test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I'm very, very serious about not spending another dime of my cash on this game if they do not have a serious way to replace 'adequate' AD from professions. What they have spelled out is not enough...

Thursday is 'D-Day' for me and then I will go on the offensive...you don't mess with people's hard earned money and I think they underestimate the demographics that play this game; we are not children.

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    They don't care guys. This will go live on Thursday and that will be it.

Maybe there will be tweaks here and there but I'm 100% sure all things done will be done poorly, certainly not the way that they should.

Just when we all thought things are being better, we did get a bit more communication with the devs' there was a steady stream of good changes coming on the preview we were hit by this! lol B)

There were so many good & reasonable ideas given by the community in this thread. And yet not a single response for few days. They don't care, as long as you folks are paying for your VIP's/Coal's'Ruby's and stuff - THEY do NOT care >:)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • spock2410spock2410 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Here is a idea..Rather then be like the gvmnt and take from the ppl instead of realy fix the problem due to a few losers ....Make it so ARC recognizes the MAC and that way u cant have more then one game running at a time. Ip wont ork seing whole famalies play the game off same modem but having mac recognized to only allow one login to game from same pc is best I wont go into detail of how to do this im just saying FIX ARC seeing Steam already has that. To have more than one account open at ame time is what the bot scumbags do. This will hurt them more then leadership change. alot more.also disable the command line and guess what u can then keep ad inleadership. as far as gateway just dont have leadership there. Done.
  • zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Did you ever think about what all the botter problems tell about the community of this game?
    Without people willing to buy their stuff, there won't be any problem. Instead of supporting the game and buy stuff at the game store (yes, it is more expensive and some items are overpriced, but anyway), they go to third party pages to save a bit and harm this game. That is the real problem, not Cryptic, not the devs, neither anything else.
    So, instead a blaming and flaming it might be a good move to not buy at third party pages and support the game instead. :)
  • sanctifsanctif Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Hi folks,

Intro

What struck as I first entered Protector's Enclave is the rampant trash-talk. Complete lack of moderation immediately reduces the number of people I can invite by around 60% (parents with kids). Most others (a few here; some leaving) simply turn zone chat off. There goes ‘Retention System #1’.

Free2Play: Those Who Pay, Pay For Those Who Do Not Pay.

Now that is a Zen thought ;).

Instant Karma!

A notion: unchecked Gold Spamming, more than I have seen in any other of the 75+ MMORPG I have played over about 15 years, combined with prices up to 200 dollars for items in the Zenshop. You see goldsellers offer products for 20% of official prices. It does not require serious math to realize PWE is their own greatest Bot&GoldSeller-creator.
    Spamming: I see zero effect in consistently and meticulously reporting spammers. What players can and cannot see matters. Perception.
    Player retention strikes out again.

Here, the first truth about consumer products is ignored: it is much better to sell a little to a huge number of players (word-of-mouth), rather than sell exceedingly overpiced items to a select few that can and wish to afford them.
    Even then...it leaves a sour taste, both to the buyer (too much money spent) and to the others (pay to win).

Fun-factor

I have enormous fun in the actual game with its excellent combat tactics, well-designed worlds and dungeons, a good action-oriented AD&D system (which really should be explained in various tutorials) and a variety of classes that, for the first time ever in any MMORPG, I all find fun to play.
    Me, playing a tank or healer: never would have thought it!
    Is there a message in there somewhere that tells you how to proceed? I think there is.

Issues

I think the worst thing in this game is communication and the apparently complete lack of quality control. Quests that still tell you to go to dungeons that have been removed. In-game mails telling you how wonderful it is to create Foundry dungeons (I agree!). A quest telling me I need 2 level 60’s to start Artifact…and so on and so on. No self-respecting company, I mean person should stay defending a product that has no regard for itself, or its users. Miscommunication...it is all so very 90’s.

