test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The PuG PvP Channel

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    We have a lot of PvP guild members on the channel... there for guidance and support. Many of whom were in the top 1000 during the NCL and are considered experts in playing a specific class. If you care to join their ranks, Tald, you will have to talk to me. There is ONE rule though... Don't be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$h0L3... and I am not 100% sure you can follow that rule.

And making a guild defeats the purpose of the channel. People need guidance not set affiliations. Just because were PuGs does not mean that we are not Legit PvP players. We would be just another PvP guild... and we are looking to be different than that. All the guidance, instruction, support and team-building without all of the drama and expectations. You should not have to join a PvP guild just to find out how to play.

Personally, many years ago I walked away from leading a very strong PvP group, in a game where entire maps were PvP. Our group was even HQ'd in the most dangerous of those maps. I left because too many of them members had a singular focus, when I was seeking fair combat they were hunting newbies. That to me isn't skill or PvP.

We all desire to help change something that we know to be broken... and instead of waiting for things to change... we are setting it up so we all can do better in a broken system.

Thank you for your input, though. Yes it is an option... but many people do not change guilds, alliances or loyalties easily. I am not asking for the level of commitment that a guild would be asking for.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    drkbodhi,

Being in game and playing in character is way different then being in a discussion on the boards. You all affiliate the character with the person behind it. You need to get passed that I am offering help to those that need it. And never said anything about pugs not being legit. Just offering to show them how to play legit. Since many in this game do not period.

I come from a long line of role playing games and play a in character.

My offer still stands. I top the ranks of pvp as well playing legit. Can't say that for most. Combat logs speak the truth.

Hope this goes through and works out for you all. Wish you all the best you all know where to find me.
    You can call me Atwil. If the offer is sincere I will invite you. Because I do know that you are a competitor.

I understand that you are playing a character and that there is a person at the keyboard, but the only experience I have related to you is through what I see in chat and playing with you and against you.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Atwil,

It never personal in game. Bantering was an old part of pvp since back in the day. Read My bio in game some time you will understand. And yes I am willing to help anyone in pugs that need it.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Good to see this channel is still growing, keep it up! :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    Don't forget folks, there is a TS channel for the PugPvp channel users. Inquire in game if you are in the channel and do not have the TS info. Cheers
    I will be posting the TS info tonight in the greeting message. I have been waiting for 30 members... and we now have that.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Count me in as a member since i am newby XD

@cesuke
    I will add you later today cesuke.

ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Some of you may not see this as news, but those that took part in this are feeling the winds of change. Despite ONE minor mix-up, LMAO, and a untimely disconnect... the OfficialPuGPvP channel created it's first set of premades.

An organized group of veterans all committed to making changes in PvP, took to the arenas last night. Even though we lost a Dom match and I dc'd just as the queue popped, we ended up winning 2 out of 3 GG matches. I will not mention that I could not move much during either of our GG matches... stupid lag.

We ended up winning 2/4 matches. One of which we really do not count seeing that we entered Dom to see what we would get. We got abused and none of us, that I know of, got any Glory. Our thanks go out to an over-friendly Essence of Aggression premade... you showed us how valuable what were are doing really is.

Shout outs to all who were there.

@lemonchill there will be many more to join.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Still would like to join if you'll have me.

@vordayn
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    @vordayn your invite has been sent. You need to go to the Channel settings and switch to Custom Channel. The invite is sitting there for you.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    @vordayn your invite has been sent. You need to go to the Channel settings and switch to Custom Channel. The invite is sitting there for you.​​

For some reason, it isn't showing up. I've checked with all my characters. Would it be possible to try to re-invite please?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    I will reinvite.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    Glad to see this is starting to take shape :). Keep up the good work, Drkbodhi.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Some of you may not see this as news, but those that took part in this are feeling the winds of change. Despite ONE minor mix-up, LMAO, and a untimely disconnect... the OfficialPuGPvP channel created it's first set of premades.

An organized group of veterans all committed to making changes in PvP, took to the arenas last night. Even though we lost a Dom match and I dc'd just as the queue popped, we ended up winning 2 out of 3 GG matches. I will not mention that I could not move much during either of our GG matches... stupid lag.

We ended up winning 2/4 matches. One of which we really do not count seeing that we entered Dom to see what we would get. We got abused and none of us, that I know of, got any Glory. Our thanks go out to an over-friendly Essence of Aggression premade... you showed us how valuable what were are doing really is.

Shout outs to all who were there.

@lemonchill there will be many more to join.

so why do you still que for domination arena? let it only for them, wait at que for an hour or two ... and comeback only for NCL

overall, no suprised you were demolished. you must be punished for your forum talks)))

We were testing something out. We made a choice to enter both queues, unless we have solid in-house set up... we will not be doing that again. I m not sure if they knew who we were. I have faced and killed a few of these EoA members, before they decided to join EoA.

Honestly, if this is something that pisses them off... lmao. They will never find us... because of our random-looking make up... until they are told. I am considering tossing out zone chat spam... after we win. In fact we talked about doing just that before we headed to bed.

