test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The PuG PvP Channel

124»

Comments

• pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    So,, I've given this some space...although, I have been keeping an eye on it. I'll say that I agree with Icy, this can be a double edged sword.

My intent while bringing this idea forward was for novice pvpers to control their competition, to create a bracket for themselves so to speak.

In-house matches is how this is accomplished. Premades are fine but would simply be another incantation of what's already out there.

If folks want to avoid Premades and the various other things that were complained about for a very VERY long time, fight each other...

Don't let this channel go the wrong direction
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well... to address the concerns,

I am looking into the interest of the 45+ members of the channel and making of Instructional I-house matches and regular in-house matches. Considering that the most I have seen on at one time was about 1/3 of the members... I have found it hard to open up the dialog.

So I will propose it here...

Starting next week I would like to schedule a standing time where we will commence with the Dom premade in-house matches. So I am asking here... what days works for most people? We will be using Team Speak for this effort. Not every person needs to use TS, but as many as possible need to have access to it so we can sync the matches.

Each team will have a leader... that will help me sync the matches. I will not always be able to enter the matches... but that would not and should not deter the rest of you from enjoying a deliberate environment.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    drkbodhi said:

Well... to address the concerns,

I am looking into the interest of the 45+ members of the channel and making of Instructional I-house matches and regular in-house matches. Considering that the most I have seen on at one time was about 1/3 of the members... I have found it hard to open up the dialog.

So I will propose it here...

Starting next week I would like to schedule a standing time where we will commence with the Dom premade in-house matches. So I am asking here... what days works for most people? We will be using Team Speak for this effort. Not every person needs to use TS, but as many as possible need to have access to it so we can sync the matches.

Each team will have a leader... that will help me sync the matches. I will not always be able to enter the matches... but that would not and should not deter the rest of you from enjoying a deliberate environment.​​

Awsome!

• osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Actually, that is a nice idea. I hope this channel gets established.

If you are interested in getting someone from a pvp guild into that channel, tell mel. I can offer some advise for HR.

Btw. "The pvp guilds" are not farming glory in dom against pugs… at least I cant imagine why someone would do that. GG pvp is much more fun and effective for that.
    edited September 2015
    It is in the beginning stages and we have over 45 members.

We have quite a few members who are in PvP guilds... for one reason or another. Mostly I think it is because of the camaraderie... and the desire to make a difference.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    Would you mind sending me an invite?
    Will do but it is set up so anyone can join just by using the command "channel_join OfficialPuGPvP". Just type that into the chat window... and voila.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Ok, i have waited a bit with my comment, cause @drkbodhi is my Friend and i didn't wanted to hurt any feelings, but i see 2 big problems with gaining more support for our cause- at the moment:

1. The Lack of Publicity.

Since we are only able to spread the word here on Forums and at our private guild Forums only, it takes long time to get the message to the folks out there. Many former players aren't as active as they were here on Forums for obvious reasons and to be honest guild forums aren't read by that many guildies at all.

It would help, if anybody in charge, like Andy would promote our cause, but nor he, nor anybody from game staff will, cause they don't want to advertise the broken PVP we got in game, it would shy away many of course and isn't good PR wise too.

2. The Community.

Sadly many big PVP guilds don't see the woods from the tree and don't get that they are digging their own graves too by emptying PVP battlefields with continuous PUG slaughter and many PUGs are simply burnt out, the ones who enter PVP mostly come for the daily AD and/or glory to equip their toons and don't care anymore.

It would take a lot of effort and official support to change the situation fast, we can only hope, that the word spreads around slowly, but surely and will reach as many as we can get this way to be able to play decent matches.

All together i still see a lot of future in this little "underground movement", but it takes more time for a wasted little flower to grow by its own.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

To make a correction, if you don't mind. It is not entire guilds, per se, that are doing this. I see it as the actions of a few people who feel it is their right to reap the lower level players because they can. When this game is all dried up, PvP-wise, these players will head off to other games and do the same thing. This happens in almost every MMO that has PvP and it is unavoidable. Almost as unavoidable as spammers and bots. They defile that one thing until it is a worthless husk.

This goes back to the "Virus" line from the Matrix.

Yes, in these "dark days" we as a COMMUNITY... because that is what we are... need to talk about this awesome community with others. Granted, I am so focused in matches that I don't advertise it when I can, that will be changing. I will also be posting a 'cookie cutter' recruitment ad to cut and paste when we can.

If you look in my original few posts... that I asked that this be made a 'sticky'. I may reach out again... personally and make the request again.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited September 2015
    Maybe there is a way for you to advertise this in General Discussion that won't get it moved here(wording)...

It would be seen by quite a few more folks that don't travel here but still get a few matches in from time to time.
    edited September 2015
    I had thought about that... but I think it would always end up back here. Or even in the class sections... but again... it may end up back here. If I spam too much then I could be in big trouble.

Oh dear! Trouble and I are on a first name basis.

My thought is that other members could help out in the forum. I have been placing a blurb on the channel in as many posts as possible relating to PvP, in other areas.

I will talk with my inside person... to see what I could do. Right now, I am handling another matter and I don't want to abuse the opportunity.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    @kreatyve ... @ironzerg79 ... or @zebular

Could you please make this a sticky... like the Dragon Speed Dating thread has been stickied?

Thank you

Please send me a pm if you can't... because I would like a reason.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    You will be added as soon as I log back on.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    drkbodhi said:

Could you please make this a sticky... like the Dragon Speed Dating thread has been stickied?

Thank you

Sorry, we do not sticky custom channel threads. Normally, we put them all in Moonstone Mask but left this one here because it was PvP Specific. That's all we can do. The Dragon Speed Dating thread is a guide and isn't even comparable for sticky reasons. As well, we haven't even stickied the NW_Legit_Community thread despite Ambi being an Operator and Myself being a Channel and Site Admin for the channel.

Instead, I suggest to make the part in your signature "the OfficialPuGPvP channel is LIVE" as a hyperlink to this thread.

Thanks... not a bad idea.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I will do man
    So my attention to this endeavor will have to be put on hod as my computer is failing me. I have not been able to log on for 2 days... and I do not seen a clear end to my situation without buying a new computer.

Apologies.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    drkbodhi said:

Thank you

Sorry, we don't sticky custom channel threads. The dragon speed dating thread is a guide, so really that cannot be compared. We haven't even stickied NW_Legit_Community thread and most of the Moderators are operators/admins there. Sorry!

What I suggest to do instead is in yoru signature: make the part, "the OfficialPuGPvP channel is LIVE" a link to this thread.
    drkbodhi said:

Thank you

Sorry, we don't sticky custom channel threads. The dragon speed dating thread is a guide, so really that cannot be compared. We haven't even stickied NW_Legit_Community thread and most of the Moderators are operators/admins there. Sorry!

What I suggest to do instead is in yoru signature: make the part, "the OfficialPuGPvP channel is LIVE" a link to this thread.