Cox: Don't you even wonder why?
    Munch: Why what?
    Cox: Why he lied.
    Munch: I'm a Homicide Detective. The only time I wonder why is when they tell me the truth.

(‘Homicide: Life on the Street’; book by David Simon)

I do not easily criticize by name but this is public knowledge: lies & half-truths, misdirection and empty promises.
    Turn around or go away, Scott. Save your soul.

I hope someone will understand the 2015 MMORPG market some time soon.
    I have already downloaded 1 ‘replacement’ title, and have another in the pipe – but I will stay around for now, see what happens. As it is, with all my effort I cannot even upgrade one artifact weapon to level 100. Which is a minimal-upgrade for level 70. It is preposteriously expensive. Dead end to character development = dead end to gameplay.

Sometimes I think that all management does is monitor people playing the game (which is not the same as playing the game) and as soon as anyone says something positive, a note is made, a report send, and this positive game element is immediately killed, only to return at some point with a grave Zen-price on it.
    Zen Sure Isn’t What It Used To Be.

Choice

So: I will offer the same multiple-choice I once offered a (very kind) publisher of Russian literature. They are statements by William Shakespeare:

What will it be, PWE/Cryptic?

a) A good conscience will make any possible satisfaction, and so would I.
    or
    b) There is no help; the bitter disposition of the time, will have it so.

Lucas aka Solar/Tales and 11 alts that together do all Professions which so far have all only cost me AD to ‘level’, while rarely if ever (apart from AD on Leadership) giving me anything useful (I like Armor Kits, but cannot afford making them while gear still changes with every 5 or 10 levels).

PS Edits by me never on content, only typo's, etc.

‘I say, there is no darkness,
    But ignorance.’
    (WS)

Post edited by sanctif on
    <

kromryl said:

Well it's Monday after a long weekend of flaming...it will be a foreboding sign if there is no communication today from our beloved Dev Team.

There will be no communication. It's no coincidence that this was announced before the weekend. It allows time for everyone to vent their collective spleens. No communication will confirm that
    Yes; as a business I expect them to address their clients by 3pm EST. That's Noon for them. Like any company I suspect there are emails ready to be read first thing this morning with enough cc's that go up the company chain.

Ignoring us is not healthy considering they want my disposable income...I have other means to spend my money.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The problem isnt one of AD generation, its that they (cryptic) set up the costing to require it.

If they reduced costing by a flat 50%-75% across the board on ALL required progression elements (boons, mats, upgrade to mounts, companions) Then the removal of AD on leadership is acceptable. Plus, remove AD on strongholds.. we cant afford to dontate that any longer!

If not.. then holy cow, no one will be able to progress in a reasonable manner.

This economy (though boundless people seem to think so) isnt a supply and demand one, simply due to the cost gating of items. Cryptic controls this cost gating for most of the important items in game, some things will be impacted cost wise, but when items cost 5 gmops even at the lowest price possible of 75k.. + rp + pres wards to make.. the lowest you can possibly list a item is controlled to a majority extent.

Removal of AD doesnt help progression, it will limit it, in addition ALTS will now be 100% thing of the past. WHO CARES about new classes, who can pay to progress them after this point.

Overall, Im VERY discouraged, not with the proposed change, but with the developers NOT DOING it right and FIXING the game in ALL aspects. STOP doing piecemeal work, players hate it and you again will probably lose a few more thousand players this week.

IF your going to announce such a dramatic change to the game, then also announce how you, the game company will fix progression cost gating at the same time.

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Does anyone else think this isn't much different than if the government were to tell you how mitch money you can make, aND then pay you less as you get closer to that amount?
    cjh1983 said:

Does anyone else think this isn't much different than if the government were to tell you how mitch money you can make, aND then pay you less as you get closer to that amount?

Holy HAMSTER; let's leave Politics out of this...

I just want them to act like a business that cares about their clients...

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    It's quite simple and written here few times already.