And when I mean random looking, I am not kidding. Not one of us on the team last night, was BiS either. This is like guerrilla style PvP.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    i often press "x" and pvp population is not big, so i know players. And i saw you when we were teamed up randomly. But you are probably right, its under their mind recognize who do they spawncamp in your case, but there are known (at forum) players already in channel, so it should be easy to recognize channel premade to me
    We should recognize @handles... but not everyone looks at X. A lot of the people who are part of the channel have contacted me in game or via PM. So am I going to be in a premade when you see me? Are any of us? The funny thing is that we have sheep in wolf's clothing and wolves in sheep's clothing.

What is known is also not known.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Invite heading out. Please check the custom chat channels is you asked for an invite.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Count me in (@sweatapodimas). PuG'n ain't easy, good idea drkbodhi.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
    edited August 2015
    Wasn't my idea... I just took the responsibility to gather everyone. I believe that the original idea came from 2 magnanimous PvPers... they know who they are.

I will invite as soon as log in.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Quite a few new editions to the channel... a lot of names related to experience and dedication to making things different... for everyone.

If you asked for an invitation, please check your Custom Channel tab in the Chat menu...the invites were sent.

A few of us decided to jump into a party after the 3 of us entered separately... and we had a lot of fun, even if we lost 2 out of the 4 matches. They can both attest to this fact even if you are getting your butts stomped a match can still be awesome. Especially, if the right people are there to share the pain.

In one match it was funny... because it almost seemed like a bit like a Who's Who in the forums List of TRs. I recognized at least 5 TR names that I know from here... including the 2 that I was running around with.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    I have officially made the channel public. However, I will be watching it closely... as will a couple of the other members.

All you have to do to join is this...

type this in your chat window... "/channel_join OfficialPuGPvP" and you will be in.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited September 2015
    As of a couple days ago... we have 7 or 8 wins vs 4 or 5 losses. I guess I need to keep a better record of the matches we enter as a group. Aaaahhh, who cares as long as we are having fun and getting things done.

I have also upgraded everyone status in the group so they can invite people as well.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I look at this channel as a double edge blade.

On the positive side - it helps the new players to learn about the pvp system better and gives the community a good channel to find premade partners if they can't find teammates in their own guild.

Down side - There would be other people complaining about this is just another form of PREMADE which many pvp forum players has been complaining about including Drkbodhi, so I wonder is this really a good way to help the pvp community?

Personally I look forward to seeing more people teaming up with their buddies to join pvp ground to both have fun and develope more pvp tactics instead of dumbing it down and make everyone a solo player, in the end you can only use so many tactics if you queue alone (and the chance is your teammate wont even listen to your tactic or there could be too many people trying to offer different tactics and nobody follows), so having more people group queuing together to each use their own team tactics in pvp ground would make it more fun imo.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    icyphish wrote: »
    I look at this channel as a double edge blade.

On the positive side - it helps the new players to learn about the pvp system better and gives the community a good channel to find premade partners if they can't find teammates in their own guild.

Down side - There would be other people complaining about this is just another form of PREMADE which many pvp forum players has been complaining about including Drkbodhi, so I wonder is this really a good way to help the pvp community?

Personally I look forward to seeing more people teaming up with their buddies to join pvp ground to both have fun and develope more pvp tactics instead of dumbing it down and make everyone a solo player, in the end you can only use so many tactics if you queue alone (and the chance is your teammate wont even listen to your tactic or there could be too many people trying to offer different tactics and nobody follows), so having more people group queuing together to each use their own team tactics in pvp ground would make it more fun imo.

I think this is why many people hesitate to join the channel. Although these are premades they are unique premades... premades that are able to look like a PuG.

So far there are about 15 to 20, it may even be more, guilds represented in the channel. Most of the guilds represented are smaller casual guilds. Yes, we have some PvP guild members... many of them are just there to help and I have personally talked to each of them regarding their interest in this channel. I believe the others have been experiencing a lack in their guild.

I am thinking of adding a new rule to it though... what happens in the chat stays with it's members. Meaning if there is a request for help or an invitation to join someone in IWD... that request goes to members only... and stays with members only. There was an incident where an impromptu training exercise was cobbled together. I reached out to any member who was on to come out to the Pass for some practice. It seems that one specific guild found out from a member of the channel... to head out to the Pass. Within 5 minutes the zone was crawling with members of this guild.

I don't mind the competition and assistance... but they have their own program set up for helping members. I am offering the same for everyone else.

The reason that my mind changed on this subject... was after reading kweassa's study on the impact of ONE 5 man premade on a 20 player match. My thought was this... and I talked with other players about my thoughts on the thread... what if a 'sheep in wolves clothing' hid in plain sight in an effort to help other unhappy PuG PvPers?

A premade with the intention to make every match enjoyable for all of the combatants... instead of stomping the competition. Even in a one-sided match we WILL not camp or lord our dominance over anyone. We will allow the match to continue on it's natural course. We offer assistance and inclusiveness in an area of exclusivity.

I have heard from some members that they were worried that this channel was nothing more than another way to abuse naive PvPers. On the contrary... we would like to mold those people into confident members of the PvP community.

I for one ask that everyone in channel, while representing the channel, play as I play. Have fun, help your team and treat others as you expect to be treated. Hey even I can throw out some "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-talk"... out of frustration.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I tried to get my daily victory seal yesterday and failed majestically after 5 tries, I'm mainly a PvE cleric and I'm just casually trying to get my seals to buy gear to get ready for SH siège. Can I join?
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
    Anyone can join...

/channel_join OfficialPuGPvP... it is automatic, right now.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance