxed at 500 AD per Zen, change that to a Max of 1500 AD per Zen
    2. lower the price of items in the Wondrous Bazaar, drop the prices to 10% of the current prices and people will buy these things
    3. Open up the old dungeons and make all gear bind on equip, that will get things moving in the exchange as people can run dungeons for fun and profit, not to mention encouraging people to take part in the new stronghold events as they can purchase the newer gear and not be a burden on their team for not having BIS gear

The problem right now is that because it costs so much to do anything with AD people are hoarding it, I promoted one (1) companion to epic quality, but the cost is prohibitive so I won't be doing that again, same with improving mounts. The basic cost of doing anything with AD is too darn high!

P.S. give back the AD to leadership tasks, without it it's as pointless as all the other professions

Dude. 500 Ad per Zen is devalued. Consider that you can only refine 24000 Ad per day. That's 48 Zen per day... if you can hit the cap. AND if you raise the Ad to Zen, THEN you raise the buying power of Zen in game.

Which then makes it MUCH cheaper from a cash standpoint to buy stuff in game. Not going to happen my man.

i like your idea on drops, but again, not going to happen. The trend in NW is to bind everything to a toon, and only that toon, which forces you to either spend cash or grind the hell out of said toon to get the toon to a point where it's actually dangerous.
This discussion has been closed.