You want them to feel the pain? don't spend cash on the game - clear?
    We can (and will) write posts like there's no tomorrow but they just don't care !:)

Give them money and you can flame for the whole eternity !

Oh, and for the bots...here's one for you:

"...meanwhile, we look "how to bot all daily quest ingame to create AD", really bad idea for pvp/skirmish/dungeon, but I think it is what must try now... for fun and look how craptic respond to it, remove pvp/skirmish/dungeons?"

So yeah, good luck fighting bots, lmao
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Could have edited my post vs. just removing it.
    edited September 2015
    I just want my $100 back I spent to buy 10 Heros. Sorry to sound like a broken record but seriously... bait switch. Yeah $100 to support the game. I dont mind spending money on the game I like and I have done it countless times. But this is a mega smack in the face to a paying customer.

Arc order of 12500.00 ZEN from Arc 09/10/2015
    Arc Order Confirmation. Thank you for your order. Name: 12500.00 ZEN Quantity: 12500.00 ZEN Unit Price: $ 100.00 __________________________ Subtotal: $ 100.00 Total: $ 100.00 Payment Information:...

***WASTED MONEY***

I would love to see a report of $ spent by the players that are "for" the removal of AD generation vs. players that actually have leveraged Leadership.

Something tells me players that have what you call "Leadership Armies" are more likely to continue supporting the game than the freeloader that spends no money at all, nothing wrong with being a freeloader just I suspect an "envious vibe" that most of the people that dont spend a dime towards supporting the game are indeed the whiners that seem to get the most changes and nerfs in place.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    regenerde said:

If they had presented a fully worked over Leadership without AD, BUT with improved tasks, that reward the players with something usefull in return, this might have turned out a lot different too.

But at this point, all we see is the removal of the AD, the ignoring of all the feedback and nothing else.

My thoughts as well. The "bots" have apparently been an issue for two years. So instead of taking the time to rework the profession and presenting any sort of alternative rewards they rush this though with a weeks notice? Pure laziness and disrespectful to the players.

Flex Timers should already be reading these posts choking down their coffee...

edited September 2015
    rapticor said:

regenerde said:

If they had presented a fully worked over Leadership without AD, BUT with improved tasks, that reward the players with something usefull in return, this might have turned out a lot different too.

But at this point, all we see is the removal of the AD, the ignoring of all the feedback and nothing else.

My thoughts as well. The "bots" have apparently been an issue for two years. So instead of taking the time to rework the profession and presenting any sort of alternative rewards they rush this though with a weeks notice? Pure laziness and disrespectful to the players.

QFT

It's insulting as shown on preview. No thought to anything other than blindly remove the AD icons from all jobs. Leading to jobs that make no sense whatsoever like already shown here comparing the Young Noble and Elemental Cultist jobs....

Why not a random refining stone bound to account in place of that based on the required level and time duration of the job?? Something.

Normally when a company does a nerf in the scale of this one there is a sign that thought was put into it. I mean there wasn't even anything presented to us like this was coming.

This just reeks of some MBA suit looking at a report and putting down the hammer to the devs with the message "Flick the Switch" by this date!!!

Devs: "The players will hate you and rebel"

MBA: "Do it."

Devs: "With all on our plate how can we do this by then?"

Supervisor: "I guess just remove the AD from all the jobs can you do that before lunch?"

Dev: "I think so.... where do you want to go eat?"

LOL, sorry if this seems rash but you just slammed on 9 months of my life literally. I can't begin to describe the level of commitment I had to finally get X toons up to snuff with Leadership for you to turn around and just smack my efforts and support of your game aside from that.... the list goes on. We see no bugs fixed, bots addressed, or anything aside from changes that have nothing to seem to do with anything OTHER than REVENUE generation.

Fire the MBA seriously.... this guy/gal is going to be the death of NW.

• d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    The next storyline for neverwinter should be an evil force has moved in to the sword coast and has been robbing our leadership drones of their hard earned AD as they return from doing their heroic deeds. And the evil force turns out to be none other than...

Our new executive producer! Through a huge number of story based missions and dungeons we have to fight off his evil minions and rescue our AD from his clutches so we can once again return Neverwinter to the prosperity of days gone by. Unfortunately many of us won't be here to see that one.
  • gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Looks like we get Leadership back to Gateway.

I wondering that they dont FIX task because they want REMOVE all task what greatly benefits player. LEadership still grant good items like "Artifact gear Refine stones", so maybe they want FINISH process later so rework for task is time waste for them.
    regenerde said:

If they start with fixing the real bugs and game issues, they might be done at the end of this year, if they keep patches rolling in on a weekly basis... there's a lot of real work waiting to be done.

Feat, "Pushback + Arbitrary Cap" is active I see...

• canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Again, as many have said, this change has NOTHING to do with bots. Take this as an attack directed leveled at the player base and nothing more.

If they were serious about ridding us of the bots the would spend an afternoon looking at the 2100+ Ghost Story instances. Truly nobody believes that zone is that fantastic that EVERYONE in the game has to play it at the same time.

I will end this one with saying careful about what you wish for. When they remove the skill nodes from Ghost stories the price of refining will sky rocket and with the AD change NOBODY will be able to afford anything.

Since the introduction of artifact gear the game has depended on bots to produce cheap RP for the masses to even think about having affordable gear.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    They dont care because they give a sh… about forum members opinions.
    They are making cash with:
    1. poor beginners, who think is game is actually good and spend 30-40 bucks… after 2-3 months these players realize, how bad the endgame and the grind is and leave.

2. the helpless addicted cash whales, "fremium customers", who spend thousands of bucks no matter what… because they are addicted and cant help themselfes.

The rest ofthe playerbase, especially players who have the time to actually visit a forum like this, is not important. Because everyone who is not insane and has informed himself about that game (aka visitig forums and sites) will not spend money on "Bugwinter/ Neverfix" anyway.
    Cold hard truth.

Games like NWO are "fremium concepts" to milk cash from unreasonable and or clueless players.

Thats the reason why their fixing/balancing/content doesnt make sense. They just need the illusion going that this game is healthy and fun to play.
    edited September 2015
    Every one of the last recent changes seem to be under the umbrella of "because of bots" ... .ya right.... if you cared about bots there would be GMs in game building a "ban hammer" list.

Their staff is so thin that even GM tickets no matter what choice you make ends with a statement "A GM will not be contacting you" and that ticket goes to limbo. I can't even express how many tickets I have submitted for broken abilities/quests (Dread Spire reward etc, dont get me started) with no response at all. Nothing. States I created a ticket but never get an email to continue working the issue. Even a simple "Yes this is a known issue on the table" email would be "something" but when you get no feeling of support you question why do I keep giving this company money.

And now this.... just seals the deal. Why should I keep giving them money. They have broken my trust, and have shown they dont fix anything. They just create more sinks to leach your AD so you can open your wallet more frequently.

How frequent is enough I wonder?????

So I do want to close by saying "Cryptic/Perfect World... reconsider doing this change just blatantly without any planning" People dont rage like this thread if they dont love your game. It's the love of the game that has us so upset.

Please fix it.... FIX the bots, fix the issues. Stop making all the changes that insult us.

That's all we ask....

AD removal? Fine. But don't do it in a way like we are seeing on preview. There should be some place in between acceptable changes and ridiculous.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Add me to the voice of people who are disdainful of this change. While I agree with removing AD from leadership, I'm generally a solo player without a lot of excess time, and the idea that I can't get AD unless I run group content is extremely frustrating.

There should be solo quests that reward AD as well. I mean, I'll probably be fine in the long run simply due to my crafting resources, but this remains very frustrating.

They dont care because they give a sh… about forum members opinions.

They are making cash with:

1. poor beginners, who think is game is actually good and spend 30-40 bucks… after 2-3 months these players realize, how bad the endgame and the grind is and leave.

2. the helpless addicted cash whales, "fremium customers", who spend thousands of bucks no matter what… because they are addicted and cant help themselfes.

The rest ofthe playerbase, especially players who have the time to actually visit a forum like this, is not important. Because everyone who is not insane and has informed himself about that game (aka visitig forums and sites) will not spend money on "Bugwinter/ Neverfix" anyway.

Cold hard truth.

Games like NWO are "fremium concepts" to milk cash from unreasonable and or clueless players.

Thats the reason why their fixing/balancing/content doesnt make sense. They just need the illusion going that this game is healthy and fun to play.

You sir are a genius and hit the nail on the head. Why care about the long term player that spends less and less $ as they play.

New player needs/wants a mount/bags/character slots/bank slots etc. And it takes a few months to realize the state of the game before said player says WTF and leaves.

Rinse repeat.
  • teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    maybe they will just add "ident scrolls in place of AD" for leadership! weee fill all my slots with 99 stacks of id scrolls since I get so many with ViP access, I want more pieces of toilet paper! weeeeeeee

lvl 25, remove the 4k and 2k AD quests and replace with 4 and 2 stacks of 99 identification scrolls! lol
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    So Enough is Enough!

You want to Remove all AD of Leadership than REMOVE also Piercing dmg from Game-
    (i don't care anymore about leadership cuz im more than tired for SE)

TR do Nothing than just Run stealth and press 1x button, Insta 80k 90k 100k DMG for FREE-
    for one single Daily-

there no way to defend myself with that amount of DMG-

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    IMO the dev team is clearly clueless on this sorry but I've been playing MMO's for over a decade and the one thing I can tell you that every update they put in to "stop" botters" has been tried in some fashion in every game out there and fails miserbly...bout the only thing it does accomplish well is hurting the legit players. Remember the enchanted key change or the coal wards from trade bars....changed to bind on pickup/account in an effort to stop botters...which frankly did diddly squat.

Let me be clear your census data is faulty when you believe you have a healthy game or that botters are its main problem...the blame can be squarely left at the feet of the dev team now and in the past for failing to listen to the community.

AD sinks need to be removed period. Not reduced removed. Replacement of the lost ad in leadership needs to be replaced with something worth the effort...heres a thought or two (dragon eggs, gmops, coal or pres wards). For the players that dont run dungeons campaign quests should reward a realistic not moronic amount of AD. SH needs a god darn rework on material costs across the board (btw wheres a weekly quest to reward coffer donations for that one?).

Insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...aka the proverbial botter fixes.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Just one more thing:
    The AD bots and the RP bots are actually HELPING the whole playerbase.

"Wow that dude is insane" you now think.

But think again. NWO is not a free market and its oeconomic mechanics. There are fixed prices, oeconomical axioms:

1. GMPOs prices, WB prizes, and AD upgrading costs (transmutes, boons, kits…)
    2. refinment points needed for Artifacts, enchantments, strongholds …

Again, these are FIX costs no matter what.
    AD botters and rp botter actually helping the playerbase by generating masses of such FIXED priced items.

Example:
    Situation A: Current state, you run a dungeon or HE and get a very rare drop. Its selling in the AH for 2000kk, because people with LS armies / bots can afford that price.
    You sell and net 1800kk = 18 GMOPs

Situation B: Proposed state by the devs, ADs are very limited currency for whatever reason (for example even by activly fighting bots with GMs). Your drop sells for 200k because no botters or LS armies providing the inflating AD incomes.
    You sell and net 180k = not even two GMOPs

Conclusion: with the fixed prices the bots are HELPING the community to progress faster. They also help that players can actually PLAY the game rather clicking 10000000 times on a skill node or in the gateway to achive something.

The main problem is: THERE IS NO CONTENT TO RUN THAT DROPS ANYTHING VALUEABLE or PROFITABLE.
    In actuality over the course of 12 months everything profitable while playing the game was NERFED.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    :'( I spoke to soon...
  • palad1n2palad1n2 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    And where is the AD to purchase those valuables going to come from? People are always going to want the most for what they try to sell and now with AD being nerfed so hard it will take longer to sell and you will get less for it. Yet the prices to upgrade your toon are likely to stay the same.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    On a side note, AD from PvP was 4k the trade of blades daily+4k the Rhix daily= 8k for 4 games with 1 win.
    Now it's 4k for 2 games and then X more matches to cap 7k AD.

Also: Leadership experience gain on the character should scale with level and, at level 70, give a NOTICEABLE contribution to reaching the cap for reward. Considering it's in the order of 700k exp+ for reward, each lvl 25 task that takes 1 day to complete or 16h+, should reward a % of total experience needed. Should be at least 5% of total experience needed to fill the "level".

Which means, you complete 3x16h+ tasks, you get 15% of the total experience needed. Now Leadership would be woth it to speed up the reward process/ filling up of the exp meter.

Also, as stated other times:

Make campaign completions account wide. Seriously.
    It's overall an insane amount of time needed to farm all the boons. The Zen market items unlock them only on 1 toon and cost 50$ worth of money. Are you insane devs?

Creating alts to "play the game as intended", as you say, means double gear, refarm ALL the campaigns. And the ToD last boons cost A LOT.
    It's insane to even think about collecting boons again on multiple toons or spend what, 150$ of zen ON EACH TOON to get the campaigns completed.

Now, consider how hard it is to gear up and refine stuff on just one toon. Creating alts would now be useless. Who would ever do it and why?
    You are forced to keep them in a mediocre state cause developing more than one toon in this game is insane unless you are some rich dude or exploiter with billions of AD stored.

Now, the way i see it, it should work this way:

guy with time/ old player: complete campaigns on main toon, gets them unlocked/ completed on all alts he creates.
    guy with money but no time: can buy zen store campaigns and unlock them/ complete them on all the toons, account wide.

Also, as stated other times, armor and weapon enchants are so expensive that you cannot really think about gearing up more than one toon unless you're one of the few whales going around.
    An easy solution would be to create an NPC that allows you to get for free a Bound on Character weapon/ armor enchant of the same grade of a "regular" one you have on the account.
    Which means, if i have a greater armor and greater weapon enchant on my main toon, when i create new toons i can get them, for free, a BoP greater armor/ weapon enchant of choice.
    Such enchants should be "linked" to the original one, and disappear if you sell the original enchant. Which means: i sell my greaters, all the BoP free enchants disappear. I buy/ craft another enchant, i can go to the NPC and get again a BoP enchant of the same grade on each of my alts.

Do these changes and players might have a reason to play your game. Being able to play more classes, more races, being able to enjoy the content.

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Finally AD gets removed from Leadership, FINALLY.
    Really happy about this. Of course more has to be done, Foundry and Heroic Encounters should give AD too, but at least the alt armies can go F emselves now and the playing field is a bit more leveled.

Ok. Now then, what is the use for alts?
    You create an alt. Then you need to re-gear it after gearing up your main, or continuously switch enchants each time you switch toon, leading to a sh*tload of gold spent and a tiresome way of switching toons.
    Also, you need to re-farm the same campaigns again and again and spend AD again and again to get the boons again on each toon.

Unless you're happy with a boon-less, 2k iLvL toon, there's no way a sane player would ever consider creating alts. If they leave things like this, they can as well disable the option to create multiple toons cause there's literally no point in doing it unless you decide to drop your old class for a new class, entirely.

Changes might be ok but exp from leadership must be NOTICEABLE and a real boost to how fast you get the exp rewards, and the game must become more "alt-friendly".
This discussion has been closed.